serious situations....really stressed atm

Star_Fox

ok i have 2 problems i'm dealing with...

1. i recently bought my friend a PS3 for his birthday (its in 2 days) and my friend was really excited that i got him his present. BUT my dad told me that i have to give it to my brother instead because he's my brother....but I DON'T want to give it to him because first, my brothers a complete [wagon] to the core, i never liked him since the day of my birth, he cusses in nearly every of his sentences, he yells at me, threatens me, and there was never a moment where he treated me like a brother so i want to give it to my friend. just so you know, my brothers birthday is 3 days after his. i was never planning to give him anything for his birthday. my dad told me that he'll kick me out of the house if i give it to my friend and will try to take it away from him. right now, i'm kind of scared to ask him because he was yelling at me as if he actually meant it. (i currently have the ps3 with me.)

2. i have 7 items on eBay that AREN'T being shipped for some reason. (idk why, the usps agents were being mules or i just paid the incorrect amount for the shipping label) the buyers waited 9 days and they're threatening me to suspend my account and refund the money if i don't have the items by 3 days. first: its not possible to ship those items by that time, second: if they get a refund, then i won't be able to get my items back. (forgot to add this: if they DO get a refund, than i won't be able to pay my debt for late text books and they'll take away my CURRENT ones until the debt is paid)

i checked the tracking number every day and this same message kept appearing.

[hide=]Label/Receipt Number: 9101 7850 9140 1137 2887 33

Class: First-Class Mail®

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 14, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.[/hide]

idk wtf is this saying, but i'm planning to go to the post office to resolve this. (even though they said it wasn't a problem, pfft)

well if you have any ideas. please just spill it out. i still have ample time to resolve these problems.

You bought the ps3 then do what you want with it. It might make your dad angry but it shouldn't have any long term effects.

No advice of situation number 2.

You bought the ps3 then do what you want with it. It might make your dad angry but it shouldn't have any long term effects.

contrary to that, my dads the one that gave me the job to get the ps3. also, since i'm 18, hes thinking of a way to get rid of me in his home. -.-

If it was your dad's cash, I can understand why he would be angry even if he gave you it for helping out. You can go with your principles and do what you feel is right and suffer the consequences. Or you can return the ps3, and get both your friend and your brother presents. I think a ps3 is a bit much for a friend anyway, so I would get your friend a nice present, and something else for your brother too just as a symbolic gift. It doesn't have to be much of anything good, but he's family, and unless you want to make family relations worse, I'd do something along those lines. But it's your choice. You have just as much reason to stick with what you think is right. It just sounds to me like you're partially trying to make your family mad by spending a ton of money on a ps3 for your friend which may not be the right way to go about it either.

contrary to that, my dads the one that gave me the job to get the ps3. also, since i'm 18, hes thinking of a way to get rid of me in his home. -.-

Well you're 18 so it's you're money. He got you the job, that's all. Once you're at work he is no longer your father, just another employee. They gave you the money, you spent it. Even if he is the owner he has no right to anything bought with the money you worked for.

1. Call the police on your father if he is trying to steal your PS3 (which is what he is doing if he forces you to give it to someone). If you do give it to your brother, he won't have to buy a PS3 for your brother, I can see why someone would want that.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

1. Call the police on your father if he is trying to steal your PS3 (which is what he is doing if he forces you to give it to someone). If you do give it to your brother, he won't have to buy a PS3 for your brother, I can see why someone would want that.

if i call if the police on the only person in the world that's giving me necessity for living, than i'm putting myself over his danger.

and can please someone answer #2? i just want both of these over with so i can actually sleep and no have to worry about this [cabbage] in school...

adam007: although i agree with your post, i DO NOT want to give my brother anything, no matter how bad the situation gets. i just want him to realize that treating me like crap won't give him any PS3s. :lol:

Keep the PS3 for yourself and get your brother a crappy present.

actually, no. i want to get rid of it and i'd much rather make a friend happy than keep something that i'll never use. and second, giving nothing does a lot more than giving a crappy present. trust me. :P

and if any of you are wondering, hes been my friend for about 9 years. first met him when he was 18 and i was only 10! i had him as a counselor and we turned out to be stuck friends.

Keep the PS3 for yourself and get your brother a crappy present.

I don't think you read that properly.

Give the present to the friend. Do it as soon as possible and try to tell your friends parents about it too. If your dad tries to take back at all, he can't, cause it is your friends property. Although you may get kicked out, you can just tell people how much of a bad father your dad is.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

1) Tell your father to bugger off. Give it to your friend.

2) Call and complain to USPS and rant and raise hell until they get off their lazy [wagon] and send it to your clients. Explain the situation to your clients and if they don't like it, they can bugger off.

You need to get a little more assertive. Don't let people walk over you like your father and brother do. And with USPS, just make their lives hell until they provide quality service.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Same, only I'm close to 19 and if I don't pass into the defence force (which I don't want) I'm getting the boot, and there's no where else to live close by.

Off Topic: My god Firefox is such a grammar Nazi, high-lighting every word It doesn't know. :|

EDIT:Forgot No2: I've never used Internet payments before but I'm sure that there should be some form of customs you can ring up to find out whats happening. If they dont reply etc then my assumption is there not doing their job and that can be taken to court.

Popoto.~<3

alright i guess i might as well tell what happened:

i gave the ps3 to my friend through fedex. i told my dad that i refunded the ps3 and kept the cash. he's still demanding that i have to give something on my brother's birthday. GRRR. :wall:

anyways, for situation 2: some of the members told me that they'll wait and not leave a neg feedback. still i'm not bursting with confidence, and even if the usps denies any service to me, i doubt i can do anything about it.

Give your friend the PS3 like you wanted to do and give your brother a crappy present. That's going to show your dad you have a thought for your brother while still doing what you want with the PS3. As for the brother, if he whines, his fault for treating you like he did.

No solution on #2, never used USPS.

Give your friend the PS3 like you wanted to do and give your brother a crappy present. That's going to show your dad you have a thought for your brother while still doing what you want with the PS3. As for the brother, if he whines, his fault for treating you like he did.

No solution on #2, never used USPS.

i guess i'll go with cha0's decision and give something worthless as a gift..... well...if it'll at least save me from getting by [wagon] kicked out. >.>

Give your brother a half brick. Explain that a life of crime is all a person like him can hope to achieve and your "gift" is the first of many basic tools to carry out criminal activity. Then smile and say you were thinking of his future after all, rather than see him waste it rotting in front of a PS3.

Then run like hell.

Jesus, you got your friend a PS3 for his birthday? Too much. :lol:

That's what I was thinking! Even my parents don't spend that much on me!

My solution would be to take it back - tell your dad that it's broken. Then buy your brother something smaller and get you friend something else with the money.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

OK your dad is waay out of order telling you to give the PS3 to your brother, both in principal and that the PS3 is bloody expensive. (I'm amazed your buying one for your mate tbh, but that's another matter.) He may have given you the job that got you the money, but that still means you worked for it and there's nothing he can do to forceably remove it from your possession, and if he does - not even kidding - I would get the police on him. He has to know where the line is.

Don't think I can help you on the ebay situation though, I've never really used it...

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

wish I had friends like this.

Have you considered moving out?

Problem with that, some people cant just "move out"

You need proper funding, a job, furniture, appliances etc. all in all you need a fair bit of money before you consider moving out, some of which you common 18-20 guy doesnt have

Popoto.~<3

As much as I hate to say it, I would just give it to your brother. Your dad threatened to kick you out and you're at the age where he can. Your dad is doing you a favor by letting you stay with him, so you should return the favor even if it means doing something you don't agree with.

After this, explain the situation to your friend and tell him why you did what you did. If he's a true friend he would understand where you're coming from.

I think you should just return the ps3 and get the money back just to show your dad you mean business. Don't give either of them a gift just yet. Your friend will understand and you can give him a gift after his birthday when your dad cools off. Maybe get your bro a card just to "show you care" or even better a really nice yet cheap birthday object like a small cake or balloon for "sentimental value" and keep daddy from going insane, and then go out and buy a decent gift from your friend a few days later. That's just what I would do, not sure if it would work with your family.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.