Guide to Shadow Sword Mini-Quest

Karmastocracy

readyzc9.png

So you want one of those fancy Shadow Swords that some people are carrying around? You've come to the right place to learn how! This is a pretty simple Mini-Quest... If you know where to go. Have fun!

Requirements

-Must have started/completed Desert Treasure for Ring of Visibility & Full Ghostly Robes outfit.

-Must have completed Fight Arena Quest.

-Must have completed A Restless Ghost Quest for Ghostspeak Amulet.

-Must be able to kill a level 160 Hellhound without Prayer.

Needed Items

-Full Ghostly Robes

-Ring of Visibility

-Amulet of Ghostspeak

-75gp

Suggested Items

-Ring of Dueling

-Teleport Runes for the following places: 3 Camelot Teleports, 2 Arderough Teleports, and A Faldor Teleport (Or Glory Dranor Tele is prefered)

-Spirit Tree's or some way to Gnome Stronghold.

-Food & Weapons.

-Some Armor

Introduction

Now Im getting many comments with people who "Didn't know this existed." Well it hasn't for very long! Put in as a hidden update, on 2/12/07, this update is very new. It came out with the Mini-Game "Sorceress's Garden" aka the Sq'irk Update. As such not many people have the new Sword, which makes it all the more tempting to get it!

~Starting Out~

First You need to equip your Ghostly Robes, Amulet, & ring so you look something like this:

setupzr0.png

Then you need to walk out north of Camelot to Relleka, and then go east to the singing tree. He wanders a little bit, and so sometimes you just have to wait 1-2 minutes until he respawns back near the singing tree. Eventually you should find our favorite General (As a ghost) wandering around in this general location (get it?):

generallocationxt3.png

After you talk with him, he needs to know your trustworth, or your not-trustworthy... It's kinda difficult for a evil person! Anyways he asks to you talk with "Seer Sin" who would know what you are. So teleport to Camelot, and go just south of the Seers Bank, to the spinning building which is here:

seersinwa7.png

Go up, and talk with her. You will tell her that General Khazard needs to know if you are trustworthy. You will need to "Bribe" her, and you will give eventually give her 40gp. She will give you a note, which you will need to bring back to General Khazard. He will find this acceptable, and tell you he needs you to deliver a message to 4 scouts.

~Finding the Scouts~

Now you need to go to 4 Scouts:

-One is in the desert, near Shantay Pass.

-One is near the Draynor Mansion, on the Faldorish side.

-One is south of the gate of the Gnome Stronghold.

-And the last one is just south of the Tai Bwo Wannia Mahogany/Teak woodcutting area.

Shanty Pass Scout

scout1th6.png

Teleport to Al Kharid by use of your dueling ring, and walk all the way south until you get to Shantay Pass. Buy a Shantay Pass for 5gp, then walk through out to the desert (You don't need water since you won't be out long.) Walk a little bit southeast of the magic carpet, and you will find a scout. Talk with him, and he will give a little bit of a description where the other scouts are.

Faldor Scout

scout2ql3.png

Teleport to Draynor Village (Glory) or Faldor Teleport. Now walk to the ouside of draynor mansion, on the faldor side. You should find the Scout near the area shown on the map, talk to him.

Gnome Scout

scout3eh5.png

If you have use of the Spirit Trees, teleport to Ardougne and walk west to the Spirit Tree. From there, "tree" to the Tree Gnome Village, then to the Gnome Stronghold. From there you will need to walk south, then leave the Gnome Stronghold. The Scout is a little south of the entrance to the Gnome Stronghold, but a little northeast of the Outpost from "Making History." If you don't have access to the Spirit Trees, just teleport to Ardougne or some other location, and walk to the same point. In conversation the Scout mocks you a little bit for being human <.< .

Tai Bwo Wannia Scout

scout4cb1.png

You might want to bring an anti-poison just incase, because you never know in Karamija! Best way to get to him would be to teleport to Ardougne and travel to Brimhaven by use of the boats. Walk south until you get into Tai Bwo Wannia. If you have done "Jungle Potion" the best way to describe where the Scout is, is southeast of where you started the quest. Once you find the Scout, talk with him. This Scout is a little bit different, and gives you a message to report back to the General. That is the last of the scout bit, and you've already gotten past the hardest part of this Mini-Quest!

The Erm, Reward?

Well, go back to General Khazard and he will say he is pleased with your progress. He now tells you that to get your reward, you must find another Ghost. He will give you a severed leg (He says that's how the ghost will tell who you are) and tells you that the Ghost is by a Cave, which is near a place humans like to fish. Guess where it is? It's the fishing guild Goblin Cave!

Now at this point you should teleport to Ardougne and get ready to face a level 160 without the use of any prayer. Don't forget your Ghost Robes, Ring & the Severed Leg though!

To get to the Goblin Cave go here:

goblincavelz4.png

And now go All the way North-East until you hit this room:

minimapve4.png

At which point you enter this crack (Also shown by the Blue Arrow in theprevious picture.)

crackinthewallsk8.png

Oh noes, he General Khazard has betrayed us! You now have to defeat his pet once again! Don't worry, the Ghost Hellhound isn't really all to hard. Once inside, you can switch to your armor and beat that Hellhound once again! :)

Reward!

Once you kill the Helhound, you are awarded:

-2k Slayer Xp

-And the Helhound Drops the "Shadow Sword."

statsac1.png

If you chose to destroy it, you will get this option:

destroywd2.png

And here is the sweet visuals on this Sword:

swordhc2.png

Tips or Tricks

~If you lose your "Severed Leg" any time during the quest, just go back to General Khazard and talk with him. He will give you a new one and tell you that they are very easy to replace. :uhh:

~The Shadow Sword is a 2-Handed Sword.

~The "Shadow Realm Guardian" who replaces your Shadow Sword if you lose it, is a Ghost, so make sure you have your Ghost Speak Amulet!

That's the Guide! Have fun with this! :) I hope this helps anyone who was having trouble! If you enjoyed this guide, or found it usefull, I recommend you look at my other guides including:

Highimpact1's Guide to Everything Fletching <-- I am pleased to announce that this guide, which is my very first, has been declaired good enough to go into the Archive of Wisdom. Thanks to everyone who leaves a comment!

Guide to Desert Treasure <-- This guide is very recent, published right after I myself completed Desert Treasure. I appreciate everyone who is contributing feedback and corrections, because with a Quest as vast as Desert Treasure, it is almost impossible to tell everything!

Thank you for reading this guide, and I always appreciate Comments whether they be Negative, Positive, Critical, or help me correct my guide, or expand it! :P

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even know this existed. Can you fill me in? o_o

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

Came out today! As of 2/12/07

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

Came out today! As of 2/12/07
Interesting. I have a new item to go get. =p

Can you get multiples of the sword?

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

I don't believe so, because the monster that dropped it does not reapear ever again. Sorry :(

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

Is it a drop or destroy item? Just want to know if I should take special care of it in case of danger. Nice guide btw. I will have to use it for when I go for it.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

destroywd2.png

I've added that new information to the guide.

Thanks for the idea! :P

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

I don't believe so, because the monster that dropped it does not reapear ever again. Sorry :(

You can, a "Shadow Realm Guardian" appears in the cave afterwards and will replace the sword if lost.

98% of teenagers have been drunk or around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels

hmguy2td.png

You can, a "Shadow Realm Guardian" appears in the cave afterwards and will replace the sword if lost.
Yes, however you have to first destroy the sword first, thereby making it impossible to get multiple swords.

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

Interesting. Except there's a typo. You say you have to go WEST of the House portal of Relekka, but it's EAST!

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

You might want to note, that there is a glitch with the cave that when you teleport out of the cave, you will still not have a minimap. I'm going to report this.. even though it would be a fun glitch for wildy thigns... IF you could be sure everyone else had it...

but its kinda fun for a second, then painfully annoying.

Loggin in and out fixes the problem, and it only happens if you leave the cave improperly.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

You also might want to add that the HellHound is level 160, and that NO prayers may be used to fight him!

Almost got me killed, but yeah, just wearing my ghostly robes and whip :wall:

EDIT: With full rune and dds specs, he's easy :D

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but you can switch to regular armor/weapons after you enter the final cave for the 160 hellhound. It makes the final fight a lot easier as the hellhound rips through ghostly robes pretty easily. Also, don't forget to bring the severed leg with you, it is the key to the final room.

guthan,Hutchdown.gif

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but you can switch to regular armor/weapons after you enter the final cave for the 160 hellhound. It makes the final fight a lot easier as the hellhound rips through ghostly robes pretty easily. Also, don't forget to bring the severed leg with you, it is the key to the final room.

its easy... the easyest 160 that i ever killed... dds +3 sharks... on lvl 98 cb

and how did you ever find this out?! just cuz i couldnt find it in the kb or rs news... :anxious:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined