Is Jagex Over Cooking Runescape?

xarronx

Hunting was released to bring in red chinchompas, they are currently the best ranged exp in the game and that was the main point if you ask me, it extremely useful or should the 10m in my bank from hunting be good enough? Barbarian assault was released mainly for the equipment, especially the fighter torso, jagex wants people to actually work for those good items and if you can take out the time to get something good, or do you want it just handed to you..if so... :shame:

You might want to put more effort into your posts.

Cool55155.png

814 to 99 Hunter

Trimmed Hunter Cape: 99 Cooking

Total Barrows Items: 53

Total Barrows Earnings: 65,545,000gp

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a thought..

If you don't like the recent updates, send in your own suggestions. Jagex DOES listen to its players from time to time.

Also; I like quests. I think they are fun, and they often reward you with clothing/accessories that make your character more unique.

P.S. to the original poster: I had no idea what your title "is jagex over cooking runescape" meant until I opened the thread. I thought it had something to do with pies...

tablw5.png

Kill corporate radio. http://www.killradio.org

Add the following:

Gnome cooking minigame.

Every recent quest save for the Ice Troll Isles quest.

In general, way too many of their updates settle for being island or "fringe" quests/minigames where the new locations are underground or off on some far off area. Much of the map does need development, but it seems that too often Jagex rushes a new quest or update and just shoves it off to an unused corner of the map. They don't really care about it, we don't either, and the bs continues... (for a good read, try Harry Frankfurt - "On BS")

Personally I don't see the quest "reward" as sufficient for determining whether a quest is good or not. Rather, I feel that if it introduces new usable areas of the map it is much more important. The quest itself plays the largest role, but how worthwhile it is to you is another matter. Speaking of reawrds, of course I use the Keris dagger and the herb patch from My Arm, and the balloon rides, etc... (I love farming and slaying, what can I say?) <3:

But I think we can all agree that a new area that we can all use (productively) is a lot more fun than a few k exp or an item you'll only occasionally use. (Think: ape atoll, elven lands)

For this reason, I felt that the Ice Troll quest area has been the best recent (quest) update. Others come to mind of course, but none come as close.

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

I whole heartidly agree and was thinking this exact thing to myself why do they update every week like are they going to update every week till the game dies because by the end of it the updates are just going to suck really bad. i personally think there is TO MANY updates aswell.

Dragon_Scyth.png

"Boredom got me playing, Boredom stops me from playing. It's a vicious cycle."

I disagree with your opinion on the new quests as useless, they are fun to do with 2 new different story lines every month, i like they way they release 2 quests a month. Now not all quests are useful with your skilling, but with unique story lines they are fun to complete.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Why are most of you flaming him? He brings up a very important point. Jagex is pumping out new updates which haven't been thought out faster then Britney Spears is losing panties.

Exactly my idea.

Despite the fact that I don't agree with some of the examples mentioned by the topicstarter (like hunter being useless), I 101% agree with his statement 'quality over quantity'!

Should quality be possible with a frequence of weekly updates (which I doubt), then I'll be glad to see the weekly updates coming.

However, please stop the flood of new skills, minigames, quests for a while and let Jagex update some existing content!

There is so much to improve on existing skills and minigames...

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

i suppose you don't consider MEII, or the possible III tihs month, or RFD, a high level quest.

Relax, enjoy the game, if u don't like the updates, quit, when u come back (if u do) there'll be like 100 mroe updates to satisfy you for a year

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

It seems Jagex are making updates that they want, not what thier more important customers want. Jagex also seems to be making updates aimed at 5-10 year olds and to the lower level audience, the updates being made are not what I call "a real gamer" update.

Us players want updates that benefit our character greatly and our playing style so that it's worth it.

For example:

We need plently more skill additons for the older skills that seem to get left behind. Upgrade the older areas of the game, we've got very old and brand new things tied together in the game. Make summoning and everyone (most) will be happy. Make the quest sequels that everyone wants.

Those wilderness capes were a waste of an idea.

Barbarian assault could of been a much better and fun game.

I like lots of quests...as long they are worth completing.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Those words are purely based on your own opinion? Though some grown ups feel recent updates have been crappy but think about Jagex's audience. Kids are their target. Do kids think they're stupid? Maybe not. Tbh i don't think those new quests are that bad. Hunter is a nice skill and BA is an awesome minigame

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Hunting - weoght reducing capes, cool clothes and gloves and a very good ranged weapon.

Barb assault - i like this game but no one ever plays it\

Quests - yeah they're stupid now

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

hunting- completely useless and boring with no useful reward

so what if you get a cape at level 50 that takes 5kg's off your weight? its almost useless

barb assuault- a good game, but runescape is mostly populated by idiots who cant click on a horn in their invintory every 2 minutes.

quests- I love quests, the mornings ends storyline is good, as is the troll line, but many quests (mostly the new ones) are completely useless. for instance, eagles peak. what do you get? the ability to hunt feretts and a eagle cape. or tower of life? purses and backpacks. update quality is going down, but if they start releasing updates less often, people complain even more.

also, they have not upgraded some skills in literally years. take smithing for example. name 1 update to it in the past 2 years.

