The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Uugh. I don't understand how people make money in this game without grinding dailies for weeks on end, and mining is impossible due to the number of miners. Any good/cheap tricks you guys found?

Play the AH, watch certain commonly traded goods such as Ores, bars, herbs etc and wait till one gets severely undercut. Buyout all the extremely low priced ones and wait a day or two till prices are back to normal then sell them all for about 2-5g per stack under the normal buyout price.

Works pretty well for me anyway.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mining and skinning. But with my insane no-downtime DPS as a DK i was thinking of farming primals or those scryer/aldor items.

Yeah primal and rep items are worthless. Just level.

will leveling in outlands/northrend get me enough for an epic flyer or cold weather flying by 77?

Don't need? IIRC the low leveled flying mount is as slow as a non-epic land mount.

You'll live. Just use the epic land mount if anything. Either way you probably will not have enough for an epic mount along with cold weather flying, especially since you still need to spend 900g on the normal flying mount.

Just leveling though and mining I have over 2100g, cold wind flying (1000g) and my flying mount (1000g) and I've auction whored quite a lot.

You may not need an epic flyer but its damn worth it. Icecrowns a friggen big zone and when flying you seem to be going slower than on land... If you're going to quest in Icecrown and then do it's dailies after 80, I'll recommend it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

You may not need an epic flyer but its damn worth it. Icecrowns a friggen big zone and when flying you seem to be going slower than on land... If you're going to quest in Icecrown and then do it's dailies after 80, I'll recommend it.

And flying to the top of the Temple of Storms in SP is just godawful. :(

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Uugh. I don't understand how people make money in this game without grinding dailies for weeks on end, and mining is impossible due to the number of miners. Any good/cheap tricks you guys found?

I got epic flying in 3 days and i did so by:

Playing the AH with auctioneer

Farming and selling herbs in all my free time waiting for say a BG so going out to get some terocone.

Everydaily i could fine and do, ended up doing around 22 dailys and that brings in a lot of gold.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Not to double post but the guild merge is really rocking!

Despite crippling lag, we cleared out naxx, thankfully the lag started to whane wright as we enetered the construct quarter.Got my T7.5 headpiece and also got the set bonus to go along with it so a good night indeed.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Blizzard seem to be [bleep] up royally more and more often now. Diablo 3 and SC2 have gone from "OMGWTFNAO!!!" to "meh.. maybe" on my scale of wantedness.

Diablo 3 is still top of the list for most people I know. I'm not sure I know what you mean.

I saw the post a few pages back about the guy whose account wasn't off trial status... When you buy the game online, it can sometimes take a day or two for it to become active. When I tried to buy it online, my credit card got [bleep]ed, and locked me out since I usually don't buy stuff like this. I tried again not knowing this, and finally when I called the credit card company and had them let the payment go through, blizzard had locked me out for to many failed tries. Ended up buying the retail copy. (Good idea seeing as I got TBC at a discounted price.

Anyway, with almost all blues from level 80 and a few from heroics, I'm at about 1450 dps unbuffed against a level 80 dummy sustained over 3 minutes. I can burst upwards of 2300dps. This is BM specced (my build is fairly good). Gunna try a different rotation and then respec. See what gets me the highest dps.

Anyway, with almost all blues from level 80 and a few from heroics, I'm at about 1450 dps unbuffed against a level 80 dummy sustained over 3 minutes. I can burst upwards of 2300dps. This is BM specced (my build is fairly good). Gunna try a different rotation and then respec. See what gets me the highest dps.

Considering I can do 1450 at least as frostfire vs the level 80 dummy @ 78 and 2000 DPS on the level 70 dummy I think you might want to look at different rotations. Although in reality it's really just steady shot spam.

edit: The landmine quest in storm peaks is [bleep]ing funny as [cabbage]. Watching like 3 guys and me try and complete it. :lol:

Well first of all my pet sucks majorly. I was Just serpent sting and spamming steady shot, but that isn't the best rotation since hunter nerfs. Also, I wasn't using any trinkets (which are very low leveled anyway) or rapidfire. Other than that, idk what else I can do. My spec is good. How long was your test, because that makes a huge difference. I didn't use any potions or anything either, and the only buffs were my aspects. And when I said burst dps I meant over 20 seconds. If I just did a 30 second test, my dps would be over 1700. This is because I have to have Aspect of the Viper on for 20 seconds every minute, which translates to a 15%+ loss in dps.

I'm trying this with a different rotation, and then with a different pet. I'll post the results.

I tested until I ran out of mana.

Ok, if I do that I would have been at almost 1700 dps the previous test. This test I would have been at 1840.

What I've done so far:

3.0.8: 3 MINUTE TEST. Level 80 Dummy.

Abilities: Only hunter abilities. Rapid fire excluded. No trinkets.

Gear: http://www.wowdb.com/wishlist.aspx?id=105564

Glyphs: Serpent Sting, Steady Shot, Bestial Wrath

TALENT BUILD:

BM: 53/18/0 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ctbMzxtRqu0estcemb0o

Pet: http://www.wowhead.com/?petcalc=mqd00fszzhko

Pet: Core Hound

Pet Abilities:

Autocast: Bite, Call of the Wild, Charge, Cower, Growl, Lava Breath, Rabid

Rotation:

Hunters Mark; Serpent Sting > Steady Shot; BW, KC; AotDH, AotV

!!!TEST LASTED 10% LONGER. REDUCE TOTAL DAMAGE BY 10%!!!

Repsacrelyt + Core Hound: 1473 Dps (100.0%) [283430]

SS: 48.1%; 102; 83850 Hit/Crit/Miss:75.5/24.5/0

AutoShot; 37.0%; 87; 64276 Hit/Crit/Miss: 86.2/13.8/0

Serpent: 11.9%; 56; 20621 Hit/Crit/Miss: -/-/-

Argent Fury: 3.0%; 4; 5213 Hit/Crit/Miss: 100/0/0

Core Hound: 571 Dps (38.7) [109740]

Melee: 49.7%; 159; 54578 Hit/Crit/Parry/Glancing/Dodge/Miss: 56.6/25.2/5.7/5.0/3.8/3.8

Bite: 40.4%; 95; 44350 Hit/Crit/Parry/Glancing/Dodge/Miss: 51.6/40.0/4.2/3.2/1.1

Lava Breath: 9.9%; 22; 10812 Hit/Crit/Parry/Glancing/Dodge/Miss: 77.3/18.2/-/-/-/4.5

Growl: 0.0%; 2; 0 Hit/Crit/Parry/Glancing/Dodge/Miss: -/-/-/-/-/1

Rotation:

Hunters Mark; Serpent Sting > Arcane Shot > Steady Shot; BW, KC; AotDH, AotV

Repsacrelyt + Core Hound: 1599 Dps (100.0%) [277359]

SS: 31.9%; 71; 55202 Hit/Crit/Miss: 81.7/18.3/0

AutoShot; 39.3%; 84; 67959 Hit/Crit/Miss: 73.8/26.2/0

AS: 16.3%; 24; 28384; Hit/Crit/Miss: 79.2/20.8/0

Serpent: 10.83%; 51; 20621 Hit/Crit/Miss: -/-/-

Argent Fury: 3.1%; 4; 5213 Hit/Crit/Miss: 100/0/0

Core Hound: 552 Dps (36.2) [101216]

Melee: 49.9%; 155; 50514 Hit/Crit/Parry/Glancing/Dodge/Miss: 61.9/21.3/5.2/3.9/3.9/3.9

Bite: 38.7%; 94; 39135 Hit/Crit/Parry/Glancing/Dodge/Miss: 57.4/33.0/3.2/3.2/3.2

Lava Breath: 11.4%; 22; 11567 Hit/Crit/Parry/Glancing/Dodge/Miss: 77.3/22.7/-/-/-/-

Conclusion: Rotation is better with Arcane Shot.

Blizzard seem to be [bleep] up royally more and more often now. Diablo 3 and SC2 have gone from "OMGWTFNAO!!!" to "meh.. maybe" on my scale of wantedness.

starcraft 2 - I'm not paying for 3 games when I'm only going to get one.

Battle.net - Thats going to be a subscription service and we all know it

Tk5SF.png

Do you think it's because of the Activision merger or what? Personally I think Blizzard would be making a poor business decision making Battle.net a subscription service, they might lose out more on sales than they would make from a subscription service. They've said before it will be stuff like name changes, ect. kind of like how WoW has it.

Do you think it's because of the Activision merger or what? Personally I think Blizzard would be making a poor business decision making Battle.net a subscription service, they might lose out more on sales than they would make from a subscription service. They've said before it will be stuff like name changes, ect. kind of like how WoW has it.

at english prices, a 1 sale is the same as 2 months worth of subscription.(For WoW) Even if you lost out on 50% of sales, as long as the other 50% played for 2 months, you'd get the same amount of money.

WoW seems to have proven that the subscription method works, and works VERY well, why not continue?

Tk5SF.png

It's two different types of games. WoW works well because its a constant thing. Personally I think a lot of people play and have played Diablo and Diablo II in a very on and off manner. I don't know anyone who just stayed for all those years.

I just don't see Blizzard doing a subscription model for it. And also, at least with american prices, a game is $50-$60 and a subscription is $15 a month. So a game box is actually closer to 4 months than two. I'm not saying they would lose out, but it might be a possibility. And like I said before, it just wouldn't be like Blizzard I think. What exactlly has gotten you to think this all of the sudden though? I know people are worried about the Activision/Blizzard merger since patch 3.0.8 hit with bugs (and some people think Activision pushed it out) so I don't know if its part of that same train of thought or not.

Battle net will most likely have advertising revunues, which im totally fine about because my mind just ignores most adverts.

EDIT: why would activision want to push out a free patch quickly?? I read this on Wow insider, which tbh i just think is a sicafant to blizzard thinking that there so amazing and in this case i think there trying to find a scapegoat for how blizzard complteley F'ed up.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I think my rage may well be influenced by the 3.08 crappyness, but thats not to say it forms the basis of my arguement.

Blizzard also said they'd NEVER implement paid name changes, and NEVER implement paid character alterations.

Tk5SF.png