The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Agreed on the Become-a-Naga quests. Best quests in the zone. But after finishing Uldum I have a new favourite. Best zone ever. Great storylines, epic battles, Indiana Jones and Hitler references, Tomb Raider/Indiana jones flavour with the obelisks, smashing midgets - DAILY and a quest that makes you kill a thousand goblins with a fiery ball. The dungeons there are also amazing, both in design and environment. I am now halfway through Twilight Highlands and it is a letdown so far. The battles don't feel as epic as they should in the highest level zone of an expansion.

I tried making a dungeon top 3 but I can't. They all look so amazing and they all have several great boss fights. Vortex Pinnacle looks the best though. I love the Aladdin feeling it has.

EDIT: Dinged 85 today and did my first heroic. Protip: If you have good gear but cba grinding normals for the last points of average iLevel to cue for heroics, buy honored rep gear you can't wear but has iLevel 333. If it works fine for me as a tank, it should work fine for everyone.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

considering how they neutered hunters i switched main to this cutie

http://us.battle.net...permodel/simple

i get singled out by [bleep] blood elves in every BG i go to. prolly jellin all over my name

thank god spriests are OP as hell 1v1

i'm bored of this game tbh. nothing in cata looks terribly exciting. i'll play til my sub expires and take another break

You look less feminine than my male belf pala.

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

3 days 22 hours /played.

Level 70 and I got the full Brutal Glad (S4) gear (including a weapon and OH) for my lock.

Getting up there pretty quickly. I've actually been doing a lot of PvP while I level, it's so nice getting XP for wins. It is pretty much guaranteed I'm top damage now in any BG, even now at 70 in the 70-74 bracket. Still rocking Demonology as well.

I do think it's crazy. It took me 2 days 8 hours (with some AFK time in there) to do 1-60. It took me another 1 day and 10 hours or so played to do 60-70.

Well, i got a free trial for 10 days, im a gnome warrior and am currently somewhere in the snowy regions wheré there is a lot of posioned forst and ape-like creatures that trow bones at you and are a real pain in the arse to avoid

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

FLODDER COME MAZRIGOS I WILL GIVE YOU FREE STUFF

I spent all day wiping on heroics. On some bosses it's a gear issue, on some it's learning the fight but on most it's other people being [developmentally delayed]ed. I need a guild.

Retired

Holy Paladins got nerfed. >_> Holy Light no longer generates HP on our Bacon, and Light of Dawn is now pathetic. I understand that LoD was ridiculously overpowered (3stack LoD on the group, tank gets 50% of the heals, loooool) but now it's barely worth using. ._>

And Forgemaster Throngus on heroic is [developmentally delayed]ed. He bugged out, so that when he popped his shield, everyone got hit by the fire, from any direction. We fixed that because if everyone stands under him noone gets hit. And then he drops a cave in on us. What.

And that's added to the fact that people are stupid and stand in fire, and the tank can't kite properly, and he can't manage his cooldowns. Healing isn't fun anymore. :<

Well, that's my QQ over. Time to find something new to roll. It makes me sad to think how broken other healers are if Paladins are the best by a long shot.

AND WHY DOES NOBODY CARRY FOOD. I'M DRINKING AFTER PULLS SO NO I CAN'T HEAL YOU BECAUSE YOU WERE STUPID AUGH.

Okay now my QQ is really over. Man that felt good.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

You look less feminine than my male belf pala.

To be fair, at least male belves look like they hit puberty.

And Im not surprised pallies were nerfed. "Healer mana sucks" threads pop out a lot on the WoW forums, and the only people saying no are low levelled healers, dpsers, and pallies.

Funnily enough, this actually makes me want to heal. Hitting one button makes me bored as hell tbh.

22031_s.gif

Undead is the greatest race ever. For Sylvanas!

Thank you.

Too bad undead can't be pallies :(

AND WHY DOES NOBODY CARRY FOOD. I'M DRINKING AFTER PULLS SO NO I CAN'T HEAL YOU BECAUSE YOU WERE STUPID AUGH.

I'm a paladin, I've never eaten food except for buffs :D

And Forgemaster Throngus on heroic is [developmentally delayed]ed. He bugged out, so that when he popped his shield, everyone got hit by the fire, from any direction. We fixed that because if everyone stands under him noone gets hit. And then he drops a cave in on us. What.

Worked just fine for us yesterday. The first boss in GB is pretty hard though. Took us like 6 tries to get right. And on the 3rd boss we wiped like 10 times because of stupid dps. I tried like 6 heroics yesterday and didn't finish one. Most people shouldn't be allow to run heroics.

Retired

Swapped to Affliction to get used to it for PvP. All I have to say is that Soul Swap glyph is [bleep]ing awesome as hell.

Oh and I want to say that I really just love being able to level in PvP + queue everywhere. I know these were added a long time ago but I've been really taking advantage of them this time around. What's really nice about it (aside from XP, fun) is that the honor allows me to pretty much deck myself out @60 and @70 in full PvP gear.

