The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

I'm considering changing realms, kinda. What realms do you EU-people play on?

I'm alliance, btw.

come to talnivarr EU if you're alliance.

Its a pretty well balanced PvP realm ( 46% - 54% alliance - horde), we have awesome progression (7 guilds with 3 drakes down, another 10 with 2 down) and our battlegroup is decent (reckoning)

Sounds pretty good, never heard of it though. Are there ever any queues to log onto the server?

e: Just checked the realm forum quickly. Seems to be a lot of Swedes on Talnivarr. :?

2 of the top guilds are actually largely greek.

Theres no queues, and theres a very good balance of nationalities. Of course the predominant language is english though.

The transfer sometimes takes 5 days though. Ah well, I'll start by activating my account, and if I absolutely cannot stand my server, I'll seriously and definitely consider transferring to Talnivarr. :)

2009rb9.jpg

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, don't play this, but just been watching Friday Night with Jonathan Ross and turns out Vin Diesal plays this game, as does Ross' missus. :thumbup:

iteme3721.jpg

^Yea i saw that, shame he didn't ask Diesel what character he played, would love to know.

Haven't played in about a month now, got kicked out of my guild so lost incentive to play, probably renew when 3.1 comes out although mage changes still look a bit thin on the ground atm.

keen.png

well the games finally starting to make sense :) although all the people high enough level to ride animals are still idiots and stuck on themselves.

more questions though \' is anybody here a warlock? maybe i could just pm a warlock my questions :pray:

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

well the games finally starting to make sense :) although all the people high enough level to ride animals are still idiots and stuck on themselves.

more questions though \' is anybody here a warlock? maybe i could just pm a warlock my questions :pray:

dude you get a mount at like level 30. You can get there in less than day if you know what you're doing, its hardly a no-life only feat.

what do you want to know about locks?

Tk5SF.png

and the questions pour out:

-what lvl is it for a felsteed (the glowing firey horse for warlocks)

-what should i use my talent points on?

-where do i train to get to "30 in a day"... cause although getting the next level seems easy getting to 30 in one day seems like madness. (i was in loch modan if thats where ur supposed to go then i feel plain stupid cause the things on the east side of the lake kicked my [wagon])

-any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

heh ive been exploring and ive seen a tun of the skull lvl monsters, i assume that means theyre too strong to be called a lvl?

and WoW has dinosaurs... :lol: :roll: you lost me at dinosaurs lol dragons are fine but really?

anyways you guys might have sold me completely that WoW > Runescape by a million. its just more interesting then RS

anyways thanks for all the help thus far. :thumbsup: ::'

nashv.png

-where do i train to get to "30 in a day"... cause although getting the next level seems easy getting to 30 in one day seems like madness. (i was in loch modan if thats where ur supposed to go then i feel plain stupid cause the things on the east side of the lake kicked my [wagon])

heh ive been exploring and ive seen a tun of the skull lvl monsters, i assume that means theyre too strong to be called a lvl?

and WoW has dinosaurs... :lol: :roll: you lost me at dinosaurs lol dragons are fine but really?

anyways you guys might have sold me completely that WoW > Runescape by a million. its just more interesting then RS

if you're new to the game, 30 in a day probably isnt gonna be possible. Just keep going at your own pace and enjoy the game. If you tell us what level you're at now, we can tell you what area you should be in.

You get a felsteed at level 30.

For levelling up, I think demonology is the best talent tree to put points into.

Monsters with a skull next to them are more than 10 levels higher than you are. As you level up, the skull will turn into a number. In addition to that, Monsters with a gold/silver dragon around their picture are "elite". They have more hp and hit harder than normal monsters of that level, and you shouldnt try to kill one without help from some other players.

Tk5SF.png

Gonna level an undead mage while watching the 4th and 5th season of The Wire then The Shield series. Im now only raiding 3 hours a week compared to what i was so i need a new pet project, plus the 70 DK i have is pretty boring for wrath, i dont know why but there is no way i can stomach going through northrend again.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Jaziek, uni holiday has begun for me, and being bored of my characters I am looking to roll a new one - don't suppose your guild would be open to throwing an invite my way if I roll a new character? For the guild chat more than anything - WoW gets awful boring if its silent...

Jaziek, uni holiday has begun for me, and being bored of my characters I am looking to roll a new one - don't suppose your guild would be open to throwing an invite my way if I roll a new character? For the guild chat more than anything - WoW gets awful boring if its silent...

Dunno. I'll ask. I've had an RL mate invited before but he was 80. Dunno what the rules are about levelling chars.

