The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

I haven't played it, from what I have been told, the combat system is so intricate and complicated that anyone with even a smidge of latency issues will fail miserably at it.

Essentially, it means that only Europe and the US will be able to play it, with the rest of the world living in broadband poverty (thanks, Australian governments, for providing us with awful, awful infrastructure).

So yeah, that's my reasoning. I think that they will crumble under the pressure and nerf it, make it easier, and open the market up to the rest of the world.

It isn't a complicated system, and its set up so that lag won't effect a combo.

your entire argument fails.

e: I don't want to get into this pointless fanboy [bleep]ing.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played it, from what I have been told, the combat system is so intricate and complicated that anyone with even a smidge of latency issues will fail miserably at it.

Essentially, it means that only Europe and the US will be able to play it, with the rest of the world living in broadband poverty (thanks, Australian governments, for providing us with awful, awful infrastructure).

So yeah, that's my reasoning. I think that they will crumble under the pressure and nerf it, make it easier, and open the market up to the rest of the world.

It isn't a complicated system, and its set up so that lag won't effect a combo.

your entire argument fails.

e: I don't want to get into this pointless fanboy [bleep].

Again with the fanboy comment, lol. Where are you getting that from?

Like I said, I haven't played it, but that's what I had heard. It will be very interesting to see what actually happens with it.

I wasn't saying that, I was saying lets stop with the arguing between games.

And thats really the problem, Biox. I've played both of these games (WoW for a year) so I do think I know what's happening in both of them. Hearing something secondhand and playing it off as truth is just, well, blegh. I'm all fine with opinions against the game, and I know I have my own complaints with it, but at least just talk about what you know and not what you heard from what was probably some disgruntled player.

For reference the combo system is in no way complex, but it does add in an extra bit of flare to playing. Lets say that my combo was UL (1), UR (3), DL (Q). I could feasably hit "1", then lag up for a second, and could continue on with the combo by hitting "3" and "Q". Likewise a player can move during a combo, so I could hit "1, 3" move over to my enemy and hit "Q" and the combo would activate.

It's not a revolutionary system but put together with the shielding system and active block system and it's damn fun. The only people I've really seen criticize it hardly are those who want their actions to be as simple as possible. (AKA: why should I press 3 buttons when I could only press 1?).

Anyways enough of comparing games, if people want to talk AoC they can go to my Offical AoC thread. I'll leave you WoWers alone even if I do think Blizzard is slowly ruining the game.Of course, I was never thrilled with their PvP system, but yeah. Whatever. ;p

And thats really the problem, Biox. I've played both of these games (WoW for a year) so I do think I know what's happening in both of them. Hearing something secondhand and playing it off as truth is just, well, blegh. I'm all fine with opinions against the game, and I know I have my own complaints with it, but at least just talk about what you know and not what you heard from what was probably some disgruntled player.

Alright, fair enough. I don't particularly like arguing with you anyway.

The comment came from Aussie gamers who gave the game a try and struggled initially with bad latency and the way the combat system works. I don't know if those people have managed to "get better" at the game since that.

I gotta say, AoC's combat system is pretty awesome. I mean, WoW's is kinda boring compared to it. Unfortunately I can't play AoC for long enough to make a really good comparison, and I'm never going to play WoW at level 70, so I don't know what it's like up there, but... First impression? AoC's combat is more fun. I think WoW is more polished, however. The GUI especially seems a lot more refined - lots of the interfaces in AoC actually are pretty ugly.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Might as well tell my character:

Fudgewartz Nordassil Server Level 70 Human Paladin

And about that level 30 mount thing, is that going to be in the next patch (2.4.2)?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

And about that level 30 mount thing, is that going to be in the next patch (2.4.2)?

Yes, it will be in the next patch.

2.4.3 actually :D

Was quite funny, on Wednesday I went on a PuG Kara trip, we got there, then our leader went AFK for 30 minutes so we were killing loads of trash just leaving the bosses and an epic libram dropped, and he was the one who needed it, but alas, we didn't tell him.

So when he came back we went to kill Attumen, and some healing gloves and caster bracers dropped, I had green bracers and the other warlocks had pretty much full epics. And the leader sent them the bracers and me the crappy healing gloves instead of the healer, so the healer left.

We killed Moroes, nothing of interest.

We kill Maiden, some better bracers dropped and I rightfully got them this time, hooray! So now I have 5 epics and only 1 green.

And with the badges I got from Kara I bought a cape, hurrah.

Thinking about getting another level 70, as I will use Yttrium, my mage for PvE mainly, so I need a character for PvP mainly, considering a warlock to keep the spellcasting feel, and I hate rogues, and I don't want to level another mage, but I'm not sure about levelling a rogue.

Any recommendations for a PvP character?

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Level 30 mount?

What did I miss here?

EDIT: Yup, just read back on the last page before this and I must admit with nadril. I do think Blizzard are trying to keep all their playerbase from moving to the newer more competitive mmorpgs that are on its way such as Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, and whatnot :P

First they change the xp from 20-60, now cheap mounts... Fair enough it's going to attract a more casual audience but at the end of the day the high end hardcore raiders or hardcore pvpers are just going to move onto a different game once they realise that theres not much point anymore as everyone will be at the same sort of level...

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Level 30 mount?

What did I miss here?

EDIT: Yup, just read back on the last page before this and I must admit with nadril. I do think Blizzard are trying to keep all their playerbase from moving to the newer more competitive mmorpgs that are on its way such as Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, and whatnot :P

First they change the xp from 20-60, now cheap mounts... Fair enough it's going to attract a more casual audience but at the end of the day the high end hardcore raiders or hardcore pvpers are just going to move onto a different game once they realise that theres not much point anymore as everyone will be at the same sort of level...

Raiders wont leave wow for warhammer/AOC for raiding, they would need to come out with as many raid encounters from the outset to keep up with blizzard and then in WOTLK they'll pull ahead.Pvpers is another matter but i think people are just finding a reason to validate there decision to leave wow for another MMO, even if the chnage doenst affect them.

tifsdac6mc.gif

God damnit... -.-

STOP RUINING THE GAME BLIZZARD!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

WoW is still the king of PvE by a million miles, but I think that old school PvP was much more fun than arena. Although arena is a pretty cool idea, and does work remarkably well as a watchable e-sport, I dont think its the best thing blizzard have come up with.

Tk5SF.png

I still think that WoW as an e-sport is kind of lame. The one thing that it does have going for it is that, as Jaziek said, it is very watchable.

However balance is another thing entirely.

wow. frost lord ahune is hard.

relatively I mean. Get a group of kara+ geared and well specced people and you can kill him with no bother at all, but I pugged some random people for it, geared with random stuff and it took us 3 tries to get the bastard down. Way way harder than the horseman, and definitely the best holiday event yet. he looks friggin awesome.

Tk5SF.png

wow. frost lord ahune is hard.

Not with a T6 prot paladin and rest druid ;) .I pugged it this morning on my main and earthen rings rather lackluster activity means that sometimes you have to resort to pleaing to one of the bleeding edge raiding guilds for help.Thankfully we managed to sway a prot pally to come and render all those adds null and void on the group.

And yeah wow's arena pvp is highly watchable, its "organic" compared to other mmo's a lot like counterstrike is organic compared to cal of duty 4 with just a crazy HUD and complex mechanics, its also easy to explain to the audience and classes are distinguishable to the point that you can tell whats going on at a glance by what player.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I have to say, though, watching any PvP game is a lot better if you're actually watching one of your friends play, rather than just a video capture. However, I'll admit that WoW produces some of the nicest PvP vids out there.

I doubt AoC is ever going to catch up PvE-wise. I mean, Blizzard's been releasing new content for PvE for a long, long time. Funcom just started. If AoC has a selling point, it's certainly not PvE. Their PvP system is apparently amazing, but raiding in WoW will probably always stay king, unless the combat system in AoC somehow lends itself to better, more enjoyable raiding. I can't wait until a bigger number of 80s happen and they start to make vids and strats of AoC raiding.

