The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6/12 now, sunday we're going to do the ascendant council. Then we're extending the lockout to get some tries on cho'gal :thumbsup: .

7/12 Cho'gall is going downnnn on tuesday :mrgreen:

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

My guild is 9/12 (10 man guild), got some solid attempts on Cho'gall, but we could only bring him down to about 3.3-3.8m hp if I remember correctly. Either our dps is not enough or it seems hard for heals to keep up at that point. Seems like we just need to get a good run where everyone's corruption isn't sky high. If one person's corruption isn't high, some others have it, so it gets annoying. People need to dodge shadow crashes and kite the bloods more =p.

Does anyone else here play a hunter in PvP? I'm so dismayed by how they've turned out this expansion. I mean, really, couldn't we get buffed just a little? I miss the WotLK hunter style so much that I'm thinking of joining a private server. If hunters aren't fixed by 4.1, and I mean genuinely fixed, then I'm going to have to quit WoW.

never bought cata because of the changes they made. people said "they'll fix it blah blah blah"

i laughed and just quit

My guild is 9/12 (10 man guild), got some solid attempts on Cho'gall, but we could only bring him down to about 3.3-3.8m hp if I remember correctly. Either our dps is not enough or it seems hard for heals to keep up at that point. Seems like we just need to get a good run where everyone's corruption isn't sky high. If one person's corruption isn't high, some others have it, so it gets annoying. People need to dodge shadow crashes and kite the bloods more =p.

I'll give you my thoughts on the fight once I've actually done it :shades:

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Yea I heard that a lot of heroic fights have that issue. I'm hoping for fixes by the time we get to heroic modes. Also tweaks to 10 man heroics because they are apparantly way harder.

Retired

Yea I heard that a lot of heroic fights have that issue. I'm hoping for fixes by the time we get to heroic modes. Also tweaks to 10 man heroics because they are apparantly way harder.

Indeed they are harder apart from a couple. Atramedes and Al'Akir. Doesn't help that our holy paladin still has 7 blues and our fury warrior has 8 blues. Yet our restoration shaman is fully decked out in gear for all 3 specs. All we get is mail loot. Our hunter was best geared on the server until he couldn't raid anymore.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Yeah, my sub's run out too. I just cannot get past the Hellfire Peninsula quests; they are absolutely abysmal in terms of being, oh I don't know, remotely goddamn fun? Especially coming from the new quests in Azeroth, the difference in quality is so monumental it's depressing. And I know it doesn't get any better until Nagrand, so I just can't be bothered. Might return if some RL friends start playing again.

2009rb9.jpg

How are HP quests so different from Nagrand ones?

Anywho because the goddamn login servers went offline no raiding tonight <_< .

Retired

How are HP quests so different from Nagrand ones?

Anywho because the goddamn login servers went offline no raiding tonight <_< .

Haha, admittedly it's been 4 years since I last quested in Outlands, I just remember it was the first (and only) zone in Outlands I genuinely liked. The quests probably weren't much different, I'm just a sucker for lush and green landscapes I guess!

2009rb9.jpg

Well Hellfire looks atrocious I agree :thumbsup: . My favourite zone in Outland is Nagrad it looks really nice.

This is me by the way.

Retired

Nice progress :shades: . We've had some recruitment issues at the start of cata so we're lagging behind a bit. Why are you reforging crit away? I always thought crit was important for fire mages. Although reaching the hit cap first makes sence.

For us pallies it's all about mastery and keeping dodge/parry around the same %. Easy :mrgreen: .

Retired

Nice progress :shades: . We've had some recruitment issues at the start of cata so we're lagging behind a bit. Why are you reforging crit away? I always thought crit was important for fire mages. Although reaching the hit cap first makes sence.

For us pallies it's all about mastery and keeping dodge/parry around the same %. Easy :mrgreen: .

Mages are broken, there is ignite munching.

Say I crit for 40k, my ignite will tick for 5k damage for 4 seconds, then my living bomb tick crits for 4k. Instead of stacking together to have an ignite ticking for 5.1k, it just overwrites it.

Haste > Crit >= Mastery

We've had roster issues too, I joined the guild while the progression was 5/12 because a DK left. Then we got hunter loot only for the best part of 8 weeks. Our restoration shaman has the best restoration gear for the whole server, and he is the best geared enhancement shaman, and elemental shaman also. Yet our holy paladin has 7 blues, fury warrior 6 blues etc.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

And this thread is on a Runescape fansite because...

