Mauls.....are they underrated?

ewan

My friend thinks that the maul is the best weapon ever. He tells me he can hit 12's with it...I can easily hit 12's much faster with a rune scimitar..

2w3uule.png

2w726iv.png

you know there is a place called outside, better graphics 100% pvp and no fee to play :-w

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDEA!!

The new fighting torso (+4 Str) is very weak to anything except slash, therefore a KO with a maul would be way easier then one with a dds if you have good attack and str. The only downside is that you only get one chance for a ko, rather then the 4 chances you get with dds.

well dds is a whole lot less accurate well what i like to do is use dds spec 2 times then use the maul and hopefully kill then in 1 normal and 1 spec hit or in like wildy just try killing them with like a d scimmy when they have low hp and think they will win i whip out the g maul then hit 3 times

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"

i also hope they make the spec 3 times cause i would like that

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"

Hehe I think it's just a brick. :P Along your line of logic, with maxed str bonus on a DDS (around 80 :wall: ) and 99 str, you can hit 8 34's in 4 seconds. Keep in mind that the maul is actually used quite a bit by pures and lower levels.... once again, most people prefer the DDS, and then a whip. With the DDS you have a higher margin of error: with the maul you HAVE to get all 3 attacks high, and if not, you're sunk, out of specs. With the DDS you have 8 attacks to get in 99 damage at the very most.

Never thought something I said would be siggified. Kinda freaked me out :shock:

On topic: I see them used mainly as a KO wep for low level stakers.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Never thought something I said would be siggified. Kinda freaked me out :shock:

Lol, let it sink in, the first time is always weird :lol: .

As said before, I prefer a DDS over the maul spec. Not only because it's way better, but because it looks much cooler too :lol: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

ahhhh no......mauls are an insanely slow hitting weapon, if you can move that thing above .000003 km/h then you must have 99 str..lol... i know your str lvl doesnt mean you hit faster if you were about to criticise me.

or does it..... :shock:

but anyway they are completely pointless ,d scimmies and d longs are heaps better and about the same price.

wooot my whip ownage ftw!!!!

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

I saw a ranger ko a guy for a whip with a maul. It's special is better for rangers vs melee.

Don't ask me why, i don't know. But you should have been there, it was glorious.

Hehe I think it's just a brick. :P Along your line of logic, with maxed str bonus on a DDS (around 80 :wall: ) and 99 str, you can hit 8 34's in 4 seconds. Keep in mind that the maul is actually used quite a bit by pures and lower levels.... once again, most people prefer the DDS, and then a whip. With the DDS you have a higher margin of error: with the maul you HAVE to get all 3 attacks high, and if not, you're sunk, out of specs. With the DDS you have 8 attacks to get in 99 damage at the very most.

40 str bonus ;)

I love it. Since it's crush, It flies right through platemails... :D

And it IS powerful.. Yeah It's underrated.

I play World Of Warcraft.

(http://www.worldofwarcraft.com)

Draka [Alliance] Squeeky Mage

It's the fact that it's a lovely KO weapon for lower leveled pures, around 45-55. I used it quite a bit as a KO weapon on my Granite Maul pure when he was a member. Quite a lovely tool. But it was glitched a while back where if you clicked too fast on the special bar, it'd use all of the bar, but only spec once... Kinda stunk how I lost kills like that.

So basically, if you can't wield a DDS, then your next option for a KO is a Granite Maul! Woot!

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

It sort of bugs..half the topic is filled with off topiccomparing it too other items and using it for training..I onbiously mean for pking?

I AM SURELY GOING TO WIN THE AWARD OF THE MOST LOVED TIP.IT'ER EVER, SURELY?

Mauls aren't bad if u can't afford anything better IMO

Of if you can't wield anything better.

true but I can in both case's I'm just saying for poorer players

finally back in the game! send me a message, all my old friends quit

I laughed so hard I pooped my thong. :lol:

I wouldn't rely on a maul to get me kills, but it IS really fun to play with in CW.

Also I always keep one on me if I'm dueling, incase someone wants to duel with the shield spot on.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Mauls aren't bad if u can't afford anything better IMO

Of if you can't wield anything better.

true but I can in both case's I'm just saying for poorer players

Not true.

Gmaul = 80k

DDP(++) = 50k

just so you know.

on topic: I think mauls own for pures for example if anyone has seen Dream Rat3 will know what im talking about. A blitz and gmaul special combo is the bogs dollocks. :-$ :thumbsup:

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

I actually thought the mauls special would be better for KOing then DDS...but the thing is...it is actually not that accurate...at 95 attack i hit 2 zero's while using the special about 10 different times i tried it. Also, people do not realize that poison is a lot more useful then it seems...What i mean by this is people will bring full load of sharks rather then sacrifice a shark for an anti poison...every poison hits 3 times, right? so this means that:

6*3=18

5*3=15

4*3=12

3*3=9

2*3=6

1*3=3

18+15+12+9+6+3=63

63 damage can be done...not to mention it can help with KO's..

w4M8t.png

I see your point but i would say its under-rated becuase if u think about it the maul can hit 3*43 in a second!thats 500 exp in a second but dds can hit more then 43 maybe not in 1 hit but it can hit a 25 and if u use a special that could be a 50! and u have 4 specials so clearly the mauls good but dds is kinda faster and better if u use my way and my opinion. \' :thumbsup: :D

ssxisfun.png

ssxisfun.gif

ssxisfun.gif

personally when i get em from gargs i alch em.. can be bothered too sell em

the reason not many higher lvls use em they are insanely slow and as XP mentioned not very accurate...

I mean they were really cool when they came out but died off rather quickly

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp