Wakka's Mousekeys Guide! LEARN TO DROP TWICE AS FAST!

wakka102

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The general shops have sell 1-5-10-50.At max settings(both sliders) it keeps jumping on the sell-10.Is there a way to increase the distance the cursor jumps?

Increase the sensitivity of your mouse.

2dvjurb.png

Awesome guide, makes sense now, except now my 5 key is like disabled or something; I used it once or twice and now it doesn't do left click, it does right click. And the icon near the time (bottom-right corner) shows a mouse with a black right button. Anyone know what happened?

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

This is a great guide. I knew how to use mousekeys but this guide has taught me how to maximize speed and get them to work on my laptop. :)

The part on changing the keyboard layout has made my life so much easier as well!

Mining has never been easier.

Thanks so much, it does work perfectly for me ^^ ty I did a test dropping full inv. of logs, and my results were as follows:29.73 for normal dropping, and 23. 76 for mouse kews... tyvm, also it helps if you go down in columns ^^ very nice guide wakka ... keep it up

Taklop

Once a student now a master... well kinda :P

Before you critisize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes... that way you're a mile away, and have their shoes =D

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest you delete this guide.

I've been temp banned for 2 weeks because of mousekeys, thereby taking away the only week of playing I had left all summer!

If you don't want to get banned, don't use mousekeys.

Thanks, wakka, without you my summer could never have been so messed up!

Account management screen: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6470/banb.png

[hide=My appeal]Dear Jagex,

I think you might have made a mistake when banning my account (De_Lille_D). I'm guessing you detected unusual mouse behavior while I was going for 99 Fletching. However, I wasn't using a macro, I was using my numberkeys to control my mouse. I can't think of anything that would look like macroing except the mousekeys...

As far as I know, this isn't against the rules (after all, everyone have access to mousekeys and they are used by a lot of players); if it is, I'm sorry, I didn't know.

I can assure you that I never used a macro and that I never will.

I hope you understand and will see that my unusual mouse behavior wasn't caused by third-party software.

Please unban my account as soon as possible, because I only have 1 more week before I resume studying for my exams.

Thank you,

De_Lille_D[/hide]

[hide=Their response]Thank you for sending in your offence appeal - you obviously care about your account, and making sure that you read our rules can help to ensure that you can avoid this situation happening again.

At Jagex, we examine offences and offence appeals very carefully before we come to our final decision.

In this instance, we have found that you were responsible for this offence, and therefore it will remain on your account.

We want you, and every other player, to be positively engaged in our community and the game - if you continue to break our rules, you may reach a point where you are limited to Quick Chat, or even excluded from the game on this account, or any other accounts you have.

What do you do now?

Go here to have a good read of the Rules of Conduct, there is also good advice on ensuring your account is kept secure in our Safety & Security Guidelines, located in the 'Customer Support' section of our website (www.runescape.com or http://www.funorb.com).

Have fun - enjoy the community and the game - and please don't spoil the experience of your fellow gamers.

Sincerely,

Jagex Customer Support[/hide]

"please don't spoil the experience of your fellow gamers"??

What about "please don't ruin my vacation"?!

I suggest you delete this guide.

I've been temp banned for 2 weeks because of mousekeys, thereby taking away the only week of playing I had left all summer!

What exactly were you doing? I'm pretty sure most activities are safe with mousekeys since you're one of the few people I know to have claimed to be banned for it and many people use them. It would be more useful to have have a warning about the specific activity that gave the false positive on JaGEx's bot detection.

I'm sorry for your vacation. Maybe you could try IRL? I heard it has better graphics.

Also, at least they didn't permaban you. :thumbsup:

Rao.png

What exactly were you doing? I'm pretty sure most activities are safe with mousekeys since you're one of the few people I know to have claimed to be banned for it and many people use them. It would be more useful to have have a warning about the specific activity that gave the false positive on JaGEx's bot detection.

I'm sorry for your vacation. Maybe you could try IRL? I heard it has better graphics.

Also, at least they didn't permaban you. :thumbsup:

I was fletching broad bolts: 8 55 2 55 and repeat. I know it looks like macroing, but it's definitely not, well at least i thought so ...

I explained what I was doing and I still remained banned, so that means it is against the rules; not just what I was doing, anything with mousekeys.

BTW, you sentence isn't correct; IRL = In Real Life (the "in" is not needed)

Also, computer is all I care about and I have to spend 3/4 of summer studying. Jagex pretty much ruined my vacation...

I got banned for this exactly one day ago. My appeal was denied with the same automated message also.

It's possible though that I got banned because I bound double click on my right mouse button (Logitech G9 laser mouse lets u do that).

I guess either my windows vista or mouse driver (or both) are:

"Software that generates input to our game applets. This includes software that automatically moves the mouse pointer or generates mouse clicks or key presses."

You need to have an OS to "generate input" into a game applet so maybe that means everyone is a cheater but jagex will only ban them at their own discretion?

I suppose a mouse driver is also third party software because it tells your OS that input has been generated.

Guess I'll be canceling my subscription since I'm no longer wanted.

Ok, I've just started using Mousekeys. Then, when I tried hitting the "5" when mousekeys were on, nothing happened.

I've already checked I'm using MOusekeys on, but its still not working.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Ok, I've just started using Mousekeys. Then, when I tried hitting the "5" when mousekeys were on, nothing happened.

I've already checked I'm using MOusekeys on, but its still not working.

Turn numlock on/off?

And did it really do nothing or did it right click?

2dvjurb.png

I've been using mousekey for some time now. And all of the sudden it decides to jump twice per keystroke instead of only once. I have not changed anything on my computer that would affect it (to my knowledge).

And to the guys who got banned, you should've known to switch it up or move your mouse or talk to people because of so many false positives.

SadNoLifer.png

Also note that if you have a programable keyboard like the logitech g11 or 15 it has a macro record button. Obviously using this feature is against the rules, so make sure that your just binding the programable keys to the mouse movements.

Excellent guide! :thumbsup:

Awesome guide :thumbup:

10/10

Nice to see you using a Logitech G15 G11 as well :)

darn technology, didn't seem like it was that long ago that I got the G11, they are already on G15?? geez lol

they have a g13 which is just the macro keys and a g19 with a color lcd and color cycling backlights :o i have the old blue g15 and theres a new red one now.. technology may be faster than lightning and gossip o.O

tigerboy0213.png

tigerboy0213.png

tigerboy0213.png

10/10 Awesome guide, even though I've been using mousekeys for a while. Helped me fix the jump distance problem too, because my new computer's mousekeys didn't work well :-#

Nothing happened for me. :x

What OS do you use?

As for those people that got banned for using Mousekeys, it doesn't normally get you banned. If you don't talk or respond to people talking in some way, shape or form, you will be assumed to be macroing, especially if you're doing something repetitive like fletching or mining. Keep your Public to hide and turn Stickykeys off every now and then to chat, or you will be reported for macroing.

For those who reported problems with Stickykeys, it turning off by accident, it's because you pressed two keys at once. For instance, typing @ requires you to press Shift-2. Doing so will deactivate Stickykeys, even if no modifier key's been selected.

Stickykeys should be added to this guide :|

d9f84e76d7.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After having tinkered around with my settings for a while, trying to get it to click drop on almost every log - I did find one more variable that can affect where your mouse moves.

Mouse Speed, the slider above "enhance precision" affects how far the mouse moves. I have mine at the fifth tick and that made all the difference!

Cheers,

Kit

kit_my_kat.png