Posh And Bucks: A Disgrace

TotalTalker

Hey guys,

Sorry if i spelt disgarce wrong, lol. I dont know whether you have heard letely in the news, but David Beckham is meving to L.A, and the amount of money he is going to be earning for playing football is unbelievable. It is something like 128.5m every five years, 25.8 every years, 492k a week, 70k a day and 80p a second.

He says hes not doing it for the money :-s

If he wasnt doing it for the money, then why doesnt he get into a better team, im sure they would accept him.

Thoughts?

honestly, every major sport(baseball, basketball, football, soccer, hockey) has completely disgraced society by paying thier players ridiculous salaries only to make them sit the game out when they get the smallest injury for fear that their value as a player will go down. everything is about the money any more. dont get me wrong, i think it's fine that they have these salaries, but hell, if i was paying someone millions a year to play, i think they could suffer through a bruised hand to play. #-o

i refuse to support the above named sports for that reason. i won't watch them on tv, or go to games, unless i get free tickets, or buy merchandise from teams.

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

honestly, every major sport(baseball, basketball, football, soccer, hockey) has completely disgraced society by paying thier players ridiculous salaries only to make them sit the game out when they get the smallest injury for fear that their value as a player will go down.

Hey now, the NHL capped salaries :P

summerpngwy6.jpg

several things surprised me about this:

1) You spelt "Becks" "Bucks" as if she had married a dear

2) You were talking about tabloid trash

3) You spelt disgrace correctly in your title, then, whilst commenting on it, you spelt it incorrectly

4) how the hell did you put an "e" into "moving" - the "e" key is so far away from the "o". You may have a different keyboard I suppose.

4) You care about this trash?

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

Honestly, who wouldn't do it thou... He wasn't getting any gameplay and is depressed coz he got 'kicked' out of the English team. Now he'll probely be the best in the team (well, the best in the whole USA) and he'll make loads of cash, so he did the right thing :wink:

Just a thought... can anyone honestly say that anyone on this entire planet does a job that's actually worth 26m per year?

No doctor, leader, scientist, humanitarian does a job that should be paid that kind of money...

It's disgusting, there's people who can't afford to eat each day and you've got people earning money like that!

Harrington.gif

Dont hate the player, hate the game. Corny saying i know, but its true.

Im not a big fan of David Beckham but i dont think anything bad of him for moving to LA. Hes just going where the money is and good for him. Its the club thats paying him that ridiculous fee that is the disgrace. Clubs like Chelsea also make me sick :notalk:

Main/Retired - Buzzsaw

Current Account - Wileout

Dude, please rename the thread so 'Becks' isnt misspelled, also what has Victoria got to do with the whole affair?

Also, he said it wasn't for the money, but all he wants to do is have a fresh start, get playing again, and bring Football to the U.S.

supernovasigst7.jpg

Just a thought... can anyone honestly say that anyone on this entire planet does a job that's actually worth 26m per year?

No doctor, leader, scientist, humanitarian does a job that should be paid that kind of money...

It's disgusting, there's people who can't afford to eat each day and you've got people earning money like that!

lol that reminded me of an email i got from my uncle once, about how it's theoretically impossible for an engineer, scientist, doctor, etc, to make as much money as an athlete, politician, movie star, etc.

it was similar to the women=evil proof that im sure most people have heard.

i dont remember all of it, but it ended up:

money = work/knowledge

so as knowledge goes to 0, money goes to infinity, even if the quantity of work was very low, while as knowlege goes to infinity, money goes to 0, even if the quantity of work is very high.

:lol:

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

several things surprised me about this:

1) You spelt "Becks" "Bucks" as if she had married a dear

2) You were talking about tabloid trash

3) You spelt disgrace correctly in your title, then, whilst commenting on it, you spelt it incorrectly

4) how the hell did you put an "e" into "moving" - the "e" key is so far away from the "o". You may have a different keyboard I suppose.

4) You care about this trash?

1.) You spelled "deer" wrong. ;) Plus, has it occurred to you that perhaps it was a reference to the money he'd be getting?

2.) Well, what did you want him to do then in regards to this topic? Grab the couple's financial records, personal information, moving contracts, etc.?

3.) We all can't be perfect with our spelling.

4.) Maybe he typed "moeving" (moveing which is incorrect of course, but that can be a typo) and deleted the wrong vowel.

5.) You typed 4) instead of 5). >_> It's just something he wants to share. Your post wasn't very contributional to the topic at hand.

In regards to the topic, maybe he really isn't doing it for the money and wants to have a bit of change, plus bring back some quality into the football/soccer team in the US. Can we really disgrace everyone that goes to another country for that? Plus, as people have said, it's not him that asked for the salary. It's what was being offered, and sometimes you really can't ask for lower or that would ruin your name oddly enough.

*sigh* football is rubbish, the players are overpaid two year olds.

:roll:

Think before you post.

I don't think Beckham is doing this to bring football to America, or for the challenge. But hey, who would not take the chance to earn that kind of money?

But I'm quite surprised he can still get that kind of offer. He hasn't really been in his best form lately. I honestly think Real Madrid isn't regretting he is leaving.

If someone is prepared to pay that amount a year then I would say yes they are doing a job worth that amount of money. It is others who have decided to pay it, and they would not have decided to pay that amount if they believed he was not worth it.

I would take that job in an instant, 26million a year... :ohnoes:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

You must remember though that every profesional sport is a business not just a sport, thats why people get moved around alot. I really don't see anything wrong with it, it is just business. I really don't see how its a disgrace...

posh is only famous cause shes maried to him so famous for being a (censored).

~kiddo

Hm, I'd say the Spice Girls were quite famous.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

But their kids I bet are getting pushed around waaaay too much by the papparazzi, and moving to another country, well, its happening all over again. Victoria always said she wanted to go to LA (doesnt that sound like a really snobby woman with too much money on her hands?). I wonder what exactly the kids are going though... tut tut :notalk:

~ W ~

sigzi.png

So you're trying to tell me, considering your past history on this board, you wouldn't accept a multi million contract, vast imaging rights, in a club you already own shares in, in the place you've set up your soccer academy, with the chance to be identified as the person who revolutionised the world's most popular sport in the world's most powerful nation?

My. Smegging. Arse.