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

And this thread is on a Runescape fansite because...

This is the video games subforum of the offtopic forum.

@ca2theone:

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Ignite munching

Since the design of Ignite doesn’t allow us to resolve munching (defined as multiple simultaneous crits that fail to properly proc Ignite) directly, we’re thinking about a solution that would instead prevent Ignite from proc’ing on periodic crits. This might be a minor dps loss, but possibly no dps loss at all since it would stop most cases of munching. If it turned out to be a dps loss, we could compensate for it elsewhere. You're likely to see some experimenting in future patch PTRs. This is a pretty good example of something we can't hotfix, or rather wouldn't try. It’s the kind of change that would likely have unpredictable side-effects. (Source)

This was on MMOC a couple of days ago. I don't know anything about fire mages other than that they crit a lot and slow magmaw parasites though :mrgreen: .

Also 4.1 is on the PTR. ZG and ZA are coming back, Ragnaros as well of course and a lot more stuff I'm going to read now.

EDIT: HOLY [cabbage] RAGNAROS HAS LEGS

Retired

4.1 looks interesting. Staghelm as a boss. Ragnaros looks pretty awful, Blizzard seems to be continuing the trend of giving NPCs tiny tiny heads. He kinda looks like he's in Paladin T1, which is fitting, I guess. It was necessary though, unless they were planning on having him stationary again like in MC. His massive smokewhirlwind thing would probably irritated melee DPS a lot (ha ha why would melee DPS be in raids). Looking forward to how ZG is going to play out, and whether they'll change the storyline/bosses of ZA.

Was in Arena last night, me on my Holy Paladin, friend on his Frost Death Knight, which is hilariously OP, even though he's pretty squishy. Came up against an ArmsWarr/HPaladin, and we were pretty evenly-matched for like 5 minutes, we came so close to downing their Paladin several times. >_< And then the most awesome thing happens; friend bursts the Paladin down low, then pops Dark Simulacrum to try and steal his heal, and instead steals the Paladin's bubble. We then crush the Paladin and the Warrior. Funniest win ever. :3 Seriously need to invest in a trinket, we would have won several times over but they always popped trinkets. The resourceful bastards. D:

Looking into it more, it's actually pretty intriguing. Seems something will be happening in Silithus, what with the Anachronos Vision thing (which may just be a lead-in to the WotA raid, I guess), the Cenarion Hold Hallucination thing... aaaand something involving Coldarra/the Blue Dragonflight. Looks like Sulfuron Keep will open and lots more fire elementals will enter Hyjal or something, with the Hyjal Pre-Invasion/Invasion phases, and I'm guessing we're either going to places in the Firelands we've already been for dailies (jousting, the forges, Nemesis' lair) or it'll open up a whole new area, hopefully more interesting-looking. Subterranean cave-systems suck, I want a giant desolate burning wasteland filled with lava and the sky streaked with meteors and junk. >:3 Aaaand finally, Forlorn Spire assault. If the Silithus thing is right, it could be that tower in the south with that one NPC and the giant horn, but I don't think so... possibly a location within the Firelands? I dunno.

Of course, all this stuff could just be phases of someone's fight, similar to Vancleef or even Yogg-Saron. I'm just speculating/lorenerding.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I did my first arena matches yesterday with a guildie (both PvE geared prot pallies) and we didn't even do that badly :mrgreen: . We were in the noob bracket of course and we stopped after capping conquest points. One match lasted for 10 minutes because they had a healer.

Retired

• 3 weeks later...

I started playing again a few weeks ago as a friend started playing again and wanted to run dungeons with him (We had lots of fun doing that in Lich King while talking on Skype at the same time :P). Started a new job too and a couple of people there play it and started talking about it which got me interested in it again (one of them actually used to work for Blizzard).

Not really done a lot as I really don't feel like raiding tbh, just enjoying doing a couple of dungeons, levelling professions and will probably try and get another 85 when I can find the time/motivation to do so. Really looking forward to 4.1 too, so hopefully that comes out soon.

HC: Magmaw down, world 1000 or so. We tried HC: Valiona & Theralion and that should go down tomorrow. I shouldn't think HC: Conclave of Wind and HC: Omnitron should be too far behind that either.

calciumpixelsigil3.png