Unimaginable Rudeness

beniscool218

I think on Tutorial Island there needs to be a politeness teacher.

He teaches you basic politeness and respect for other players.

It may sound corny but something has to be done.

There is a monk fellow who speaks about friends list and sort of mentions politeness. But maybe it needs to be emphasised more.

I blame miniclip.

Miniclip is the route of all evil.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a lvl 88 (yes not very high) but my skills are about even (20 levels max between each skill). I often get yelled at etc but I tend not to listen, being in world 99 is alot nicer IMHO as alot of people know who I am or have seen me around before, so they stick up for me and it is really nice.

I also like to help people, I go to f2p often to hand out full steel (every f2p steel item available) and I also help alot of people with prices, quests, skills, etc....I find that if you be nice to people it is catching and it soon get's spread, so if someone does something nice for you (even if it is letting you buy an item a few gp less than it's worth) do something nice for someone else and hopefully RuneScape can become a nice place to be again.

If any of you see me, need any help or just fancy a chat, feel free to. Don't be offended if I do not answer straight away because I get swamped with IM's from friends, fans and random people :P :lol:

Enjoy your time on RuneScape!

Saskia Snow

Old 'Scaper - returned * Former TET Leader * Council of Elders Member * Confirmed Scaredy Cat * Mother of 6 * Quester * Friend to many

saskia_snow.png

1word for that.. SAD! Anyway, u did great not flaming back :? i always get people flaming if i dont wanne do emote -.- they probably dont have any power irl ::'

2384 Overall ~ 15 maxed out skills

http://forum.tip.it/topic/293650-hazezors-blog-old-pictures-2007-a-vid/ --> Check out my blog!

Dude was in Ardy South bank buying Limps.

Him: Buying limps, 700ea

*repeat 5 times*

Me: We have no limps or are not selling them

Me: Shut up

Pmod says something here

Him: Re

Him: Ta

Him: Rd (aimed at me)

Me: Shut the hell up

Him: [insert your mamma joke]

Me: Get lost

Him: buying limps, 700ea

Me: We are not selling

Him: [insert something stupid] rtrd

Pmod: Was waiting for that

Him: Muted

Me: Bout time he shut up.

you don't seem to be very nice from that either

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Thats just pathetic, people have nothing better to do then to say the stupidest things. I get people like that all the time when i'm merchanting. I'll post a thread on the forum stating the price is firm yet people still PM me asking for a lower price. I decline and they call me foul names and tell me to "learn the prices" when one minute later I sell whatever i'm selling lol.

My Main

bronzemzammyvest,nikoli40.gif

nikoli40.gif

Uhg. I hate people like that!

Like a few days ago, I was at castle wars after I got 94 magic, and I was barraging. Then this level 120+ on our team got our flag, so I was trying to protect him by freezing the guys running to him. So I said "Hey dude, come in front of the wall so I can protect you more." And he said "I don't need noobs telling what to do, ty." "You obviously don't play castlewars often, do you?"

THAT'S what I get for helping this guy?..

Quit - October 7th, 2007.

1700 Total, 4 years of RS.

signatureqb0.jpg

^Click for Blog^

With something that extreme, you've got to assume the kid has some sort of mental disorder. Normal people just don't behave like that. :|

indeed this situation strikes me as plain stupid, i am rude as well very rude actually lol. but its usually after being provoked or some1 is arrogant. infact while recording a video of me playing runescape it showed me reporting a lvl 99 for calling me a noob. just because i want people to have to tip toe around with their arrogance.

however this was just funny to read i was like wow the guy who was being rude didnt expect to get reported?? because i would have reported him @ least twice.

As depressing as this always seems... these kinds of people are those who don't really can understand the fact that there's a living preson sitting behind the avatar. Therefor they have no grudge against insulting the avatar, their "hate" isn't directed to you, but against everything. They want to seems superior so they insult everything and everyone they come over except those who can help them get better, they suck up to those kinds of persons.

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve

Dude was in Ardy South bank buying Limps.

*repeat 5 times*

Me: We have no limps or are not selling them

Me: Shut up

Pmod says something here

Him: Re

Him: Ta

Him: Rd (aimed at me)

Me: Shut the hell up

Him: [insert your mamma joke]

Me: Get lost

Him: buying limps, 700ea

Me: We are not selling

Him: [insert something stupid] rtrd

Pmod: Was waiting for that

Him: Muted

Me: Bout time he shut up.

you don't seem to be very nice from that either

I was in a crap mood that day.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

i hardly even care what random people say to me that i've only met for 10 seconds of my life and can only judge you on runescape :roll: the only reason people go rude is they are upset about something and find best ways to cuss out anyone that crosses their path

Kuja_Cocoa.png

Over my course of Runescape gameplay (about 2 years now), I have encountered a few people who don't know the definition of "polite".

My most recent encounter would be with a player who out of the blue asked if he could buy some of my Monkfish for a ridiculously low price (something around 75 or so), and when I declined him, without flaming him, he proceeded to calling my mother names. Now, I had read about tricks for people who used this insult tactic, so using Dalcyte's strategy, I lied and said, "My mother is dead." Thinking now that anyone in the right mind would just shut up after this, he didn't something very rude and unexpected. He said, "Good. She deserves to be dead."; he then logged out. I was practically speechless after hearing this. I didn't know if he was joking or not (fairly hard to tell the difference here), but it sounded pretty genuine to me.

So to make this post relevant, if you have had any encounters with extremely rude or impolite players, post your experience here.

EDIT: I did report him after he said these things.

i pk quite a bit, yesterday when i died to 3 lvl 90s they said (bleep) u noob

and i said gf, i came back to get my sara staff n stuff, they all started saying go home noob and other insulting stuff.

0mfg0rz.png

IM A RC PKER 4 LIFE

Most people think that they can act however they want because they think that nobody will know who it really is playng behind them. This is not true people who think that really need to make another assesment on human politeness.

prospektssigza4.jpg

so using Dalcyte's strategy, I lied and said, "My mother is dead."

That tactic has never worked, I tried it once but they proceeded to say what disturbing things they would do with my mothers corpse. There truely is some twisted kids today.

The best solution is the ignore feature.

inferno_char.png

I can tell you the reason of rudeness in RuneScape. It is because all of the high levels decline, ignore, and tell off the low levels. Thus when low levels become high levels they be rude to low levels. -.-

No.

The people who are to blame are the people who are being rude.

I do my best to remain polite -- even when being besieged by idiots!. Most of the time I have private chat and trade set to friends, because I can't deal with the flood of messages that I'm inundated with if I don't.

What gets me is when I try to be helpful, and then get subjected to a stream of invective because I'm not going to hold someone's hand or spoonfeed them. Usually it's along these lines:

Random Player: "where's [place]"

Me: *gives directions*

RP: will u taek me their?

Me: No I'm busy right now.

RP: [stream of misspelled invective]

I'm not here to play their game, I'm here to play mine!

hugh_mannity.png

Is this ever going to stop? Yes, most people in Runescape are impolite and idiotic. It's been like that for years; this isn't anything new. Seems to me you all just need an ego boost.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Honestly I'm surprised you found someone so rude at monkfish, normally quest required spots are noob-proof for the most part.

They weren't actively fishing with me at Monkfish, they PMed me about buying some of my Monkfish. Just to clear that up.

Click here.

If you go there good things will transpire.

wow that sounds like something my little brother would say...and hes 6 :shock:

Your 6 year old brother would say that? How immature lol. But seriously anyone sick enough to take pleasure in the death of some ones loved ones should be lobotomised.

Azzazeal.png

untitled6kv7.gif