Here's a thought..

If you don't like the recent updates, send in your own suggestions. Jagex DOES listen to its players from time to time.

Yep i didn't know where most of the updates came from then i asked a few of my friends and i knew where about five updates came from. Only one from me and that wasn't exactly too detailed, it was the fact that there was a massive gap in fishing.

ancientwv8.png

untitled6kv7.gif98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

also, they have not upgraded some skills in literally years. take smithing for example. name 1 update to it in the past 2 years.

I understand your point, but a few would be nails for brutal arrows, bolts, and bolt limbs.

As far as smithable armor though, you're right. (Smith X anyone???)

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

I'm really starting to get sick of these whiners... :evil:

If you honestly need updates to keep you going then just quit. I could be satisfied for over half a year without one update and I'd still have plenty to do. I'm tired of the whiners about bad updates and such, its just getting old :wall:

did you even read what he said?

No where in his post does he say he needs updates to play the game.

He's saying the updates aren't thought out well enough, and were rushed.

He even says that updates DONT need to be released every week to make players happy.

So, basically, your whole post is irrelevant.

to the creator - I agree 100%. There is no point to an update, especially a minigame, where players do it for a week or 2, and then forget about it. It becomes a waste of space. Look at the Sq'irk place already. Im pretty sure Im the only person I ever see there on world 99.

On the contrary, I believe that RS is erm... undercooked lol.

So many incomplete skills such as Farming, Hunting, Slaying even Smithing which are absolutely screaming out for some kind of content update.

I wish Jagex would lay off the pointless stuff like satchels and various other pointless updates and concentrate on the existing stuff that urgently needs updated

Harrington.gif

On the contrary, I believe that RS is erm... undercooked lol.

So many incomplete skills such as Farming, Hunting, Slaying even Smithing which are absolutely screaming out for some kind of content update.

I wish Jagex would lay off the pointless stuff like satchels and various other pointless updates and concentrate on the existing stuff that urgently needs updated

There honestly isnt much more that can be done to smithing.

Its been around since the start, and you can already make every armor type and basic weapon other than dragon and Treasure trail armor.

Being able to make black armor would prove somewhat useless too, and thats the only thing I can think of that could be added.

I'd just like to pledge my support for the author and say I completely agree with him. In Runescape Classic Jagex put alot more effort into their updates and they were enjoyed by all. Now, just because their target audience is...well people with...hmm..less intelligence (i'm not saying age as I started this game when I was 12 and never begged) they feel the need to update weekly.

I rarely check the update page nowadays because chances are it is some poorly designed quest with some dorky humour in it. Runescape is truly a great game but I lately alot of the updates have become tedious and annoying.

But hey! Maybe that's just me growing out of the game...

I disagree also...

How co you expect Jagex to listen every person in the community...its isn't as simple as classic was...there are many, many times more people now a days, and I'm Guessing that a majority of them don't care about the community; they just want to "Pwnzors s0m3 nubs in the wildy" those are the people who complain when there is no update in a given week, they are also the peopel who complain even when they do get an update.

On a different topic.....it's no like Jagex only spend a week to come up with the updates; a great amount of time is spent going from concept to implementation in the game...You try make a game with better updates and make it last longer than Runescape.

Rubber chicken, you're the one,

who makes Runescape, so much fun!

Would be fun if jagex brought in biological warfare... Or even Tesla coils.

I like to eat cake while excruciating!

Well I for one agree with the author of this thread and apparently so do many other people.

For those of you who havent noticed Jagex has been running a "High level content" thread for a while now and it is the popular opinion on that thread that Jagex overproduces all but useless updates, pointless areas, things that will never be used again, quests that are of no challenge and of no reward, and basically just quantity over quality about 90% of the time. Many of the times they put things out that just seem that nobody thought them through at all.

Seems to me they just rush to get the updats out and don't take the time to be creative.. Such as: Have you ever noticed that when hunting if you lay a bird snare your character bends over and does the EXACT SAME action as you do when you light a fire. Im serious check it out. #-o

IMG]http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/12/Superstyle4.png[/img]

Xbox Live Username: ILINI

Has Jagex lost touch with its gaming cummunity or have i come to expect different things from jagex as i have matured over the years?

My thread is asking is jagex just releasing content for the sake of it with no actual deep thought about how it will benifit the game?. Are they doing this because people have come to expect weekly content updates?

i agree, i'm suprised that theres an update every week, that just shows how much work jagex puts into each update. i think they should work on making the updates better and putting more time into it. i could care less if there's an update everyweek, just as long as when there is an update it'll be worth it.

Runescape Supreme Destiny

120/122 combat http://www.supremedestiny.com.my

99/99 str lvl 300 mortal

94/95 def lvl 220 god

99/99 att STAYCW2