What game do you have the most memorys about?

Nadril

My question to you all is this: What game is it that you have the most memorys (or encounters perhaps) of events in the game? It could be an MMO/rpg/fps/whatever, but I'm currious what it is and what you remember about the game.

For me it has to be Lineage II. It isn't the best game of all times, by any means. But whenever I hear the intro music I can't help but get so many memorys of my time playing the game.

See, I never really played it on retail but for a few months. The rest of the time was spent hopping servers with me and my friends. I have to tell you that the game probaly got a bunch of us together to become great friends, although not all of us new each other except for being in the same Counter strike clan.

I knew two of the people in real life. The two others were people we have played CS with before. Anyways, to cut a long story short we started to level up characters on varrious servers. We would have our own clans (some which were better than other incarnations of the same clan) where I would usualy be the 'leader' of the clan.

As far as memorys go I have so many that I could probaly nearly write a book about it. So many Pk trips have we gone on in that game together, so much in game drama with other guilds and the general excitment of it all. Probaly one of the saddest times was when we all started to split apart after Lineage II, and although we all got back together for WoW... it lasted briefly and wasn't nearly as grand. Even though I still play WoW with probaly one of my best friends it still isn't the same ;p.

So yeah, I probaly hold a bit more of high reguards and memorys to this game than some of you may have for varrious games. For me I had some of the most fun in my online life when it was just a saturday night and all of us were on vent, cracking up jokes and enjoying the game.

Anyways, what about you? Are there any games that you hold some special memorys about even if it isn't necisarly the best game you ever played?

Probably Kings Field 2. It's for PSX, a first person RPG. The best memory would be of checking on GameFaqs and noticing I had leveled up two of the five magic powers up higher than anyone else. There were 5 levels to each one, on Earth the guide went up to 4. On Water the guide went up to 3, and they said it would take impossibly long time to get any higher. I got it maxed out (which did take an impossibly long time).

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

When I was around lvl 40 on WoW I was clearing badlands quest, ofc.

Anyway, there was this other gnome mage there with a really nice necklace (I thought in my noobishness), so I asked him where he got it. After that we never quit gaming together, we did every imaginable quest together and ran all the instances except RFC and WC from DM to BWL. Then I had to go to military service.

Anyway, that was probably the best time of my online life in a non-text-based game, the fun I had with him on skype at 5 in the morning after wiping over and over again :P even met him IRL (he lives in Denmark).

The only other game that can compete is one which I've played for 5 years, lately more seldom than ever, and that's ARENAScape. I couldn't possible count the hours spent f5ing mobs (well, that is the game), calculating specs, posting on the forums (around 8k posts on scapeboards and TIF), organising tournaments (when silv went away it was VERY boring, so I organised tournaments :P) and moderating the boards.. it will always be something very special to me. And though the screenshots I have from the game are very few, actually the only one I have is one with my name above Elminster and Xenthe_Tek, it always gets to me how much time I spent on that game, and the people I've gotten to know.

korla3eaqd3.jpg

^^^ Similar story to yours.

back when i was playing RS, I met this girl one day while i was still about lve 70. She was just cutting logs out in the middle of no where. I asked "are you a bot?". It took her a long time to reply, at which time i was about to hit the report button. She answered "Whats a bot". I laughed so hard.

We stood around and talked for awhile, then departed, adding each other to the friends list. I had never actually kept a RS friend before, dismissing most as noobish people.

About two days later, i go on RS, and she is talking to me. It was kinda annoying at first, seeing as i was questing. But i ended up talking back, and after along time we exchanged names, and it was good. We ended up talking in game for about 5 months, and eventually got onto msn, and talked there. Ive known her for about 3 years now.

Do to complications though I have not been able to talk to her for the past few months. Its really driving me insane because she was one of the only constants in my life, and without her ive been really unhappy. im hoping soon she can get a computer again. Other then that, my only link to her is if she uses msn on her mobile, which she rarely does :cry:

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Probably Deus Ex for me. It was one of the first open-ended mission games that I'd played but the main reason I hold it in such high esteem is because it had the most atmosphere of any game I'd ever seen.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

Runescape classic, especially F2P pking on low level accounts. There are a few CDs I used to always listen to and now whenever I hear them I'm reminded of these times haha. Also I met my two best online friends on Runescape and we used to low level pk a lot, Zimlem on this forum if you remember. There was Joe and his sister Rachael. I haven't talked to them in over a year though because they never get on msn or aim or anything like that. I really miss them =\.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

*sigh*

So hard to choose...

Jak and Daxter(the whole series). I hate PS2 games, but that has to be my most favorite game of all time. Whenever I see the word "precursor", I think of those games.

That or Halo 2. The theme music is unique to anything. Never heard of a war game with a gregorian chant theme.

