Wakka's Mousekeys Guide! LEARN TO DROP TWICE AS FAST!

wakka102

~~~~~~~~~Wakka's Guide to Mousekeys~~~~~~~~~

1. What are Mousekeys?

2. How do I activate my Mousekeys?

3. How do I use my Mousekeys?

4. How can Mousekeys help with my everyday Runescaping

5. Video Guide

~~~~~~~~~~~~~What Are Mousekeys?~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mousekeys are a program that comes with any stock version of Windows. They allow you to control your mouse using simple keystrokes on your computer. They are perfectly legal and allow you to speed up many of your Runescape tasks significantly or make them easier. Do you feel like dropping that load of teaks is taking too long? Do you get frustrated when you go to use a dragon bone on your gilded alter and accidentally bury it? Well then mousekeys are for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~How Do I Activate My Mousekeys?~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both Windows and Mac have access to mousekeys. I am only familiar with Windows so that is the method I will be going in depth about.

For Windows go to:

Start Menu

Control Panel (Set to Classic View)

Accessibility Options

Click the Mouse Tab

Click Mousekeys

For Mac:

Open System Preferences

Go to System

Universal Access

Mouse and Trackpad

Mouse Keys On

Credits to Kaphias for the Mac Information

You will come to a screen that should look like this:

newscreenshot349fp2.png

These are the settings that you should have adjusted in order for mousekeys to function the way you want them to in Runescape. The only thing you will adjust from here on out is the "Top Speed" slider which I will explain more about in the next section.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~How Do I Use My Mousekeys?~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mousekeys function using the numerical keyboard on the right side (generally) of your keyboard. On most of these keyboards, you will notice arrow keys on the 8,6,4, and 2. This corresponds to the direction the mouse will move when you press these keys. The "Ctrl" button, when pushed, allows you're mouse to jump a certain distance based on the position of your "top speed" slider. In the image I posted, that is my setting for selecting "drop" when dropping teak logs. I believe it would also be the same setting used for dropping ores.

In order to use mouse keys appropriately, you need to have the control button held down AT ALL TIMES when using the function. if ctrl is not pressed the number will only cause the cursor to move a pixel or 2 per press. HOWEVER, when ctrl is pushed, you will not be able to type ingame, that is why I advise having a gaming keyboard with programmable keys (explained in the video) or using a paper weight or object to keep the control key pushed down while you are training, removing it to type a message to someone. When ctrl is pressed and the number 2 is pushed, the mouse will jump based on the sliders position.

Moving the "top speed" slider towards "low" causes the jump to be smaller, moving it towards "high" causes the jump to be larger. This is where you have to experiment with different speeds in order to get the correct jump for the task you are doing.

If you are dropping logs, ores, fish, etc.; this is the combination you will use:

Ctrl (pushed at all times)

Right click with mouse

"2"

"5"

this will right click the item, move the cursor to the "drop" option and left click to drop the object, leaving your mouse on the next item under it to repeat the process. If done at a very fast rate, the functions can be input almost instantaneously, allowing you drop a full inventory of items in 1/3 to half the time it takes a normal player using his mouse to drop them.

Magicplayak had this to add:

For those having problems (either moving too far or too short). You may need to change your GHz.

Go to your desktop.

Right click > Properties > Settings > Advanced > Monitor.

Change your Screen refresh rate to something else. All I know if that if your is 60Ghz, change it to 75. I am not sure with those with higher.

If you are still having a problem, where it goes to examine on the second click:

Go to Start > Control Panel > Mouse (under Printers & Hardware cateory) > Pointer Options

Check off the 'Enchace pointer precision' option. It will feel very strange at first, but you'll get use to it.

Hope this helps.

Here is a section for those who do not have programmable keyboards, this may make things a little easier for you:

[hide=remap your keyboard]

Well I don't have a programmable keyboard like Wakka102 does, but I know of a way to get around that. It involves remapping the keyboard to change keys to do other keys instead.

I decided that I wanted to remap my numpad 7, 8, and 9 to do Ctrl, 2, 5, respectively. That is wakka's setup, and though I prefer the 2 and 5 keys to be switched so I can roll index-middle, that is what I am going to explain.

You can do this with pretty much any keys on the computer, even on some keys that aren't specific to regular keyboards (a My Pictures key can be changed). However, some of the scancodes were missing, and it was easier to just do what I was doing.

On with the method of doing this... Basically, all you do is open up notepad and put this in.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,Y1,Y1,X1,X1,Y2,Y2,X2,X2,Y3,Y3,X3,X3,00,00,00,00

This is not the completed version, this is an example. The 04 there represents how many keys are being changed, which is 3. (2 would be 03, 1 is 02). X# parts is the key you want to replace, and the respective Y# is the key you replace it with. These come in scan codes. For example, if I wanted to change the F1 key to be F10 for god knows what reason, the scan code for F1 is 3B 00 and the scan code for F2 is 44 00. So that would be 44,00,3b,00 in place of a Y#,Y#,X#,X# to make the F1 key do F10. A good list is here: http://www.usnetizen.com/fix_capslock.php

Anyways, after finishing my key remappings, it looks like this.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,1d,e0,47,00,50,00,48,00,4c,00,49,00,00,00,00,00

THE EXTRA LINE AT THE END IS IMPORTANT!

This is what you would type to remap the numpad 7, 8, and 9 to do Ctrl, 2, 5, respectively for each key.

Go to Save As... and click the Type of File to make it All Files (*.*). Save the file somewhere you can find it (My Documents, Desktop, whatever) as "remap.reg" without quotes. Find the file, right-click it, and choose Merge. Reboot your computer, and there you go, your keys have been remapped.

Now, say you want to delete this remapping of the keys.

• Go to Start -> Run, type in regedit

Expand these in order: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Control

Click on the folder Keyboard Layout (not Layouts)

Delete the thing that says "Scancode Map"

Reboot your computer.

There you go, your keyboard is back to normal!

Also, these do not work in both ways -- if you remap f1 to f10 for example, f10 will still do f10.

[/hide]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~How Can Mousekeys Help In My Everyday Runescapeing?~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mousekeys can be used in almost any skill in one way or another. It can be used to speed up training or ease the annoyance in training. Here is a list of every example I can think of:

-Dropping ores, fish, logs for powertraining

-Selecting the "build" or "remove" options when building oak doors, allowed me to make both doors before the butler got back every time

- Selecting the "make all" and "withdraw 14" for bow making/potion making

-clicking "withdraw (instert amount) instead of clicking the "make x". Making runecraft banking a breeze.

-Clicking "use" on bones rather then "bury" when trying to use on your Gilded Alter. I remember how frustrating that was -.-

Keep in mind that sliders will have to be adjusted for each of these skills depending on where the option you are trying to click is. Think of more and be creative ::' :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Video Guide~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the youtube guide I made for mousekeys, it demonstrates the dropping of an inventory of teaks and shows the setup I have on my programmable keyboard. I relocated the "ctrl" "2" and "5" to places that are easier to access, its still 1 key to 1 function.

Subscribe, rate, and comment ::'

[yt]3moK4RpBmEA[/yt]

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Mac:

Open System Preferences

System>Universal Access

Mouse and Trackpad

Mouse Keys On

Don't know about where to set the bars on a Mac, but there's how to get to the screen for those who don't know. Feel free to add to the guide if you wish.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I'm just going to copy the URL of this guide to my notes on Opera so I can link to it on every post I make on Help & Advice.

In addition to dropping, these can be made much quicker with mousekeys:

-alching

-anything in fletching

-any make x training method in any skill

-banking

-cleaning herbs

-filling essence pouches

Rao.png

Awesome guide.

Great guide! :thumbsup: Going to use it on pc. Any idea if it works on laptops? #-o

You gotta hold down the "Fn" key and press the respective keys.

Great guide! :thumbsup: Going to use it on pc. Any idea if it works on laptops? #-o

You should have a key that looks like [Fn]. It is usually a shade of blue.

Press that, while pressing the keys.

A key may look like this(sorry, it looks ugly, but you get the point)

________

|XXX |

|(key)|

----------

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Mousekeys can be used in almost any skill in one way or another. It can be used to speed up training or ease the annoyance in training. Here is a list of every example I can think of.

I'm missing any list. Besides that, very good guide. I remember a while back something similar was used call "5 alching", I've always wondered what that was, but now I know!

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Mousekeys can be used in almost any skill in one way or another. It can be used to speed up training or ease the annoyance in training. Here is a list of every example I can think of.

I'm missing any list. Besides that, very good guide. I remember a while back something similar was used call "5 alching", I've always wondered what that was, but now I know!

sorry the list got deleted. I added it back. Yea the 5 is used for your right click so your mouse never moves.

Nice, thank you.

Edit: No, not nice. My cursor either goes too far or too short, and I can't adjust it in the middle there.

could you explain in more detail? If I knew what you were trying to click it might help. Ive had no issues with them so far.

I believe the other slider can fine tune your jumps, but I'm not sure I havent tried because I've had no issues with them yet. Try googling it.

Nice, thank you.

Edit: No, not nice. My cursor either goes too far or too short, and I can't adjust it in the middle there.

could you explain in more detail? If I knew what you were trying to click it might help. Ive had no issues with them so far.

I believe the other slider can fine tune your jumps, but I'm not sure I havent tried because I've had no issues with them yet. Try googling it.

I think he's having the same problem I'm having.

mousekeysnc3.png

As you can see, the maximum setting moves it too far down. The next setting back moves it too little. The acceleration doesn't make a difference in amount, but rather the speed at which it moves.

cliffside1ra5.png

"5 alching" was when you would put the alched item at the same location of the spell. That wall, you press 5(left click), then the cursor would be already "on" the item you want to alch. Then you just keep pressing 5 to alch.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?