DDS is NOT overpowered

i0ncl0ud9

Yes, I've come to a conclusion. The Dragon Dagger is not overpowered; it's just that the Magic Short Bow is UNDERpowered! Let's just give Ranged a NEW bow to even out the difference. The bow will have:

Four specials, with increased accuracy and power and two attacks per special.

Ability to be super-poisoned forever with just one potion.

Ability to be used an infinite amount of times without any required ammunition.

Ridiculously easy quest required to wield.

Costs 30,000gp from shop.

A level 60 ranged requirement.

The "Protect Item" will protect the bow even if the user is skulled, allowing the user to PK at absolutely NO risk.

The bow will have +40 Ranged attack, but other items can be used to raise this to +80 attack or higher.

With the best equipment and ideal conditions, the bow will be able to max over 37.

Has a range of one square.

Is one-handed

---------------------

On one of my previous threads, it has come to my attention that some mages would be VERY disappointed at their neglect in these matters, so I've seen fit to add this suggestion for a new magic staff that will cast a new spell:

Four specials, with increased accuracy and power and two attacks per special.

Ability to be super-poisoned forever with just one potion.

The staff-specific spell can be cast an infinite amount of times with no required ammunition.

Ridiculously easy quest required to wield.

Costs 30,000gp from shop.

A level 60 magic requirement.

The "Protect Item" will protect the staff even if the user is skulled, allowing the user to PK at absolutely NO risk.

The staff will have +40 Magic attack, but other items can be used to raise this to +80 or higher.

With the best equipment and ideal conditions, the staff will be able to max over 37.

Has a range of one square.

Is one-handed

------------------

What's overpowered NOW?

~GamerGuy45~

Perm muted since September 18, 2007

im assumming this is sarcasm. if we gave something to rangers and magers that had unlimited ammo supply of the runes/arrows we normaly would have to use like damn... we wouldnt have a use for arrows or runes anymore(exept runes used to cast the everyday non-combat spells).

I personally would just want the magic shortbow to have 2 specials that you can activate one after the other.oh and instead of the special decreasing the ability to hit make it increase the accuracy :thumbsup:

and for magic just some decent ability to KO... :wink:

blackmdefcape,ancnt%20hylian.gif

why would i use that bow over an msb now? it has 29 less range atk bonus.. i don't care if it has 4 specs or not lol.. but what do i know i'm 99 range

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

Yes, I've come to a conclusion. The Dragon Dagger is not overpowered; it's just that the Magic Short Bow is UNDERpowered! Let's just give Ranged a NEW bow to even out the difference. The bow will have:

Four specials, with increased accuracy and power and two attacks per special. yet from my experiances still hits low most of the time

Ability to be super-poisoned forever with just one potion. valid point

Ability to be used an infinite amount of times without any required ammunition. rangers shoot things (arrows) those things run out, its part of ranging, get over it

Ridiculously easy quest required to wield. as compared to the mage short now..no quest?

Costs 30,000gp from shop. valid, i guess

A level 60 ranged requirement. whats requirement on mage bow now? (50!)

The "Protect Item" will protect the bow even if the user is skulled, allowing the user to PK at absolutely NO risk. if you are wearing only the bow (worth only 30k, as you said, it will keep.

The bow will have +40 Ranged attack, but other items can be used to raise this to +80 attack or higher. again, valid i guess

With the best equipment and ideal conditions, the bow will be able to max over 37. 37 from a distance seems a bit harsh to a melee person..

Has a range of one square. its a bow..why would you want that?

Is one-handed so you want a crossbow? we have those

Just stop complaining about the "triangle"

35b9enp.jpg

He's being sarcastic, idiots

Ya, sarcasm may not be quite as easy to detect over the internet as it is "irl", but it's pathetically obvious that this is sarcastic people :lol: .

Way to put it in perspective for people whining about "the other class" being overpowered :P .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Ditto what spooferfish said.

My thing is, if you think your combat style (melee, range or mage) is underpowered, you're not using it right. If you think yours is overpowered and you don't really care, then you're probably owning those who whine about their stats and the triangle rather than train and adapt to the ever changing triangle :D

If someone (I'm living proof) could effectively PK with an MSB with rune arrows at 70 ranging then range sure as hell is not underpowered.

Check the sig, 'cause

Ranging = <3:

and

Ranging > Mage > Melee

:thumbsup:

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

You know this would speak out for alot of things:

I beat a kid in the Duel Arena with Range the day I got 70 Range. I put on my Black d hides and MSB and some rune arrows. My opponent was in all dragon except for rune plate and he had a whip. I was 1 cb lvl above him. Guess what folks? I won with over half my hp.

Dont whine.

lol i cant believe this was moved to suggestions. even when its painstakingly obvious, and when i made all those things about the bow, the 30k from shop, rediculously easy quest to wield, etc., i was comparing it to the dds now

~GamerGuy45~

lol i cant believe this was moved to suggestions. even when its painstakingly obvious, and when i made all those things about the bow, the 30k from shop, rediculously easy quest to wield, etc., i was comparing it to the dds now

Lol :wall:

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

aah. so satirical man! nice! kinda like johnathan swift's modest proposal.

anyway...i love the ppost. jagex will not do anything though...

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

i like it lol 8-)

i have an idea for a new weapon that hits 1 hit every time and never misses...just need to think of whether to have a lvl 30 or 40 atk requirement. You know, for the lower levels

Isn't this exactly like a DDS, but rangified?

basically, thats the point i was trying to get across. dds is waaaay overpowered, so, these will be too

~GamerGuy45~

In case all you people know, this isn't really a suggestion! lol

I was bored so i got to thinking about how rediculously strong the dds is, I mean, the dds has 4 specials, the mage short has 1 (then a minute later, u can use again). Also, with dds, you get a temp str boost when u use it, but with mage short, your stats are LOWERED for the shots you take!

~GamerGuy45~

this is kinda gettin 2 a point where its dragon vs wood...

your starting to bring drag mace into it and theres 1 little thing,

your comparing melle to range, compare range to range and it fits in with its lvl needed, for example:

mage short : 50 range

seercul: 50 range again but it has a full spec drain and it costs more

karil xbow: 70 range and degrades

crystal bow: 70 range and degrades and you need 50 aligty.

i think it fits in perfectly.

Quest cape got at 25th july 2007! Did grim tales and mouring end 2 to get same day!

99/99 strength got at 30th september 2007