The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..i dont know why but there is no way i can stomach going through northrend again.
\

That's what I'm thinking too.. I've done it twice already, and was going to dualbox my priest and DK once the DK is 70 (65 now). But, meh.. we'll see about that.

cowboy14: the guys are right, affliction is the best spec to play until you reach level 50, when you can respec your talents and get the Felguard in Demonology. By that stage it will take you a while to get used to, since you'll be used to dotting (damage over time spells) and running to kill things. A Felguard basically works like a pet Warrior - he can charge-stun, do big damage and hold threat while you throw shadow bolts and/or fire spells at the target. It'll take a bit of time to get used to but once you get the hang of it, you'll find levelling easy. The most important thing to remember with it is to keep the pet alive, because if he drops, you will too - very quickly.

Same goes for getting your mount, once you hit 30 you'll wonder how you managed to do things beforehand.

Really? I've always found Noth one of the easier bosses in Naxx.

Horrible PUG today for H Naxx. I was grouped with maybe 22 other people who had never seen a clock once in their lives. [bleep] morons. Then we tried the whole 6-11 thing, people still managed to screw up, because as I mentioned before, a clock with hands is a huge luxury where these people live.

[bleep] digital watches.

For the safty dance? I don't know why people can't just follow the guy who is doing it right. Hell, first time I ever did it that's what I did and it worked out fine.

Leveling up a amge and damn is it frustrating. For example : Im level 11, they are level 10, i kill them kiting and CCing them around, by the time its dead im at 35-40% mana. if i aggro another mob (which is common in ghostlands) im a dead man, i cannot kill the mob unless i pop a mana potion and bandage waiting for my cooldowns to wear away.

Mage sucks at low levels too lol. Go figure my first two real "main" characters were a rogue and a mage. And then a [bleep] warrior. :wall:

Nah, this was for Thaddius. The good thing about Heigan is that he doesn't have an enrage timer, so you can do it even if you've only got two people left, so it doesn't matter if stupid people die, you can still do it.

If you've got [developmentally delayed]s on Thadd, you aren't gonna make the enrage timer.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Switched back to my rogue, give my mage a break but i have to admit that even at level 11 its so much fun the control you have over mobs. Perhaps this character will just stay low level and not something i play seriousley, just when i want to control a skeleton on the dead scar like it is its master.

And the rogue (because i need a farm toon with herbalism) will be leveled up as much as humanly possible through outland so the first few northrend areas are not so much of a bore. In facti now think its just all the areas upto dragonblight which suck. not much a fan of the vrykul or taunka stuff but the dragonflight stuff and Zul Drak is awesome.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I started playing a couple weeks ago now and dinged 50 last night on my Blood Elf mage (Frost spec). Enjoying it so far, although now I really just want to get to 60 so I can start doing some decent instances and access TBC content.

I got the free trial with my warcraft 3 sometime back. Only decided to use it this year. After waiting an hour, the patching progress was still at 0%, so I uninstalled it. Looks like fun though... :(

Yeah, the downloader is terrible. Just go to http://www.wowwiki.com and search for "mirrors", then download the correct patch version.

2009rb9.jpg

Wow. Guild is working on 25 man Safety Dance for an hour until we finally give up. Head to military quarter and die on first boss 3 times after about 2 hours. 25 man group breaks up and we take the top dps/heals to run 10 man Naxx.

We down Noth first try. Easiest boss ever. Safety dance, we die twice. We're like "Ok, last try. If we don't get it we'll try tomorrow." We kill him. On to Loatheb. First attempt we wipe at 60k hp. Second attempt we kill him easy. So we're like what the hell, we'll go kill patchy." So we down him first try. Very successful night. I got new boots and a new stat stick. Woo hunters.

EDIT:

We can't just follow the first guy on noth, because due to the lag, you're almost a full second behind him, which means you're getting hit by the [cabbage] from the floor. The only way I can see this working is if you have the MT run too early and heal him through it, so that everybody else is on time.

I don't know how people can fail on the safety dance.

Scratch that, I don't know how people can fail in naxx period.

edit: I <3 bloodlust on my warrior. So much rage. Had pretty much the perfect group set up for me (DK, Paladin, Shaman all in the group) so I ended up doing 2300DPS on the last boss in VH. :oops:

lvl 77 now.

Never follow anyone on the safety dance. It's every man for himself when you're dancing since you can't rely on players actually being where they look on screen. Often it'll look like people get hit on my screen, but on their they're clear. It's amazingly easy though, just 1,2,3,4,3,2,1 over and over.. not like you need to remember a complex pattern.

Malygos is annoying me. Only boss we havn't downed yet, i think it's because we're using 2 paladin healers which makes the vortexes tough. I think next attempt we'll swap out a paladin for a druid.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

I take a method where i wait a second after the first explosion and then i just run without stopping. Its a little unorthodox but its something that im accustomed to and its handy as a druid because i can concentrate on hotting up the raid instead of stopping, then moving. Heck sometimes i just press "Num lock" and guide me through the dance.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I actually fell asleep on our last naxx 10 lol.. during Kel'Thuzad. I got woken up to me dying to a void zone. To be fair, we'd done Sarth10, sarth25 and almost a full naxx clear back to back and it was about 2am. Guys on vent thought it was funny at least :oops:

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Simple; Lag.

What does your latency usually sit at? Some of my guildies sit at around 800 average.

Well if you don't know the fight, it is simple. Or if you don't communicate. I tried finishing the 25man on saturday, but me and he other new tank got the boot for 'the four horsemen' fight cause they needed the more geared ones to make it work. Plus no one explained the dance to me, and it wasn't till it was too late that I understood it. Unfortunately though, I am gonna have to try and use the other computer for doing 25 man's. The framerate lag is intense.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Simple; Lag.

What does your latency usually sit at? Some of my guildies sit at around 800 average.

50-90ms.

I usually sit at about 100-150.

for those of you with bad lag, there is a registry fix you can try, I'll try to find the guide, but apparently it almost halves your latency in some cases.

Tk5SF.png

for those of you with bad lag, there is a registry fix you can try, I'll try to find the guide, but apparently it almost halves your latency in some cases.

I've done it, and I sit around 250-290. It's not so bad but I do sometimes get a little tickle on Safety Dance.

In a related story I'm [bleep]ing sick of being in a guild that will never get Immortal or Undying. I just hope we will get 3D done before the patch (but probably not, ugh).

I've done it, and I sit around 250-290. It's not so bad but I do sometimes get a little tickle on Safety Dance.

In a related story I'm [bleep] sick of being in a guild that will never get Immortal or Undying. I just hope we will get 3D done before the patch (but probably not, ugh).

Where going for immortal tonight. last time the guild tried it, the tank which was picking up the adds got an iceblock and the guy wasnt focused on when the wave of locks came so they failed on kelthuzad in the last stages of the fight. so tonight, veryone is hungry as hell for it, think its immortal night tonight.

tifsdac6mc.gif