The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

After a month of no progress because of guild drama (and people not showing up) I am now raidleader (lol) and we are close to getting a new core team. Because some people haven't done any cata progress at all we wiped for 3 hours on Omnitron. Sigh.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a month of no progress because of guild drama (and people not showing up) I am now raidleader (lol) and we are close to getting a new core team. Because some people haven't done any cata progress at all we wiped for 3 hours on Omnitron. Sigh.

(necro time before it's too late)

I got it even worse. Spent the past 3 weeks wiping on Magmaw now that my guild decided to raid. Before that, we had a few guildies who worked as mercenaries for other guilds.

Personally, I'm 2/12 normal so far. Halfus and Magmaw down, almost had ODS and Conclave down, but 7 hours of wiping on the same boss gets to you after a while.

22031_s.gif

I quit, nothing to do outside raiding and our guild fell apart. There were like 3 other people who could play well and the rest just kept failing on dumb stuff. Too frustrating for me. Omnitron should be doable in one night and should be farm mode from there on but people just kept hitting the shields etc.

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I'm at sort of the other end of the spectrum to you guys. Guild is 6/13 HC and we are facing a brick wall of Ascendant Council HC. We can do it, we've got to P3 enough times, it's just getting that perfect try. We still don't have CoW HC or Omnitron HC down and this is because we wanted server first of Ascendant Council HC. However, the GM is getting pissed off that we can't kill it because of people with lack of focus and such and everyone in the guild is worried that if he goes, so will the guild. Which is pretty much true. We are such a tight-nit group and it would suck if if raiding stopped, that's the only reason most of us still play.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seriously played WoW in at least a month or two. Just doesn't appeal to me anymore I guess when endgame comes. I spend so much time and care leveling my character to reach endgame, and it honestly feels like everything halts and the game becomes so much more slow and boring. I seriously hate grinding dungeons for gear, you have to spend so much time to compete with everyone already at the level cap. I might roll another character from the start and see if it does anything for me, idk.

I only come online during raid times, since flasks and food are provided with the feasts and cauldrons and we get guild repairs, I have no other reason to come online outside of raid times.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

• 2 months later...

Dead topic is dead, 4.2 today/tomorrow. Woo...

Firelands, won't do it.

Previous raids nerfed, won't do them.

Quit Cataclysm to twink 80's and do Wrath content again. Working on Herald of the Titans.

I miss faceroll puggable content.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

• 2 weeks later...

Not coming back for 4.2 either :P

Retired

Was curious as to how the world changed, so I'm back into playing a little, though it'll be a lot more casual than during WotLK. Figured I'd try my luck at a few rare mounts I was still missing. For some reason they all dropped in a two-day span, hah :P

[hide=big image]7O3lt.jpg[/hide]

Was curious as to how the world changed, so I'm back into playing a little, though it'll be a lot more casual than during WotLK. Figured I'd try my luck at a few rare mounts I was still missing. For some reason they all dropped in a two-day span, hah :P

[hide=big image]7O3lt.jpg[/hide]

I hate you and your fiery warhorse -.- . Damn thing never drops for me.

22031_s.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Just starting to play again after quitting for a year.. I'm starting anew since hunters got the crap end of the stick, so wondering what class should I roll out?

I rolled a Shaman for the purpose of checking out the new Goblin starting area and the revamped Azshara. Had a blast wrecking stuff as Enhancement. Still, just about every class is pretty friendly to start out with. Just go with something you think you'll enjoy ^^

Just starting to play again after quitting for a year.. I'm starting anew since hunters got the crap end of the stick, so wondering what class should I roll out?

I rolled a Shaman for the purpose of checking out the new Goblin starting area and the revamped Azshara. Had a blast wrecking stuff as Enhancement. Still, just about every class is pretty friendly to start out with. Just go with something you think you'll enjoy ^^

How are hunters end game?

GG.gif

PvE wise, Marks is doing pretty good, even after the nerf to Careful Aim; Survival is going down the drain slowly but surely because of its bad scaling; and BM is going to go to hell because of the usual pet problems. BM has actually been nerfed because a bug was fixed in which pets would reset their focus back to 100 whenever their stats were changed (e.g. when trinkets proc). This accidentally nerfed Wild Hunt into oblivion. Even with this, BM and Survival are still viable for raiding, but MM is better.

The recent pet stance change wreaked havoc with pet management because it was not needed. I have also heard reports of pets dieing to AoE way too often in Firelands because the AoE spells done by the trash mobs seems to circumvent the AoE dmg reduction of hunter pets.

As for PvP: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2913171659 and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721383344 . Yeah <_<

Right now, I'd much rather roll a frost mage. I remember getting one to 40 before I quit, kiting is much more fun on a mage than on a hunter because you can afford to let the target close once in a while.

22031_s.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I killded thread?

Well, 4.3 sounds like it will be interesting, but I am a bit worried that Deathwing will be killed too son.

As for Firelands, did my first FL raid yesterday. Came back to WoW three weeks ago, and joined another guild where most of my old one migrated to. I've also played my warrior more often now, and I find I enjoy cleaving everything in the vicinity. When I joined this new guild, we had two full raid groups, so there was no space for me in them. However, I got to replace the other hunter yesterday on Majordomo, and proceeded to top the charts. Funny how my first FL kill is the penultimate boss.

22031_s.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I personally play a hunter endgame (3/7 H almost having 4 and 5 down) and they're a great asset to a raid. They bring very viable dps, along with mobility and insane AoE. The only real problem you face in raids is minimum range and pet dying, but I believe blizzard's working on that.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Trape/advanced

armory for refrence

• 1 month later...

So, I just started a new trial account, which I'll upgrade to a full account somewhere next week. The reason I'm telling you this is because I'm willing to give the first person playing on an EU server to reply to this the chance to be my recruit-a-friend friend. While I probably won't end up playing on the same realm as you, I'll be happy to create a dummy character on your realm just to get you a free X-53 Touring Rocket. Long story short: First WoW player with an EU account that replies to this post gets a free unique flying mount.

So, I just started a new trial account, which I'll upgrade to a full account somewhere next week. The reason I'm telling you this is because I'm willing to give the first person playing on an EU server to reply to this the chance to be my recruit-a-friend friend. While I probably won't end up playing on the same realm as you, I'll be happy to create a dummy character on your realm just to get you a free X-53 Touring Rocket. Long story short: First WoW player with an EU account that replies to this post gets a free unique flying mount.

PM me your email

Nevermind, I need an active account to recruit a friend, oh well.

Oh well, the offer still stands. Anyway, did level 15-20 on my trial account this afternoon. Fortunately the tanking mechanics came back to me pretty quickly, although it's still going to be tricky without Consecration. I guess I'll work on maxing out my professions until Wednesday.

~edit: It was picked up by an RL friend.

• 3 weeks later...

Wait, what? New expansion announced? With the main focus on pandaren?! :lol:

I'm sorry, I can't take it seriously anymore. All the lore was exhausted after the defeat of the Lich King, I knew once I reached lvl 80 the game would never have the same story ever again (and important part why I bothered with the game). The shattering? Really pushing it. Adding another plane of existence? Enough is enough. Also there doesn't seem to be a principle villain here...? Game over, sorry. =D>

Maybe I'm being too harsh? But eh, WoW's time was up a while back and this is it. The end of WoW people joked so on about. :lol: At least the end of any GOOD Warcraft lore-established game setting.

Edited by obfuscator
removed quote of removed post

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

So I started playing again yesterday. Started from scratch with a Troll enhancement shaman and got to level 18 in a day. When I get more money then I'll actually resub and buy Cataclysm, but so far I've been having fun.

MoP doesn't sound too great so if I'm still playing by then I'll probably buy it but I'm not going to be a panda anything.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I am not going to bother with MoP, I find the entire concept of the content ridiculous, no matter how serious they try to make it out to be. Kung Fu Panda is a comedy, and making serious out of comedic origin just fails, especially when you are trying to incorporate something that is Eastern, and coupled with the fact that Kung Fu Panda wasn't written or made by us.

Plus, the game has gone ridiculously downhill since the release of Cataclysm, most raiding guilds on our server, including what used to be our server's top guild, disbanded because there wasn't enough interested in raiding in Cataclysm. Random Heroics (especially the ZG/ZA) have grown very hostile towards new players. One wipe could mean the entire group leaving and someone shouting out 'read the tactics noob' or similar effect. My RL friends also switched servers. Considering I had 5 level 85's, I decided I wasn't going to switch with them (the entirety of Team 1 was moving, which means, if I switched, I wouldn't have a raid spot anyway).

I had held respect for WoW because it was one of the few MMORPG games where level didn't come ridiculously hard (like most other MMORPG's), and that most of the top quality gear was untradeable (curse and blessing at the same time), but now it's filled with intolerant people whom I have difficulty in interacting with properly.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I am not going to bother with MoP, I find the entire concept of the content ridiculous, no matter how serious they try to make it out to be. Kung Fu Panda is a comedy, and making serious out of comedic origin just fails, especially when you are trying to incorporate something that is Eastern, and coupled with the fact that Kung Fu Panda wasn't written or made by us.

Plus, the game has gone ridiculously downhill since the release of Cataclysm, most raiding guilds on our server, including what used to be our server's top guild, disbanded because there wasn't enough interested in raiding in Cataclysm. Random Heroics (especially the ZG/ZA) have grown very hostile towards new players. One wipe could mean the entire group leaving and someone shouting out 'read the tactics noob' or similar effect. My RL friends also switched servers. Considering I had 5 level 85's, I decided I wasn't going to switch with them (the entirety of Team 1 was moving, which means, if I switched, I wouldn't have a raid spot anyway).

I had held respect for WoW because it was one of the few MMORPG games where level didn't come ridiculously hard (like most other MMORPG's), and that most of the top quality gear was untradeable (curse and blessing at the same time), but now it's filled with intolerant people whom I have difficulty in interacting with properly.

Pandaren existed before Kung Fu Panda (since Warcraft 2). I believe Blizz when they said that adding Pandaren into the game was something that was long overdue and that people wanted (I did).

Besides, they have yet to tackle Chinese lore. They've already done Norse and Egyptian.

22031_s.gif

I still don't think they should "tackle chinese lore" for the sake of tackling lores they haven't done. Why not push the Alliance-Horde conflict further? It's been in existence for Warcraft's entire history and it's remained stagnant up to Cataclysm...but even then it wasn't much of a change, politically.

But yeah, the players have become like RuneScapes which sucks. :thumbdown: I remember a time when you weren't judged by your gearscore or by your time of playing, but by the merits of your character. :razz:

Oh well, tis is why I don't play Cataclysm anymore.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg