Selling Stuff Is Torture?

mbrun

i think one of the hardest thing to sell would be maple logs since soo many people do maples for mtk and i do 50% maples for the seeds and sell the maples is it soooo :wall: to sell maples

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"

erkid"]I usually just build up a massive pile of junk then go sell it. TIP: Always beat the other person when selling, chat to hide, get your own square, use WAVE:Selling Crap 10m ![bleep]erkid!, tell them to follow you and goo to a less populated area. Etcc

its under-cutters like you that have ruined whip prices.

thank you

Perhaps it was "over-pricers" like you who ruined them to begin with?

siganizq4.gif

One of my favourite past times is going to seers bank (usually a crowded world like 6) and unloading piles of junk items that I've obtained on people for higher value items. For example trading piles of skeletal and spined armour for torags, all my useless tt items for d2h, etc. Often easier than selling all at once.

Ever been to World 2? The air is toxic with the fumes of scammers and merchants. I'd rather be in a Nazi concentration camp than there.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I find buying things in world 2 much harder. It's rare to buy things at their usual price and i usually end up paying more than usual... <.<

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

You ever been so fed up with the time it takes to sell stuff (even with forums) that u high alched for less money. I went to free world to sell a Rune 2h, Scimmy and some green dhide armour. Nothin but headaches. U tell them price ahead of time and they still want to unload all their crap or low ball ya. What part of 30k for Scimmy did they not understand?

Is there a better strategy for selling? Forum only? I seem to have best results for higher value items buy/sell. I had someone call me a froob for not selling them something cause he/she wanted to give me cash/items for it instead of the 140k I asked for in forum.

Wish there was a better way of buying / selling on the crowded worlds cause stuff just scrolls too fast. (needle in a haystack approach_)

I gave up on selling items shortly after the release of rs2. Ever since, I've been buying items at the forums (basic materials for skilling) and high alching/using the items I make.

Yes, I still do occationally sell a item or two, but I always sell them below the market price to get rid of them asap (always using the forums).

It may sound weird, but I've bought 99 prayer(unprofitable), smithing(profitable), fletching(profitable) and cooking(profitable) this way, but never sold any products what so ever :D And I was always skilling while waiting for someone to find my posts on the forums = no time wasted (well, maybe the beer/tool/random item collections may seem like a waste to some, lol).

Personally I prefer life this way. It's simple, it's easy and you don't have to waste your life on waiting for trades and possibly trading your soul to the devil for a fast trade.

Dead+Dude4.png

I agree, rune drops used to be kind of exciting when I was a lower level, but now they're barely worth my trouble. I agree with deangut in this case, sometimes it's better not to worry about the 5k difference, if you do you might be standing around for 2 hours in world 1 varrock trying to unload a rune full helm :boohoo:

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

erkid"]I usually just build up a massive pile of junk then go sell it. TIP: Always beat the other person when selling, chat to hide, get your own square, use WAVE:Selling Crap 10m ![bleep]erkid!, tell them to follow you and goo to a less populated area. Etcc

thank you

and you are? who cares about whip prices they were bound to go down like everything else.. when i do my "quick sale" i do the same thing he does.. we all don't like standing around wasting time to make a few more gp...

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

I only merchant stuff that people WANT If I get a f2p drop I alch it unless its cost is under nats then I drop it and walk away

Then what noobs scramble over steel battle axes

iron 2 hands, mith axes, addy warhammer. The most useless in my eyes is what I gotta drop( or alc)

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

thank you

A brief lesson in economics... More sellers (supply) than buyers (demand) means that people will lower the price to sell their item therefore price goes down. More buyers than sellers means that people will pay more in order to buy the item therefore price goes up.

There is no set price for items when trading with other players. That is why you will see people buying 1 or 2 laws for 1, 2 or even 5k ea - that is what it is worth to them to have that item at that time and why you cannot sell laws in bulk on the forums for those prices in current market conditions.

OT: I'd either keep the rune scimmy until you see someone in a bank who wants one, or if you need the cash urgently sell lower or alch.

Mordendravid.png

I always alch anything that doesn't sell more than 80k or so in public. Except for pots, glories, etc.

just check the shop price for buying it when no in stock then *1,5 = alch price

then alch if you realy need the money...

(most stuff i could sell like boaters are only 400gp alch)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

This always happen to me.

I have something to sell.

It takes ages to sell.

I eventually sell it for a ridiculously low price.

I tele to another town, walk into the bank, only to find some person buying the item I sold for a decent price.

Always..

Not always but I get that a lot, trying to sell a Sara and Zammy stole the other day was a pain in every 'good' selling place. Sold for about 50-60k under max price then get a PM about 5 mins later with someone offering max price.

Happens a lot, seems to be with TT items, pages especially, traded a Guthix page for rune kite then sold that easier! :P

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

selling is the single thing i hate the most. in general i don't like buy/sell anything anywhere, going to market worlds like going into jungle full of predators with bathing suit.

i usualy hold my stuff untill i need bank space or money. then i try to sell by posting in forums.

How does merchenters survive i have no idea. They can gladly keep that 10% profit of me :)

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

for peopel that call you a froob for not selling your item that you have the right to sell at whatever price you want are total morons. And trying to sell things in ftp is just always a head ache just to many new players who dont under stand the concept of cash only !!!!!!

prospektssigza4.jpg

I have the same issue when I actually do sell stuff. I think using the forums is easier, cause you can say if the price is firm, then go from there, and you can work on skills while you wait for a response.

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

I always sell for a bit below the average, maybe the normal price if I have time but never above the price. I hate the anxiety of not knowing when a trade presents itself and then in the end I don't make profit. I like planning and that is why I have gone for 91 rc, because it provides a very predictable and very good money making system. This is also why I absolutely cannot do merchanting for fun even if I'm quite good at selling things at a yard sale IRL.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I find it funny, whenever I want to sell something, its very difficult to get a reasonable price unless you want to wait all day, but on the other hand when you want to buy an item, you always have to pay more than the reasonable price.

maybe I am just impatient, but more likely there is too many people who just care about merchanting. they may make money but you cant tell me its actually playing the game - its more like sucking the blood out of players.

I dont care that they are rich either, I have my own stash worth 40+M which I can say I have not merchanted 1 gp for. anyway thats my rant for today.

barrowsmguthan,bob%20baldrick.gif