The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Tried 3D today, but gave up after about 1 and a half hours because we were having some really odd lag issues. At the start of the fight 1 or 2 people would just DC instantly, and then about 10 or so others would have insane lag for the rest of the fight.

Ended up putting it down to a routing issue since all the people getting lag lived in england, and nobody outside of england was having an issue.

Tk5SF.png

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your health bar is freaking huge lol.

Yeah, I must keep the name and HP separate, so that makes it a lot bigger. I suppose I could reduce the scale though. I want to start using Pitbull and place the health bar at the bottom, with my name to the left outside it. That however requires a widescreen, which is something I don't have; it gets too cluttered with my current one.

I want to start playing on my troll hunter.

2009rb9.jpg

Paladins can't res themselves. Also I have no idea why you think warriors are "out dated", elaborate?

well all my warrior friends hate it, and i can beat warriors my own lvl.

got my first lvl 20 character \' so lame yet so impressive for me

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

Paladins can't res themselves. Also I have no idea why you think warriors are "out dated", elaborate?

well all my warrior friends hate it, and i can beat warriors my own lvl.

got my first lvl 20 character \' so lame yet so impressive for me

Good job, you can beat lvl 20 warriors who don't even have any of their instants yet?

Warriors are the most gear dependent class. If your gear sucks you are not going to do well. Likewise, warriors suck until 30-40.

oh got it :o.

well im going to make a horde on burning blade, so far ive got a lvl 1 warrior tauren named Garethet. but im not sure if warrior is the best (i only picked warrior cause paladins arent a horde job :(

whats the best job for a horde?

nashv.png

Well there is no 'best' job. In pvp, certain classes are a little OP at the moment, but as you are a new player, you don't need to worry about that as much. Just try out different classes to find what you like.

I would say that I don't see many rogues around as much anymore though. Priests either. ;)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Horde has paladins as Blood elves.

which raises my next question... how much am i going to have to pay to upgrade to that expantion pack? i pay $20 for the original WoW and then $20 more for cursades?

nashv.png

Exalted with Timbermaw Hold. ^_^

Now for Sporeggar, and then I will be Langzor the Diplomat.

And tonight we're starting our first guild 25-man Naxx. I've been pugging it for the last ages, and hopefully we're much less [cabbage].

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Well there is no 'best' job. In pvp, certain classes are a little OP at the moment, but as you are a new player, you don't need to worry about that as much. Just try out different classes to find what you like.

I would say that I don't see many rogues around as much anymore though. Priests either. ;)

I've not seen too many other mages actually, which is strange as it's a really good class for PvE (I normally end Instances with 40-50% damage done).

I dinged 53 earlier and already halfway to 54, want to get 60 soon so I can start doing some TBC stuff :D

You can start the TBC stuff at 58 ;)

My guilds lack of ambition is starting to annoy me. We've had sarth and naxx-10 on farm for a while, naxx-25 goes well when we have enough on to run it. I finally persuaded some guys to give sarth+1 a shot but they gave up after 1 attempt -.- making stupid excuses like "Wintergrasp is starting in 10 mins, i wanna go play it. Even though he can play wintergrasp every 3 hours but we only get one kill a week of sarth-10.

Oh well, i'm finally happy with my gear right now. ready to take on Ulduar and have fun trying to make my guildies attempt the hard-modes :D

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

I was looking around my laptop, and ran into this list that I coppied and pasted a few weeks ago. This list was apparently made in 2003 (This is just what I found on the WoW forums) and posted. Keep in mind this was before the game was even released.

- Draenor Set

Azuremyst Isle - 1 to 10

Bloodmyrk Isle - 10 to 20

Eversong Forest - 1 to 10

Quel'thalas - 10 to 20

Hellfire Peninsula - 58 to 62

Zangarmarsh - 60 to 64

Terokkar Forest - 61 to 65

The Deadlands - 63 to 67

Nagrand - 64 to 68

Blade's Edge Mountains - 66 to 70

Netherstorm - 67 to 70

Shadowmoon Valley - 69 to 70

- Northrend Set

Borean Tundra - 67 to 70

Howling Fjord - 67 to 70

Dragonblight - 69 to 72

Grizzly Hills - 70 to 73

Crystalsong Forest - 72 to 75

Zul'drak - 73 to 76

Sholazar Basin - 75 to 79

Storm Peaks - 76 to 80

Icecrown Glacier - 78 to 80

- Maelstrom Set

Gilneas - 77 to 80

Grim Batol - 78 to 81

Kul Tiras - 79 to 82

Kezan - 81 to 86

Tel Abim - 83 to 85

Zandalar - 84 to 87

Plunder Isle - 86 to 88

The Broken Isles - 87 to 90

The Maelstrom - 89 to 90

- Plane Set

Pandaria - 1 to 10

Hiji - 10 to 20

Wolfenhold - 1 to 10

Xorothian Plains - 10 to 20

The Green Lands - 88 to 91

The Dying Paradise - 91 to 94

The Emerald Nightmare - 94 to 97

The Eye of Ysera - 97 to 100

Deephome - 88 to 91

Skywall - 91 to 94

The Abyssal Maw - 94 to 97

The Firelands - 97 to 100

- Legion Set

K'aresh - 96 to 99

Argus Meadowlands - 97 to 100

Mac'Aree - 99 to 100

Maw of Oblivion - 100+

The Burning Citadel - 100+++

Anyone else seen this before?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Never seen it, but I quite like it.

Took down Spider and Plague wings on our H in Naxx, called it a night at the Horsemen because people were getting tired, plus we'd lost two of the healers, and trying to find a healing class is horrible.

Got some sexy gears, yet to 'chant/gem.

Look at me. :3

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

656 Resilience now

Not bad for being 80 since this Tuesday eh? I've been really concerned with survivability on my warrior, the resilience is really helping. I should have over 700 in a few days (my hateful back + Ring) and then about 800 once I get some more badges (for 2 pc of the Savage set, +50 resilience bonus and gem slots with +20's).

My goal is to have the 4pc PvP set bonus and hopefully around 850 resilience by the time S6 hits. I also want to get a good weapon to help jump start me to 1850 (by which time I can get the Ulduar 25 equivalent PvP weapon).

I also want to get better at spell reflects (Even learning the timing and spell reflecting instants like Death Coil, although that [cabbage] is srsly hard) and focus intercepts.

Just a few more weeks I think. :)

Did the 8 man "Dedicated Few" achievement last night and got upto four horsemen before ahving to call it. the big problems we had were:

1) the two tanks were very low geared alts, just def capped

2)The group had one caster, a very melee centric group

3)No hybrids who could off heal

So when it came to the four horsemen we had a big problem of how we would seperate the group. We tried a warlock and deathknight up top healing themselves, could not keep up. Tried the warlock and holy paladin up top with beacon of light off healing the warlock whilest he is also healing himself. The problem with that was we needed a person to off heal the tank on baron rivendaire and no one could do that.

Because the achievement does not count the four horsemen as part of the dedicated few achievement we will bring two hybrids or an extra healer for that boss, maybe bribe them so we can get into frostwyrm lair and get our achievements.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... on&n=Stigg

Looking at my armory and my achievements you can see how few ten man achievements i actually have, this is because i find ten man naxx and the other ten mans so utterly dull and boring that i have never really gone back to any ten mans since raiding hard on twenty five mans.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Looking at my armory and my achievements you can see how few ten man achievements i actually have, this is because i find ten man naxx and the other ten mans so utterly dull and boring that i have never really gone back to any ten mans since raiding hard on twenty five mans.

Same here, lol. I got turned down for a Naxx 10 pug because I couldn't link the Fall achievement. I kept linking the 25 man one and arguing with the guy but he didn't deem it good enough.

#-o

yay guild drama.

heres what happened

Our best tank had been chatting up a druid in the guild for a few weeks, and got an invite over to her house in iceland for a week or so.

He got there, tried to get some, she said no, and he spent the week in her room playing WoW instead.

After he got back, another officer asked the girl how it had gone, and aformentioned tank took that as the officer chatting her up. The officer's girlfriend, who was our best elemental shammy, heard that he'd been chatting up the druid, and both her and our tank promptly left the guild.

Hilarity on vent ensued, but unfortunatly, we're down 2 key members which probably means we wont be doing 3 drakes before 3.1

Tk5SF.png

yay guild drama.

heres what happened

Our best tank had been chatting up a druid in the guild for a few weeks, and got an invite over to her house in iceland for a week or so.

He got there, tried to get some, she said no, and he spent the week in her room playing WoW instead.

After he got back, another officer asked the girl how it had gone, and aformentioned tank took that as the officer chatting her up. The officer's girlfriend, who was our best elemental shammy, heard that he'd been chatting up the druid, and both her and our tank promptly left the guild.

Hilarity on vent ensued, but unfortunatly, we're down 2 key members which probably means we wont be doing 3 drakes before 3.1

Hahah, this is actually really hilarious.

Anyway. Just joined Goon Squad on Sporeggar. The moment my level 1 joined the guild, a paladin belf rode past me, stopped in his tracks, and said "dude, leave the guild while you still can, it's the most hated guild on this server." 8-)

Still doesn't stop a lot of "pubbies" from lining up to join it, even when the GS leaders make them do all kinds of dumb [cabbage] like have them recite passages from the Torah (but not before making them embrace our "Jewish faith"), run around naked in Orgrimmar and yell obscenities (which are then reported), etc.

Oh and they've killed Thrall and all bankers in Orgrimmar at least once. It's a horde guild.

They're super friendly to guildies though. The moment I joined I had people whisper me asking if I ever need help with anything to just send a /w their way, they gave me 20 slot bags, 20+ gold, level 25-35 arrow quivers, glyphs, and blah blah. And the guild chat is super active.

It's really refreshing to be in a guild that doesn't give a [cabbage] what other people think of it, everybody's just in it for the fun. Whether that entails griefing people of the same faction, or the opposite faction, doesn't matter. People in the guild are reported... uh, quite often. :P

I'm really loving playing a troll hunter too!

2009rb9.jpg

Don't you have to like pay to get DKP in Goon Squad though? Or did they get rid of that.

They've never had any of that. It was just an on-going joke between Goons and "pubbies" (non-Goons) - it was just the latter who believed it.

2009rb9.jpg

Don't you have to like pay to get DKP in Goon Squad though? Or did they get rid of that.

They've never had any of that. It was just an on-going joke between Goons and "pubbies" (non-Goons) - it was just the latter who believed it.

:oops: Ok then.