Holy Paladins got nerfed. >_> Holy Light no longer generates HP on our Bacon, and Light of Dawn is now pathetic. I understand that LoD was ridiculously overpowered (3stack LoD on the group, tank gets 50% of the heals, loooool) but now it's barely worth using. ._>

There's little things about the game mechanics I care anymore, but this is sad. :cry: I was a Holy Paladin.

im in ironforge at the moment on Azuremyst

:grin:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

After like 5 deatths, i reached thelsamar(sp?)

Are you a dwarf?

I can't see how someone dies 5 times going to thelsamar, unless you fell alot.

And Ironforge is in Dun Murogh, not azuremyst. Azuremyst is the starting zone for the draenei, which is unavailable to trials.

22031_s.gif

So I can't afford subscription but I wanted to try this game out, friend has an accout he gets free time for 27 years for (Brother of a GM ftw?) and isn't using so lends it to me. Turns out he deleted every character on it and I'm levelling a Mage on The Maelstrom EU. No I won't change, this server is like 1:1 Ally to Horde ratio and the battlegroup is AMAZING (Cyclone and Rampage 2 best EU merged).

I'm loving it, 7 hours played and I'm almost level 28. I'm officer of a levelling guild which is brand new and everyone is really friendly. The GM actually trusts everyone even on low level accounts and it's great. Everyone loves achievements and since we are all mostly casual we are working on getting all guild achievements. We have some people doing PvP for levelling to get those achievements and some of us doing questing/dungeoning for those too.

I have to say it, but WoW is so much better than in WotLK. The way classes work, how you level, new talent trees, everything is fantastic. Except for level 85 balance that is [cabbage] :P Mages and priests are awful apparently. The guild levelling system is great and the raids look really top notch and I'm receiving good feedback from my friends who are still raiding.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

After like 5 deatths, i reached thelsamar(sp?)

Are you a dwarf?

I can't see how someone dies 5 times going to thelsamar, unless you fell alot.

And Ironforge is in Dun Murogh, not azuremyst. Azuremyst is the starting zone for the draenei, which is unavailable to trials.

Im a gnome

about the deaths:from the poison lands to Thelsamar

im on the Azuremyst realm :P

And why cant i tell anymore?

i had a conversation with somebody who wanted to help me out and after 5 sentences i cant speak anymore

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

That's helpful, I seriously can't keep track of all these Stone Drakes, they all look the same to me. >_>

Not really actively going for mounts beyond Anzu and the White Hawkstrider atm. I hope they add in like... a 150 mount achievement, that would be something nice to work towards. I only know like... two people with 150 mounts. Maybe that's too high, then. Would be a nice FoS, I guess. ._.

And the new battlegrounds are great. Gilneas is much more concentrated than AB, so the battles are a lot larger, and even the people who fight on the roads help out, since the roads are all pretty heavily trafficked. Not much to say for Twin Peaks except that the aesthetics are a great change from seeing WSG over and over and over. WTB more CTF maps. Hopefully they'll distill all the BGs into just modes with different maps, but then you'd get people whining about certain maps favouring factions and etc (to a greater degree than people whine now).

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I think before Cata, and pre-Shattering (4.0.3) there were about 130 or so mounts total in-game, that's including TCG mounts. I'll have to check the exact number but I'm certain it was around there.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

75, and the 75-79 battlegrounds are kind of silly due to the 77-79 Cata gear. Mages running around with 35k hp lol.

Also looking at some of the comps that are being run, I'm feeling pretty good about Lock/Holy Pal. My 3v3 got switched up to a Lock/Ele Sham/Holy Pal (Shaman instead of Rogue, he rerolled) so that should be interesting. Way I see it bloodlust and getting dots up on 3 targets easy is going to be real nice.

Any locks here PvP @85 able to say how you're doing so far? I know holy paladins are [bleep]ing OP as balls (pretty much every decent comp has one it seems) so at the very least that'll be easy to deal with. I also know that locks have always been good, and I'll most likely end up doing affliction after all for arenas.

Kind of mad though I found out today that SoTA is a rated bg. WHY? It is the most imbalanced, boring trash map ever. Vehicles suck and there is a bug where every now and then you can attack enemy tanks before the game even starts. Just a stupid battleground.

Mages and priests are awful apparently.

What? From what I understand Mages and Feral druids are ridiculously overpowered in PvP currently. Priests are garbage tho, you're right on that one.

Oh yeah, mages are great in PvP at the moment, but they aren't OP. In PvE mages are "terrible" however recently I've actually seen mages put out some decent damage as frost using Frostfire Orb, Brain Freeze with Frostfire Bolt, Deep Freeze (100k crits lolling) and Frostbolt spam. It's just fire and arcane aren't good for PvE yet but it's supposed that fier will be better late expansion.

Priests are awful at healing though now, they are just broken, PvE or PvP. Shadow is amazing for both though, in PvP they don't die :(

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Feral druids have always been OP if they're played correctly iirc.

I'm planning on rolling an affliction/destro worgen lock for pvp (altready started it, like lvl 11 lmao). I'll get it to 85 once I max my pally (5 mil to go)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti