I thought farming S*CKS but now.... IDK

Buzz9

When i was playing RuneScape, a skill came out.

It was farming. But why farming?

Whats so happy or good about farming?

WHO LIKES FARMING?

What is so funny about dropping seeds in the ground?

I have maybe farming 38 but thats because i do tears of guthix.

I can understand some people that they train farming because the have all they're other skills 99 lol.

But, why are some people crazy about farming?

I want to discuss about farming here.

My opinion is: "I dislike farming, doing tears of guthix to raise my lvl cause i hate all the waiting and dying of my herbs and hops"

masterofquestep4.gif

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first added skill? No. Slayer and RC were added before that.

Some people just like to farm. It helps out herblore alot too, and if you pay the farmers to look after trees, It goes up rather fast with no effort

Oke i changed it

It was my first added skill in rs.

then cons

then hunter

I wasnt started rs when slayer en rc came out rofl :D :wink: ::'

masterofquestep4.gif

I'm next to positive farming wasn't the first released skill. I was around when runecrafting was introduced then I quit for 2 years and came back to slayer, farming and thieving :-k

Anyways, farming is useful, cheap herbs which mean fast herblore training, and it's good exp while you're doing something else :P

I'm next to positive farming wasn't the first released skill. I was around when runecrafting was introduced then I quit for 2 years and came back to slayer, farming and thieving :-k

Somehow I doubt that :wink:

My opinion is: "I dislike farming, doing tears of guthix to raise my lvl cause i hate all the waiting and dying of my herbs and hops"

Don't tell me you just wait for your crops to grow? Just plant the seeds and do something else. Check them after a couple of hours.

The farming skill works very differently then the other skills. It requires alot more thought and planning. Many players prefer this over the mindless clicking of many other skills (like for example fishing, wc, mining). it's more complicated to get the best out of farming, but you should see this as a challenge.

phata_elise.png

Its fun that thieving or slayer and stuff came, but farming is kinda useless....

Could BE useful for some people who train herblore a lot.

But i have also only herblore 45. Farming is useless.

masterofquestep4.gif

(I've posted this sort of thing in another topic, but I'll post it in different words here for arguement's sake. :wink: )

I absolutely love farming - every time someone says "selling seeds" I have to go and see what they're selling. Call me an impulsive buyer (I am a girl, after all... ;)), but farming is one of my favourite skills simply because, like Hiimben said, it gives cheap herbs and exp without very much effort on your part.

It's also one heck of a moneymaker after a while. I farmed 2m of ranarrs - a few weeks later, bang! That 2m turned into 7m. I also got everything else I needed to do done in those weeks - a few combat levels here and there, a few thousand yew longs fletched, a few thousand nats runecrafted, and so on. All I had to do was plant one ranarr seed in each of the five patches, go and do something else for an hour, then go back, harvest and replant. Tell me, when was turning 2m into 7m (and then some) 'useless'?

Elise brings up a good point also - you actually sit there and wait for your crops to go? No wonder you hate it. I'd hate it myself if I did that, but I don't, so I like it, because whilst I'm out there slaying Fire Giants and getting combat levels, d meds (not that I've gotten one :oops: ), etc etc, my little ranarr seeds are doubling my money.

And... heh. I don't think farming is supposed to be 'funny' or 'happy' as you said in your first post. I mean, when was cutting logs with a knife 'funny' and killing monsters for other people 'happy'? :wink:

EDIT: And Ice is right - this seems more rant-like. :-k

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

Why dont you rephrase that and say "Farming is useless for YOU" and move this to the rants section.

Exactly. I'm sick and tired of people complaining about farming. Stop whinging like a 4 year old and get over it! Some people actually have a thing called patience and they don't mind waiting and leveling a skill that you can't no life to 99 in a week or two.

If you don't like it, don't level it. That simple. There are some skills I don't like, but I don't go making a topic about it and complaining about it.

Farming can be very handy. Cheap herbs and your own personal tree that no one else can cut down. You say your herblore is only 45, you can grow plenty of herbs in Farming to level that. I'm only 45 herblore too, but I just grew a bunch of irit seeds and I now have 294 irits ready to lvl my herblore. Farming can be useful and if all you do is stand at a patch and wait, then sure you'll hate it.

Plant some seeds, and go do something else. That simple.

If you don't like it, as I've said, don't level it. Stop complaining about a skill that some people actually like!

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

if i dont wait for my crops to grow, they'll die

I may not play RS from my parents so... i dont have all the time to play

When im 18 years old, or if i may play. Ill maybe train farming.

Im 16 years old now

Ill see

And yes i keep doing tears of guthix to raise it

masterofquestep4.gif

if i dont wait for my crops to grow, they'll die

I may not play RS from my parents so... i dont have all the time to play

When im 18 years old, or if i may play. Ill maybe train farming.

Im 16 years old now

Ill see

And yes i keep doing tears of guthix to raise it

Use supercompost, water once and use a flower to protect your crop (if possible) they will not die nearly as much. And you don't need much time to farm either. It doesn't take long to treat some patches and collect harvests. I have limited time and I managed to be able to do it.

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

Farming is he worstest skill ever madez!!

Very witty. Don't bother stating why you hate farming, just make a pointless post eh? If your going to call it "the worstest skill ever madez!!" then perhaps give some reasons why?

Oke, i want to plant a limpwort plant now,

If i plant it, and ill check hours later is it still alive then?

Limpwurt plants grow in 16.5 minutes. Not very long at all.

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

Limpwurt plants grow in 16.5 minutes. Not very long at all.

Then ill plant under Falador, in Mort Myre Swamp. And above Ardougne.

Should be all watered all the time... Tele, tele, tele...

Useless

masterofquestep4.gif

Why do I bother...You water it once...

If you've got no patience whatsoever, just plant some trees, then check them the next day. Pay the farmer and you can go waste time on something else and not bother about visiting your trees until the next day.

Once, i have to water it like 4 times. And i allready have a willow planted.

Boring

masterofquestep4.gif

Who said you need to water them all the time. I only water my allotments once, with portective flower patch and they never die. If you want to wait, do high alch or something. With this kind of mindset towards farming, don't waste your seeds to train that "useless" skill, do tears for it forever then

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Farming is a great skill. You wouldnt have ddp++ without its. The usefulness for herblore cannot be overstated. Free herbs for either selling or use is fantastic. Or how about your very own magic tree to chop in fally park?

So in summary, farming helps (some indirectly)

-herblore (incredibly useful)

-cooking (calquats+other fruit tree products)

-firemaking (burn logs from normal trees)

-woodcutting (chop your own trees)

-fletching (fletch the wood from your own trees)

-combat (super weapon poison potion)

How anyone can state that farming is a bad skill I don't know. It is incredibly useful, but is a skill that requires patience (maybe that is the problem).

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

You MUST be a perfectionist, who cares if 1 of your plants dies? Imean cmon if you got super compost and all the other patches full whats 1 patch of 8 *allotment* or 1 of 4 *herbs* every 4th time planting? me i plant 4 herb seeds and fill those 8 allotment patches up and let them grow anduse super compost sure a few crops might die but rarely and if you plant trees pay the farmer to take care of it for you there are 9 tree patches fruit and regular aswell as that special patch from the My arm's quest. So if you cant stand your herbs dying sure is gonna be boring because you check it all the time leaving you no time to do anything else. so jsut plant some seeds in each patch and check back in 2 hrs so you have time to do other stuff that you like it will only take you 15 mins to harvest and replant each seed, maybe longer if your doing each tree too but you only do it once a day...

My pet Boxing Tater

minimck1lg8.jpg

Who said you need to water them all the time. I only water my allotments once, with portective flower patch and they never die. If you want to wait, do high alch or something. With this kind of mindset towards farming, don't waste your seeds to train that "useless" skill, do tears for it forever then

Limpwurt plants are planted in Flower Patches and i read on tip.it farming guide that it needs constant watering

masterofquestep4.gif

I agree that farming is relatively boring, but you must not think of it as a waste of time.

How often do you tele to camelot? How often do you go to catherby? There is a farming patch just behind the bank in catherby, right? Instead of ranting about how useless farming is, why don't you just train it at your own pace? Whenever you go to catherby bank for lobsters of anything, just spend like 2 mins tending to your plants.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO WATER THEM AT ALL!! I never ever water my plants. I always have 2 buckets of compost, rake, seed dribler and spade with the gnome. Fill the compost bin with your weeds or plants(or other people's stuff) Usually, most of my plants survive, who cares if they die anyway? Just plant someore!

It is true. I'm not a very big fan of farming either and I just farm whenever I am near a farming patch near the bank(catherby, south falador). There is even a hops patch in Yanille. I have 40+ farming and I haven't even planted any hops or trees before! I got all my exp from herbs, flowers and allotments.

It is also good if you log out after farming. So, the next time you log in, you can just harvest your stuff and plant someore!