That seems to kinda be the topic of conversation lately, doesn't it? Whether AoC can compare to WoW in certain aspects. Hmm...

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

That seems to kinda be the topic of conversation lately, doesn't it? Whether AoC can compare to WoW in certain aspects. Hmm...

Of course it is, kind of like David and Goliath. Will Conan live up to the hype and topple WoW from it's throne?

I must say, fighting is funner in AoC, and looks cooler (Darker, etc...). But WoW has all the PvE, raiding stuff pretty tight under its belt.

I think I'll juggle between the two. :thumbsup:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I have to say, though, watching any PvP game is a lot better if you're actually watching one of your friends play, rather than just a video capture. However, I'll admit that WoW produces some of the nicest PvP vids out there.

I doubt AoC is ever going to catch up PvE-wise. I mean, Blizzard's been releasing new content for PvE for a long, long time. Funcom just started. If AoC has a selling point, it's certainly not PvE. Their PvP system is apparently amazing, but raiding in WoW will probably always stay king, unless the combat system in AoC somehow lends itself to better, more enjoyable raiding. I can't wait until a bigger number of 80s happen and they start to make vids and strats of AoC raiding.

The raiding from what I've seen doesn't look bad so far. However, I hope that AoC won't be just an end-game "raid or die" game like WoW makes it self out to be.

Really, I had fun raiding at times. But sometimes it felt more like a job if you didn't want to go (but didn't wanna piss off your guild).

The raiding from what I've seen doesn't look bad so far. However, I hope that AoC won't be just an end-game "raid or die" game like WoW makes it self out to be.

Really, I had fun raiding at times. But sometimes it felt more like a job if you didn't want to go (but didn't wanna piss off your guild).

I hate how you have to raid in endgame, otherwise, you're a useless 70 :(. Sucks being in a guild because you HAVE to raid, as you said, even if you don't want to.

Killed the summer holiday boss, also. Even with +1750 heals, I barely managed to keep the group up on normal mode :-# . I suggest not even trying if you aren't in 90% epics.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Season 4's out!!!!!

So an update:

-The midsummer fire festival made me go out and desecrate and honor every flame in game, that got me a burning brazier and a whole level of exp from lvl 60 34%xp to 61 68%xp so its pretty impressive, it was sort of worth the repair bills from the opposite faction camping flames.

-Gnome warriors nearly 63

-Took a break from the warrior parking him in Telredar to roll a druid(tauren) and got him to level 28 pretty quickly and easily and also deiced my rogue at 41 desecrated some fires with guildies since hes on the same server and we had some good fun.Got him to 44 when i parked him back in booty bay, hell serve a purpose as my twink when i get him to 49, the craziest of all twink brackets.

-Made 450g off enchanting mats on my server Silvermoon.Large prismatics are at 3x the price so im glad i banked a load and some void crystals for the new season rush.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I bought S2 Helm and Legs as they were better than my current PvE gear items. :lol:

777 Spell Damage and 21% crit - Need some T4 items for some Spell Hit.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Got to 30 on my warlock and getting tired of leveling it atm, just hitting mobs with Dot's and waiting for them to die isnt fun. Thinking of changing server anyone know a good Eu pvp server preferably alliance favour?

keen.png

Got to 30 on my warlock and getting tired of leveling it atm, just hitting mobs with Dot's and waiting for them to die isnt fun. Thinking of changing server anyone know a good Eu pvp server preferably alliance favour?

Reroll Horde on my server, I'll help you out and stuff when I get the time. Frostwhisper PvP. Very good battlegroup, all BGs are generally 50:50 chance so it's very fun. There's like a Horde:Alliance ratio of 3:2. :mrgreen:

spellstrike is very good for hit and its not hard mats to get

I have shadoweave tailoring, or do you mean the Hood/Pants set? In which case it is ridiculously expensive on my server.

calciumpixelsigil3.png