Battle of the Pixelers - Final Round, all entries in =)

pjb21

Vote for the winner!  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the winner!

• Picture A
    • Picture B
    • Picture C

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm. i like all of them, and the animation is pretty good on b.

I really am having trouble deciding. I'll edit this when i choose

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Easily A. :) I didn't put nearly enough effort in mine to be considered the winner. Excellent work, both Shadow and Ben. :D The comp was good fun. ^^

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

A and C are very close here, but I'll pick C because to me it matches closer to the theme:

1. a short allegorical story designed to illustrate or teach some truth, religious principle, or moral lesson.

While A is stunningly well done in terms of coloring, lighting, and realism, C seems to convey the message stronger. I judged this based on the skill and creativity but tried to make sure that the theme could be well seen in my pick.

B has a nice message, but if it had more shading, i'd be as strong as A and C. :)

Overall all 3 pics are great, gratz on going this far :thumbsup:

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

Since it looks like everyone agreed, I added a poll for yah. Feel free to PM me if you'd like it to be edited in anyway (or if you'd like me to add a specific deadline for the poll to end) :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

am i allowed to justify why i did what i did, and how i think it fits into the theme? dosnt seem very.. anonymous anyway, people can recignise each persons work anyway :D cause just as MXM said.. mine dosnt seem to fit the theme unless you hear the reason why i did it..

turtsigs2.jpeg

Featuring in my sig: TURT, ma pet turdle!

Thanks to- Runemetsa and Aijiru for two of the great sigs!

wll. this may not make sense... but... here goes. its kinda drawn out, but please keep patient, hopefully it WILL make sense by the end of it....

I dunno how many of you know much about meerkats.. but the meerkat familys are actually really well structured. They have a dominant male and female, the only two which are permitted to breed within the family. There are cousins, offspring, aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters amongst the family group. they go and hunt together, sleep in their den together, every morning they get up and re-dig their burrow, ready for the next night to sleep. when the dominant pair has their offspring, and they are old enough to emerge from teh burrow, at least 1 adult meerkat will remain behind instead of going on foraging trips with the rest of the family, to baby sit the younger meerkats.

Now, if you think about it, What do we do? our familys are well structured. We have dominant male and female within the household (mother and father) There are the children of the dominant 'pair', and there are brothers and sisters (between the children obviously) and sometimes there may be grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. When the household runs out of food, the family often travels as a group to the shops and stocks up on food again. During the day, the family cleans the house, does the dishes, makes teh beds, to keep a clean environment and to be ready for the next night. When there are young children, there will always be at least one older person/adult there to take care of them, and babysit them.

So, if you thing about it, they're really similar to us. I mean yeah, sure, we have technology, larger brains, all that stuff.. but if you actually WATCH a meerkat family and WATCH another human family, you'll notice the resemblence. So, to my point; the reason i did this for the theme 'parables' was to show how much meerkats are like us. We consider ourselves the most superior race (and we are, we have power over animals and our environment.. which seems to be bad instead of good), yet meerkats are so similar to us. Thats why on the pixel it says 'theyre more like us than we think'.

Its a made up parable, obviously. lots of you may not even consider it to be a parable. but to me, it is... i honestly really cant explain it any better, sorry. i know exactly what i mean.. but everytime i try to type it, it comes out wrong.

i didnt think anyone would understand it, cause noone usually understands what/why i do things :lol: i hope it makes a bit more sense now? ... :ohnoes:

turtsigs2.jpeg

cool, that makes sence, or atleast to me anyway =)

i still havnt voted...

hmm, brings me on to my next point, shall we have a time limit on this? how does untill the end of next weekend sound (7 days from now) pleanty of time to vote, while not streching pout too long =)

input apreciated =)

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

dont mind when you finish it :) theres a total of 50 votes so far, isnt there? how many more people still need to vote? hmm...

i begin my 24hr straight drive to university in... 12 hours

turtsigs2.jpeg

well, 'A' is 6the clear winner, however 2nd and 3rd place are drawing.

for that reason i shall keep this open a bit longer, but if you do vote, only do so on the bottom two =)

dont do what im about to tell you (for legal reasons) if you have already voted you could (but dont) create a new account and vote using that one (but dont...) i do not in anyway endorse this...

:anxious:

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

hmm just quickly posting.. im at university living on campus at the moment, but am in a temporary room until a proper room becomes available for me. that wont be for at least three weeks, so i cant get on here very often. just saying incase you think i vanished :)

turtsigs2.jpeg