The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

I still don't think they should "tackle chinese lore" for the sake of tackling lores they haven't done. Why not push the Alliance-Horde conflict further? It's been in existence for Warcraft's entire history and it's remained stagnant up to Cataclysm...but even then it wasn't much of a change, politically.

But yeah, the players have become like RuneScapes which sucks. :thumbdown: I remember a time when you weren't judged by your gearscore or by your time of playing, but by the merits of your character. :razz:

Oh well, tis is why I don't play Cataclysm anymore.

Mists of Pandaria is an expansion dedicated to pretty much solely advancing the Alliance/Horde conflict.

Resubbed for Patch 4.3 with some friends, enjoying it so far, picked up the Annual Pass, too.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't think they should "tackle chinese lore" for the sake of tackling lores they haven't done. Why not push the Alliance-Horde conflict further? It's been in existence for Warcraft's entire history and it's remained stagnant up to Cataclysm...but even then it wasn't much of a change, politically.

But yeah, the players have become like RuneScapes which sucks. :thumbdown: I remember a time when you weren't judged by your gearscore or by your time of playing, but by the merits of your character. :razz:

Oh well, tis is why I don't play Cataclysm anymore.

Mists of Pandaria is an expansion dedicated to pretty much solely advancing the Alliance/Horde conflict.

Resubbed for Patch 4.3 with some friends, enjoying it so far, picked up the Annual Pass, too.

To support that...

The new continent reveals itself to a broken world just as the Alliance and Horde are spiraling ever closer to a war that will consume all of Azeroth. Will the mists of Pandaria part to reveal the world's salvation? Or will the battle to control this rich and breathtaking new land push the two mighty factions over the brink of war and into total annihilation? The answers await within Pandaria's mysterious shores!

source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/

While I still find this expansion cheesy, I have come to terms with the idea of a new expansion, however Blizzard won't get my money because I find I am a bit burned out.

22031_s.gif

But that's the thing. Why does Pandaria have to be the crisis point? Lordaeron still remains in Horde and undead hands. The Alliance threatens the homeland of the Horde more and more.

So we fight over Pandaria. Wonderful. I still think Blizzards running out of ideas and clings onto a zone system used to hell.

What Blizzard should of done:

Add more lore-friendly lands: Kul'tiras, more south isles, Undermine, more spaces in Kalmdor.

Story-driven quests: they put a lot of effort for th goblin/worgen starting areas they couldn't do them for end-game? Another Isle of Quel'danas would be nice. These could further the Alliance-Horde plot within Azeroth/Kalimdor.

Raids: more of them, different variety, keep the difficulty factor

Basically more end-game updates other than raiding and pvp. Its a thing they should of done for Cata, but they stuck with the end-game villian idea and didn't update it enough.

Updates I think are really needed as a game's expansion goes on.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

But that's the thing. Why does Pandaria have to be the crisis point? Lordaeron still remains in Horde and undead hands. The Alliance threatens the homeland of the Horde more and more.

So we fight over Pandaria. Wonderful. I still think Blizzards running out of ideas and clings onto a zone system used to hell.

What Blizzard should of done:

Add more lore-friendly lands: Kul'tiras, more south isles, Undermine, more spaces in Kalmdor.

Story-driven quests: they put a lot of effort for th goblin/worgen starting areas they couldn't do them for end-game? Another Isle of Quel'danas would be nice. These could further the Alliance-Horde plot within Azeroth/Kalimdor.

Raids: more of them, different variety, keep the difficulty factor

Basically more end-game updates other than raiding and pvp. Its a thing they should of done for Cata, but they stuck with the end-game villian idea and didn't update it enough.

Updates I think are really needed as a game's expansion goes on.

[bit of spoilers if you don't follow WoW news below]

While I agree with you, word is around town that there will be a a bit of conflict in Kalimdor and maybe Eastern Kingdoms, all we know so far is that Theramore is being destroyed.

22031_s.gif

The problem about expanding the Alliance/Horde conflict is that neither one is allowed to win. It'll just be more quest strings of collecting resources and killing outside members who would possibly get in the way when the other side is doing the exact same thing.

That's what I like about Cataclysm. It brought a lot more story to Azeroth and expanded the Alliance/Horde conflict without all of the focus being on just the conflict. That is of course if you've bothere to create a new character or go back and quest.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

blizzard getting desperate huh? so much commercials for this game again.

tbh i'm glad it's dying. the devs stubbornness to fix things because of "class design" even though it breaks the class is just too idiotic for me.which they're now okay with changing because they're losing so much subs. too late lol.

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd bump this with Blizzard's new Scroll of Resurrection feature:

The Scroll of Resurrection is currently on cooldown' date=' but will be resurrected soon. Once its available, you will be able to earn a free faction mount when you use a Scroll of Resurrection to bring a friend or former guildmate back to World of Warcraft, but this offer will only be available for a limited time. Any active World of Warcraft non-trial player can send a Scroll of Resurrection. To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have previously purchased at least one month of game time at any point in the past, and your friends account must have been inactive since March 4, 2012 or earlier.

Once your friend accepts your scroll and pays for at least 30 days of game, you unlock your choice of the following rewards:

A Free Spectral Gryphon for an Alliance character

Or a Free Spectral Wind Rider for a Horde character

And, to enable you and your friend to play together in Cataclysms newest content, any friend who accepts your Scroll will also receive the following epic benefits:

A single character immediately boosted all the way to level 80 -- DING!

A FREE upgrade to Cataclysm -- regardless of your friends original box level

An optional FREE character move -- to your realm and faction so you can play together

7 FREE days of game time -- available immediately

A few other prerequisites apply -- such as a free upgrade to a Battle.net account for players who havent played since 2009 or earlier -- so be sure to check out the FAQ below for full eligibility details.

Well provide an update once the Scroll of Resurrection is ready to be cast on your friends. Keep an eye on the World of Warcraft official Community site for more information.[/quote']

Mainly posting it in case anyone is interested in an invitation, because I'm a giant mount [bleep] and would like the Wyvern. If you are interested, send me a PM.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 2 weeks later...

MIST beta is out, or at least the beta client is.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• 4 weeks later...

Does no one here play WOW anymore? That's sad :(

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• 2 months later...

My guild is 5/8 Heroic now. Our progress is mainly slowed due to the fact that we're a low-population RP realm, meaning that most players are content to sit around in the Blue Recluse or the Pig and Whistle all day, if they even make it to 85. There are currently only five guilds on our realm that have even killed Madness of Deathwing on heroic. The end of expansion blues is definitely setting in. My main raiding characters:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-shatar/Branin/advanced - My main, protection/retribution paladin, and off tank to the guild's raiding team.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-shatar/Brenwan/advanced - My resto/elemental shaman, mostly used in pug/alt raids.

Other than raiding, my main activity in the game right now is soloing old content, mainly for the large gold drops. In the course of the week I usually solo all of T1, T2 if I can find someone to help me with Razorgore, Magtheridon, all of Serpentshrine Cavern except for Karathress and Vashj, all of The Eye except for Kael'thas, and all of Sunwell Plateau except for Kalecgos. The latter is probably the only truly challenging one. All in all it adds up to about three thousand gold a week. Not enough to gold cap any time soon, but enough to make a comfortable living and to have a nice buffer for when MoP comes out. I also recently built my own chopper off the gold I made.

Your realm still has nearly twice my realm's score :cry: .

Really tempted to start playing again, but I feel like I might just play for two months again, where I spend 6/8 weeks trying to get my raiding spot back.

22031_s.gif

So do rogues still suck?

I used to have a level 75 that couldn't beat a level 20 hobo elf who lives in a cardboard house with a paper sack over his head as long as his name was gold embroidered at the top of the screen.

I would have enjoyed the game more if I had made him a twink at 59 (or 60 cant remember the cutoff for the purple gear).

But, I screwed up and it didn't matter because they kicked twinks out of general bgs anyway from what i remember.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Rogues are easily the most powerful PvE class now, by virtue of having their own set of legendary daggers. The quest chain to get them starts with a pair that's basically on par with normal T13 weapons (ilevel 397). After that they only get better. They're awesome in PvP too.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, obviously the trailer will look incredible. Unfortunately that doesn't fix the problems caused by the fact that the game engine is well over a decade old. Still, stoked for Mists of Pandaria. It's going to be really interesting to see how the new system of daily quests changes the end game, and of course how the legendary questline plays out. Still, so many small changes (like the VP farming buff) that I'm stoked about.

I'm still astounded at how good Blizzard is at making cinematics. What they make is, without a doubt, the best cinematics I've ever seen. Their Diablo 3 and WoW cinematics have all been visually complex and stunning.

That being said, I prefer the Lich King trailer better.

22031_s.gif

• 2 weeks later...

On the first lockout after patch 5.0.4 and account-wide mounts, the WoW gods saw fit to grace me with Reins of the Blazing Drake - the normal mode Deathwing mount. Unfortunately it dropped on my shaman, so I'll have to scrape together 4k gold to buy the required riding skill before I can add it to my collection.

• 3 weeks later...

So, no excitement for MoP at all? I queued for my first dungeon the moment it came out, then promptly got DC'd at the loading screen. An hour later I still hadn't gotten in, so I gave up and went to sleep. Hopefully I'll have more luck after class. For the first two weeks I'll be focusing entirely on getting my paladin ready for raiding: level 90 and professions (mining/engineering), reputation and VP/JP gear. Sorting out the relevant reputation factions and getting the daily quests done will probably be the most annoying part. Still, looking forward to it.

WoW died for me when they introduced Kung Fu Panda and Pokemon into it, I won't be returning, ever, unfortunately. Had Pandas been not a playable class, and had they had a completely different pet system, I would have gave it a chance.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

WoW died for me when they introduced Kung Fu Panda and Pokemon into it, I won't be returning, ever, unfortunately. Had Pandas been not a playable class, and had they had a completely different pet system, I would have gave it a chance.

People still [bleep] about pandas that are proficient in martial arts? Great, I won't hear the end of this.

Personally, I'd *want* to start playing WoW again, but I find there are better things on the market these days, and a lot less time for me to work with. Also, I can't get over the fact that Blizzard has been saying "This is for real guys! And it's serious!" and yet add in humourous moments from the get go (i.e. the cinematic).

22031_s.gif

I think the Panda excuse is really just a huge simplicifcation. Instead of listing the problems WoW has, they summarize it with the core of the new expansion: pandas. I know I have.

The reason why I don't play WoW anymore is because gear plays way too much of a part of it. In PvP I'd always get steamrolled because everybody had Wrath pieces or full Wrathful honor gear (last time I played was the end of WotLK). With Cata it just got even worse and I can't see it being better in MoP.

Plus, lets face it, the story and atmosphere has gone quite downhill since Wrath - some even say the end of WC3. But this is why I'm more of a single-player RPG gamer, rather than an MMO: more concrete story and less annoying players: there's lots of no-life kids who'll own you because they have the time to grind. It's not just in WoW, it's in every MMO unfortunately.

So instead of saying all that, plus more reasons, I simplify it into "I don't like the panda concept" and get on with my day.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg