The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Haven't played WoW in months but atm it looks so enticing.

Imbalanced PVP would be insanse, mages seem to hit like trucks.

Mages do hit like trucks. Which is why I play one. :) Or played, rather.

Actually its more like a freight train.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always preferred playing Arcane though, even though Frost is best for PvP. Arcane has ridiculous burst damage and when geared properly can nail 16k's with one move. I really should get back into this game. I heard they put the Cataclysm talents in, can anyone tell me if that's true?

I always preferred playing Arcane though, even though Frost is best for PvP. Arcane has ridiculous burst damage and when geared properly can nail 16k's with one move. I really should get back into this game. I heard they put the Cataclysm talents in, can anyone tell me if that's true?

Arcane and Fire have been competitive DPS for a while for mages, Arcane does have a better burst but Fire makes up for it in sheer damage output (this is all pre-patch 4.0). Currently with the new talents, Fire looks ideal and I've switched to permanently Fire for 4.0 and Cataclysm. Arcane does have its perks, but sadly since the new talents you can't get Icy Veins with it anymore.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

The computer at my mom's place is broken so I slowed down leveling :( Level 40 protadin now, I will probably tank my way up to 58 because questing is a pain. I will probably have to shell out some cash to get mining to 300 but fel iron sells for a good amount so it's ok. Plus I have friends to lend me that money.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Hunter is level

56 now, halfway to 57. So I have a few questions. Do hunters do well concerning DPS at endgame? Idk if it's changed with the new patch and all. Is it hard to get 80 gear for them?

Thanks in advance. In other news, after I get my hunter to 80 I'm probably gonna make a Mage with heirlooms because mages seem like so much fun.

GG.gif

Hunter is level

56 now, halfway to 57. So I have a few questions. Do hunters do well concerning DPS at endgame? Idk if it's changed with the new patch and all. Is it hard to get 80 gear for them?

Thanks in advance. In other news, after I get my hunter to 80 I'm probably gonna make a Mage with heirlooms because mages seem like so much fun.

Hunters are great DPS, if played right. Ever since the new patch there's some debate over the best DPS spec, apparently Beast Mastery is the new "in" spec but I don't know much about Hunters so yeah. The only gear you'll have trouble obtaining is weapons, since the weapons most desirable to you are also desirable by many other classes, but you also have a very wide range of weapons you can roll on. The rest of the pieces won't be a problem, except for trinkets which are a pain for us all.

And Mages are way fun.

Holy [bleep]ing [cabbage]. I just renewed my subscription after watching that.

Oh god I am so sorry.

Had to make the decision between Master Flying for my Paladin or Artisan for my Druid.

Went for Artisan on my Druid, because 280% herbing w/o having to dismount = glorious.

I need 16 mounts for my Red Dragonhawk.

[spoiler=Mount List]7x Argent Tourney mounts.

3x PvP Mounts

Red Proto (Still have Share The Love, Zombiefest, Ruby Void to go >_<)

2x Halaa mounts (if I can find someone to killswap with)

2x AQ mounts

Oc/Maly drake

UP Proto

Green Proto

2x ZG mounts

Kara Horse

2x OS mounts

Hallowe'en mount

Turtle

Anzu

Violet Proto

Hodir epic mammoth

Uld HM Proto (unlikely)

These are all the mounts I'm trying to get atm. ._< They seem to be the easiest ones on the list. It will take me 50 days to get all the Argent Tourney mounts, or 28 if I skip on the flying ones. I do around 20 dailies on 2 characters a day, which nets me approx. 520g. That's about 15 days for the Hodir mammoth, but it'd be cut down a lot with vendor trash/Heroic loot. 170 HKs in Halaa and 700 Crystal Powder will get me the 2 Talbuks.

It seems unlikely that I will get this before Cata. Alas. ._.

EDIT - No wait it's 350 Powder, apparently the cost was reduced.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Hunter is level

Hunters are great DPS, if played right. Ever since the new patch there's some debate over the best DPS spec, apparently Beast Mastery is the new "in" spec but I don't know much about Hunters so yeah. The only gear you'll have trouble obtaining is weapons, since the weapons most desirable to you are also desirable by many other classes, but you also have a very wide range of weapons you can roll on. The rest of the pieces won't be a problem, except for trinkets which are a pain for us all.

And Mages are way fun.

I play a hunter, although I haven't played one in almost a month (didnt bother to renew), I've been reading up on what's been happening.

Pre-patch, hunters tended to be extremely good endgame, I tend to see me and fellow hunters at the top of the dps charts consistently. The biggest problem that I personally had though is the aggro we generate, seeing that we have no passive threat reducers, although this is offset by MD and FD, so if you ever pull aggro, you should be a bit of an idiot.

As for gear, you wont be seeing much in the way of gear, mail gear with agility tends to be rare, unlike melee and caster gear (I swear 95% of the items I see drop are from clothies, and plate wearers). however when gear DOES drop, there won't be much competition, enhancement shammies seem to be fairly rare, although your average 10 man group will probably have another hunter.

Post patch 4.0 has created a ruckus though, with the great minds on the WoW forums and EJ joining together to find the best dps for a hunter (I admit, there arent THAT many great minds on the WoW forums, but they are a few). So far, Survival has all but died, and MM is so broken, our best dps rotation IGNORES Chimera Shot, our signature move. BM has been bumped up loads though, and imo is easier to play than Surv or MM due to you having a pet with an AI do more of the dps for you.

Again, I have not played since the patch (other than me checking out the changes on a trial), but we are horrible at focus regeneration (and in turn, dps) when we move. Our regeneration is around 2 or 3 focus per second (didn't test it), and the best way to increase it is to Steady or Cobra Shot, which both have cast times. In pve, it isnt too bad (except for the fact that our shots hit like nerf darts), however in pvp this is horrible. You can't steady shot at point blank, and by the time you let off that steady, the enemy would be right in your face, stopping you from shooting. Aspect of the Fox (allows shooting of Steady and Cobra Shots on the move) should be able to offset that, but you will need to be an incredible kiter to keep an enemy in your sights, and 5 yards+ away to let off that steady in time before they get in melee range.

22031_s.gif

[spoiler=Convo]

Holy [bleep]ing [cabbage]. I just renewed my subscription after watching that.

Oh god I am so sorry.

Had to make the decision between Master Flying for my Paladin or Artisan for my Druid.

Went for Artisan on my Druid, because 280% herbing w/o having to dismount = glorious.

I need 16 mounts for my Red Dragonhawk.

[spoiler=Mount List]7x Argent Tourney mounts.

3x PvP Mounts

Red Proto (Still have Share The Love, Zombiefest, Ruby Void to go >_<)

2x Halaa mounts (if I can find someone to killswap with)

2x AQ mounts

Oc/Maly drake

UP Proto

Green Proto

2x ZG mounts

Kara Horse

2x OS mounts

Hallowe'en mount

Turtle

Anzu

Violet Proto

Hodir epic mammoth

Uld HM Proto (unlikely)

These are all the mounts I'm trying to get atm. ._< They seem to be the easiest ones on the list. It will take me 50 days to get all the Argent Tourney mounts, or 28 if I skip on the flying ones. I do around 20 dailies on 2 characters a day, which nets me approx. 520g. That's about 15 days for the Hodir mammoth, but it'd be cut down a lot with vendor trash/Heroic loot. 170 HKs in Halaa and 700 Crystal Powder will get me the 2 Talbuks.

It seems unlikely that I will get this before Cata. Alas. ._.

EDIT - No wait it's 350 Powder, apparently the cost was reduced.

I could put up a list of mounts I had upon hitting 100, or mounts I didn't obtain to get it. If either would be beneficial to you let me know. Some of my guildies have found it useful so they can see what mounts they've missed, or may not necessarily need to obtain to get the Red D-Hawk.

Oh and disregard my post about Hunters if anyone read it, Decebal clearly knows the class better than me.

I'm downloading the free trial to play for some studies I have to do this being the prime example of what I need to figure out making it the best possible option.

I need to find out some specific things that make WoW unique from others games:

Things like the Airship that are fairly unique to the game.

Can someone give me things I should look for while having some along the way?

Beware of the stealthy felreaver that roams Hellfire Peninsula.

I am halfway 50 now on my paladin, gaining ~80% of my xp in dungeons. I love it but Wow crashes every hour or something:/ I can't even enter a BG because it's guaranteed to crash within 5 minutes.

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Beware of the stealthy felreaver that roams Hellfire Peninsula.

"Why is the screen shaking..? Oh Hello there! *You are Dead* D:"

My rogue is in mid 40s now, wonder if I can hit 80 before cata, doubt it but depends just how much I feel like playing.

I level really fast now with dungeon finder. I used to get bored fast while questing in Azeroth (thank god they're revamping them) but now I just pick up some quests and do dungeon while running between them. I always end up abandoning half the quests from an area because I outleveled it by tanking. Being a tank helps a lot because I get instaque. I will definately hit 80 before Cataclysm, hoping to also get 450 JC by then.

Retired

Frost is a PvP and levelling spec really.

As far as DPS, I think fire is pretty much equal to arcane, although arcane is probably better at mid/low level gear in 80s (god damn 4.0.1 patch killing my crit making fire suck for me now :(). No clue at 85 but I imagine they'll be similar, just pick whichever one you prefer.