The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

I think the Panda excuse is really just a huge simplicifcation. Instead of listing the problems WoW has, they summarize it with the core of the new expansion: pandas. I know I have.

there's lots of no-life kids who'll own you because they have the time to grind. It's not just in WoW, it's in every MMO unfortunately.

I don't mind it if it was just simply being owned, but they make it stupid like throwing a "L2P" or "Go play a frost mage" or something ridiculous like that. They grind so they can make life miserable and making it known.

Oh, and the whole player 'community' has started really gotten downhill since the Rfd system was implemented, I understand that they wanted to make gear as accessible as possible without having to continuously trying to put people together, but the way they implemented it ended up having the worst side of both having completely seperate servers and cross server services: Anonymity. IE you could act as a total ass and no one would be able to know who you are, because chances are you will be on different servers. If I got 1c for every time a person leaves when they die, they wipe once, the healer couldn't keep up with the tank pulling 50 trash, or just simply when the they have more health than the tank, i'd probably be gold capped on my account.

It, thus, have been down to a very outraging, but accurate rule of thumb when it comes to gearing in HC's: if you need gear from HC's, you are not geared for HC's.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

MOP is an amazing xpac so far. Good questing, very nice changes made all around, interesting mechanics, FUN RAIDS.

Anyone here a raider? I went back to Arms since its better DPS atm. Still staying in the top 20 warriors worldwide.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

What is the website for the state of the different DPS specs at the moment? I keep forgetting the one that was made after stateofdps stopped being updated for a couple of patches now :? .

While it doesn't exactly give a quick overview, you can probably figure out what's good and what's not over at Elitist Jerks.

Anyone here a raider? I went back to Arms since its better DPS atm. Still staying in the top 20 warriors worldwide.

Used to be pretty serious about raiding back in WotLK. Well, as far as 3x3 hours a week allowed, anyway. Did have a bunch of top-100 parses, though top-20 was typically out of reach for me. Suppose you really need to get the ideal professions and such to rank that highly. You got some raid parses around somewhere? I'd be interested in seeing the numbers these days. They're bound to be pretty crazy now that players have more hitpoints than bosses back in ZG used to have :P

What is the website for the state of the different DPS specs at the moment? I keep forgetting the one that was made after stateofdps stopped being updated for a couple of patches now :? .

While it doesn't exactly give a quick overview, you can probably figure out what's good and what's not over at Elitist Jerks.

Used to be pretty serious about raiding back in WotLK. Well, as far as 3x3 hours a week allowed, anyway. Did have a bunch of top-100 parses, though top-20 was typically out of reach for me. Suppose you really need to get the ideal professions and such to rank that highly. You got some raid parses around somewhere? I'd be interested in seeing the numbers these days. They're bound to be pretty crazy now that players have more hitpoints than bosses back in ZG used to have :P

1.) http://simulationcraft.org/505/Raid_T14H.html is one place to check, but that's off because its on a raid dummy instead of a real fight. Still, shows a good idea (Example, arms warriors should be in the top 3-4 DPS instead of midway down.) Also try http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10N/100/14/30/default/ but this is also off, since many people in the top guilds are either not going for top DPS at the moment (to beat raid mechanics) or are keeping logs private.

2,) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xwdiwvh6s9yhyjz2/sum/damageDone/?s=3379&e=3727#Darkfriend from here you can check logs from our other fights, etc.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Wish I had more time on my hands to enjoy the xpac. So far I really like the leveling especially the questing. I'm completing every quest line for achievements, that's how good of quality they are. Only level 88 thus far but I'm hoping to be 90 by next weekend depending on work hours.

Low_C.png

[hide]

1.) http://simulationcra.../Raid_T14H.html is one place to check, but that's off because its on a raid dummy instead of a real fight. Still, shows a good idea (Example, arms warriors should be in the top 3-4 DPS instead of midway down.) Also try http://raidbots.com/.../14/30/default/ but this is also off, since many people in the top guilds are either not going for top DPS at the moment (to beat raid mechanics) or are keeping logs private.

2,) http://www.worldoflo...3727#Darkfriend from here you can check logs from our other fights, etc.

[/hide]

Kind of surprised that BM is the top Hunter spec right now, kind of saddened by the fact that hunters in general are in a bad position damage wise on a dummy. At least mobility is our strong point, which improves our position within actual raid fights tremendously.

22031_s.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I started again.

I was intrigued by an article stating that you could get raid quality gear at this timeless island.

Also, that there was an easy mode for raids and a dungeon and raid finding tool.

I like the lore and questing but like 90% of the storyline and 60% of the content was locked from me since the absurd hike in difficulty between world map and dungeons.

Anyhow, so far so much better.

Of course, the first thing I did was delete my level 75 shit ass rogue.

I went protection paladin.

It's OP, actually, it's a complete character and as far as I can tell the only one.

It has AOE damage, defense, and self healing that is consistent with incoming damage.

Instead of getting my ass handed to me, I am taking names.

I haven't tried PVP though.

It will probably suck there since you have to have some separate gear or some crap since there is this new resiliency stat.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

What realm you playing? I'm on Thrall and enjoying the new SoO content. You are right about the Timeless Isle gear it will catch you up fast to be able to participate in 5.4 raiding atleast with LFR. 

Low_C.png

Fizzcrank.

My goals are loremaster title, beat all dungeons and heroic versions once, maybe make a pet team to beat all the pet champions, and then LFR all the raids once.

I think the WOW end game is retarded.

You grind for purple crap and then it's like the quality of the green stuff in first zone of the next expansion.

Dungeon blues are good enough for me.

I never got into the whole gear fetish that blizzard loves like in diablo 3.

You beat the game once or twice and then it's boring ass.

I couldn't care less about bigger items or harder difficulty modes.

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Progression raiding is definitely more exciting than seeing the dumbed down LFR content. Of course, there is always a casual approach to any game, if you compared blue gear to Runescape it would be like walking around in rune armour and trying to Nex. There is always a hardcore crowd who strives to be the best. 

Low_C.png

To each his own.

That being said, this has to be the only RPG game ever where you wish you didn't level up.

If you don't level in dungeons then you don't accumulate gear to level in future dungeons.

In fact at level 80, I managed to level myself out of dungeon finder.

How?

Well it told me that I need 180 inventory level (lol blizzard) and I only had 175.

So what gear was below 180 you may ask?

Only two things, the trinkets.

Yeah that's right trinkets, the trinkets... holy shit....

What trinkets did I have?

Well, I had one that removed CC and one that gave me and extra melee attack.
Very nice and scale with level.

Did I find anything better in my travels up to 80, [bleep] no?

So, I had to buy something useless at the auction house just to get back into the dungeons only to get one shot because of the ridiculous difficulty spike from lich king to cataclysm in NORMAL DUNGEONS.

Good thing I'm only buying 1 month membership cards at a time.

When I hit a wall I'm out.

Golvellius.png

I do quests.

I end up 10 levels higher than zones I'm in.

I have to hurry and run dungeons to get gear for the dungeons I can play.

Now raid finder is the same BS.

I just can't understand how WOW can be so popular.

They can't even do the basics of role playing games right.

You have one level system.

Not two that [bleep]s you over at every turn.

Thank god I'm almost 90 and there is a cap.

Maybe I can train some pets or work on my professionals without leveling out of the game.

Golvellius.png

Quests should give you good enough gear to advance through levels, hell even dungeon quest rewards should keep your ilvl sufficient. WoW is based around total gear score. 

They do, but then you get the problem of people like me, I'm almost level 80 (I don't play that much) from dungeons and questing and in all honesty, I don't know anything a seasoned player would know. One of the reasons I try to avoid any group things outside of the dungeon queue, its gotta be frustrating, I also do not know half of the jargon that gets thrown around. :P

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Progressed to 8/14 Normal SoO raiding so far. Really enjoying progression raiding with a guild. I didn't think i would enjoy scheduled gameplay but we're only raiding 2 nights 3 hours a night with 3rd day tentative. 

Low_C.png

Timeless island was a disappointment.

It's balls hard.

Can't see how anybody thinks your supposed to get good gear from that unless you already have it.

However, that being said, I discovered PVP gear was damn good and easy to get.

It's a huge step up from what you can get in dungeons.

I made the mistake of buying some crap on the AH when I should have went straight to PVP.

It's definitely what you want to do after you hit 90.

Golvellius.png

you can easily outfit yrself in all the gear you need if you don't mind dying a few times.

run around the island a few times, picking up all the moss-covered chests you can find, get the three weekly chests (the one on the ropes, the one on the pillars, and the one at the very tippy top w/the crane statue. do yr best to not fight rares on yr own, most people will announce them in chat. get the one time chests in the cave w/zarhym, the two chests at the yaungol camps, the spelurk cave, etc.

the only mobs that should really give you trouble are the steam guys, the snakes and the second tier of yaungol dudes, all easily avoidable.

either save the coins you get for a weapon or use them opening up kukuru's chests for more gear and some burdens of eternity.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 3 months later...

Blizzard released the Pre-purchase for the next expansion Warlords of Draenor. If you pre-purchase for $49.99 you receive a level 90 character boost from level 1 that you can use as soon as you pay through the battle.net store. Those who wish to try out the game or return will be given a toon with 483 ilvl and you will be spawned on the timeless isle with artisan flying and the ability to jump strait into raiding. 

Low_C.png

...think it will be released in 4th quarter of 2014...the lvl 90 boost is somewhat pointless to existing players..but I guess it does make a fair incentive for people to try it out.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot