Granite Mining, Now Harder To Powermine?

Seanthorn

I'm quite suprised how many people have commented and views this topic. All these people saying this is a stupid thing to argue about, just LOOK at how many people have commented, and viewed. That just proves its a interesting update people want to discuss...

3916.png

3917.png

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOD!! Just as I was thinking it would be nice to grab a few levels there.

Solution: full inventory of waterskins except 2

say you have granite A and B

Mine granite rock A

Mine granite rock B

Drop granite A just as you get granite B

Mine granite rock A

Drop granite B just as you get granite A

Continue to infinity......

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Mine granite rock A

Mine granite rock B

Mine granite rock A

Thats acctually a really good idea, because that wont ache, cause msot people say "mine 2, drop 2" Wehre this is mine 2, as ure about to mine the second, drop 1. Really good!

3916.png

3917.png

Chill? are u kidding? im sitting hear laughing with my freind..

this master thiever wanted to call others with 99 a noob, and an absurd reason why, im just relating it to the real world. im hoping they wont reply since they through out all techology..

atm they are riding a horse down to milk a cow, then churn the better :thumbsup: hope they enjoy it! :thumbsup:

they love living in the past, now they can in real life.

you are such a moron, you didn't even read what i said. Did i say anywhere that I continue to use the 100k xp per hour method? No i said I use gloves of silence [personal preference over pyramid plunder, same xp per hour].

Chill? are u kidding? im sitting hear laughing with my freind..

this master thiever wanted to call others with 99 a noob, and an absurd reason why, im just relating it to the real world. im hoping they wont reply since they through out all techology..

atm they are riding a horse down to milk a cow, then churn the better :thumbsup: hope they enjoy it! :thumbsup:

they love living in the past, now they can in real life.

you are such a moron, you didn't even read what i said. Did i say anywhere that I continue to use the 100k xp per hour method? No i said I use gloves of silence [personal preference over pyramid plunder, same xp per hour].

no you didnt lol

genielampsiggv7.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-23

Oh is it really that hard to go back to the way it was before powermining granite? Powermining granite made mining too easy, I actually support this idea, you shouldn't complain about this update, the game is easy enough as it is.

Then again you COULD always just bring 1 waterskin and a knife, then tp up your waterskin at a nearby cactus, sounds good much?

happysigbp0.jpg

Umm... Boohoo?

Sorry.

Use iron? lol. Iron is more useful than granite anyway...

I don't really believe in power(insert skill here). It's an overfocus and quick way to gain levels.

Anyhow, so what if they changed it? It makes sense that they did though. It's not like rock magically makes things cool down in the middle of the deadly desert. Rocks actually make things hotter (well, depending on the color of the rock :P). So it makes perfect sense that they changed it.

And my 70 mining? I got that all by just mining when I needed to. Yep, 70 mining after 5 1/2 years starting in RSC.

But back on topic, so now you buy a lot of waterskins and wear desert clothes, camulet telly to the temple, go to granite mine, have a dueling ring equipped, have a row or two of full waterskins, and you can be there for like an hour. Then ring telly, pull out more waterskins, camulet telly back and repeat.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

I powermine there a lot

now i have to bank every 2-3 hours for about 5 mins te get new waterskins.

no big deal if you ask me

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

Take 20-25 waterskins, desert robes, etc and you can stay for hours. You don't need more space for powermining anyways.

I got 85 mining 2 years ago on iron, so I don't really care...maybe I'll get 99 mining after att :D

Thats ridiculous. So all the people who power mined there to 99 got a quicker shortcut then others? thats lame... *goes to the rants board on official boards*

Isn't this the case with many things? How about the "PC" generation who don't actually train the stats but use Pest Control points towards it. People who live at PC to get their combat stats up.

I'm glad this is one less "power" train option =D> Or at least, making it a bit more of a pain to do.

I understand that many may not like my old fashioned to training approach and that's fine :wink:

well actually mining is one of the few skills that got harder with rs2's release. It use to be that things in your inventory auto dropped when were full but now they don't so its a very tedious skill. This just makes it more tedious. The skill is almost dead so why make it more dead?

ha yes, the good old days of powermining coal

got my mining up to 60 like that =)

Knitting. At level 1, you can make fuzzy mittens. At level 50, fuzzy rainbow sweaters. At level 99? Fuzzy pink toe socks.

Oh yeah.

'Scaper since 2002

Take 20-25 waterskins, desert robes, etc and you can stay for hours. You don't need more space for powermining anyways.

I got 85 mining 2 years ago on iron, so I don't really care...maybe I'll get 99 mining after att :D

tyvm i had just gave up all hope of 85 lol

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

Here is just a suggestion:

Take 12 Waterskins(4) and 2 Buckets, a Bucket with Ugthanki Dung in it, along with your Camulet and your Pickaxe.

When you're low on waterskins, rub your camulet, and go to the part where the fountain is and use your buckets on the fountain and refill your waterskins, then just leave the "maze".

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

Here is just a suggestion:

Take 12 Waterskins(4) and 2 Buckets, a Bucket with Ugthanki Dung in it, along with your Camulet and your Pickaxe.

When you're low on waterskins, rub your camulet, and go to the part where the fountain is and use your buckets on the fountain and refill your waterskins, then just leave the "maze".

Or, just take your pickaxe and camulet. Mine till you die (as you're not wanting to keep the granite anyway). tele back with camulet and repeat.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

Mine granite rock A

Mine granite rock B

Mine granite rock A

Thats acctually a really good idea, because that wont ache, cause msot people say "mine 2, drop 2" Wehre this is mine 2, as ure about to mine the second, drop 1. Really good!

yup, the idea is that you only click once, (as you can prepare a right click and hover over "drop granite") and lose virtually no precious time as opposed to dropping all at the end which not only is annoying but wastes time. Originially thought of this as an alternative to hireing a granite dropper and it seems to be usefull in this situation where you can't have a full inventory.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

And how do i get a Camulet? I don't do many quests...
Enakhra's Lament.

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

Ok, for those people who are saying that it's more realistic to have to drink in the desert and that it makes sense that the mine should have it too, you need to realize that Runescape is just a game. Your character won't die if he doesn't eat (unless you're injured, which doesn't really make sense either), he doesn't have to go to the bathroom, and he "respawns" when he dies. (same with monsters) Now imagine if all of these things actually were in Runescape. And besides, why does skill training have to be so dang hard? Jagex never probably intended for powerskilling anyways, but otherwise it takes impossible lengths of time. Some people can't be on 5 hours a day. (I for instance, have been palying for over 2 years now, but I got level 50 in a skill for the first time just over a month ago.

Can anyone tell me what the "Camulet" is and what it does?

It's an amulet you get from the Enhraka's Lament quest. It has 4 teleport charges and teleports you to the temple right enderneath the granite mining spot in the desert. It's recharged by using it in a bucket of camel dung.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]