Longest Hiatus from Runescape?

Kaioke

Hi everyone. I've been around on Runescape for the longest time. I'm ancient.

I was around for light magic and dark magic, mithril being the highest armor you could get, and when you had to click everything; the pickaxe on the rock, the net on the fishing spot.

Heck before there were members and you had to go to jagex.com to get to Runescape.

I've taken two extremely long hiatus'. One was for three years. When I came back the whole front page was different, classic was dwindling down and every week a new "monster" in 3d was released, there was so many new things! I was so pumped to try herblaw. I was a member for about two months. I did Druidic Ritual, I felt special at my 60 combat making my own potions.

Quickly I got bored and decided to quit. Came back three years later (have a picture of this one) and everything is different. Completely. I can now thieve half chocolate cakes and bread? There are so many new quests, minigames?wtff..?

So within three months, I went from horrid skill levels to having a Quest Cape and all skills 44+.

Kay, enough ranting about me. What has been your longest break?

((By the way, somewhere in there, I switched accounts and when I came back I felt so special making my security questions! ^_^; ))

973daysdc1.png

recovbv1.png

Don't eat me, it's my first topic! D:

Edit: I should say that my security questions are changed now. =P

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My longest break was for 8 months. I vividly remember the 3 servers, and me not knowing my way to the helmet shop. The good ole days!

I didn't get a screenshot, but I believe my last log-in was 284 days or something like that (my longest streak)... But I'm back to playing now.

Soulfire: Agree'd. The good ole' days. And I remember thinking Karajma was an island so so far away. Now we have ships, teleports, and everything up the wazoo. Yes. Wazoo.

Runekiller: Yeah. The community is very different. I remember in RSC when I needed help finding Taverly some guy helped me out and through the quest. I then became a miner for him - 100 silver was 33k, boy, was I pumpin' gold then... Woo!

Nick: Five days? o_O

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

Mine is 1 month, just can't get away from this great game :D
Nice. ^_^;

If only we were all as determined to play as you. =P

erkid"]Wow almost 1000 days. To bad you didn't wait like 1 more month :P.

Very nice record. I will beat you in 4 years mmk? You just wait there and I'll get back to you.

Sounds like a deal. In four years I'll get you a whip. Even though they'll be worthless then. >_>"

God..I'll be 20 in four years. o_o; Sorry. o_O

Wow thats a hell of alot of time off the game aleast you didn't become one of the many addicts like us :oops:
Did you read what I said? I came back knowing almost nothing and got the Quest Cape in two and half months (almost three). How is that not addicted? Crap. I'm addicted. D:

First Step: Denial.

Did you read what I said? I came back knowing almost nothing and got the Quest Cape in two and half months (almost three). How is that not addicted? Crap. I'm addicted. D:

First Step: Denial.[/size]

Grats on the quest cape =D>

EDIT: 500th post =D> \'

Babyshambles.png

heck, you got quest cape in that little time :S i'm impressed, (and if i may say, a little scared) the quest cape was like a "super-achievement" for me, and i'm still proud of it (barrows or fighting magic monsters only times i'm taking it off :S )

well... good luck managing to take another three-years bereak now :P i'm quite shure you won't manage it this time :P

Scherzo.png

Actually, as time goes on it'll become easier. =/

Doing all the quests was a mistake, I have nothing to "Goal" for. Yeah, there's 99's, whatever. >_<;

It's not the same. =P

Anywho, it will become easier. More school, then college. Grah! Work. D:

this wasnt a break but i played the game in RS Classic days and then i stopped playing because i couldnt get the hang of it!! came back a good year or 2 after and started playing rs2, recently in june i stopped playing and took a break to start college, renewed my membership mid january this year and im hooked again, so thats about 8 months there.

sigcopy.png

I hope no one here thinks they're any better than anyone because they have a longer hiatus/don't play anymore.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

about two years.

left with lvl 40 mining and 7 coals in my inventory with 100% fatigue. Came back is was already rs2. after few months left again for about year. then came back got members and still playing as of today :)

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs