Unimaginable Rudeness

beniscool218

Over my course of Runescape gameplay (about 2 years now), I have encountered a few people who don't know the definition of "polite".

My most recent encounter would be with a player who out of the blue asked if he could buy some of my Monkfish for a ridiculously low price (something around 75 or so), and when I declined him, without flaming him, he proceeded to calling my mother names. Now, I had read about tricks for people who used this insult tactic, so using Dalcyte's strategy, I lied and said, "My mother is dead." Thinking now that anyone in the right mind would just shut up after this, he didn't something very rude and unexpected. He said, "Good. She deserves to be dead."; he then logged out. I was practically speechless after hearing this. I didn't know if he was joking or not (fairly hard to tell the difference here), but it sounded pretty genuine to me.

So to make this post relevant, if you have had any encounters with extremely rude or impolite players, post your experience here.

EDIT: I did report him after he said these things.

EDIT: He was not fishing at Monkfish with me, he PMed me and said this.

Click here.

If you go there good things will transpire.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With something that extreme, you've got to assume the kid has some sort of mental disorder. Normal people just don't behave like that. :|

Not really. Little kids think its cool to be evil. :?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

With something that extreme, you've got to assume the kid has some sort of mental disorder. Normal people just don't behave like that. :|

I'm sorry, but I need to ask if you've even logged on Runescape currently. The rudeness currently has no limit. People are very rude even if you're polite.

Trapt45.png

I'm sorry, but I need to ask if you've even logged on Runescape currently. The rudeness currently has no limit. People are very rude even if you're polite.

Most of the rudeness is rs seems to revolve around fishing. it's always coming out of the fishing guild or something of the sort. I think the fish in Runescapre are evil. Maybe they could turn this into a quest :-s .

The lobsters and shark of Runescape are polluting the n00bs minds! they must be stopped!

UNIMAGINABLE OH MY GOODNESS!

Sarcasm isn't needed at all in this thread. Don't post at all if this is all you have to say. This is a serious thread about the decline of polite people in Runescape.

Click here.

If you go there good things will transpire.

UNIMAGINABLE OH MY GOODNESS!

Sarcasm isn't needed at all in this thread. Don't post at all if this is all you have to say. This is a serious thread about the decline of polite people in Runescape.

It's really not to hard to deal with those kinds of people. If they bother you you report them and tell them you reported them. They usually will flip out, its hilarious :lol: .

I can tell you the reason of rudeness in RuneScape. It is because all of the high levels decline, ignore, and tell off the low levels. Thus when low levels become high levels they be rude to low levels. -.-

Even here on Tip.it, the veterans of the forums neglect the new ones.

we were given this privledge to get easy exp, everything has a cost.

a lev 5 comes up to me and says if i dont give him "stoof" heel report me. wel i say lol and then he procedes to cuss me out in some of the worst leet sppek immaginable. i didnt even understand half of it. well he followed me up to edgeville and when i was about to enter the wild he says "omg lurer!! and runs off.

some people are total nubcakes.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

You're not the only one. I remember waaaay back (around like a year and 1/2 ago) I was only about level 35 looking for an addy kite, and I saw somebody with one. I asked if I could buy for 15K, he said no and called me mnay words, including "noob", "[cabbage] head", and the N-word. What did I do? :-s

I think on Tutorial Island there needs to be a politeness teacher.

He teaches you basic politeness and respect for other players.

It may sound corny but something has to be done.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Times like these that I'm glad jagex invented friends or off for public/private chat, and the ignore list!

Honestly, anyone who says something like that, needs to go see someone, quickly! Before they get shot, or brutally beaten up...

I can tell you the reason of rudeness in RuneScape. It is because all of the high levels decline, ignore, and tell off the low levels. Thus when low levels become high levels they be rude to low levels. -.-

Looks like you've found the cycle.

1 high level treats a low level bad and immediatly the sterotype starts

1 low levelTHINKING that he'll treat him bad because of all the rumors cusses him out and high levels hate all low levels...

I'm currently a level a lvl 103, and helping newbs (not noobs, dont mix them up) from varrock to yanille using the longway is daily stuff for me.

Trapt45.png

I'm 99 Helping the lower levels in f2p finding there way around RS

Go high levels working with lowers :thumbsup:

I help with quest like imp catcher and knight's sword lol

we were given this privledge to get easy exp, everything has a cost.

He was a bad human being. Don't worry to much about it, because people like that aren't very common on runescape. It's also a possibility he had something wrong mentally. These people are to be pitied, not hated.

~

Fishing is the worst when it comes to idiots/rudeness. To be honest I hate fishing more due to the company than the skill itself. I find if you just ignore them that many will assume you just keep chat off... and keeping chat off or on friends can have its perks too.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

It's really not to hard to deal with those kinds of people. If they bother you you report them and tell them you reported them. They usually will flip out, its hilarious :lol: .

Haha I do that all the time, the f2p kids especially freak, they usually say 'toast i repotd u bck for nt doin emot adn cuz u reportd me 4 swerin'

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Looks like you've found the cycle.

1 high level treats a low level bad and immediatly the sterotype starts

1 low levelTHINKING that he'll treat him bad because of all the rumors cusses him out and high levels hate all low levels...

I'm currently a level a lvl 103, and helping newbs (not noobs, dont mix them up) from varrock to yanille using the longway is daily stuff for me.

I try to help people as much as possible... Sometimes i am a tad busy doin stuff and i get called a noob by a lower lvl that i don't have time to help... That sounds really bad that i don't have time to help someone.. but when i'm training slayer killin monsters i don't have time to just drop everything i'm doin to go show someone where ardougne is.. The reason i help others is because way back when i was a low lvl i was helped out by a few people so i figure i'd be nice and do the same cause the advice they gave me really helped a whole lot.

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp