The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

I can't log on my e-mail and my WoW account suddenly requires an authenticator. No idea how this happened. I should be able to retrieve my hotmail PW in an hour. Then I can get my account back. Hopefully they didn't sell all my gear.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely, they did. It happened to me while my account was inactive. I had my brother log on after I recovered my account. (by luck it was a day after) All my gear, bags, mats and even some non vendorable gear was all gone.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

So how is the frost spec vs fire?

We're discussing Mages I assume. What specifically?

Well just like overall damage, which spec is better for what

For PvP its pretty much Frost or Fire, pre-patch there were some Arcane PvP specs (Combining Arcane Blast, PoM, and the Frost tree's Shatter talent). I'm Fire PvP myself, and its amazing. The talent to cast Scorch while moving gives you a clear advantage over anyone else, not to mention it costs no mana. /instant win

Raid-wise in Patch 4.0 all 3 specs can be used as raid DPS, with Frost being the least acknowledged of the three. There are some Mages out there doing amazing Frost DPS, so I may make a spec and try it out. I think its based mainly on Deep Freeze along with Fingers of Frost procs. Pre-patch the top DPS was from Fire Mages, but Arcane has a few toys to play around with with the Spell Power from Mana Stones and their Mastery ability. They do the same base damage so its based on the player's skill, knowing the rotation, and how to react in different situations. Fire is significantly more dependent on gear rather than Arcane. In Fire one wrong gem or a few off stats will just kill you, so my advice to others has been to go Arcane in the lower gear levels then once you start acquiring better gear go Fire. The ideal gear level would be around item levels 264+, but at the very least be in full 251. A few pieces can be lower if they're stat friendly or good items, for example my Mage is around 6300 GearScore, and I still use the 245 Reign of the Dead (ToGC hates me). The Arcane rotation is also much more friendly. Try what you like though, and do whats best suited to your play style.

Oh and for leveling, go Frost. Not even a question. Water Elemental at lvl 10 means everything will die a horrible, chilly death.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Most likely, they did. It happened to me while my account was inactive. I had my brother log on after I recovered my account. (by luck it was a day after) All my gear, bags, mats and even some non vendorable gear was all gone.

Thanks to the obligatory Battle.net account linking I also lost control of my e-mail adress. Now I'm waiting for hotmail to respond to my password retrieval request. Can't get my account back without my e-mail adress.

If you open a ticket Blizzard will restore your items.

That's good to know, thanks.

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Pondering whether or not to renew my subsription just to do the new pre-cata events.

Don't. You already missed the retaking of Echo Isles (or whatever that gnome place is called, if you're Alliance), and this Elemental Invasion stuff doesn't give anything decent except for a Feat of Strength and some 251 gear which will be outdated within a month. Honestly, its not too great either.

So its pretty much a question of whether a Feat of Strength is worth 15 bucks.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

been playing a dk since 4.0, frost, and god i love its obliterates :D i 2 hit a rogue with frost strike, too.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Pondering whether or not to renew my subsription just to do the new pre-cata events.

Don't. You already missed the retaking of Echo Isles (or whatever that gnome place is called, if you're Alliance), and this Elemental Invasion stuff doesn't give anything decent except for a Feat of Strength and some 251 gear which will be outdated within a month. Honestly, its not too great either.

So its pretty much a question of whether a Feat of Strength is worth 15 bucks.

I did the Gnomeregan event, but yes, it isn't worth the money. May renew a week or so before Cata, see if i can stilll catch them.

keen.png

Hooooly. Just had the most fun PvPing in ages.

We pretty much ended stalemating just past the Alliance bunker (playing as Horde), and the battle pretty much went up and down from there to the Alliance bridge (best escape route, too, just jump off and come back around if you're being overwhelmed). We were pretty much just burning down each other's reinforcements. We won with 9 reinforcements remaining. Ended up with like 225HKs. It was smegging awesome. >_<

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Nothing happened to my new (now lvl 64.5) main. I got my account back and I even have the authenticator pet now lol.

Retired

Guess someone was trying to steal the character and not the gold. Here are 2 things you should do to prevent getting hacked again.

1. Create an email just for bnet.

2. Buy an Authenticator.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I downloaded the trial client, but I can't connect to a server. I log in, try to connect to a server and it will say "Connected" for a minute or so and then I get the message "You have been disconnected from the server."

I have no idea what to do. I tried downloading the trial again, but that didn't work. Disabling my firewall didn't work either.

I downloaded the trial client, but I can't connect to a server. I log in, try to connect to a server and it will say "Connected" for a minute or so and then I get the message "You have been disconnected from the server."

I have no idea what to do. I tried downloading the trial again, but that didn't work. Disabling my firewall didn't work either.

Its lag on either Blizzard's login servers, or your own Internet connection. Check your connection, if that's not it wait a little while and try again.

• 2 weeks later...

75.5^^ Managed to drain a week's resting xp in less than one day <_< . Every time I feel like trying another class I solo a group quest it keeps me wubbing my pala :shades: . I also managed to reach 20k hp instance-buffed today woop woop. Preparing for the insane QQ I will get when doing random heroics; until Cataclysm hits that is.

Retired

If you wait for the next patch before levelling you'll need 20% less xp to get to 80 :P. Hopefully it'll be here next week.

I'll by 80 by patch day :D And I'm having fun, I'm leveling in the zones I skipped on my other character so it's new for me. Just dinged 76 :ohnoes: . Thanks to the dungeon finder I am now only halfway through my second zone.

Retired

Started a new main character for the 30th time: A Tauren Warrior named Oatmilk who has an overall positive attitude when it comes to adventuring, but is timid in every other aspect of life. I WILL NOT start over once I reach level 20 just because I don't like the name. Oatmilk is foolproof.

Foolproof it is. I managed to get to level 40 and didn't contemplate making a new character even once. I really like using a Warrior in WSG and AB, but grinding instances SUCKS. Tanking is too boring. Whenever I try to spice things up by pulling big mobs, I get yelled at for being a bad tank. But when I actually do get in a party that can handle it, the fun challenge of worrying about death is well worth the risk. IDK maybe different strokes for different folks.

Completed my goal a couple of days ago. Red Dragonhawk before Cataclysm. :3 Does anybody know if there's going to be an addition to those achievements? (150 mounts, would be my guess) Still gonna be running HMGT, Kara, TK, VOA, HSethekk and HUP whenever I can for all those mounts, because I'm all obsessive like that. Lost/had my wallet stolen a couple of days ago, so I cancelled all my cards, which means I won't be able to resub to WoW until like Friday when I get replacements. >_> I've been losing interest for a while now, though, since I didn't have much to do bar the Argent Tourney dailies and the dungeons for my last mount. I'd mostly been just doing BGs and enjoying my unkillable status as a Holy Paladin.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Started a new main character for the 30th time: A Tauren Warrior named Oatmilk who has an overall positive attitude when it comes to adventuring, but is timid in every other aspect of life. I WILL NOT start over once I reach level 20 just because I don't like the name. Oatmilk is foolproof.

Foolproof it is. I managed to get to level 40 and didn't contemplate making a new character even once. I really like using a Warrior in WSG and AB, but grinding instances SUCKS. Tanking is too boring. Whenever I try to spice things up by pulling big mobs, I get yelled at for being a bad tank. But when I actually do get in a party that can handle it, the fun challenge of worrying about death is well worth the risk. IDK maybe different strokes for different folks.

Tanking is awesome :o. Especially protadin because you can solo every instance up to BRD :mrgreen: . I have never played a healer (don't like casters+healing spec is useless in solo pvp) but tanking is way more fun than DPS imo. Also instant dungeon ques for tanks.

I finished Borean tundra, basin and half of Dragonblight and I'm already 78,5. GOing to start Icecrown now because of all the group quests.

Retired

last night i bought the classic world of warcraft for 5$ and i tried to make my account have the membership.. idk what happened but i have a wow1 (its the trial account i tried to give the membership to) and wow2( the one that got the membership) i have no accounts in wow2, and the one i started playing on is on wow1. i know i could just start a new account but i got to level 18 and i dont feel like going thru all that again. is there any way i can put the lvl 18 char from wow1 into wow2? or is there any way i can get the 1 month membership on wow1?

thanks.

I like getting hard when I PK