ever meet/befriend a RS player outside RS?

ixfd64

Well, it's a small world. With RuneScape becoming more and more popular, it's very likely that we'll weet fellow RS players outside of the game. So, does anyone have any special experiences with RS players outside of RS?

For me, I have a few:

Real life

Some time in early 2006, I went to a party, and I saw another family whose children played RS. They thought it was really cool how I was a mod, and so Battleman290 and his brother Battleman209 are now on my friend list!

Not too long later, my family went out with another family, and I learned that their son played RS under the name Draken Death. So that's another real life friend who plays RS!

I've met a few RS players in other non-RS communities:

Excal Shells from the Pyro Universe forums (a forum dedicated to fireworks hobbyists)

Jcantrell from the English Wikipedia

A few fellows from MySpace

And here's another encounter which shows how small our world is. A few months ago, I joined LaserCommunity, a forum for laser enthusiasts, run by Wicked Lasers, the company that sells high-powered handheld lasers. There, I had a conversation with "Pseudonomen137", one of the forums most respected members. It turns out that he is Mafu5 from RuneScape. Old school players may recognize the name! I remember that a few people complained about him, but I guess that we all become better people over time. :)

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

One time I heard somebody talk about runescape at school, and that was strange becouse I thought nobody played it (it was 6 years ago)0

When I asked his RSN I saw we were friends since a month or so :XD:

(That was OhNo and P O T H , they used to be in the biggest dutch clan - coleaders etc)

siggyanimatoin5dt.gif

--- Since januari/februari 2001 ---

The Grand Exchange Search Extension

I was discussing gaming with my friends in the university cafeteria, and I found out two of them played!

They don't hardly get on anymore...one of them particularly because he's in the US Air Force now. ::'

I know many 10 year olds, haven't added me thought, hopefully they don't know how to either. :shock:

I don't tell them my RSN, my friend does; "ADD IDARODO, HE GIVS J00 PHREE STOFF!"

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

i know ppl irl that play rs or played rs... most didnt even get to lvl 50 cb... i gave most some junk but they keep begging :(

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

No one plays in my family. They think I'm weird playing with "pixels". In my school there are a couple of kids who play too, but I don't like them.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Once i had gone to this camp that was for a week and while doing one of the activities(which was chiseling stuff, I made a milk carton out of wood lol) and the chisel like slipped and I took a nice amount of skin off my hands and while I was washing/bandaging the cut I heard someone go "If only they had graphics like that in Runescape". hehehe

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

I met someone who saw my saginaw avvy on tif, then found out they live in saginaw, like hockey, like the saginaw spirit, have season tickets, and even host a player like me :shock: I know their name but can't remember what they look like, I will soon meet him lol. :P

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.