Autoer Solution(Updated with combination of ideas)

This may have been suggested already, so if it is locked, I understand...Read the bold part at the end

Agressive monsters at resource gathering sites. This would severely damage the autoers, if not kill them. I think many can agree that in f2p, the most common places to find autoers are mining coal/iron, chopping yews or willows, or mining essence. I say that in each of the areas with these, there is a "guarder" of that resource. Say at yew trees you encounter "Yew Guarder" and at Coal you find "Coal Guarder" and on and on...The point is that autoers don't usually respond well to agressive randoms, and when they do, they just have to wait a few seconds, and random goes away.

I'd there should be 1 "guarder" for every resource. Except in mining guild, where there are tons of coal rocks, this would be beneficial to covering all the autoers without majorly disrupting people. So in an area with 3 yews, there will be three guarders. However in rune essence there should be maybe 4 monsters per big rock of essence.

Or...this could also work...same concept, but instead, the guarders will randomly walk up to you if you are gathering a resource, and ask you three, easy to answer questions. If you get 2 of them wrong(I say two because you may accidently misclick), you are emblazoned with a skull similar to the pking one, which leaves you open to the fury of not just the one that asked you the questions, but ALL guarders, even ones of different resources, for 5 minutes in the game; you simply cannot log out for 5 minutes for it to go away. This should work quite nicely to halt autoers...Oh and the guarder would only ask you the questions when you come into the area after a while of not being there, say, returning from a bank trip, and they will ask you, and until you bank and come back, they won't ask you again.

Maybe for the questions you must type in the answer...since autoers can't type... I don't know, this is simply another idea to stop autoers, the bane of high levels hard work...Thank you.

Another Idea!

This combines the last one and the first one I made a few days ago.

Instead of attacking, the Guarders freeze you in place until you answer the question correctly.

rune,Gen.%20Chris.gif

Gen.%20Chris.gif

Proud owner of 3 santa hats

Fairly good. There are three bad things I can think of right now...

1. New players. They don't know much about RuneScape. They won't be able to answer those questions.

2. Chance. Autoers might be programmed to randomly select answers. The chance of getting two or three wrong is 4/8. 1/2. Half the time, the autoer will go free. So it'll only eliminate half the autoers.

3. Aftermath. The autoer dies, loses nothing except for the axe or whatever it was using. Then it can buy another one (Or the person that created the account mules one over from his main account) and continue autoing. Not much was done, other than somewhat slow done the macroers.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

1. New players. They don't know much about RuneScape. They won't be able to answer those questions.

2. Chance. Autoers might be programmed to randomly select answers. The chance of getting two or three wrong is 4/8. 1/2. Half the time, the autoer will go free. So it'll only eliminate half the autoers.

3. Aftermath. The autoer dies, loses nothing except for the axe or whatever it was using. Then it can buy another one (Or the person that created the account mules one over from his main account) and continue autoing. Not much was done, other than somewhat slow done the macroers.

I never said it was perfect, and any slowing down is good enough for me(it is a start)...and how many new players will you see cutting yews?And thats why I said type in answers as a possibility as well.

rune,Gen.%20Chris.gif

Gen.%20Chris.gif

I never said it was perfect, and any slowing down is good enough for me(it is a start)...and how many new players will you see cutting yews?And thats why I said type in answers as a possibility as well.

well i see many new players mining ess and iron

Gyroman25.gif

Yes, but if an autoer triggers the event 5 times, the odds of them successfully escaping is 1/32.

nh.jpg

Sacrifices must be made in order to get rid of..autoers lol

and boohoo for the poor low levels :boohoo:

they should read the manual before playing

rune,Gen.%20Chris.gif

Gen.%20Chris.gif

Sacrifices must be made in order to get rid of..autoers lol

and boohoo for the poor low levels :boohoo:

they should read the manual before playing

no noth boohoo for the low levels when i was new i didn't read the manual didn't even know there was one this thang makes good players (hint hint like me :lol: ) sacrifice i dont like this idea its a load of junk.... good try thow

DoD:S ownage

what we have here is a ..um.. failur to communcate

check out my steam ID page @ alpha company

So your saying that everyone should be attacked just because they're trying to cut yews down? Do you know what that would do to cutting times and through cutting time the prices? Think about it for a second. Do YOU want to have to deal with an aggressive monster that respawns at every iron/coal/yew/anything else? Or do you want to be interrupted every 2 minutes to be asked 3 useless questions?

also it doesn't necceseraly have to be a hard or even RS related question, it could be a really really really easy question, like which of these is the anagram of elloh, hello, dog, cat, something like that would still hinder them and they would get wrong

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Okay...

1. Make really easy questions about math or something. Since not everyone speaks English well, there can't be any spelling related questions, or any anagrams as people may not know what those are. Therefore, Arabic numerals are pretty much the only universal language...Everyone playing RuneScape ought to know 2+2=?

2. You said slowing down is enough. This slows down regular players too. Do you want to sacrifice those seconds you could save just to slightly slow down some autoers? And say an autoer creates 10 accounts. The number of autoers that will get in based on probabilities is 5. The other 5 return after death. This time, 2-3 get in. The ones that don't return. This repeats until all the autoers are in. SOME of the autoers have just lost a few minutes. Not going to do much.

And the sacrifices always suggested to slow down autoers are new players and skillers. New players are important, without them the number of players go down, as people quit. Skillers are players too, and aren't always secondary accounts. Some people have them as main accounts. There's nothing unimportant you can sacrifice to stop autoers, except for the time that could be spent reporting them.

doublesmileyface1.png

Okay...

1. Make really easy questions about math or something. Since not everyone speaks English well, there can't be any spelling related questions, or any anagrams as people may not know what those are. Therefore, Arabic numerals are pretty much the only universal language...Everyone playing RuneScape ought to know 2+2=?

2. You said slowing down is enough. This slows down regular players too. Do you want to sacrifice those seconds you could save just to slightly slow down some autoers? And say an autoer creates 10 accounts. The number of autoers that will get in based on probabilities is 5. The other 5 return after death. This time, 2-3 get in. The ones that don't return. This repeats until all the autoers are in. SOME of the autoers have just lost a few minutes. Not going to do much.

And the sacrifices always suggested to slow down autoers are new players and skillers. New players are important, without them the number of players go down, as people quit. Skillers are players too, and aren't always secondary accounts. Some people have them as main accounts. There's nothing unimportant you can sacrifice to stop autoers, except for the time that could be spent reporting them.

I meant slowing down as when they are killed for answering the question wrong. And skillers won't suffer if they know the correct answers. They should be easy questions, but still things that a program can't answer

rune,Gen.%20Chris.gif

Gen.%20Chris.gif

I meant slowing down as when they are killed for answering the question wrong. And skillers won't suffer if they know the correct answers. They should be easy questions, but still things that a program can't answer

I suppose...But couldn't the autoers just store up like 50 rune axes in their banks? Then automatically go to a bank and withdraw it after they die or whatever? It'll only take a few minutes...And it won't get rid of autoers for good. But yes, it'll slow them down. Slightly. Skillers won't be harmed in this suggestion, but many past suggestions affected skillers badly.

doublesmileyface1.png

What about spelling?

Noobs that are not autoers, simply "1337$P3/\l<3R$", could be killed and so...

I suggest that the "Guardian" have program that makes it go to every new player entering the place (door), or shouting if someone logs in, "Mememe513, please report!", and you start walking closer to them.

mememe513.png

@ Guardians- There are a lot of low level skillers that I am sure would be bothered if this was ever changed. And these garders are similar too the random events that programers can easily wright a script to avoid, so I guess they can do the same for these guys aswell...

@ The loggout think- What if an innocent player just happens to answer all three questions wrong? Must he suffer by not logging out for 5 minutes? What if he has to leave right away, should he just leave his account there to die? And also it seems to just be a general nuissence that will do more harm to the legitimate rs players then hurt the autoers.

Or...this could also work...same concept, but instead, the guarders will randomly walk up to you if you are gathering a resource, and ask you three, easy to answer questions.
Please, no more crappy randoms. I don't care if I do know the answers, I would really rather not waste my time. The security stronghold is bad enough, we don't need all of Runescape to be just as annoying.

...since autoers can't type...
Autotalkers do exist. They are most commonly used in conjunction with other rule violations, such as the "Jagex blocks ur pass look *****" scam, malicious website advertising, and item scams.

Agressive monsters at resource gathering sites. This would severely damage the autoers, if not kill them.
Autoers can script to train combat; it isn't necessary at this point, so they don't bother. If aggressive monsters become more common, autoers will be level 35 instead of level 5. That's a precious little gain in the fight against macroes considering how difficult it would make life for low-level skillers.

Or...this could also work...same concept, but instead, the guarders will randomly walk up to you if you are gathering a resource, and ask you three, easy to answer questions.
Please, no more crappy randoms. I don't care if I do know the answers, I would really rather not waste my time. The security stronghold is bad enough, we don't need all of Runescape to be just as annoying.

...since autoers can't type...
Autotalkers do exist. They are most commonly used in conjunction with other rule violations, such as the "Jagex blocks ur pass look *****" scam, malicious website advertising, and item scams.

Agressive monsters at resource gathering sites. This would severely damage the autoers, if not kill them.
Autoers can script to train combat; it isn't necessary at this point, so they don't bother. If aggressive monsters become more common, autoers will be level 35 instead of level 5. That's a precious little gain in the fight against macroes considering how difficult it would make life for low-level skillers.

yes, autotalkers do exist, but they have a pre-formed phrase that they keep saying over and over...How is an autoer supposed to know what is being said on the screen?

The few seconds used to answer the question is better than having a program, which could be severely obsolete if this idea was ever implemented, that could take resources that you, who has spent time training your skill to get that high so you could gather that resource, deserve.

Let's take myself for example: Where I cut yews, 99% of the time I'm the only character there who actually has someone playing it(myself). Now with mutiple autoers there, I could be there for 10 minutes before I get a full load. If all the autoers were gone, and it only took 10-20 seconds to answer the questions, and I get a full load in 5 minutes(because there are no autoers there to get the resources they don't deserve), I do think that the small 10-20 seconds used would be worth it, but that is only my opinion :thumbsup:

rune,Gen.%20Chris.gif

Gen.%20Chris.gif

I dont know if this has been sugested as I am rather tierd and have only read the first 2 posts. I say randomes like the evil chicken need to be made more powerfull. as it is I have seen an auto outlast the evil chickens attacks untill it got bord and goes away. rick can barely hit them and they simply walk away, the tree spirit is too slow so they walk away, captain hand...

the only randome that I have seen that kills bots is the sandwidge lady and maby those crediters.

even then they just come back. one thing that would sure help is if jagex could some how put two and two togeather and figure out that if there are ten reports on ten diffrent bots with the same first name and 4 letters aftewerds and the reporter keeps yelling there in a series but keeps seing more and more of them come untill he relises there are thausands of them. maby if in such cases they could develp a program to scan for that name it would reely help.

I could go on and on about what would help with the bot problem. that said your idea is drastic, I dont like the stronghold of security becouse of those blasted doors. it will reely kill runescape if they ask you questions. maby more aggresive randomes and a leathel evil chicken with a default level of 50 that persues its prey more than 5 squares would do much to solve the problem. maby an auto scan of heavely bot trafficted areas would help. theres alot of things that would help but this would just make us sesoned players run for the hills.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Maybe for the questions you must type in the answer...since autoers can't type...

public class keyPresses

{

public static void main(String args[])

{

for(int i=0; i

{

(new java.awt.Robot()).keyPress(Integer.parseInt(args[i]));

(new java.awt.Robot()).keyRelease(Integer.parseInt(args[i]));

}

}

}

And that is all the code required for typing where args[] contains the value of each key to be pressed. Learn some facts before you say things. And before someone yells "OMFGZorxz Chetzor!" at me, I would like to mention that this code has many uses besides runescape. It would however require only about 10 more lines of code to be a perfect autotyper, so that also shows you how pointless it is to buy an auto typer.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Maybe for the questions you must type in the answer...since autoers can't type...

public class keyPresses

{

public static void main(String args[])

{

for(int i=0; i

{

(new java.awt.Robot()).keyPress(Integer.parseInt(args[i]));

(new java.awt.Robot()).keyRelease(Integer.parseInt(args[i]));

}

}

}

And that is all the code required for typing where args[] contains the value of each key to be pressed. Learn some facts before you say things. And before someone yells "OMFGZorxz Chetzor!" at me, I would like to mention that this code has many uses besides runescape. It would however require only about 10 more lines of code to be a perfect autotyper, so that also shows you how pointless it is to buy an auto typer.

But how would the autoer be able to tell which question is being asked?

rune,Gen.%20Chris.gif

Gen.%20Chris.gif

Same way they were able to tell the sleepwords on rs1, with an OCR. Leosleep I believe is whats used now, and before that there was FurbyOCR until the owner's paypal got jacked.

edit: OCR = Optical Character Recognition

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

:lol: Some people know nothing about bots at all...Jagex could only program so many questions...believe it or not, bots can read interfaces :roll: ...so lets say the question was "What is 2+2?", they bots could easily have that programmed in to search for the anwer "4" in the options, heck, they're able to solve the mystery box, freaky forester, mime, demon, MOM, Sandwitch lady, etc...this would be cake for the programmers.

Terrible idea, it would kill skillers (like me) and just make life more of a pain than it already is with useless randoms that are as "generous" as to give me 10 flax after spending 10 mins trying to figure out what to do ( :lol: beekeeper random)

Anyway, I dont support and I hope Jagex always takes skillers into mind when they plan on updating. :P

Now about skillers and your ignorance!

Highscores of skillers (3-30 combat Gods):

http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=noncombat

]6[/size] People are ranked under 100...Including Elishot who is #3 in thieving.

Please think before saying skillers are dumb or stupid, I'm sure most of them beat your total level...Elishot has 54 slayer at lvl 3 (maybe 4, I forget)...and I think Zzzamorak now has 55 (I guess they haven't been updated...meh...) I'm sure that probably beats most of your slayer levels with combat, it beats this thread creaters' slayer. Even their total levels...-7 Skills...beats most people's... :roll:

Reality check! Skillers OWN you.

Zzzamorak vs Gen Chris: (his total wins aswell...)

vslvl3hw9.png

Elishot vs Gen Chris:

vslvl3at5.png

I'd do more, but I dont have the time... :roll:

Zzzamorak is level 3, Elishot is level 3 or 4...

:lol: Some people know nothing about bots at all...Jagex could only program so many questions...believe it or not, bots can read interfaces :roll: ...so lets say the question was "What is 2+2?", they bots could easily have that programmed in to search for the anwer "4" in the options, heck, they're able to solve the mystery box, freaky forester, mime, demon, MOM, Sandwitch lady, etc...this would be cake for the programmers.

Terrible idea, it would kill skillers (like me) and just make life more of a pain than it already is with useless randoms that are as "generous" as to give me 10 flax after spending 10 mins trying to figure out what to do ( :lol: beekeeper random)

Anyway, I dont support and I hope Jagex always takes skillers into mind when they plan on updating. :P

Now about skillers and your ignorance!

Highscores of skillers (3-30 combat Gods):

http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=noncombat

]6[/size] People are ranked under 100...Including Elishot who is #3 in thieving.

Please think before saying skillers are dumb or stupid, I'm sure most of them beat your total level...Elishot has 54 slayer at lvl 3 (maybe 4, I forget)...and I think Zzzamorak now has 55 (I guess they haven't been updated...meh...) I'm sure that probably beats most of your slayer levels with combat, it beats this thread creaters' slayer. Even their total levels...-7 Skills...beats most people's... :roll:

Reality check! Skillers OWN you.

Zzzamorak vs Gen Chris: (his total wins aswell...)

vslvl3hw9.png

Elishot vs Gen Chris:

vslvl3at5.png

I'd do more, but I dont have the time... :roll:

Zzzamorak is level 3, Elishot is level 3 or 4...

Please take into account the fact that I'm no longer a member before you question my skills, and maybe you will see why some skills are higher than mine. I also just got back into playing after like an 8 month break, so obviously they would have skills higher than mine as well.

Maybe, just maybe, that is why they have higher skills :ohnoes: :shock: :wall:

Plus...I find skilling pointless in a game where you can kill many things...It would be like playing GTA but only doing the Extra Money Missions(firefighter, ambulance, etc)

rune,Gen.%20Chris.gif

Gen.%20Chris.gif

Well... Agessivle LOW level monsters... So they don't attack the higher levels like yours truly. So a lvl 3 autoer would get owned by a lvl 14 scorpion. But yes.. That wouldn't really work too much though for skillers because they arn't a problem... -.-

j0xPu5R.png