Tk5SF.png

if you're new to the game, 30 in a day probably isnt gonna be possible. Just keep going at your own pace and enjoy the game. If you tell us what level you're at now, we can tell you what area you should be in.

You get a felsteed at level 30.

For levelling up, I think demonology is the best talent tree to put points into.

Monsters with a skull next to them are more than 10 levels higher than you are. As you level up, the skull will turn into a number. In addition to that, Monsters with a gold/silver dragon around their picture are "elite". They have more hp and hit harder than normal monsters of that level, and you shouldnt try to kill one without help from some other players.

im lvl 14 (almost 15) warlock, alliance. :thumbsup: yay for teh noobiness?

nashv.png

I would level up as affliction. The first 5 talent points you spend should pretty much always be for your instant cast corruption.

I agree, back when I levelled my lock it was done via affliction (and was pretty fast as far as I was concerned), this was pre WOTLK, but I can't imagine its changed massively.

Rogue is harder than other classes that I've played (Hunter/Pally). I have to get used to this whole "eating" thing.

It gets better once you get in your 20's. The first 20 levels or so of a rogue (until you start getting decent gear) really suck.

Rogue is harder than other classes that I've played (Hunter/Pally). I have to get used to this whole "eating" thing.

It gets better once you get in your 20's. The first 20 levels or so of a rogue (until you start getting decent gear) really suck.

Which I why I use them as my bank characters :)

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

sounds fun heh. in the places lvl 30s train at, are most people into killing one another or only sometimes?

Depends on the player. If I see an ally, I'll attack them. Most of the time it doesn't matter what level they are. :lol:

Am I the only one who felt like a complete [bleep] killing people who were questing etc? I always just remembered how much I hated those long corpse runs myself. I was also awful at PvP, so even if I tried I would probably have lost most of the time.

Been thinking about getting back to WoW this past week. Haven't played since November, and I didn't think I'd ever go back to it. Damn this thread for making me consider it.

Those were my exact words two weeks ago. I started to troll tip.it again and found this golden thread. I figured I'd stop my xbox live subscription (call of duty 5 is terrible..mp40 juggernaut spamage). Now, I'm playing like 15 hours a week!

By the way I am on Burning Blade HORDE! level 61 undead warlock named Zedar.

Gimme a shout if you'd like

I recommend affliction until level 50 or so, then try out the felguard. I saved up 1000g for when the dual spec comes out. I enjoy both afflic and demo/destro

Nadril, all corruptions are insta-cast now.

Zedar- undead warlock

Burning Blade

Leveling up a amge and damn is it frustrating. For example : Im level 11, they are level 10, i kill them kiting and CCing them around, by the time its dead im at 35-40% mana. if i aggro another mob (which is common in ghostlands) im a dead man, i cannot kill the mob unless i pop a mana potion and bandage waiting for my cooldowns to wear away.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Rofl, guild cleared noth for the first time last night. Second attempt of the day. First time we had noth to 40k hp and he teleported, and then we wiped when he ad 5 seconds left until here teleported back in. Sad wipe. Then we called it before we could get an attempt in for the next guy (safety dance).

Then we went and did 10 man vault, and I got the 10man hunter tier gloves.

Really? I've always found Noth one of the easier bosses in Naxx.

Horrible PUG today for H Naxx. I was grouped with maybe 22 other people who had never seen a clock once in their lives. [bleep]ing morons. Then we tried the whole 6-11 thing, people still managed to screw up, because as I mentioned before, a clock with hands is a huge luxury where these people live.

[bleep]ing digital watches.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Really? I've always found Noth one of the easier bosses in Naxx.

Horrible PUG today for H Naxx. I was grouped with maybe 22 other people who had never seen a clock once in their lives. [bleep] morons. Then we tried the whole 6-11 thing, people still managed to screw up, because as I mentioned before, a clock with hands is a huge luxury where these people live.

[bleep] digital watches.

For the safty dance? I don't know why people can't just follow the guy who is doing it right. Hell, first time I ever did it that's what I did and it worked out fine.

Leveling up a amge and damn is it frustrating. For example : Im level 11, they are level 10, i kill them kiting and CCing them around, by the time its dead im at 35-40% mana. if i aggro another mob (which is common in ghostlands) im a dead man, i cannot kill the mob unless i pop a mana potion and bandage waiting for my cooldowns to wear away.

Mage sucks at low levels too lol. Go figure my first two real "main" characters were a rogue and a mage. And then a [bleep]ing warrior. :wall: