Moving Out?

Tim

Yes, i come before my fellow TIF'ers because there's actually a variety of ages here. I want to move out, however I have both reasons and problems.

My parents demand i get into the RAAF (Royal Aus' Air Force) but the thing is, I dont want to. If i dont, i get kicked out of home.

My sister steals from me. ALOT. Just this week I've had 40$, my entire last weeks pay stolen and we couldnt find any of it at all. she steals anything that isnt nailed down of mine, and if it is nailed, she'll try and un-hinge the nail.

Work, Its only 150$ a week, tops.

I do College (Known as TAFE to Aussies) and that takes up half of my week, so im using some money for fuel.

now the reason: I can't live like this at home anymore. my freedom is limited, and i'm a full adult too. What should I do? because I realy am at a loss. :?

Popoto.~<3

Try become a lodger, I don't think its as expensive as renting a whole house or flat. If you have a friend who can let you live there, go and lodge with them. I guess it's all you can do.

Tell your parents you don't want to join the RAAF, let them deal with that, that you don't want to do it.

About your sister stealing everything... Steal it back off her.

Luck be a Lady

I know this probably isn't very helpful and I don't know what to suggest but please don't let your parents force/bully you into a career you don't want. Do you know why they're so keen for you to join the air force? It might help to consider their reasons, I don't know. Is it worth trying to talk to them about this, or has that not worked in the past? Do you usually have a good relationship with them, RAAF aside?

How old is your sister?

Is there any way you could get your pay put straight into a bank account or something, beyond her reach? Or if not buy a lockable box where you can keep money.

What do you want to do? As a career I mean, if it was totally up to you?

Another TAFE student with parent problems, at this rate I'll have to see if there is a relation.

I have problem with my parents, and one of my friends has really bad problems with him mum, they hate each other.

Does TAFE have dorm rooms?

No, think of it as school, but for adults, with college qualifications. (It's described as an adult learning environment, not getting your work done? You're an adult, shape up or ship out, we aren't here to spoon feed you.)

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Keep valuables you care about on you, that way your sister won't steal them.

In terms of moving out, if you don't have money for it, then you simply can't, as much as it sucks :(

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Look at government housing schemes. I know quite a few people who left home at 16-17, and they got in touch with government housing to get houses. You might end up staying with someone else though.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Live at home for as long as you can (especially if you only earn around $150). Rent sucks. Tell your parents that unless they pitch in money there is no way you can move out.

What are you studying at TAFE?

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Live at home for as long as you can (especially if you only earn around $150). Rent sucks. Tell your parents that unless they pitch in money there is no way you can move out.

What are you studying at TAFE?

Sounds like he is the one who wants to move, and his parents want to either keep him there or send him to the RAAF.

Once you're done your TAFE courses, I suggest finding a more steady job, as $150 is around a daily wage, not weekly. See if any friends will let you stay with them and split their rent once you have that steady job. Put your sister in line, it doesn't matter what age she is. If you don't want to do that, then carry your money in a wallet, or have it put into an account.

Talk to your parents. let them know that you feel constricted by them making your choices for you, and that you would like to be treated with a bit more respect (tell them this maturely, not as a complaint out of nowhere).

All you can really do is complete your schooling, make some money, and head out. Be sure you have plans of where you're going and what kind of job is waiting for you there, and spare cash in case things go ary. Best of luck. :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Studying Cert3 in IT, might move onto a Diploma for Engineering next year. Sister wise, there is no stealing back. she'll hide it anywhere possible...that includes her own body.

I've tried sitting down with my parents before over the RAAF but they still insist I go into it.

Career, I've always been interested in Programming and Graphic Game Designs. I know for a fact they pay well and companies overseas snatch Gamers up over here in a month after graduating.

as for rent, I have a friend who's doing the same thing with careers and also wants to move out. so were trying to decide something.

Popoto.~<3

Sister wise, there is no stealing back. she'll hide it anywhere possible...that includes her own body.

Send me in; I'm willing to take that risk.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Pitty you're not in Brisbane my offer of the spare room is still there :P

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Pitty you're not in Brisbane my offer of the spare room is still there :P

Sames. We got a spare room too and the first thing I did was look at the location.

From what's been told, there is no feasible way you can move out and survive without either:

a) Apply for and being cleared for 'rent assistance'

B) get a better job, pref FT

c) get lucky and find a place you can stay 'free-of-charge' while you try and achieve a or b.

In regards to your sister stealing from you, buy one of those el-cheapo safes for like $40 or w/e they are from Office Works, etc. Big enough obstacle for siblings.

As someone suggested above, check out government sponsored housing projects

The problem with government housing is that they'll look at this situation and go "stable family, employed, in education" auto-decline over people with like 5 kids, no job and desperate for a house. Although, somehow they also give these places to drug addicts and alcoholics - that and the waiting list for government housing is ridiculously long...

I didn't catch YOUR age.

You state to be an adult (which is 18+ where I live), yet your parents decide your carreer? Talk to them. Make them understand that you are the one who is supposed to decide. What's so cool about the air force anyway?

As for your sister: There are banks for a reason. Keep you wallet on you, assuming she will not assault you for it, and the rest secure in the bank. While you are talking to your parents about the carreer thing, bring this subject on as well. One would assume that your parents are able to work something out.

Moving out at young age (-20) just to be away from your parents/sister may not be the best choice, esopecially with your income. Moving out to college or so is a different matter of course. Living independent is costly.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Here in UK we have special teenage flats. Designed for people that have been kicked out of their home, the rent is really low or none existent. Don't know if there's anything like this in Aus.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

Rick has some really valid points... also depending on what your state is like for employment (here there isn't a freakin job unless you're a registered nurse or lawyer) I wouldn't advise moving out because jobs are few and far between in the economic crisis. What happens if you get the sack? How will you pay your rent with what little salary you get each week? Are you part time, full time or casual? If you're casual they can drop your hours like that *click*

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Its casual because im a full time student at College/TAFE. but the pay per week is under the limit for Centerlink to go "Sorry, cant help you"

@transcript80, im almost 19. it doesn't matter if its in a safe, she'll break it open if she must, and talking to them doesnt help. I've tried MANY times and all they do is try to do me in saying "Just think of the money" thats like saying to a slave "Just think of the protection" you get throuh it all, but at what cost? my happiness, free choice of MY career and life?

Popoto.~<3

@transcript80, im almost 19. it doesn't matter if its in a safe, she'll break it open if she must, and talking to them doesnt help. I've tried MANY times and all they do is try to do me in saying "Just think of the money" thats like saying to a slave "Just think of the protection" you get throuh it all, but at what cost? my happiness, free choice of MY career and life?

That why I mentioned a BANK... gl breaking in there!

The question is: can you afford moving out. As stated, jobs are hard to come by in the current economical situations. Since you are already doing some IT-related school as I understand from your post, there's serious money to be earned in that kind of carreer, right? If you complete the education, just apply for a job in IT, earn some money and move out THEN. It's kind of easy said, but you might just have to sit it out....

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

steal everything of your sister's that isnt nailed down, and either use what you can, and pawn the rest

if thats out of the question, contact centrelink for the youth allowance if you havent already (i think you can at your age) and try to either get a flatmate or a rental place, and get rent assistance (can you have both YA and RA at same time? i dont know) if you can.

also, as soon as your tafe course is finished (how long will it be?) get another job, preferably full time. and if you havent moved out by then, do it.

in your situation, i think finding a good flatmate would be your best option, though

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Get a lockbox, they're around 20 bucks for a small one. Keep everything valuable to you in it.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

The question is: can you afford moving out. As stated, jobs are hard to come by in the current economical situations. Since you are already doing some IT-related school as I understand from your post, there's serious money to be earned in that kind of carreer, right? If you complete the education, just apply for a job in IT, earn some money and move out THEN. It's kind of easy said, but you might just have to sit it out....

WIth IT, if he wants to get his foot in the door, start looking everywhere NOW. I was applying for jobs through my entire IT degree and I was getting bugger all luck. A couple of short-lists and such, most most companies looked at the situation and came to the conclusion that since I was in education still I couldn't work a part-time mon-fri week. Or even a FT mon-fri week.

Best chances with TAFE and getting into the IT field is some IT shop no one knows about, or a LAN center no one knows about... depends on what the OP plans to do afterwards. Best start looking right now.

Cert 3 in IT? Wow man, I'm doing it, what TAFE you at? Will be really freaky if it's the same one as me. :?

Ask the head teacher about any jobs they have been notified about in the area. Businesses look for students studying in IT to help them with their business, some are very small ones too. If I could I'd help out with your sister, I'm good at finding where people hide stuff. (Ironically I cannot find anything I put somewhere. :wall: )

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Stop keeping cash floating around the house. Buy a safe from bunnings, it's $50, and if you say she can break into it, you are either talking out your [wagon] or she is the incredible hulk in disguise. If that's the case, you've got more to worry about than your money. (hulk smash!)

Want to make your parents happy? Easy done. Go to the RAAF interview, and say this line. "I frequently have back and knee problems stemming from uncomfortable furniture and standing/walking on hard surfaces". They will NOT touch you. All the report will say is you failed the physical entrance exam and as such do not qualify for entrance at this time. This will also exclude you from the ADF, AFP and state police for a period of no less than 5 years, so make sure you are okay with that.

You don't qualify for public housing, and the maximum rent assitance payment for your situation is $60 a fortnight. This means even with a full time job, you'll need to move into shared housing. So, follow the instructions I gave you in paragraph 2 so your parents get off your back about the air force. Then once you get your cert III, you'll show them that it's not just the RAAF who doesn't want to hire you, nobody does!

SoLawny.png