The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Which addon did you use for that UI? And can you change the colours? I also play a paladin, but despite it being my colour on the minimap and being a blood elf I don't like the colour.

Just preordered Cataclysm. I can't wait for tueday :D Are you guys going to Hyjal or Vasjir? I plan on going to vasjir but if it's too crowded I'm just going to whatever I feel like doing (either finishing my quests in Icecrown or some profession leveling).

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which addon did you use for that UI? And can you change the colours? I also play a paladin, but despite it being my colour on the minimap and being a blood elf I don't like the colour.

Just preordered Cataclysm. I can't wait for tueday :D Are you guys going to Hyjal or Vasjir? I plan on going to vasjir but if it's too crowded I'm just going to whatever I feel like doing (either finishing my quests in Icecrown or some profession leveling).

It's TUKui. Takes some time setting up the way you want it, but it's so minimalistic it's ridiculous, and requires almost no memory at all.

2009rb9.jpg

Hyjal of course an underwater zone sounds painfully slow to me

You get a special zone-specific mount that boosts your swimming speed by 450%. I'm going there because it will be the least crowded zone. It also looks awesome.

@Azvaret: Thanks:). I'm going to configure it tonight:D.

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I got banned because they think I trade accounts. BS.

Retired

Got on my girlfriend's Shaman while she was at work and setup a tooltip macro for Chain Heals to yell "JESUS BEAMS!" everytime she casts it. She still can't figure it out. I love this game.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Got hacked. Lost about 20k and a Firefly that I was trying to sell, as well as a bunch of shapeshifting trinkets. Ticket is in. It's time to ragequit until Cataclysm. The money and gear and all that doesn't really bother me. It's the trinkets and the pet that makes me annoyed. Those things were raaaaare. :<

And it's even worse because it wasn't even anybody I knew. If it was someone I knew I could unwind a bit by yelling at them or hitting them with a large metal stick. But, chances are it was just some gold farmer who does this for a living, and hitting him with a large metal stick would by like kicking a puppy. Somehow. They only cleaned out my Horde toons, so I guess that's something.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Got hacked. Lost about 20k and a Firefly that I was trying to sell, as well as a bunch of shapeshifting trinkets. Ticket is in. It's time to ragequit until Cataclysm. The money and gear and all that doesn't really bother me. It's the trinkets and the pet that makes me annoyed. Those things were raaaaare. :<

And it's even worse because it wasn't even anybody I knew. If it was someone I knew I could unwind a bit by yelling at them or hitting them with a large metal stick. But, chances are it was just some gold farmer who does this for a living, and hitting him with a large metal stick would by like kicking a puppy. Somehow. They only cleaned out my Horde toons, so I guess that's something.

Protip: GM's give you your stuff back, unlike the failures at Jagex

Oh, I know that. It's just annoying. And some of my friends who have been hacked have been told by GMs that their items can't be restored for some stupid reasons, or they only get the vendor worth of them, etc.

Will be investing in an authenticator along with my copy of Cataclysm, all the same.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Protip: GM's give you your stuff back, unlike the failures at Jagex

Because the two games economies are completely different and items/gold matter infinitely more in RS than they do in WoW.

Because the company invested in being able to track if your items mysteriously disappeared at once and are able to roll back your account so to speak to have them again.

Something Jagex can do [proved they have the technology to when they announced how many accounts had boots with the rock climbing boot update] but they are too lazy to

Jagex can track trades, they have been able to for a very very long time (probably since sometime in classic). That's not the problem.

In WoW most of the items you get are untradable, they're worthless. Having gold in the game while it might give you a small advantage is almost unneeded to actually beat the content in the game. A lot of things gold is used for is purely cosmetic or to gain some short term benefit (such as buying a BoE epic instead of waiting for one to drop).

In Runescape the economy and items are a huge huge part of the game. The fact that you lose items when you die proves that. To level most skills you need to spend gold (or spending gold makes those skills much much easier to train). These skills are needed to actually play the game and advance in it unlike professions in WoW. All combat equipment (well 99% of it) is bought with money in Runescape and has actual value to other people. Then there's the fact that Runescape servers are all linked unlike WoW servers which are self contained and of course there are discontinued items in Runescape. What would you suggest Jagex do if someone gets their account stolen with a party hat on it, then it gets sold on the GE and someone innocent gets it. Jagex then comes along and restores that party hat to the original account, thus duplicating the item, not the best thing. While yes, it does suck for those few who do end up losing things they've worked hard for if Jagex did start giving back items it'd have huge effect on the game and really it shouldn't happen. And of course you'd get all the people who send in fake claims that they lost their party hat when their account was stolen or when they died with their item and lost it they'd pretend they were hacked and thus waste Jagex's time.

So yeah, if you'd stopped for a minute to think about it then there's no way Jagex can do anything and your comment directed at Jagex has no basis to it other than it looking like you're trying to come off as cool for insulting them.

:thumbup: to darkdude. Jagex has the ability to do whatever they want, but contrary to popular belief they do have the game's best interests at heart.

I still can't decide whether to come back or not...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I've talked to some people I know who play this game and most of them said that the game's fun again with the new patches and everything... I'm wondering if I should start playing again. If I did, I'd want to start fresh. Thinking of rolling a priest. :thumbup: :thumbdown: ?

Never played the class (beyond level 10) so I wouldn't be able to tell you.

Saw all sorts of cataclysm ads today. Kind of what to start again....but I know I probably shouldn't.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I made the executive decision to come back and see how cata goes.

Right now the plan is to roll a warlock/paladin 2v2 comp combo. (Me warlock, roomate paladin). At least the game will have rated bg's and stuff to keep me busy too instead of 24/7 arena.

Patching right now (3.3.x to 4.0.0 lol)

Describe high end.

My guild does 10 man norm/heroic and once a week 25 norm. (all ICC) If thats what you're looking for?

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

No like, top 100 World rankings.

Just wondered if anyone followed the top guilds from here, since cataclysm is almost out the race to clear content will be back on and since 10/25 give pretty much the same rewards now, be interesting to see how top guilds approach it.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Ah, idc about that stuff. I just like to experience the content :)

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Just wondered if anyone followed the top guilds from here, since cataclysm is almost out the race to clear content will be back on and since 10/25 give pretty much the same rewards now, be interesting to see how top guilds approach it.

I dunno about World Rank, but my guild has been in the top 5 of our server for all of WotLK. The highest we've ever been is third, which is recently, the top 2 guilds have been maintaining their spots forever. But I could answer whatever question you got.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

For the majority of WotLK I was with a top 25 guild in the world until they hit ToC, where we broke off to play Aion, then realised it was awful and came back. We then hovered around top 200 and I had to leave just before ICC.

If you are interested I can answer some questions but I haven't played for about a year. :P

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Thinking of joining back, however I have tried a hunter on trial, and it's damn annoying pooling enough focus for a freakin' explosive shot <_<

Anyways, if I find my hunter enjoyable, I will probably do Hyjal first to learn some stuff about Malfurion. If you thought moonkins looked weird, wait till you see him. If Hyjal is too full, i'll try Vashjir (sp?), riding sea horses is cool (gnomes should ride in the sea horse pouch imo). If even THAT is too full, or I hate my hunter to bits (highly likely), I might reroll a Worgen Warrior, and spec him... you guessed it, Fury. If I find out furries are the biggest thing ever, I might just go make myself a tauren pally and name him a [developmentally delayed]ed misspelling of the drink "Red Bull".

I've been itching to ask non-hunters this, but how well are we doing endgame? Do you keep seeing us in the bottom? Has any hunter topped the DPS charts lately? Do you actually see groups where you need corehounds? Are we still the easiest thing to fight in pvp? How about in beta?

I've been hearing lots of complaints from hunters, so I want to know what YOU guys think.

Oh, and Keeshan is awesome. I salute you.

RIP Zuni too.

22031_s.gif

Does anyone know where to acquire good level 19 twink pieces, namely for a Feral (Cat) Druid? Dungeon drops or anything would be great help, and gold isn't an issue for me if its something I could find on the AH.

One hour left :D I'm going to wait a bit to see if Blizzard replies to my unbanning request. Else I'll have to buy everything again:/

Retired

I played WoW back in 2007, for about 5 months or so. I thought it was quite fun in the beginning, but after a while it kind of lost its point to me. Now I haven't played WoW at all ever since then, and I'm thinking to maybe start playing again now that Cataclysm is out. So what I'm asking you guys is... with Cataclysm (coming) out, how much different is it from back in 2007? Has it changed for the better or the worse? What kind of changes has made it better/worse. For example, I'm looking for changes which has made WoW more fun in the long term. I'd like to be convinced :-)

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I made the executive decision to come back and see how cata goes.

Right now the plan is to roll a warlock/paladin 2v2 comp combo. (Me warlock, roomate paladin). At least the game will have rated bg's and stuff to keep me busy too instead of 24/7 arena.

Patching right now (3.3.x to 4.0.0 lol)

The legend returns.

milkfat_lopeztonight.jpg

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!