The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Well I got hacked, all my characters gone except my 56 DK. Filed a ticket and he said all my characters, professions and items will be reimbursed within 3 days. Yes I took all the necessary precautions so don't worry! Hopefully I'll be able to raid tonight.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ ouch, hope it all works out ca2.

Had a decent week for raids this week -- but sadly I lost the roll on like 3 mage weapon drops. :oops: The good news is that my Death Knight friend hit 80, so we can do arena now. Last night he spec'd frost and we gave it a go. Was pretty fun, but we had a unlucky streak near the end. He D/c'd from two matches, and two others we got horrible comps.

Thanks Nadril, got all my characters back, and as a result of waiting for GM Tickets led me to get my DK to 60. Still missing all my gear and items, money, emblems of valor/heroism.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Thanks Nadril, got all my characters back, and as a result of waiting for GM Tickets led me to get my DK to 60. Still missing all my gear and items, money, emblems of valor/heroism.

:(

Think it's time for me too to buy Blizzard Authenticator

VIX VIX VIX

So I broke down today and rerolled a Death Knight. Level 61 right now, Speced 0/52/0 for Frost tanking/dps. It's a very fun class, that's for sure, and I'm enjoying tanking with the "new" WoTLK tanking mechanics compared to TBC. Right now he is an alt, but I'll see how things go.

I probably should have just did 70-80 on my rogue, because I have an epic flyer and all T5+ gear, but I just didn't feel like doing that. Wanted something that could tank as I enjoyed doing it in warhammer online.

ps: anyone know if the -% crit value is consitant throughout levels? Like, is it always 5.2% chance to crit for all mobs 3 levels higher than you? Is there any sort of formula I could use to see?

So I broke down today and rerolled a Death Knight. Level 61 right now, Speced 0/52/0 for Frost tanking/dps. It's a very fun class, that's for sure, and I'm enjoying tanking with the "new" WoTLK tanking mechanics compared to TBC. Right now he is an alt, but I'll see how things go.

I probably should have just did 70-80 on my rogue, because I have an epic flyer and all T5+ gear, but I just didn't feel like doing that. Wanted something that could tank as I enjoyed doing it in warhammer online.

ps: anyone know if the -% crit value is consitant throughout levels? Like, is it always 5.2% chance to crit for all mobs 3 levels higher than you? Is there any sort of formula I could use to see?

Someone can correct me on this but critical strike rating and its effects diminishes as you fight higher level mobs, eg, %% crit on a level 4 mob is say 3% crit on level 6 mob, so you need more and more crit for the same impact. I guess its just like hit in that regard.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Anyone here listen to Blue Plz on WCRadio.com?

The host read my email on Friday night. I basically said how I feel like everything has felt like a big zerg since 3.0 - nothing is hard any more, apart from the drakes up V Sartharion. We are even double-pulling trash packs in Naxx25 now so we can clear it faster.

I really hope Ulduar kicks all these scrubbers up the backside. I hate seeing Rogues that I know are lame, having the same or better gear.

Anyone here listen to Blue Plz on WCRadio.com?

The host read my email on Friday night. I basically said how I feel like everything has felt like a big zerg since 3.0 - nothing is hard any more, apart from the drakes up V Sartharion. We are even double-pulling trash packs in Naxx25 now so we can clear it faster.

I really hope Ulduar kicks all these scrubbers up the backside. I hate seeing Rogues that I know are lame, having the same or better gear.

Yeah i love totalbiscuit, even if i think he is just takeing the elitist view just to play to his persona.In fact i sent in an email which turned into a whole freaking segment about vehicles in wow, Druid called Stigg a few episodes back. That is moi!

tifsdac6mc.gif

i was wondering if anyone had a really detailed guide on how to play as shammy

stuff like what attacks to use

stats i need

talents

rotations (if any)

how to heal

how to dps

etc?

Healing.

1. Bind Chain Heal to scroll

2. Scroll

DPS.

1. Bind Chain Lightning to scroll

2. Scroll

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

i was wondering if anyone had a really detailed guide on how to play as shammy

stuff like what attacks to use

stats i need

talents

rotations (if any)

how to heal

how to dps

etc?

Healing.

1. Bind Chain Heal to scroll

2. Scroll

DPS.

1. Bind Chain Lightning to scroll

2. Scroll

OMG YOU ARE SUCH A GENERALIST [bleep]!!

You put Riptide on scroll down for healing and Lava Burst to scroll down for DPS. Ffs.

In other news: I got ALL my stuff back! The only thing not returned is my JC Profession but he said I would get it back within two weeks (Most likely a few days) with all recipes. The hacker picked up mining and earnt me 600G too which the GM said I could keep because of the long wait on return of stuff.

Ordered a Blizzard Authenticator too so this [cabbage] doesn't happen again.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

I'm loving leveling with this death knight. Instance runs are a blast now, due to me just chain pulling trash (always hated the [kitty] tanks when I leveled my mage) and so far I haven't been out dps'd... and I've been tanking... in frost presence.

Also I'm at 377 defense, 7000 hp right now @ 62. I believe a level 60 needed 365 defense to be uncritable vs a lvl "63" boss back in vanilla WoW, so I think I'm uncrittable.

OMG YOU ARE SUCH A GENERALIST [bleep]!!

You put Riptide on scroll down for healing and Lava Burst to scroll down for DPS. Ffs.

In other news: I got ALL my stuff back! The only thing not returned is my JC Profession but he said I would get it back within two weeks (Most likely a few days) with all recipes. The hacker picked up mining and earnt me 600G too which the GM said I could keep because of the long wait on return of stuff.

Ordered a Blizzard Authenticator too so this [cabbage] doesn't happen again.

How did this happen before? Did you get a key logger or something? I don't understand how you were hacked unless maybe someone was targeting you?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Made a DK a couple days ago... Got him to 65 so far and loving it. I couldn't stand leveling my hunter past 70 but I've just had this guy a few days and want to get 80 asap. Very fun class, getting around 1000-1100dps on bosses which I think it good haha. Name is Putrid on Burning Blade; add me if you play there! :thumbsup:

rangesig.gif

Made a DK a couple days ago... Got him to 65 so far and loving it. I couldn't stand leveling my hunter past 70 but I've just had this guy a few days and want to get 80 asap. Very fun class, getting around 1000-1100dps on bosses which I think it good haha. Name is Putrid on Burning Blade; add me if you play there! :thumbsup:

You [cabbage]ting me right man? I grouped with you 3 times I think. (Death knight is Lirdan).

Blood spec, interesting.

I respeced frost the other night on my mage for arenas. We have been doing better recently (still bad though, haven't played many games) and I decided that I'd try and see how frost fit.

Well, the first match we won easy. Second match was against a mirror DK/Arc Mage comp. What happened is that we worked on bursting the mage, and when we got him low (25% hp) my DK partner died. However, I killed the mage in a few more hits, and then started working on the DK.

Of course the DK was unholy and ressed up his friend as a ghoul. So I spent a good few minutes kiting around these bastards, using all the tricks in the book. The last (seriously) two minutes once his ghoul friend had died had me kiting this death knight around with 1000 [bleep]ing HP. I managed to get a burst in the end and won the match by 600hp.

Frost is a lot of fun with our comp, and once I get into the swing of things again (made some scrub mistakes last night) it will be even better. Man frost is [bleep]ing clutch though. :P

edit: wish my DK partner had almost all epics. Lol, he is using a titansteel destroyer and blue tank gear. :lol:

Blood spec, interesting.

I respeced frost the other night on my mage for arenas. We have been doing better recently (still bad though, haven't played many games) and I decided that I'd try and see how frost fit.

Well, the first match we won easy. Second match was against a mirror DK/Arc Mage comp. What happened is that we worked on bursting the mage, and when we got him low (25% hp) my DK partner died. However, I killed the mage in a few more hits, and then started working on the DK.

Of course the DK was unholy and ressed up his friend as a ghoul. So I spent a good few minutes kiting around these bastards, using all the tricks in the book. The last (seriously) two minutes once his ghoul friend had died had me kiting this death knight around with 1000 [bleep] HP. I managed to get a burst in the end and won the match by 600hp.

Frost is a lot of fun with our comp, and once I get into the swing of things again (made some scrub mistakes last night) it will be even better. Man frost is [bleep] clutch though. :P

edit: wish my DK partner had almost all epics. Lol, he is using a titansteel destroyer and blue tank gear. :lol:

Don't you just love making scrub mistakes. Especially when it's so obvious... :D

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Got me a new UI! Finally got tired of my one I slapped together a few months ago, and found a great replacement.

[hide=]wowscrnshot020909231704zi5.jpg[/hide]

It is a modified version of the Caulle 3.0 Tankspot UI. I pretty much just added the DK bar, made the scale a bit larger and got rid of a few things I didn't need. I really like the UI, and Aloft (nameplates addon) is great for tanking.

Also I have 8.5k HP @ lvl 64 now in tank gear/frost presence. God bless [bleep]ing +24 stam gems. :lol:

ps: The guild is my pro 2 person guild. :)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... ll&n=Senoj

Ripped of my spec from him, gotta get the icy touch sigil tho.. (Hope guild takes me to this weeks Naxx25man so I could get the Heigan's Sigil <3)

It seems Dual Wield can now do awesome dps too on DK atleast what I looked today at elitist jerks

VIX VIX VIX

If I were to start playing again in June again, for the course of summer, what would you advise me to do? Got a 70 human fire mage with t5/t4 gear, 4.2k gold, netherdrake mount, max herb/alch with all the recipes..

I'm also wondering if it's worth it or not to even start playing again for just 3 months...

Just completed sartharion 3 Drakes 25 man.

Took us so many trys tonight, the dps was absolutely incredible, this sick enhancement shaman that we just recruited was pulling 6.2k dps at one point and 75% of dpsers were above 4300. Healing was sketchy because of the razorblade margins on threat and the random [bleep]es on players. we persevered and got the loots, the drake went to Insanemilks favourite g leader baash, who was on his holy pally.

tifsdac6mc.gif