The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

maybe its just 'cos I'm in a really good guild, but I've never found myself not wanting to raid. Its never seemed like a chore, because its always really good fun just to have a laugh on vent and play together.

also, bastard torch of holy fire didnt drop AGAIN!! Its the last freaking bit of gear I actually need and I've NEVER seen it drop!

Tk5SF.png

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.wowinsider.com/2009/03/18/tier-8-set-bonuses-hit-the-ptr/1#c17748068

T8 set bonuses...wow. Some of them are probably typos though, especially this:

•  
    # DPS 2Piece Bonus -- Heroic Strike and Slam critical strikes have a chance to grant you 150% haste rating for 5 sec.

# DPS 4Piece Bonus -- Increases the critical strike chance of Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst by 10%.

I somehow doubt blizzard will give warriors a 150% haste rating proc, haha. Still really nice bonuses.

It gives you 150% of your haste rating not 150% haste. Right now i'm on 196 rating which gives just under 6% haste, 150% of 196 rating will give me just under 3% haste when it procs. Definitely a nice bonus, better IMO than the 4pc bonus.

I wonder how it will scale though, since the more haste you have the more it's going to stack.. i use the meteorite whetstone which can proc to give 444 haste rating, so if that procs and the 2pc bonus procs i will get 960 haste rating or 30% attack speed increase (before diminishing returns which i assume haste rating has). Then there's flurry which, when over 30% crit, is basically a permanant 25% haste. I've never looked into it but i think flurry is additive to passive haste so it'd be 25% haste from flurry plus 30% haste from gear. Yeah, my two 3.6 speed two handers are gonna be swinging as fast as daggers :)

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Lol do you not want them to know you came back? :lol:

See if there is a mod to do that maybe.

It's more like I don't want to talk to them, period. It's much harder to believably appear "away" on WoW than it is on msn. :P

I couldn't find any such mod though.

2009rb9.jpg

Well last night my guild finally realized that it was necessary to gear up and go with the same people in order to do some of the wings of Naxx. We tried to down Noth with about 15 people who had never ran Naxx. The rest were experienced guildies. We got him to 80% the first time, and wiped. 75% the second time, and realized that two tanks wasn't enough. So we tried patchwerk. Not enough heals. Our main healer was there, but out of 4 healers, he was doing 40% of the healing. The next guy was doing 30%, and the other two were doing 30% combined. So we wiped twice on patchwerk. So we decided to kill the world bosses instead :thumbsup: .

And for those who are experts on Naxx, where is the best place to tank Noth? In the center, or over near the corner? And should all the ranged dps stack on one guy, or spread out as much as possible in order to avoid being hit with the AoE the adds use?

And for those who are experts on Naxx, where is the best place to tank Noth? In the center, or over near the corner? And should all the ranged dps stack on one guy, or spread out as much as possible in order to avoid being hit with the AoE the adds use?

We tank him in the opposite corner of the entrance. Not right in the corner but just off the edge of that central square. And you only had two tanks in a 25-man raid? You really need 3 for patch or the DPS will be taking hatefuls, and one off-tank can't really handle all the adds on Noth. We usually take 3 tanks, on Noth it's fine with 1 MT on the boss and 2 for the adds.. you can get any plate DPS to grab stray adds and lead them back to the off-tanks if any get away.

MSSW4Banner.gif

really?

We do patch with 2 tanks and noth with 2 tanks. I'd say noth is probably the easiest boss in the whole thing. Just stack up on him, and have an AOE tank aggro the adds when they come in, then aoe them down after he teleports. Although we're trying to get him down before the teleport now.

Tk5SF.png

Both the Account Management and forums have been down all day. What the hell, Blizzard.

They want you to get down on your knees and beg to come back. :lol:

What tanks do you find best for Noth? I might have to advise the guildmaster on this. We wiped 10 times on noth last friday. Had 3 tanks (MT + 2OT) and all the plate people grabbing aggro as much as possible. Our dps was ok and healing was good. Any advice on grabbing adds off the dps or squisies? We usualy get two of the AoE guys back on the dps/heals and then we go down pretty fast. Then again we didn't know we had to kill Noth before the third wave of adds, which might be harder anyway. Maybe we just needed more dps.

Btw, what is the shaman decursing spell?

Any tank that doesn't suck can tank noth. Really, the days of certain tank classes being better for specific roles are over.. pallys, warriors, dks and druids all have the tools to do anything tanking related. The only exception right now is Sarth 3D which favours DKs/bears. There really isn't much more to the Noth fight than a zergy DPS race.

MSSW4Banner.gif

alright day 2 of playing and heres my stuff:

- im a gnome warlock

- im lvl 10

- i cant find where to get my void walker summon (help PLEASE)

- everyone over lvl 15 is a [puncture] and doesnt respond to me when i need help they just take off as soon as i say "hey can u answer a quick question"

- its empty out there, and im on a recomended server...

- can you guys tell me how to get my void walker i want it :/

and do u guys have any WoW fan sites like tipit where they give you help on everything about ingame?

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

- im a gnome warlock

- im lvl 10

- everyone over lvl 15 is a [puncture] and doesnt respond to me when i need help they just take off as soon as i say "hey can u answer a quick question"

and do u guys have any WoW fan sites like tipit where they give you help on everything about ingame?

from a newbie to a newbie, start using add ons. i recommend questhelper and cartographer.

add on sites: http://wowinterface.com

use google for WoW fan sites, there's a ton. from memory there's allakazam and thotbott (google em)

if you live in north america, go to burning blade server with me nadril and lionheart. i swear i'll help you out when i can. just make sure you roll hord. getting to lv 10 takes like 2 hours or so anyway.

Yeah burning blade is awesome. :)

Warrior is 75 now, 5 levels left. Really looking forward to doing Hunter/Resto shaman/warrior 3v3 and warrior/resto shaman 2v2 @ 80.

I'm considering changing realms, kinda. What realms do you EU-people play on?

I'm alliance, btw.

come to talnivarr EU if you're alliance.

Its a pretty well balanced PvP realm ( 46% - 54% alliance - horde), we have awesome progression (7 guilds with 3 drakes down, another 10 with 2 down) and our battlegroup is decent (reckoning)

Tk5SF.png

A recommended server means it's low population, so yeah it's likely the old world will seem a bit deserted. Especially if you're just coming from RS where f2p lumbridge is packed. It's fairly empty on most realms now but gets busier as you get towards outlands and northrend.

As for sites, i'd recommend wowhead.com for finding out about items and quests etc. The newcomers forum on the official forums seems pretty good. There's less trolling and idiots as the rest of the forums and people are generally willing to help there.

MSSW4Banner.gif

- im a gnome warlock

- im lvl 10

To repeat what Shadow said, if you want more people, come join the three of us on Burning blade. I can help you out a lot if need be.

I'm gonna roll an alt Shaman (on recommendation of Nadril). I'm just waiting to get 15 more stone keeper shards so I can get the shoulders so I can get 10% more exp.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I'm alliance, btw.

Its a pretty well balanced PvP realm ( 46% - 54% alliance - horde), we have awesome progression (7 guilds with 3 drakes down, another 10 with 2 down) and our battlegroup is decent (reckoning)

Sounds pretty good, never heard of it though. Are there ever any queues to log onto the server?

e: Just checked the realm forum quickly. Seems to be a lot of Swedes on Talnivarr. :?

2009rb9.jpg

I'm alliance, btw.

Sounds pretty good, never heard of it though. Are there ever any queues to log onto the server?

e: Just checked the realm forum quickly. Seems to be a lot of Swedes on Talnivarr. :?

2 of the top guilds are actually largely greek.

Theres no queues, and theres a very good balance of nationalities. Of course the predominant language is english though.

Tk5SF.png