The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

With flasks using 24 herbs each that's not a big surprise.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With flasks using 24 herbs each that's not a big surprise.

It takes a bit to sell them though. Granted I don't think many were raiding on new years and such. If flask sales pick up I'll make more :P.

Also a free 450-500g every day is pretty nice too. Transmute volatile life to volatile air in Uldum. I get so much life just from gathering and Volatile air sells for really good (30-35g each compared to like 5-10g each).

Starting to make some bank with my alch/herb... finally. 4400g now in a few days of not doing much.

From what I understand you'll prob do more dps as holy or prot than ret >_>.

Prot, definitely...holy, don't think so.

Ret pallies got nerfed hardcore :(

My roomate does more dps as a shockadin than as ret. (He tried ret when he hit 80, went back to shockadin because its more dps spamming exorcism).

:(

I do 8k dps tanking with my eyes closed. Working my ass off it's like 6k as ret.

Dammit blizz.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Starting to make some bank with my alch/herb... finally. 4400g now in a few days of not doing much.

From what I understand you'll prob do more dps as holy or prot than ret >_>.

Prot, definitely...holy, don't think so.

Ret pallies got nerfed hardcore :(

My roomate does more dps as a shockadin than as ret. (He tried ret when he hit 80, went back to shockadin because its more dps spamming exorcism).

:(

I do 8k dps tanking with my eyes closed. Working my ass off it's like 6k as ret.

Dammit blizz.

If it makes you feel any better, I pull 5k dps when I go Beast Mastery (And Marks is even worse I believe).

Then there's Survival.... With a Time Warp I can hit 12k dps, and that's with a crapload of mistakes.

I laughed at this though:

http://worldofwarcraft.tgn.tv/topic/187-best-to-worst-dps-in-pve-raid-by-numbers/

Top out of all DPS Specs: Hunters.

Bottom out of all DPS Specs: Hunters.

Blizz failed on focus HARD.

22031_s.gif

Arcane, Marksman, and Beastmaster damage is too low. Retribution, Shadow, and Fire and Frost mage damage might be too low, but we’re still watching them. We aren’t seeing a lot of Subtlety rogues in PvE yet, so that sample size is still small. On fights where there is...

Oh please Ghostcrawler shine your light on me.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Hopefully a PvE buff will stay a PvE buf for mages, frost mages don't need to be any stronger in PvP.

Roomate (should) hit 85 tonight sometime which means we'll be able to start arenas... finally.

Hopefully a PvE buff will stay a PvE buf for mages, frost mages don't need to be any stronger in PvP.

Roomate (should) hit 85 tonight sometime which means we'll be able to start arenas... finally.

The only specific mentions are that Frost Nova and Ring of Frost are going to have shorter durations, and that Spellsteal is going to be nerfed (however they plan to do that, put a CD on it?).

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

I do hope they follow through with a cleanse/purge spam nerf, it's so [bleep]ing annoying as a warlock. And before someone says "UA" ; they don't care about that anymore. The damage it does (17k before any mitigation) is just not "scary" enough. Even the silence eventually will just get put on a DR.

Like either nerf that or buff UA so people are actually afraid to cleanse it again.

edit:

HOLY [cabbage] I JUST GOT AN X5 MAKING DRACONIC MIND FLASKS. So a 15% * 15% * 15% * 15% chance.

Also right as I put my 7 of them up on the AH for 245g each someone bought out 6 of them. Awesome.

Arcane, Marksman, and Beastmaster damage is too low. Retribution, Shadow, and Fire and Frost mage damage might be too low, but were still watching them. We arent seeing a lot of Subtlety rogues in PvE yet, so that sample size is still small. On fights where there is...

Oh please Ghostcrawler shine your light on me.

Frost mages are doing great damage in PvE. Arcane is fine as well but people don't know how to manage mana for [cabbage]. Fire is a little low only because we don't have the crit. Mage damage is going to OP in T12. :)

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

"We are in progression mode so no you can't tank we got 2 better geared tanks we're using"

Nice guild I joined there. I have an average iLevel of 349 and it's not good enough because last week our other tanks got an epic.

EDIT: One of the tanks they pick above me has worse gear than me even.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Two new mounts: Raven Lord and Fossilized Raptor. Whee.

Now Fossil digsites are the most pointless thing ever. I wish that if you got every solve for a certain kind of digsite, the chance of getting that type of digsite dropped a fair amount.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

after changeing to ret on my pally im finding its alot more suited to me got to 41 now and have around 900 gold just from mineing/herb

just 1 problem is what would be best glyphs from a lvl 41 ret pally atm i have none i didnt even know that existed till today?

bickers007.png

It's already been nerfed a ton. It can be used even if there is nothing to be removed and it literally costs a butt-ton of mana.

No it doesn't. A shaman can sit there chain purging my dots and quite honestly will barely drop in mana.

after changeing to ret on my pally im finding its alot more suited to me got to 41 now and have around 900 gold just from mineing/herb

just 1 problem is what would be best glyphs from a lvl 41 ret pally atm i have none i didnt even know that existed till today?

Judgement would be a good one probably. I can't remember what other abilities you have at that level...crusader strike maybe. TV once you get it as well.

It's already been nerfed a ton. It can be used even if there is nothing to be removed and it literally costs a butt-ton of mana.

No it doesn't. A shaman can sit there chain purging my dots and quite honestly will barely drop in mana.

You're a lock eh? Working on a lock right now (affliction/destro), hope to get into pvp more...

What about dotting up the healer/fear?

polvCwJ.gif

That is exactly what I am doing. It is hard enough to get a cast off in arena vs a healer pillar hugging. Also shaman have tremor totem which counters fear.

I've tried the drain mana route too and it just doesn't help. I can get him low mana eventually and he will just mana tide or something. I have had a shaman at 2% mana still chain purging.

Ahh yes I forgot about tremor totem... mana drain sucks as far as I can tell (though I'm only level 62)

Mana drain is really the only viable thing we have in lock/healer setup.

Is there a glyph for it? It seems like every time I use it I use more mana than I gain...

The point of it isn't to gain mana, it's to make them lose it.

edit: patch notes up for 4.0.6. Glad I'm rolling a DK, locks are actually getting nerfed >.>

Is there a glyph for it? It seems like every time I use it I use more mana than I gain...

edit: patch notes up for 4.0.6. Glad I'm rolling a DK, locks are actually getting nerfed >.>

Omg they nerfed my curse of exhaustion? Noooooo

Lame. At least the pally nerfs didn't change much.

polvCwJ.gif

Divine Plea now lasts for 9 seconds, down from 15. It grants 4% mana per tick, instead of 2%, for a total of 12% mana, up from 10%.

This is nice... I guess? ._o Why is Divine Plea so lame compared to the mana regen abilities of other classes. D:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Omg they nerfed my curse of exhaustion? Noooooo

Lame. At least the pally nerfs didn't change much.

CoEx nerf sucked but the UA nerf is just downright [developmentally delayed]ed. Like it already doesn't matter and they're nerfing the only part of it that did.