The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else who feels that RNG isn't on their side?

my rolls blow, really, always under 30. My quest items and fishies take so much time to get.. (also gief TF bindings next week plawks..)

VIX VIX VIX

had a massive bidding war with a resto shammy for the best healing mace in the game off KT25, lost, but forced him all the way up to 250 dkp. Also picked up t7.5 head. Then spent 350 gold on new gems >.<

250 dkp is nothing. We've had some go up to 800 from TBC :P

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I've had decent luck with RNG so far, some good rolls and loot.

Of course luck with raids is a whole other story. Did 10 man Malygos today and, sadly, we just didn't have the DPS. I was putting out 3.5k DPS, the boomkin was putting out 3.2k or so but we had a rogue, warrior and paladin doing under 2k DPS (the warrior 1.1k [non tank], the rogue like 1.5k and paladin 1.4k) so we didn't have the dps to beat the enrage timer.

Granted, that was the only problem. The druid did a great job of explaining the raid, and the prot tank did great too. I should say that Malygos is actually a very fun encounter, so much better than the tank and spank snooze fest that is Naxx. :P (yes yes I know it's not technically tank and spank, don't jump on me) I like critting for 33k too.

Definitively wont. Before i got 3.0.2, and WotLK, I;m pretty sure my folder was 9.5GB or a little over.

Why would you want it on a stick anyway?

I don't know, So I can carry it around. You never know when you will be stuck in an airport for 6 hours -.-. I might be able to compress and split it into two files to fit between my 4 gig and 8 gig drive. I can expand and combine when I want to play.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

naxx25clearxd9.jpg

My friend and I decided to lead a Naxx 25 on Saturday (friend is Straightupg, Shaman). Got 2 wings down on Saturday and decided we'd do Military and Construct today. Well, we did good and decided to try for Sapphiron. Two shot him, went for Kel'thuzad and two shot him. Haha, thought it was good for us leading a PuG when we had never cleared it on Heroic. =D> I got a helmet off Grobbulus.

rangesig.gif

20GB stick = Ipod hardrive (puttin things on ipod without sync)

stigg any news on app?

its been a week with no responce whatsoever, which is abit rude :/

Well, the G leader who deals with this has been busy witth RL things like erm moving house, y'know kinda a big deala nd he didnt have a net connection for days so thats why you havent had a response. Oh and i will be staying in the guild, my issues with the guild seems to have gone.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I'm pretty sure you can't play a game that big off a stick. I may be wrong though.

(That's assuming you had something like a 20GB stick).

You can.

Really? Does the same go with external hard drives (sorry this is offtopic). It's just I used to think large programs would run, but people kept telling me it wouldn't work.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I'm pretty sure you can't play a game that big off a stick. I may be wrong though.

(That's assuming you had something like a 20GB stick).

You can.

Really? Does the same go with external hard drives (sorry this is offtopic). It's just I used to think large programs would run, but people kept telling me it wouldn't work.

most programs wont run because they make registry entries which are specific to their location when they are installed. If you transfer them to another machine, they wont work because the registry entries arent there. WoW however doesnt have anything like this. You can move it as much as you want to, as long as you keep the full world of warcraft folder intact, It'll still run. Afaik, you can even run it out of a .zip file.

Tk5SF.png

Man, I swear some of the guy's that lead pugs are either [developmentally delayed]ed or elitist, maybe both. Some guy was shouting out for a Naxx 10 group, and that they needed DPS. I whispered him (they armory) that I wanted to go. Now keep in mind I have 1700SP (unbuffed) , am Hit capped (with food) and have 18%+ crit.

He said my SP sucked and pretty much just laughed away. When I asked what DPS he wants a person to be pulling in Naxx 10 he just told me to leave him the hell alone. Considering I can do 3.5k DPS in the first half of malygos 10 (thank god for double stack charges) and 3.2k dps in sarth 25 man, without a shaman, well... I don't think he knew what he was talking about.

Just kind of annoys me because these people expect you to have the best gear, except if you had gear why in earth would you pug a naxx 10? Oh well, the guild I did malygos 10 the other day with offered me to join them in their Naxx 10 raid on Thursday.

And my Death knight friend is nearing closer and closer to 80. I think he is just about to ding 79. Can't wait, it's been boring without arenas to keep me busy.

guild downed maly25 and sarth25 1D last night. The robe healing chest dropped from maly, and I won it, but the idiot master looter gave it to the wrong priest. We have a GM ticket up, and I hope to god it gets fixed.

Tk5SF.png

Just kind of annoys me because these people expect you to have the best gear, except if you had gear why in earth would you pug a naxx 10? Oh well, the guild I did malygos 10 the other day with offered me to join them in their Naxx 10 raid on Thursday.

1) you dont raid for loot unless ur a loot [bleep], u raid cus its fun, loot is secondary

2) badges

3) if u join pug with good gear it means most likly most have done the encounters before, and therefore not whipe and probly end up finishing the pug, whereas joining a PUG with [cabbage] gear means ur chances are ull get stuck at patchwerk

Insane_212.png

1) you dont raid for loot unless ur a loot [bleep], u raid cus its fun, loot is secondary

2) badges

3) if u join pug with good gear it means most likly most have done the encounters before, and therefore not whipe and probly end up finishing the pug, whereas joining a PUG with [cabbage] gear means ur chances are ull get stuck at patchwerk

1) I don't raid for fun. Blizzard made raid gear mandatory for arena (You wouldn't know this, now would you) due to the high burst nature of them.

2) Which is just for more gear...

3) I've done all the fights save for a few. And anyways I'm not [developmentally delayed]ed, Naxx is [bleep]ing easy.

Really why the hell would I join a PUG raid if I wasn't looking for gear. It's not my idea of fun. Sure, you guy's enjoy raiding and that's great. However I don't. The only encounter I've really enjoyed so far is Malygos, and that is it.

I appreciate the slight jab at me though. :)

Insane, first of all please don't speak if you have NO IDEA how the arena works right now, ok? You stated yourself you don't PvP, and you have no clue on current PvP balance.

For one, the only epic weapons available from PvP currently require a 1950 personal rating. I would like to have a decent weapon before getting up that high. The Blue PvP gear is horrible too.

Please, don't try and tell me how to PvP when you've never done it yourself mate. The lower bracket of arena (before you hit people wearing the top end PvP gear that requires arena ratings) is very very dependent on gear, PvE gear. Mostly because at the lower end having 9% or so of less critical damage taken doesn't matter, because you still get burst to [cabbage] anyways.

then in that case i must have skiped your "pve geeer in arena" part cus im full pvp geared

hmm wonder how? VoA and badges... omg nowai

Yeah you still don't know what you're talking about, and you didn't even read what I said. (Hint, it has something to do with a WEAPON) I know I can get PvP gear through VoA/badges (I have hateful legs from VoA) but it still doesn't change the fact that without all of the top end PvP gear it's just not as useful at lower tiers or for certain comps. (As a Mage/Death Knight we pretty much want all the damage we can get. Survivability is not an issue here). Of course you realize that I need to raid for badges anyways, which just brings a full circle back to where we started. (Don't tell me to do heroics for the [cabbage] blue PvP gear either).

Stop trying to talk about what you don't know Insane. It makes you look silly.