I also agree with barnstormers. The original Spyro the Dragon was the first game I ever played. Ever. I was probably 7 or 8, and have beaten most games in the series. Spyro the purple dragon always has a special spot in my gaming heart <3:

Thanks for the post, it brought back a lot of memories :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

The first rainbow six games have the most memories for me. Me and my friends would play it all the time online its was awesome, and it was the first online game I'd every played it was really fun will never forget it.

tFtfA.jpg

Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec.

I hear the music, and I'll just stop and drive around a few tracks in my head. I do it in class sometimes too, Moving my feet to the motions of gas/break pedals. Lovely...

In get these "flashbacks" sometimes when I'm listening to my Elton John CD, reminds my of the moth I spent getting from 62-70 Mining as a F2P'er in the Mining Guild.

*Sigh*

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

probly runescape

bac wen i was newb from lvl 3 - lvl 60

me and my friends woould go everywhere together, now its just boring, i no everything now, nothin new (never went memb)

another would be counter-strike 1.6 i played the crap outta that game, i still do, always play with friends

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

Diddy Kong Racing- The first game I ever played/owned, and the only game to this day that my dad will play with me. :D

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time- So amazing for its time... The first game storyline that I ever got completely enveloped in.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind- A friend told me about it and I bought it at Wal-Mart for $10 for PC. :P I still play this game without getting bored.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion- I went through hell just to be able to play this game. And when I got it, everything I went through (including all the money I spent) was worth it. :D I was up late playing it just last night.

3898000bYVcx.png

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind- A friend told me about it and I bought it at Wal-Mart for $10 for PC. :P I still play this game without getting bored.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion- I went through hell just to be able to play this game. And when I got it, everything I went through (including all the money I spent) was worth it. :D I was up late playing it just last night.

I only got so far in Morrowind, then i accidently saved over my game... i never went back and played seriously again. :(

I have oblivion, but i never really did much. I even bought the updates for it! Since its the march break, maybe i should go try it again! Ill make another red mage ::'

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

In terms of best memories of actually playing the game, probably Final Fantasy VII. I know it's kinda a cliche answer, but it really is the game I have most memories from. I listen to the soundtrack alot and it brings back memories of points in the game I remember the most. I replay it alot...mostly I just play my old files, but sometimes during the summer I actually replay the entire game, it's better every time.

Although, in terms of the most memories playing with other people, deffinitely Super Smash Bros. Melee or Mario Kart DD. I owned everyone in both, of course. \'

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

I think I Should probaly add Worms Armegeddon (for the dreamcast) And goldeneye for the N64 to my list. So many hours wasted playing those with my lttle brother and even sister at times.

Probably red alert "1". I enjoyed the way bulidings were built up and the tanks.. Awesome. I was very young back then :oops:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Guest Cosinus

I remember when my father bought us a 286 Computer, 12.5mhz (Turbo speed actually!), and he showed me the game "Prince of Persia". 1 hour to kill the evil sorcerer and save the princess.. I remember reaching level 9 and then loosing due to time running out, ahhh...

I also remember when my dad bought us a 150 MHz Pentium I, and in the package he got the game "Rollercoaster Tycoon". Wow, I played this game so much, building lethal and terrifying coasters. Never finished the game tho since I got stuck on the map "Micro Park", you had like no land and you were supposed to survive for a year. Really HARD i tell you! But then I beat it and I was so happy, go go RCT!

Later on my bro got us a new computer, a 866 MHz Pentium II. And he introduced me to the game Half-Life. I was amazed by the graphics and the snaring story, so I started playing it. Took a month and then I completed it on Easy. The most snaring moment was in the very beginning when Freeman was about to do the experiment, I remember I was frightened of what would happend next. :) In the end I completed the game on all difficulties.

The good old days, ahhhh. <3:

I think I Should probaly add Worms Armegeddon (for the dreamcast) And goldeneye for the N64 to my list. So many hours wasted playing those with my lttle brother and even sister at times.

Oh god lmao goldeneye.

You know I ruled you at that game..lmao remember the midget guy? Haha I'd always use him and you'd think it was so cheap, cause you couldn't shoot me :P .

I gotta say I love worms..and goldeneye. Sweet memories there. Same with super smash bros melee. Oh, omg..time splitters. The newest one for xbox. Me and my friend beat it in 1 night, but omg we had SO much freaking fun.

I also should add Gears of War to the list also. Seeing as me and my bro had a pretty hard time beating it, and some hella funny moments. :lol:

Pokemon (for GB's), easily. The game of my childhood.

Charizard! :thumbsup:

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Zelda : Oracle of Ages/Seasons.

Or pokemon silver/gold/crystal series :D (i still play them on my battered GBC which sound doesnt work, the battery back plate is missing and it scratched to bits. :P)

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

Or pokemon silver/gold/crystal series :D (i still play them on my battered GBC which sound doesnt work, the battery back plate is missing and it scratched to bits. :P)

+1

The day and night feature was incredible to me back then. First time I ever felt I was actually in the game. I cannot wait for diamond and pearl.