The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

[hide=]

I have a seventy mage and a fourty-nine warlock...I'm sick of maging so I'm leveling the warlock to seventy. Then I guess I'll buy wotlk. I hope to raid not pvp.

I forgot how much pugs sucked. I was on my mage and doing regular crpyts with some 63-66s and we wiped like 4 times.

PuGs are awesome am I right. :?

Especially when the pre-nerf BM Hunter does 900 DPS. (How is this even possible with your pet doing 90% of your damage).

The thing is that I'm not committed enough (with school and all) to join an established or serious guild. Right now I'm in one of those guilds people randomly invite you to and has some high levels but really no coherence.

Any suggestions on what char I should roll to get "away" from all this casting? I'm thinking druid. The problem is that I hear too many people are melee dpsing nowadays. I'm still undecided about buying wotlk.

If all else fails with your class then a druid is the way to go.

Boomkin 'Warlock' spec. DoTs and starfire.

Boomkin 'Mage' spec. Wrath spam.

Feral 'Rogue' spec.

Feral 'Warrior' spec.

Restoration 'OMGAUNIQUEDRUIDTREE' spec.

[/hide]

Anyone that just wrath spams or doesn't use wrath at all in real rotations isn't going to get max dps...

I got my Torch of Holy Fire tonight. \'

rangesig.gif

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=]

[hide=]
I have a seventy mage and a fourty-nine warlock...I'm sick of maging so I'm leveling the warlock to seventy. Then I guess I'll buy wotlk. I hope to raid not pvp.

I forgot how much pugs sucked. I was on my mage and doing regular crpyts with some 63-66s and we wiped like 4 times.

Especially when the pre-nerf BM Hunter does 900 DPS. (How is this even possible with your pet doing 90% of your damage).

The thing is that I'm not committed enough (with school and all) to join an established or serious guild. Right now I'm in one of those guilds people randomly invite you to and has some high levels but really no coherence.

Any suggestions on what char I should roll to get "away" from all this casting? I'm thinking druid. The problem is that I hear too many people are melee dpsing nowadays. I'm still undecided about buying wotlk.

Feral 'Rogue' spec.

Feral 'Warrior' spec.

[/hide]

Anyone that just wrath spams or doesn't use wrath at all in real rotations isn't going to get max dps...

I got my Torch of Holy Fire tonight. \'

[/hide]

It was a generalisation :)

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

So tell me, are hunters always top Dps by a long shot, or am I awesome? (Or both?) On our 10man Naxx run the other night, I was top dps by about 5% (me doing around 19% of the total dps, and the next closest doing about 15% of the total dps).

Btw, is 2700dps on patchwerk a decent entry level dps?

Hunters <3:<3:

So tell me, are hunters always top Dps by a long shot, or am I awesome? (Or both?) On our 10man Naxx run the other night, I was top dps by about 5% (me doing around 19% of the total dps, and the next closest doing about 15% of the total dps).

Btw, is 2700dps on patchwerk a decent entry level dps?

Hunters <3:<3:

I think its more that the other players in your group sucked. Mr. Ego.

rangesig.gif

What do you mean hunters aren't hard?

I have to press explosive shot/aimed shot and weave in aimed shot while keeping serpent sting up at the same time. I doubt anything could be much harder. Four whole abilities.

I know this is basically off topic but.. I love reading through a few pages of this thread and it really does make you all look insane, this is coming of course from someone who's never played WoW in his life.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

I did 4893 dps on Patchwerk this week :thumbsup:

6,871! I win! No WWS because our one who keeps the parses DCd (No Immortal >_<).

But I am an arcane mage ;)

calciumpixelsigil3.png

I know this is basically off topic but.. I love reading through a few pages of this thread and it really does make you all look insane, this is coming of course from someone who's never played WoW in his life.

I'm sure we do. :P

But I am an arcane mage

Arc is so crazy good. I did enjoy how you can be really varied with your rotation depending on the situation.

I think where all casuals compared to Yrtti on here, i dont know how much he has played the game since the new expansion but it sureis impressive.

tifsdac6mc.gif

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... obertagain

I need a better idol.... Cant wait for dual specs, i miss wild growth but hate leveling resto and spending money on respecs.

I blew all my money on my epic flying, but i gathered 1k in NR to use on specs when it comes out =D

I did 4893 dps on Patchwerk this week :thumbsup:

6,871! I win! No WWS because our one who keeps the parses DCd (No Immortal >_<).

But I am an arcane mage ;)

I was 4th on the charts with that effort though, hehe.

It's more than an appearance.

So... as long as everyone is talking about DPS.

My 64 warrior can do 920 sustained (5 minute fight) on the 4 training dummies (lvl 60) in org. Granted 47% of it was whirlwind AoE, but still :P

I also did 1000dps on the 1st boss in underbog because we had a 70 DK there with horn of winter <3

Yeah fury is in pretty good shape for raiding right now. In our naxx runs i'm often fighting for #1 DPS spot with an unholy DK.. couple nights ago we were within 50dps of each other for a lot of the fights. There's something i love about the playstyle too.. on big trash pulls just diving into the middle of the pack headfirst and hitting whirlwind and cleave is so satisfying.

Oh and yeah, those level 60 training dummies in org are great stress relief. This was from me spamming WW and cleave a while back, just after i dinged 80:

28m1de0.png

EDIT: oh and also, being flasked + outgearing all the other DPS in a heroic = pure win:

[hide=]34td4r6.jpg[/hide]

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

I think where all casuals compared to Yrtti on here, i dont know how much he has played the game since the new expansion but it sureis impressive.

I am not casual. I am probably as hardcore as he is, I just missed the Sarth+3D run which was successful.

My name is Yttrium and I am a mage on Frostwhisper FYI.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Another version of the PTR is up, including a few warrior changes.

iwarriors.gifWarrior

Arms

* Battle Stance now increase the armor penetration of all your attacks by 10%.

* Shattering Throw *New Skill* - Throws your weapon at the enemy causing [ 50% of AP + 12 ] damage (based on attack power), reducing the armor on the target by 20% for 10 sec, and removing any invulnerabilities. 25 Rage, 30 yd range, 1.5 sec cast, 5 min cooldown

Fury

* Berserker Stance now increase all damage taken by 5% (Down from 10%)

* Intimidating Shout cooldown has been lowered from 3 min to 2 min.

Protection

* Defensive Stance now reduces damage caused by 5%. (Down from 10%)

* Disarm now disarm the enemy's main hand and ranged weapons.

Now most of these are pretty bland changes. 10% armor pen in battle stance is decent I guess, but not a big buff. Likewise the 5% less damage taken in zerk is a decent start.

I do have to say the Disarm change, looking over it, will give warriors some better leverage versus hunters. However, the change I'm interested in is:

* Shattering Throw *New Skill* - Throws your weapon at the enemy causing [ 50% of AP + 12 ] damage (based on attack power), reducing the armor on the target by 20% for 10 sec, and removing any invulnerabilities. 25 Rage, 30 yd range, 1.5 sec cast, 5 min cooldown

AKA warriors are going to get an ability that will remove bubble/ice block from the opponent. While these aren't all of the warrior changes I'm pretty excited about this one, because it gives warriors a good utility role. It also means my 2v2 team will probably stomp all over a paladin/DK in 3.1 because we can counter anything they throw at us. Diseases? Cleanse Disease/Disease totem. Bubble? Shattering throw.

[hide=]

Feral 'Rogue' spec.

Feral 'Warrior' spec.

[/hide]

Yeah, but I dont know if I can go from 1-40 AGAIN. We'll see how much time I have this very important summer.

So I was looking at the felsteed quest and it looks pretty damn long. I think I will just grind rep with the Thunder Bluff and get one of those fat [wagon] mounts. Haha, I have cash to burn.

I was feeling pretty smug the other day because I had some money like 500g or so (I thought it was good for my level, but I've been knocked off my high horse). Then, i bought a bunch of runecloth to level to 300 tailoring, and so I got it. Now, I'm stuck with like 20 extra stacks of 20x runecloth and the prices are just tanking on burning blade :x . I think I'm just going to stick to leveling. Instances are my favorite way, but I honestly CANNOT stand pugs.

Zedar- undead warlock

Burning Blade

ArP is their fix for arms damage? Seriously? Well i won't judge it until i see some real figures, i guess it's a simple way to improve arms damage in PvP and PvE without unbalancing things. The bad thing about ArP is the way it scales with things like sunder armour in a raid setting making it almost a waste of item budget when you get it on gear. 10% is a nice chunk though.

Shattering throw looks good if it's baseline. If it's deep in Arms then it's just a poor mans Heroic Fury. The 5 minute cooldown and big rage cost is something i imagine will change before live. Heroic throw has a 1 minute cooldown and uses no rage, and if talented into Gag Order in the protection tree gives a silence as well, seems to suggest Shattering throw will be baseline or it's basically worthless compared to Fury and Prots options.

*Edit* Wait whaat? "Removes all invulnerabilities". If that can pop a paladins bubble it might be a skill to get excited about :3

On stance changes: 5% increased damage instead of 10% is good i guess, nothing amazing. The defensive stance change took me a bit by surprise. Warriors are already well behind DKs on mitigation, particularly magic damage mitigation; the 10% damage reduction reduces physical and magic damage by 10%, with this change warriors will be taking 5% more magic damage putting us further behind DKs. I havn't been following DK updates to be honest though for all i know they may be gettin nerfed harder.

*Edit 2* OK this is for outgoing damage apparently, so it's just a straight up threat buff for tanks. to be honest i forgot defensive stance even gave an outgoing damage penalty.

I saw this post from Ghostcrawler this morning:

I'm not going to preview the changes here, but I will say that the next PTR build has some dps warrior changes.

1) These are not all the changes. We don't expect these changes to bring up Arms alone.

2) A couple of the changes have significant ramifications for Battle Stance.

3) A couple of other changes may seem cautious. They are. If they work then we will consider buffing them even more over time.

Sorry to be so cryptic. You'll hopefully get to see for yourself soon.

So i guess there's still a lot of things to be tweaked. Nothing groundbreaking yet though, but they're aware of warrior problems at least. Well that's my random first reactions. I shall go read tankspot and see what others think.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif