F2p Mage Proposal *Read it now!* 105 supporters!!!!

Komodoman360

That could work, the basic premise or line that we want to follow is "help fix the f2p combat triangle" anything that implies that is fine with me :) I'm going to be working on another sig that might appeal to those who like the more graphic signatures. I still don't know how to make a moving/animated sig, so I'm going to keep working on that, and you'll probably see another sig or two within the month.

sigs066.gifLUIGI IS AWESOME

supportrobesze8.png

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep i deffinatly support, my friend was trying to get full ftp mage robes, i told him to not bother because there isn't one lol :roll:

ancientwv8.png

untitled6kv7.gif98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

There are 3 million active f2p players ad 800,000 active p2p players. And ads give about the same as a membership... So free players give JAGeX more money than p2p players.
*Sigh*

Tell me, what gives you this miraculous insight?

Oh, I've seen this kind of crack justification plenty of times before. If you assume that the adverts work on a CPM payment system, and then you assume that there are X number of active F2Ps, and then you assume that each ad generates Y number of dollars per impression, and then you assume that each F2P server requires Z number of dollars per month to run, F2P magically becomes more profitable than P2P.

Sorry mate, but without some concrete, referenced information directly from Jagex HQ, all of this stuff is just an exercise in making assumptions.

Ok, although I agree with stihl, we don't want to start an argument, yes, we know that f2p generates SOME profit, but it's nowhere near the amount that p2p pays, otherwise, there would be no point, they could just give all the updates to f2p, and have no p2p. so there you have it folks, thats why p2p gets a lot of updates, but that still doesn't justify what some say, like "you don't pay, you don't get anything"

supportrobesze8.png

I support most of this except the elemental blast spell it would make the family crest quest make no sense 9you need to cast all four elmental blasts on the the demon at the end

and Ghostly robes arent tradable so it wouldnt work.

noob:need hot gf

me this is not a dating sevice its a game

noob:but thats the only reson i play this game

then is suggest you use a dating service

but i cant im only 7 #-o

I support most of this except the elemental blast spell it would make the family crest quest make no sense 9you need to cast all four elmental blasts on the the demon at the end

and Ghostly robes arent tradable so it wouldnt work.

They were only a suggestion, but that could be changed.

Ok, Now opening suggestions for two things, a new spell, and bonuses that aren't listed for the armor.

And Jiraiya, I'm on a school comp, and it doesn't display sigs for some reason, so I'm going to get to that later, as I can't see it now, or I'll just edit my post.

supportrobesze8.png

freeplayers dont deserve more than what they have + holiday updates

They are fulfilled beyond your knowing. The Cryst is sundered, age of

Stones complete. From the undying ones the world is freed. You shall not tread

this path alone. Together we go. Come.

If you feel you must say it, at least give a reason.

why give a rason to a self explanitory response? oh well, better appease the noobs

they dont pay the $5USD, so why should they even get updates at all really

why give a rason to a self explanitory response? oh well, better appease the noobs

First up, I am no noob. Next, the reason this one is NECESSARY is because the combat triangle Jagex loves so much is off-balanced.

First up, I am no noob. Next, the reason this one is NECESSARY is because the combat triangle Jagex loves so much is off-balanced.

necessity doesnt mean they DESERVE it

F2P "deserves" whatever Jagex deems appropriate to make P2P a more attractive venture, it's that simple.

I don't know why I have to keep going over this, but let's make a little distinction. The concept of a sample is to be workable, while leaving you wanting more. A flawed sample is naturally less workable, and therefore, less likely to lead to a purchase.

At best, an imbalanced combat system gives a mixed incentive to purchase membership. You may want to go P2P in hopes that the combat system there is better, or you may be apalled at the combat system and forget about Runescape altogether. Making a mediocre addition for the sake of rectifying this imbalance would clearly be more beneficial than harmful. Such a thing would easily pay for itself; and that, my friend, is entirely self-explanatory.

I appreciate your choice of username, but don't make me quote Hetfield on you. :wink:

F2P "deserves" whatever Jagex deems appropriate to make P2P a more attractive venture, it's that simple.

I don't know why I have to keep going over this, but let's make a little distinction. The concept of a sample is to be workable, while leaving you wanting more. A flawed sample is naturally less workable, and therefore, less likely to lead to a purchase.

At best, an imbalanced combat system gives a mixed incentive to purchase membership. You may want to go P2P in hopes that the combat system there is better, or you may be apalled at the combat system and forget about Runescape altogether. Making a mediocre addition for the sake of rectifying this imbalance would clearly be more beneficial than harmful. Such a thing would easily pay for itself; and that, my friend, is entirely self-explanatory.

I appreciate your choice of username, but don't make me quote Hetfield on you. :wink:

the way you reffer (sp?) to it, you make freeplay sound like all it has is combat, and try to shove a point down my throat.

F2P doesnt deserve any updates. end of story

I don't suppourt.

The thing is, magic has taken a lot of power in f2p already. Over half of the players I see in f2p wilderness are mages and are actually the only threat to a player like me. If you give even more magic items, then meleers and rangers won't stand a single chance and they will mourn for more stuff and it would just expand further and further and we will come to this again : They have that, you have that and we have nothing. Endless spin.

Jagex makes money with members and if they give a part of members to f2p, they have to work more, so that members will have even more.

Therefore I have to say : You play the game for free, be happy. You pay for the game, ask for more.

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]