Green Dragon Autoers massive banning?

Leesters

hmm...... :-k

What if thsi banning si wat sparked the riots and protests in falidor :-$ :lol:

oh, and wakka, i saw what u typed ::'

sneaky sneaky :-w

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well sometime on thursday at 9-10pm eastern, the login servers were down, and alot of the autoing worlds went offline.

Maybe something happened in there?

Jagex might have done something with their scripts, stopping the scripts of the autoers from working.

the only thing that jagex could do to mess up the autoers is if change the color the monsters. How a script works is it will check for a certain color that is pre-set then if it finds that color it will check what it was in the upper left hand color and if its say "attack green dragon (lvl - 76)" then it would attack it etc.

:-w :-w :-w :-w

if anyones wondering i dont do it anymore

what people dont realize is that there are no auto green dragon scripts. A script with that difficulty would be so amazingly hard, it would be like putting together a jumbo jet with elmers glue its always going to fail. Also now a days jagex's auto detection system is too good for autoers so they wouldnt waste there money on rune armor and weapons when they know there gonna get banned. Also they would defitanely get banned before they could ever reach the lvl needed to kill the dragons in the first place.

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

Well I didn't read through the whole thread so, sorry if this has been mentioned. D Bones are going up in prices, Yews are at 350 I heard, and all these prices are going up. How come? In my opinion, it sounds as if there was a huge mass banning, such as Lee mentioned, however with all the autoers, not just Green Dragon autoers. And with all these autoers not coming back, maybe it seems that Jagex is working on keeping autoers out for good.

I was at Draynor willows the other day on my pure skiller and all the lvl 3s talked, so it seems good.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

I believe it is doable to write a script to auto greens. People have scripts that do MORE complicated things, and I don't believe that the auto programs interface into the web java applet, I think they hack in somehow, rather than use the graphical interface.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I believe it is doable to write a script to auto greens. People have scripts that do MORE complicated things, and I don't believe that the auto programs interface into the web java applet, I think they hack in somehow, rather than use the graphical interface.

no that is impossible trust me i HAD first had experience with this sorta stuff thats how they work and trust me also that no script would be hard that making it go to the greens, kill dragons, watch the health, watch the randoms, eating when needed, and walking all the way back to the bank.

it would take several weeks to make a script of this difficulty and they 100% use the screen by finding colors then they find the text in the upper left hand corner then click on it if is true

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

Love the thread. Hate bots.

But I have been accused of being a bot, since I use my reactions to click in a pattern onscreen, like the mining carts. And I hate fishing, because I keep getting booted from inattention. And yes, I have been caught with my public chat set to friends. And yes, I listen to podcasts, the Goon Show, and music while playing RS.

I've only been on RS for 3 months, and *this thread* made me realize why all of these nosy players keep asking "mining lvl" or "Rcrafting lvl?".

I might look like a bot, but I don't taste like a bot. When I get to the green dragons, you can try to take a lick.

Thanks, TipIters!

How can you have any disagreement with such an affordable game? And Jagex acually care to maintain and update this game. Wonderful.

I think it is important to differentiate between auto'ers (or bots etc) and 'gold farmers'.

Autoers are pc controlled players, where there is software controling the characters movements.

There are also gold farmers, where there are, for instance, a far east player sitting at a PC, playing the game 24/7 for a tiny wage. The company then sell the GP earned in game to make their real life money.

Both are against the rules (marcoing, real life trading) so either could be what we were seeing. If the auto'er script was too hard, it is much easier to show someone how to control the character to kill dragons, and run away when challenged.

Perhaps the green dragon killers were just poorly trained people, who did not know what to do when challenged, and most likely did not speak english, so the game interface would have to be learned by hand.

Either way, if they go, it will hopefully make the place a bit safer for ordinary players. I certainly dont go there anymore based ont he number of pkers looking for easy pickings.

G

Gda_Scooby.png

Gda_scooby has a good point.

Are these people gold farmers? or true autobots?

I'm leaning more towards autobots seeing they don't retaliate and have the intelligence of, well low quality AI. That means that Chinese New Year wouldn't have effected them too, so does that mean they are chinese farmers?

icecube7.jpeg

if you think about it. Autoer's aren't all that bad, as well as gold farmers. Autoer's help to lower material's prices. If we didnt have them at all, prices of all materials would be at least 300 to 500 gp higher per item. As well as alot of them help out poor people in 3rd world countries.

They are similar to the illegal immigrants in the United States. They help to do the lower wage labor that others don't want to do. At the same time, too much of them can cause a problem of over population. As long as there are only a medium amount of autoers, its not a huge deal. The problem comes in when there is an excess amount of them. They take up all the training spots as well as drop prices too low, where you get economy deflation.

Without autoers, the economy would be a lot more balanced. Prices for materials would be higher, therefore, more people would get out of world 2 and gather materials instead of merchanting for money because it would be a good money source again. Currently, there aren't very many skills that would be considered "good money makers". Runecrafting, Slayer, and with the recent market boom for red chinchompas, Hunter. It could bring more balance and "game" back into the game if autoer's were completely.

Just thought I'd write this out and show the pro's and con's of each side of the autoer issue :)

if you think about it. Autoer's aren't all that bad, as well as gold farmers. Autoer's help to lower material's prices. If we didnt have them at all, prices of all materials would be at least 300 to 500 gp higher per item. As well as alot of them help out poor people in 3rd world countries.

They are similar to the illegal immigrants in the United States. They help to do the lower wage labor that others don't want to do. At the same time, too much of them can cause a problem of over population. As long as there are only a medium amount of autoers, its not a huge deal. The problem comes in when there is an excess amount of them. They take up all the training spots as well as drop prices too low, where you get economy deflation.

Without autoers, the economy would be a lot more balanced. Prices for materials would be higher, therefore, more people would get out of world 2 and gather materials instead of merchanting for money because it would be a good money source again. Currently, there aren't very many skills that would be considered "good money makers". Runecrafting, Slayer, and with the recent market boom for red chinchompas, Hunter. It could bring more balance and "game" back into the game if autoer's were completely.

Just thought I'd write this out and show the pro's and con's of each side of the autoer issue :)

This is almost exactly how I feel. Autoers bring balance to the game so that prices don't go too high. Think about going to fally and seeing yews at 600-700 ea because not as many people cut them anymore. This would mess up the whole game play. Yew longs would no longer be alchable to make money, or even break even, (They hardly are now) This would mess up soo many things. Now, like Wakka stated, think about going to World 2, and seeing Yews at 50 ea.... This would mess up the game entirely. Money would be easy to make, and many more people would have 99's. Without autoers, this game would go out of control. Simple as that!

There's my two cents!

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

This is almost exactly how I feel. Autoers bring balance to the game so that prices don't go too high. Think about going to fally and seeing yews at 600-700 ea because not as many people cut them anymore. This would mess up the whole game play. Yew longs would no longer be alchable to make money, or even break even, (They hardly are now) This would mess up soo many things. Now, like Wakka stated, think about going to World 2, and seeing Yews at 50 ea.... This would mess up the game entirely. Money would be easy to make, and many more people would have 99's. Without autoers, this game would go out of control. Simple as that!

There's my two cents!

So, do you want or do you not want autoers? People complain about them, then start saying about how they like them for keeping prices down. Pick one!

jjroxlu7.jpg

There's my two cents!

So, do you want or do you not want autoers? People complain about them, then start saying about how they like them for keeping prices down. Pick one!

It's different people on two sides of an argument. You can't get people to pick one way or the other. I'm in the middle. Too many autoers is bad as well as no autoers at all. The middle ground is where I think it should be.

There's my two cents!

It's different people on two sides of an argument. You can't get people to pick one way or the other. I'm in the middle. Too many autoers is bad as well as no autoers at all. The middle ground is where I think it should be.

As a woodcutter I wouldn't actually mind seeing yews and magics go up

300-700 gp more in price :pray:

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

I like Green dragon autoers. Keep the Green D'Hide price + D Bones low. And I can pk them whenever I want, Including the often skulled one. Can I say free whip? <3:

What about people that legally kill them for money? Like me? That'd be like having nats drop to 200 ea. Would you be happy if you were an rcer? Nope.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Well, If they left Rs, Id be fine with it. But until jagex gets rid of em, Im going to have a good time with them. =;

And, I wouldnt be happy if D bones went to 2.5k Again or Green Dhides to 1.9k...

I would *points to sig*

jjroxlu7.jpg