AFK, when is it bad?

haloffx

It's better to play it safe and log out anyways. While you are up, you might get a random and die or something. I've seen it happen too much on these boards.

But can a random kill you in 20 seconds while you grab a snack? Unless your a lvl 3, it seems unlikely.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

its illegal as long as your away from your computer and training on a monster, or fishing or woodcutting or gaining any sort of xp while you are not near your computer, thats illegal.

if your standing still doing nothing then that is legal

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

I think they mean the AFK Bandit Training is not allowed. Since, people afk train their accounts for hours and hours without even actually playing. That's pretty much what that rule means, at least thats what I think. O:)

Hey buddy, there is a difference between AFK Bandit Training and Bandit training. The way I train there, I have full Guthans in my invo. So in order to heal I have to click, right? That makes Jagex know that I'm not an autoer. Also, I havn't once set my character up and walked away there...Honestly that's just plain stupid.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Here's how I interpret it:

Someone gives their character Guthans, sets them up at a monster spot, puts a heavy object on the keyboard to keep them from logging out, then goes to watch TV or something while their character trains away.

That's how I imagine the rule to be, but I've seen many people state otherwise. I just can't imagine that Jagex wouldn't let you get up to get a drink of water without logging out :-k

Youd kick yourse;f if you came back and their was a left half there...Ur about to click but it dissapears :XD:

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

It's better to play it safe and log out anyways. While you are up, you might get a random and die or something. I've seen it happen too much on these boards.

Bleh I take my chances.

Aren't I taking the same chances when I click the sparkly fishing spot, then pop up TIF and read away? I have a bad habit of multitasking, I try to go abck before I log out so I don't have to enter my bank pin 30+ times a day

The only "AFK" Training I perform is Axe hut (killer xp :)) Set up charector up, and let him go. Read TIF for awhile, occasionaly check HP, eat, check for pkers, and when I'm not being attacked, run away to hellhounds and run back, then, the axe's become agressive again \'

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Bleh I take my chances.

Aren't I taking the same chances when I click the sparkly fishing spot, then pop up TIF and read away? I have a bad habit of multitasking, I try to go abck before I log out so I don't have to enter my bank pin 30+ times a day

The only "AFK" Training I perform is Axe hut (killer xp :)) Set up charector up, and let him go. Read TIF for awhile, occasionaly check HP, eat, check for pkers, and when I'm not being attacked, run away to hellhounds and run back, then, the axe's become agressive again \'

thats not AFKing, thats multitasking

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Bleh I take my chances.

thats not AFKing, thats multitasking

Technically, Persay. According to their definaiton, I'm not at the keyboard for runescape, I'm at the keyboard for TIF. Well. Your probably mostly correct :thumbsup: I do have a bad case of multitasking

I usually leave my account logged in to answer the phone/door, run to the bathroom, grab some food, snack, ect.

I've found the logout time extrodanairly long sometimes. Be around the house for what feels like 5 minutes and still be logged in

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

afk means away from keyboard right? if you just plug of your keyboard your not autoing...or just if you not have a keyboard, oh wait than you cant log in :/

OT:i always afk for snack or quick pee at wc(normally roughly 40sec) and than iam back hoping iam not pk3d or something :/

afbeelding4kopieae2.png

i think what it means by afking is,say u go to axehut,open door start fighting and go downstaris and watch tv, come back 10 mins later make them auto attack again and do something else.I train str at axehut my first time ever training there because i dont wanna do pc or gain def exp while trainin str so i go there and turn on wii rite next to me and play it, and im still at the comp because i use a laptop, another thing ive done is go axe hut if im really tired and let it set there until it logs me out lol while im sleeping O:) altho the comp is next to me and axehut auto is only like 8 mins lol

522 to 99 slayer

winner40.png

I believe it's the motive behind the action that makes it being called AFK training. If you purposely leave your computer and somehow keep your account logged in so it keeps training, then yes it's AFK training. If you're just leaving to get a drink or something, it's not, in my opinion. According to Jagex though, any case of leaving the computer should result in a log out, which many people don't agree with.

icecube7.jpeg

AFK training is not literally meaning away from computer.

It more relates to being able to train on Runescape without having to be constantly clicking or looking at the screen.

For example:

I am currently training on monkey skeletons inside Ape Atoll dungeon. I have 10k red chinchompas and 20 super restores, my prayer level is high enough for me to keep melee protect on constantly aswell as wearing items that yield a high prayer bonus.

This way i can sit here writing this, while my guy is now pounding 300k exp per hour on them monkeys! I have to click on the screen once every 3 mins maybe just to ensure hes still ok and to maybe drink a dose of p pot if needed.

The same applies when i afk train with slayer dart inside King Daggonoth lair, i just attack rex, go read some forums or watch wrestling then click back on to see what loot rex dropped.

2ndbannernoleaderkopiepg8.png

panneto.png

My Monster Hunting Screenshot post:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=4380593#4380593