The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

2 hours of whiping on Halfus :/

We got whelps/100% enrage dragon/interruptable shadowblast thingy dragon

You guys know a good strategy?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ended up spending part of my 12000g or so on the full crafted PvP armor. 1400 resil and about to be near 2000 when I get honor shoulders.

Grats :D

73 on the lock still, starting to get bored :(

70-80 sucks balls, I'll tell you that much.

Yeah it's slow as hell. Got 70 like two weeks ago :(

I keep moving to higher zones thinking "yay more xp quests" - get there, GO BRING ME 10 ITEM FROM NPC THAT DROPS 1/20, I GIVE 16K XP

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Borean Tundra

Dragonblight

Zul'Grub

Icecrown if you haven't done it on another character, else Storm Peaks

Is my questing path.

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I swear crit is bad for all level 85's...I have like 10% on my pally...I was at almost 40% with ICC gear end wotlk..

Derp.

Crit is still good, it's just harder to get to that amount of crit because if you think about it, most of your gear will contain hit, where as at ICC maybe 2 or 3 pieces had it and you were capped.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I swear crit is bad for all level 85's...I have like 10% on my pally...I was at almost 40% with ICC gear end wotlk..

We now have about 20 iLevels more on our gear than we had right after dinging 85. In ICC heroic gear you had 90 iLevels "extra".

Retired

I have exactly 20% crit right now on my hunter. Besides agility and hit (which are givens as being good), crit is the next best thing for our only viable dps spec (Survival). Haste varies too wildly,and is only useful once you get enough to be able to hit more shots between explosive shots, and mastery only affects around 70% of our damage. Mastery only beats crit at around 44% crit, I believe.

Did my first Cata raid yesterday. Recently changed guilds seeing that my old one died, and this new one only has around 7 active level 85's, however we are damn good at our specs. Did Magmaw yesterday with most of the raid pugged, and somehow defeated him. We had everyone to one side of magmaw, and the tank on his other side, then me outside dodging the pillars of fire, and then half kiting them, half killing the parasites (did the most aoe dps, aggroing all of them), we barely killed the parasites quicly enough for the next spawn, but we still beat magmaw after 8 minutes. Got top DPS even though I barely ever attacked Magmaw when he was impaled (was too busy killing parasites). I got a new pair of pants out of that, so I R HAPPY. We then failed miserably at ODS, but we only gave it three shots.

Oh, and finding a leatherworker is a PAIN, spent 3 days finding a damn lwer who was willing to make me a belt, and spent a total of 4k gold on it with tips :unsure:

22031_s.gif

Pretty much been screwing around in Heroics. In Halls of Origination, we were pretty much seeing how far we could pull the bosses out of their rooms and stuff, we ended up tanking most of the trash from those four bosses up top at the same time on the elevator for fun. In Lost City we managed to get ourselves punted out of the map by Barim, which was hilarious, since we were just kiting that phoenix around outside. Next time we're going to try and get ourselves punted up onto Siamat's platform so we can fight him before he shatters it. : D

Fun stuff.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Derp.

Crit is still good, it's just harder to get to that amount of crit because if you think about it, most of your gear will contain hit, where as at ICC maybe 2 or 3 pieces had it and you were capped.

Yeah I started playing once guilds had already cleared ICC so I went right into that gear. Good point.

We now have about 20 iLevels more on our gear than we had right after dinging 85. In ICC heroic gear you had 90 iLevels "extra".

Same as above.

polvCwJ.gif

Finally found a guild that's organised and actually has raids going on :) Wednesday my first proper raid, if we manage to down 2 bosses (should be easy with Argaloth included) I have enough VP for my first tier item (chest).

Retired

That 73k/41k at around the 2minute mark... Jesus Christ what was that. o_o The music in a lot of PvP videos makes me sad though. Sometimes I just wish they wouldn't play anything. ._.

That whole video is just hilarious.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

3/12 now. We even got the Magmaw achievement cuz we're pro like that.

Retired

Found out a #1 2v2 Team (H Pal/DK) runs a frost DK today. Made me pretty happy as I thought I was crazy for thinking frost was better than Unholy.

Still have this stupid gear grind to go through. Up to 2500 resil now. Next Tuesday I'll get my epic 2H sword.

Now that we're starting to get our comp figured out its working well aside for against a few teams. Got hot streak the other day. (10 wins in a row). Just switched my spec a bit too to match that frost DK, mostly just means putting some more points in blood for a 1 min strangulate silence. (down from 2minutes). Considering its a 5 second silence (7 if they are casting) it should be nice.

Found out a #1 2v2 Team (H Pal/DK) runs a frost DK today. Made me pretty happy as I thought I was crazy for thinking frost was better than Unholy.

Still have this stupid gear grind to go through. Up to 2500 resil now. Next Tuesday I'll get my epic 2H sword.

Now that we're starting to get our comp figured out its working well aside for against a few teams. Got hot streak the other day. (10 wins in a row). Just switched my spec a bit too to match that frost DK, mostly just means putting some more points in blood for a 1 min strangulate silence. (down from 2minutes). Considering its a 5 second silence (7 if they are casting) it should be nice.

That sounds really obvious to me:p Silence=good

Herbalism is just awful in cata zones. I dropped my mining for herbalism to gather herbs for alchemy (I' dropping herb for that after) and it's really fast until you get to Cata zones. Fifteen minutes got me like 5 herbs. And that's in Vashj'ir which is probably the least farmed zone of them all. I'm just going to sell northrend herbs and buy my cata ones with that money. Being able to supply my raid with a guild cauldron will be nice though.

Retired

For Herbalism there's one place in Deepholm where I went from like 475 to 525 in about 10 minutes :P. Then Twilight Highlands was really awesome for herbs too.

Then again, this was on the first day and I was ahead of everyone so the zones were empty.

Cata herbs are overfarmed and botted atm :)

Retired

Cata herbalism would be fine if there wern't underground bots and phasing issues. I just can't gather in twilight highlands, over half the herbs you find are phased out.

Vashj'ir has given me the best luck for herbs.

520 Inscription on my DK atm. Decided last night I wanted a profession, went with inscription so I wouldn't have to rep grind for shoulder enchant lol. Just stuck gathering mats for 520-525 now, I've blown way too much gold on this lol. (like 7k-8k). Sadly that was with my lock also gathering for me.

I decided to get engineering 1-525 second week of cata, cost me a fortune:p Now I got alchemy at 425 with no herbalism, going to be a pain.

Retired

Okays so I got Cata for the hell of it and I don't want to read endless pages of pages of new stuff. In a nutshell, what things have changed in this new expansion my TIF friends?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Okays so I got Cata for the hell of it and I don't want to read endless pages of pages of new stuff. In a nutshell, what things have changed in this new expansion my TIF friends?

Mastery :P

Are you brining up a class from 80? Or starting over? If you start over it's self explanatory, if you're starting from 80 let someone with specific class knowledge tell you :P

polvCwJ.gif

Mastery :P

Are you brining up a class from 80? Or starting over? If you start over it's self explanatory, if you're starting from 80 let someone with specific class knowledge tell you :P

Lets start with my beloved level 80 holy paladin. What nerfs or buffs has he got? :ohnoes:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

You actually get more than one usable heal now :P.

You have Flash of Light, Holy Light and Divine Light as your main 3 heals. Then you have Holy Shock as an instant heal, Holy Radiance as an AoE HoT. There's a new mechanic for paladins called Holy Power which you get for certain things, sort of like combo points for rogues etc. Holy Shock gets you one and casting either Flash of Light or Divine Light on a beaconed target gets you one too (and there's a few other ways of getting them too). These points (up to 3) can then be used on abilities, there's two heals you can use them on. Word of Glory and Something else I can't remember the name of :P

Flash of Light - Fast, expensive, inefficient heal.

Holy Light - Middle Heal, cheap, heals a decent amount. This'll be your "spam" heal. Heals about the same as flash of light but uses less mana and takes longer to cast pretty much (mana actually matters now)

Divine Light - Expensive big Heal, same cast time as holy light, heals a lot but eats up mana quickly.

Holy Shock - Instant heal, fairly useful especially as it gives you holy power and heals a decent amount without being too costly.

Holy Radiance - An AoE Heal, a heal will pulsate out of you healing all targets within (8?) yard of you for x amount every second for (8?) seconds

Word of Glory - Instant Heal, uses holy power (only really want to use it when you have all 3 holy power).

Other heal that's name slips my mind at the moment - Instant Heal, targets a cone in front of the paladin healing x amount of people.

All classes has a Mastery now along with a Mastery stat which increased the effectivness of the mastery. For Holy Paladin your mastery puts a shield on the target for each direct heal for 10% at base (I believe) of the amount healed. (So if you heal for 10k, it'll put a 1k shield on them). Putting more points into mastery will increase the % of the shield.

Uhh, that's about it. I've not messed around with holy enough really, healed a few heroics and things but am mainly prot atm :P.