The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone care to rate my characters equip/whatever? Cyrant.

Keep in mind this is just leveling and the dagger is a temporary, LOL. (until I find a 1.4 speed wep worth using).

Just quick thoughts, no time spent looking for replacement gear:

Shoulders, back, chest and gloves are questionable IMO. Something 15 lvls below, could be upgraded IMO. Also the carrot on a stick, at the very least get the nifty stopwatch, but there should be other alternatives aswell.

I don't know much about AP - Agi and AP-Sta for rogues, but it looks ok to me.

An 8/10 :P

korla3eaqd3.jpg

Keep in mind this is just leveling and the dagger is a temporary, LOL. (until I find a 1.4 speed wep worth using).

Just quick thoughts, no time spent looking for replacement gear:

Shoulders, back, chest and gloves are questionable IMO. Something 15 lvls below, could be upgraded IMO. Also the carrot on a stick, at the very least get the nifty stopwatch, but there should be other alternatives aswell.

I don't know much about AP - Agi and AP-Sta for rogues, but it looks ok to me.

An 8/10 :P

The chest i'm currently trying to find a good replacement to, its tough though. Theres a rare drop in mara but thats it.

As far as shoulders/back go I've had a tough time finding specific upgrades for them. I should be able to upgrade the back soon and while there are shoulders in mara I'm done running it right now.

Haven't really seen anything worth to upgrade the gloves with yet either although I could probaly replace 'em with a higher level green monkey item.

Whats this stopwatch and where do I get one? :D

And as far as AP/Crit/Stam deal I think I have it fairly balalnced.

hmm.. any recomendations for upgrades for those pieces you mentioned? I'm gunna go check wowhead.com atm :)

edit: just checked and there wern't many worthwhile upgrades from 40-51 with the exception of the chest.(which is a rare blue chest).

Hopefully in a few levels I'll find better.

Nifty Stopwatch - Badlands quest chain. Starts with:

Coolant Heads Prevail

Gyro... What?

Study of the Elements: Rock

Then

This is Going to Be Hard

ah ok, badlands. never did really quest there.

Doesn't seem too useful for me since I have sprint. I'd rather the 3% mount + speed.

Nifty Stopwatch - Badlands quest chain. Starts with:

Coolant Heads Prevail

Gyro... What?

Study of the Elements: Rock

Then

This is Going to Be Hard

ah ok, badlands. never did really quest there.

Doesn't seem too useful for me since I have sprint. I'd rather the 3% mount + speed.

Ever heard of switching trinkets mate? ;)

Carrot on a stick has gotta be the most useless item in combat :P

Anyhow, is that the PvP trinket nowadays?

anyway, rune of duty, Figurine - Truesilver Boar (never heard of it before, but thottbot likes it) and Defiler's Talisman are all decent options for a trinket.

korla3eaqd3.jpg

Yeah guess I just haven't ran across many trinkets, i'll check those out.

I'd say use Thottbot more, it can't be used too much. Infact, when I was gaming, I was known as Mr. Thottbot, for my ability to quickly alt-tab down and look a quest up, or some reward, then link it all from my loot-link :P

Well, use the armor/weapon search located in the top left corner on any page except the main searching page, where it is somewhere in the middle, you'll find it if you want to, I'm sure ;)

korla3eaqd3.jpg

Yeah I almost always have thottbot up on my second monitor while in WoW, I generaly just use it for quests though. I find wowhead.com's interface better but it doesn't have as many comments yet so I use it for items.

I'm on SH :D

Hit up Booshlob sometime will ya, :wink:

(or Oshpob or Looshbob, since I haven't been on Booshlob for the past couple days.)

Too bad you're horde. I tried adding you but it said none of your names existed. Boo.

2009rb9.jpg

New levitate animation for Trolls, Humans, Draenei, and Blood Elfs - no love for UD/NE yet. :(

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/157/levitatebf2.jpg

Wdf is that lol? A new priest spell? What purpose does it server?

As for trinkets, I personally like the AB trinket on my warlock. Absorbs a somewhat small amount of damage (several hundred) but sometimes that's all I need to kill something without dying myself, plus allows me to cast. I use it to save myself from drawing too much aggro in groups too. I highly recommend it, both for PvP and PvE.

As for whoever said the next patch was going to be awesome: How come? I didn't really read patch notes too much but I do know the fishing timer is going to be shorter =D, which is good even though I already got fishing hat on my 19 pally ;)

Also I would consider rolling a priest, never really played one of those either, on BB but I would want to level up with one of you guys because priests don't seem like the best soloers ever until you can get a lot of shadow talents and gear. So yea I want to roll a druid or shaman or priest probably. I've leveled every other class up to 29 or higher so yea (all potentially healing classes I know haha). Actually I've leveled a druid to 29 too but he's a twink and I might not mind playing one as a main.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

I'd go priest or druid. Druids are actualy exceptionaly good levelers and priests get really good once you get shadowform (and aren't that bad before hand). Shaman level fine but well.. you know my issues with them :P.

They stack - it's eternally useful in BG's (even if it has a 30 min CD).

Edit:

You seem to have a couple of Druid items on o_O

I'd go priest or druid. Druids are actualy exceptionaly good levelers and priests get really good once you get shadowform (and aren't that bad before hand). Shaman level fine but well.. you know my issues with them :P.

Yea I know your issues with them xD. A priest or druid sounds good to me. Only thing is I don't know if I will ever get the priest to level 40 for shadow form because I generally don't have too much time to play WoW. However, I've already played a druid to level 29 which I don't really feel like doing again.

EDIT: Why don't we all just make level 19s or 29s, or even 39s rather than having to reroll and worry about leveling up all of the time? We could get someone to run us through some instances to get a bit of gear, we don't really need enchants.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

I'm on SH :D

Hit up Booshlob sometime will ya, :wink:

(or Oshpob or Looshbob, since I haven't been on Booshlob for the past couple days.)

Too bad you're horde. I tried adding you but it said none of your names existed. Boo.

Nevermind, I just tried now, got same message you got..

I live in US btw.

DING 58!! Outland here i come!!

Major gratz. :D

hehe ty.. but i promised id wait for a friend and we'd go through the portal together. He's still 57 so im not gonna go thru yet.. might level my professions a bit first.

Tk5SF.png

Grats on level 58. You'll find questing much easier - and the group quests that do exist, you can often save to the end... some you can even solo. Don't be afraid to try!

There's a thread on WoW General (US) regarding reviewing leveling 1-58, especially levels 35-49ish. I think Blizzard is focusing a bit too much on end game. They mustn't forget that many people like to reroll OR there are just new people starting the game as Blood Elf/Draenei or one of the original races. Having to put up with Azeroth leveling after experiencing Outland will make you go crazy. I think the largest number of alts that aren't being used are in the 35-50 range... where leveling involves flying from one zone to another to complete ONE yellow quest. :/

sithbridgeay2.jpg

Grats on level 58. You'll find questing much easier - and the group quests that do exist, you can often save to the end... some you can even solo. Don't be afraid to try!

There's a thread on WoW General (US) regarding reviewing leveling 1-58, especially levels 35-49ish. I think Blizzard is focusing a bit too much on end game. They mustn't forget that many people like to reroll OR there are just new people starting the game as Blood Elf/Draenei or one of the original races. Having to put up with Azeroth leveling after experiencing Outland will make you go crazy. I think the largest number of alts that aren't being used are in the 35-50 range... where leveling involves flying from one zone to another to complete ONE yellow quest. :/

Yeah I hate that leveling area. Even to an extent 50-58 is bad because there aren't really any 'defining' places to quest at during those levels. Mostly quests are a few here and a few there.

I actualy nearly completed ST with a group yesterday. We finished off the undead bosses and then our lock had to go so we called it quits. (it was a lower level group around 49-50's and we had a ret paladin healing).

Thing is though is finding a tank thats decent enough to hold agro. I can sit there spamming feint like crazy on my rogue whenever its up and still pull agro like a mother *. Ah well.. at least this tank had an excuse (he had a broken arm LOL.)

Oh and grouping with friends is great in instances. Rikus was the leader and near the end of the instance the tank whispers rikus saying something like "lets replace Cyrant with (lvl 55 warrior here)." :lol:

Rikus told me so a little later I whispered the warrior:

"I'm a bit more useful than a 55 warrior mate".