Is Jagex Over Cooking Runescape?

xarronx

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all live in a consumer society where quantity>quality on a regular basis.People think that we should get freqvent updates and it will be better

The hunter skill was released because people didn't have what to do anymore(the high level players who had max overal) and to keep them playing.On this matter i must also say that the skill is far to easy and should have been something more like farming (not hard but slow) i mean come one like 10 ppl in rs already have 99 everything!

Final1.jpg

Barbarian assault being repetitive? If you're complaining about repetitiveness I would look to fishing, woodcutting, mining and all the other skills. The minigame forces you to diversify by making you play in all four of the roles.

I agree they seem to be churning out updates just so that they can say 'we update our game weekly' which would attract new customers but doesn't really do the game any good. Hunting wasn't really the best skill to introduce considering they still need to finish their previous skills before bringing out new skills. For example we still don't have blood and soul runecrafting yet it says you can make them when you get the level and farming should really be called garderning not farming.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Im happy with weekly/constant updates. It not only attracts new players and supplies more things to do, so that people dont quit, but also keeps players from "winning" runescape. Several of you said you would have plenty to do if jagex didnt update for a year. But what about after that year? There will be a bunch of zezimas running around, and who wants that?

sigig0.png

newscapere4.gif

I'm really starting to get sick of these whiners... :evil:

If you honestly need updates to keep you going then just quit. I could be satisfied for over half a year without one update and I'd still have plenty to do. I'm tired of the whiners about bad updates and such, its just getting old :wall:

i second that notion, despite what you might think, jagex does think out its content very well. and i for one like quests!!!! :thumbsup:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

HUNTING IS THE BEST SKILL EVER!!! red chin's are the best ranged x in the game... remember?? <3:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Hunting - A skill that should never have been released:

Barbarian Assault ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ A minigame that also should never have been released:

Quests ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Jagex seems committed to releasing new content that is unappealing to a large proportion of the community.

Hunting has helped ranging, which players have wanted.Plus hunter is another way for players to make money.

Barb Assault, there is nothing wrong with it, its actually pretty fun. It brings new armour into the game.

Quests bring more area in runescape, alot of the times the use quests to bring out new areas.

pan.png

yeah its definately overcooked, have you ever seen all the burnt bones and trees in the wilderness?

So anyway, they can't please everybody at once obviously, so they try to please a bunch of people quickly, maybe its like 5% pleased a week, so after 2 months, at least everybody is pleased. Its practically impossible to get an update that makes everyone happy.

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

I completley agree with you, Jagex doesn't know how to treat us anymore, useless updates are the main topic in every month's Behind the scenes since early 2006.

Like almost everything in life, its better at the begining - look at quests such as Heroes, Legends, DT - I dont think we will be seeing any more of these exiting quests. IÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôm afraid that its our own fault - sites like Tip.it took much fun out of the game - making it easier than actually needed, this is when quests lost their point - when you didnÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt even need to think to complete the fun ones - how do you expect Jagex to work hard if sites like RuneHq or tip.it bring a quest guide every time a quest is released?

Jagex forgot about the skills that already exist, and tried to satisfy us with skill capes - but what they left was a huge hole in the skill - they should make further updates in the higher lvls so that thereÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôs a larger motivation to alteast get 99's that are usefull for something and not just for a cape.

I know its easy to talk - and that I will be critizised for my comments, but its not just Jagex fault, its the comunities fault all together what will end up destroying Runescape.

sig4ej9.jpg

no tẻ̮̱̉o boca pa te xupar los cojones

Vold failed spanish class. I love Vold.

I'm really starting to get sick of these whiners... :evil:

If you honestly need updates to keep you going then just quit. I could be satisfied for over half a year without one update and I'd still have plenty to do. I'm tired of the whiners about bad updates and such, its just getting old :wall:

Don't listen or care then? they have an opinion just deal with it

Arma Hilts-2

Bandos Drops-22

Zamork Hilt-1

Dragon Drops-122

Dk Drops-47

Whip Drops-10

99's-Herblore/Prayer/Fletching/Crafting/Constitution

2200 Total in under 100 days played

My Blog :D http://forum.tip.it/topic/301717-jessomephyrexials-blog/#entry5018330

Eh, Jagex has been producing this game for what, 5-6 years? The fact that they can't produce more meaningful updates pretty much shows how they've grown as a company. To me it just seems like they're filling the game with updates they haven't tested enough and just rushing into to fill the community's need for mass updating. I've been logging in every so often to try something new and bam, glitch/ bug. From a "FUN" point of view, yeah sure. Tons of fun for I guess a lot of people. From an "EXPERIENCE" point of view, downright terrible. If they've been clocking in hours for development of RS3 or something, that could explain some of it. But when I'm finishing a quest only to get some points and then go RIGHT back to what I was doing before, what's the deal? Seriously I'd be fine without pointless "fun" quests. I enjoy having every quest finished, and these "fun" ones as everyone calls them are time wasters. Fun quests are DT, Mourning's End, Legends. I enjoyed every single quest released from classic, and quite a few in the beginning of RS2. Probably because they don't have the mass amounts of lame humor in them.

But hey! My opinion is just me whining because I agree with xarronx. OH WELL

61784167.jpg

Those are all the good/great updates. Heres the useless ones.

Olaf's quest. junk reward Will probably be the start of a serie of hard quests

Tower of life. Fun quest I personally don't like items that don't even stack in your bank and are pritty useless(aka, lunch box things great idea jagex, not)

Hunter, HOW USELESS!!!! even if your lvl 3-40 it's useless. How is an imp in a magic box that ONLY takes 2 items to the bank. Yea I'm reely gunna put 2 of 100,000 coins in the bank. For your information Imps store a whole stack of the item, say you want to put that 100k coins in your bank, itll be done, with one use

Dragon 2h. Yea it might have 96+ str or w/e but how slow is it!?!?! and it's a 2h. With its special its able to do tremendous amount of damage, you might even want to become the worlds best hitter with this thing

Death to the doreshuun. WHAT A USELESS REWARD!!!! even for a level 40 it's a useless reward. .... No comment :P

Cross bows. This has to be one of the most useless and dumbest updates ever. Well a dragonbreath is nice, but I agree this doesnt happen too often

The new treasure trail stuff(not including 3rd age or blessed dhides). HOW USELESS um yea jagex I"m going to use a glory(t) just because it looks better. WHY DON'T YOU JUST UPDATE THE NORMAL AMMYS!!! THEY LOOK TERIBLE!!!! Thats your opinion, why would people wear rune (t) stuff? Because its cool, and it adds something special to the armour itself

*cough* thats my opinion.

I LOVE hunter, I really realy do, but we need more stuff to hunt after 71

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Those are all the good/great updates. Heres the useless ones.

Olaf's quest. junk reward Will probably be the start of a serie of hard quests

Tower of life. Fun quest I personally don't like items that don't even stack in your bank and are pritty useless(aka, lunch box things great idea jagex, not)

Hunter, HOW USELESS!!!! even if your lvl 3-40 it's useless. How is an imp in a magic box that ONLY takes 2 items to the bank. Yea I'm reely gunna put 2 of 100,000 coins in the bank. For your information Imps store a whole stack of the item, say you want to put that 100k coins in your bank, itll be done, with one use

Dragon 2h. Yea it might have 96+ str or w/e but how slow is it!?!?! and it's a 2h. With its special its able to do tremendous amount of damage, you might even want to become the worlds best hitter with this thing

Death to the doreshuun. WHAT A USELESS REWARD!!!! even for a level 40 it's a useless reward. .... No comment :P

Cross bows. This has to be one of the most useless and dumbest updates ever. Well a dragonbreath is nice, but I agree this doesnt happen too often

The new treasure trail stuff(not including 3rd age or blessed dhides). HOW USELESS um yea jagex I"m going to use a glory(t) just because it looks better. WHY DON'T YOU JUST UPDATE THE NORMAL AMMYS!!! THEY LOOK TERIBLE!!!! Thats your opinion, why would people wear rune (t) stuff? Because its cool, and it adds something special to the armour itself

*cough* thats my opinion.

I LOVE hunter, I really realy do, but we need more stuff to hunt after 71

i agree hunting need 80+ stuff but then again... red chins are the BEST RANGED XP IN THE GAME!!!

you can get 350k xp an hour(or so it is said) and still people are saying the hunting is a useless skill... how many people would hate you saying that... almost 1/4 of the people who have gotten 99 since hunting came out have used red chins for at least 5mil xp!!!

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009