The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Broke down and made myself a PvP oriented UI.

[hide=]gatoraideui.jpg[/hide]

The XP bar is temp until I hit 80. Granted the HP bars are still a bit like caith, but w/e.

Thanks, was about to ask the same thing. That looks like a nice replacement to the ugly as hell titan panel, ACE3 support too <3:

I won valorous gloves yesterday in Voa, the day after i'd bought the heroes ones with badges -.- good game 60 badges and a few hundred gold in gems and enchant mats.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

I have the same thing and it isn't a full replacement for titanpanel. For example, you can't see detailed info on repairs, reputation, addons, etc. You can also go with FuBar. Same basic thing as Titanpanel but with a different look.

Yeah they're pretty useful. I'm trying to figure a better spot to place them though, they're kind of off on their own there.

edit: dinged 74 on my warrior, respeced so I could get 2/3 in deep wounds.

Recount - Damage Done for Master's Training Dummy 23:42:49-23:47:25

1. Gatoraide 474040 (1732.5, 100%)

Testing AoE DPS (3 mobs) for about 5 minutes. Deep wounds was 9% of my damage even though I only have 26% crit (31% with rampage) and 2/3 deep wounds. :)

farmed heroics with some guildies over the weekend. Was cracking fun. We had 3 dks a priest and a lock, and we absolutely tore through everything.

On some packs on HoS we were just dps racing because they did so little damage, and I (the healer) actually beat the lock. Mind sear FTW.

On violet hold, nobody was taking any huge amounts of damage, so I decided to go battlepriest. 923 sustained DPS through the whole instance and nobody died either. It makes Heroics so much more fun trying to play 2 class roles at once. :D

Tk5SF.png

got hacked on rs, decided id give WoW a shot before i truly give up online games for good, id like to stay with the tipit community so i found this thread :thumbsup: what server do yall use that i could join? and which one horde or alliance?

thanks :) should be fun ive been watching vids the graphics seem so much more fun to explore places on.

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

We're all very split up. If you're interested in a PvP US server than Me, Lionheart and Riku (haven't seen him in a while though) are on that server. That's only if you like PvP though, because it's open world PvP so you will get ganked.

And we're horde.

I'm on a PvE (player vs. environment) server; Blade's Edge. You won't have to worry about getting killed by the opposite faction (alliance or horde), which can be nice while leveling. But if you're good at PvP, killing people is always fun, so I'd go with a PvP world.

Anyway, the 10 day trial is free (although you can't trade with anybody or join a guild) and gives you a good feel of the game. The lack of a guild (which is a big part of the game) and the fact that you can't talk in general chat make a big difference if you like to socialize. So don't dislike the game just if you feel lonely.

Got a trial in a guild by the name of N B T D and its awesome so far. Slaughter everything and its a big differance to teh raiding environment i was in last time. The previous guilds raids were very hectic, vent was chaos and it was a wipefest. now theres little to no talking on vent and we one shot everything in sight. We killed malygos just under 7 minutes without doing any raid stacking so the dps is rocking.

With ulduar coming soon I can say that wow raiding is on the rise again. Immortal run on sunday, fingers crossed I get in.

tifsdac6mc.gif

ive played WoW before for only a month though, the world i was on was if you were horde and in a horde zone and an alliance guy was there you could kill him. is that pvp or just regular? i didnt mind it too much i kept in my zones,

and which class do u reccomend? i was a shaman last time i tried and it seemed to kick some serious [wagon] but maybe it becomes underpowered in the higher levels?

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

sounds fun heh. in the places lvl 30s train at, are most people into killing one another or only sometimes?

Depends on the player. If I see an ally, I'll attack them. Most of the time it doesn't matter what level they are. :lol:

sounds fun heh. in the places lvl 30s train at, are most people into killing one another or only sometimes?

Depends on the player. If I see an ally, I'll attack them. Most of the time it doesn't matter what level they are. :lol:

Am I the only one who felt like a complete [bleep] killing people who were questing etc? I always just remembered how much I hated those long corpse runs myself. I was also awful at PvP, so even if I tried I would probably have lost most of the time.

Been thinking about getting back to WoW this past week. Haven't played since November, and I didn't think I'd ever go back to it. Damn this thread for making me consider it.

2009rb9.jpg

Am I the only one who felt like a complete [bleep] killing people who were questing etc? I always just remembered how much I hated those long corpse runs myself. I was also awful at PvP, so even if I tried I would probably have lost most of the time.

Been thinking about getting back to WoW this past week. Haven't played since November, and I didn't think I'd ever go back to it. Damn this thread for making me consider it.

Well I usually don't attack someone if they're gray to me these days, because it's a waste of time mostly. But really I don't care if someone is questing. Granted if I want a good fight I'll wait for them to eat up, or try and get them to heal up (/taunt, /beckon). Otherwise it's a PvP server for a reason, and I take any chance I can get to get in on it.

I'm sure some people think I'm crazy though when they see a warrior charging two same level players, or a DK who is 5 levels higher than him. What can I say though, I love PvP. Even getting camped is just another challenge to get by, and I'm sure some people think I'm odd when I'll try and fight them (use all my CD's and such) even if they were red.

The way I see it a 2 minute corpse run is nothing compared to the death penalty when I played Lineage II, and I still was fairly aggressive in that game.

There's usually an uneasy truce between horde and alliance around the hodir daily spot. Since they're the most completed and most time consuming dailies, it's the busiest place for both sides to be together in a contested zone. Generally if you keep yourself to yourself nobody will bother you, but fights easily start up.

One time i started attacking one of those ice revenants and just as i hit whirlwind, another warrior charged in and got hit by my AoE (he didn't notice i'd tagged the mob). He thought i was attacking him so started attacking back, then another horde came to help me and some more ally came to help the otehr guy and it ended up around a 10v10 miniwar lol. World PvP can be way more fun than battlegrounds or wintergrasp.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Well I usually don't attack someone if they're gray to me these days, because it's a waste of time mostly. But really I don't care if someone is questing. Granted if I want a good fight I'll wait for them to eat up, or try and get them to heal up (/taunt, /beckon). Otherwise it's a PvP server for a reason, and I take any chance I can get to get in on it.

Kudos to you, then. Most people never seemed to consider giving me a chance in hell to inflict any damage on them. I was mostly just killed whenever I had a bunch of mobs on me, really low health, or something else equally lame. But it was a PvP server, so I shouldn't [bleep] about these things. :P

Oh well, I'm sorta considering subscribing for a month at least. One thing though, I forget how the "privacy" system in WoW works, but is there a way to make yourself appear offline for everyone on your contact list? I mean, save for putting them all on ignore.

2009rb9.jpg

http://www.wowinsider.com/2009/03/18/ti ... #c17748068

T8 set bonuses...wow. Some of them are probably typos though, especially this:

•  
    # DPS 2Piece Bonus -- Heroic Strike and Slam critical strikes have a chance to grant you 150% haste rating for 5 sec.

# DPS 4Piece Bonus -- Increases the critical strike chance of Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst by 10%.

I somehow doubt blizzard will give warriors a 150% haste rating proc, haha. Still really nice bonuses.

Should drop your character shadow, and join Nadril and I.

I must say though, for the first time ever, I do not want to play WoW. It's not that I feel bored, or that I feel angry about the game, It's that it feels like work. It feels like I am actually doing something that is expected of me, and not just for fun (With my guild).

We rand OS 25, did Naxx 25 (only Arachnid wing), 10/25 Vault, and then 10 OS Tuesday night, Wed. morning, and I felt awesome doing them. But when I realised that it was 3, and I had spent 5 hours on with the guild. Then today I was getting peer pressured into doing 10 man Naxx, and I don't even know if they want to do the full thing, or just a few wings or what. I just kinda left after saying Bye quickly tonight, and didn't want to deal with any peer pressure that might come up.

I think I will play in the morning tomorrow and try to do something else tomorrow afternoon/night.

Plus my wrists really burn.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Should drop your character shadow, and join Nadril and I.

I must say though, for the first time ever, I do not want to play WoW. It's not that I feel bored, or that I feel angry about the game, It's that it feels like work. It feels like I am actually doing something that is expected of me, and not just for fun (With my guild).

We rand OS 25, did Naxx 25 (only Arachnid wing), 10/25 Vault, and then 10 OS Tuesday night, Wed. morning, and I felt awesome doing them. But when I realised that it was 3, and I had spent 5 hours on with the guild. Then today I was getting peer pressured into doing 10 man Naxx, and I don't even know if they want to do the full thing, or just a few wings or what. I just kinda left after saying Bye quickly tonight, and didn't want to deal with any peer pressure that might come up.

I think I will play in the morning tomorrow and try to do something else tomorrow afternoon/night.

Plus my wrists really burn.

That's why I don't play in a raiding guild, and focus on PvP. I have zero schedules and zero expectations of me. I can raid whenever I want because I can just PUG. Sure, a raiding guild can be fun but I find it boring. If I don't want to play, I don't. :P