Whip - Most Overated Weapon in the Game...

andylax38

everyone is entitled to their own opinions. but i personally adore my whip <3: after being stuck with a d long for awhile, im glad to have the speed. i like the scimmy too, i just completed monkey madness, but i only use it for the special in castle wars and to strength train.

16574381pm8.png

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably going to get flamed for this because so many people are in love with there whips but at least listen to my argument before you attempt a retort.

Reason #1 - No Strength Training I agree, I hate this. It means I can't use my favorite (and IMO the best) weapon in the game.

As you can see from my stats I am a very heavy strength trainer. This therefore is my biggest problem with the whip, the fact that one cannot train strength with this weapon effectively. This is not to say whip does not have its advantages when training attack or defense but not being able to train strength effectively is a big problem in my opinion.

Reason #2 - D Scim I hate the d scim. Compared to the whip, I'd rather use my hand. I tried using one to train my str up to 90, and couldn't. I hate it. It doesnt hit as often (nothing seems to o.O)

From my personal experience use both whip and d scim I have found that whip only increases my max hit by 1 and I hit relatively as often with both weapons. This therefore brings price into the equation where whip go for around 1.9mill at the moment and d scim can be bought for 100k. This is a 1.8mill difference being payed for a weapon that only hits 1 damage better.

Reason #3 - People Let them do as they wish?

It really makes me made when I see level 70's and even a few 80's who there soul goal in this game is to own a whip. They save up all their money for months and finally can afford it yet they don't have a decent set of armor to complement such a weapon. I personally would much rather spend 2 mill on torags, d scim, and dds then a whip with full rune.

Well thats my two cents on why I feel whips are incredibly overrated feel free to post comments and rebuttal my argument I will not be affended by any comments made.

Whip > Everything else.

Plus, I love the way it looks :D

I forgot to use specials when I'm training most of the time any way. I do like how the speical looks, just not the fact that its useless -.-

35b9enp.jpg

Whip has faster attack rate (same as dagger) and gives 82 STR bonus against scimmy's 66.

Whip, dagger, scimitar, sword-they all have the same attack rate. A few others have that attack rate too, like claws.

2w3uule.png

2w726iv.png

you know there is a place called outside, better graphics 100% pvp and no fee to play :-w

You never denied the fact that it's the stongest melee weapon in the game. Nice.

No, to you idiots hoping to abuse my phrasing, I'm not saying it hits the highest, I'm saying that it is the strongest weapon when applying the factors of both speed and damage.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

For a very long time I trained only with a d scim, and I think that this has benefited me. For example, look at the average level eighty-five in rune who just got his whip. His attack is far higher than his defence and strength, which are sadly lacking. A whip is like steroids, although powerful, your stats will wind up as having an inferior layout, compared to a d scim user. Having used a d scim up until level 94, I know the prejudice of whip owners vs. d weapons very well. I once wrote a rant about whips on TIF.

The positive points of a d scim are:

The special attack which can deactivate protection prayers. Ironically enough, most players don't have the presence of mind to reactivate them.

The ability to effectively train strength.

pissant22.png

Currently subsisting off of God Wars: 3 shards, 1 bandos hilt, 2 sara swords, 1 steam staff, and 2 zamorak spears.

Whip has faster attack rate (same as dagger) and gives 82 STR bonus against scimmy's 66.

Scimitar, Dagger, and whip all share the same attack rate...

You forgot to quote tzone92 from about 3 posts above yours, and muggiwhplar from page 1. :roll:

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

why pay extra money for 1 more damage point?

well why pay 200mil for third age, when you could get guthans for almost the same defense?

Because it THE BEST

Third age is actually weaker than barrows armor.

pissant22.png

Currently subsisting off of God Wars: 3 shards, 1 bandos hilt, 2 sara swords, 1 steam staff, and 2 zamorak spears.

The Tip.it Item DB shows why the whip is a better weapon, and why it hits more often than D Scim. I used D Scim to 99 str and then sold it, I never want to use the thing again. I hit far more often and substancially higher with my whip.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?i ... it=Compare

Daggers, whips, and scimitars all have the same attack speed

tzone92

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:55 pm Post subject:

cardovilian wrote:

Whip, dagger, scimitar, sword-they all have the same attack rate. A few others have that attack rate too, like claws.

soma2035

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:14 am Post subject:

cardovilian wrote:

lorddayu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:20 am Post subject:

cardovilian wrote:

the attack rate is actually the same

I think we're getting it now. Spam enough?

newsighq9.jpg

Personally, I like whips... Whats the price on them right now? I just got unbanned after the appeal pending for 3 months and I have a whip on my recently un banned account.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Daggers, whips, and scimitars all have the same attack speed

tzone92

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:55 pm Post subject:

cardovilian wrote:

soma2035

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:14 am Post subject:

cardovilian wrote:

lorddayu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:20 am Post subject:

cardovilian wrote:

the attack rate is actually the same

I think we're getting it now. Spam enough?

Wrong. The scimitar is NOT slower than the whip. Whips, daggers, and scimitars have the same attack speed.

Just thought you'd like to know.

It's not overrated it's simply the best weapon in the game.

I consider spells weapons. So which would you rather have in your arsenal if you could only choose one? Ice barrage or whip?

Also Dharok (full) is the most destructive melee weapon in the game. It is possible to hit a 99 on players with it if you have 99 str and 99 hits. Yes, I consider the armor + great axe one weapon because it relies on all 4 parts to work.

But yes, the whip is a good, extremely accurate weapon. High attack and strength are a good combination, so why not use a whip, then a dragon scimitar for strength training? Wouldn't hurt, and the whip is faster or equal to the speed of a dagger. A dragon scimitar has medium speed. It makes a huge difference. I would rather spend the 1.9 million coins on the whip than the scimitar because of the speed difference; plus I just like whips, and it's a good combination with full Ahrim, infinity gloves and boots, Mages' book, fury amulet, and ice barrage spells.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Wouldn't hurt, and the whip is faster or equal to the speed of a dagger. A dragon scimitar has medium speed. It makes a huge difference. I would rather spend the 1.9 million coins on the whip than the scimitar because of the speed difference;

Don't even go there [points to gazillion corrections of my own post on this point] (I've checked on KB and they ARE the same).

newsighq9.jpg

You should also add that a whips special is quite bad.

Thought about that but d scim also has a horrible special :P

Unless you can time it right and special for a KO on some skulled dude with full rune and a whip. Then it equals free whip for you. :D

SWAG

Wouldn't hurt, and the whip is faster or equal to the speed of a dagger. A dragon scimitar has medium speed. It makes a huge difference. I would rather spend the 1.9 million coins on the whip than the scimitar because of the speed difference;

Are you sure because I remember on Tip.It it said the whip was as fast as a dagger and the scimitar had medium speed. It also seems faster to me too, but it may just be me.

Don't even go there [points to gazillion corrections of my own post on this point] (I've checked on KB and they ARE the same).

Are you sure because I remember on Tip.It it said the whip was high speed (dagger speed) and scimitars were medium speed.

SWAG

whips overrated? whattttt?

if you ask me and just about anyone else it IS the best weapon in the game. so it cant train your strength-weapons arent just training tools, they are used to hurt things, a category which no other weapon has been able to surpass the whip.

whip has 16 str and 15 slash over a dscimitar, and is faster.

so i fail to see how the whip is 'overrater'

p9793481.gif

p8170253.gif

Are you sure because I remember on Tip.It it said the whip was as fast as a dagger and the scimitar had medium speed. It also seems faster to me too, but it may just be me.

Are you sure because I remember on Tip.It it said the whip was high speed (dagger speed) and scimitars were medium speed.

That's what I thought, but check the KB for yourself, they are both rated the same on the little speed graph majigummy.

newsighq9.jpg