Wakka's Mousekeys Guide! LEARN TO DROP TWICE AS FAST!

wakka102

Good guide. You say you can hold down Ctrl with a weight or some other thing. There is a much easier way to do it. If you turn on Sticky Keys, you can set it so that when you double tap a button such as Ctrl, it will act as though that button is being held down so it will be like you always have Ctrl held down.

To turn on Sticky Keys:

Ease of Access Center

Make the keyboard easier to use

Set up Sticky keys

Then click "Turn on Sticky Keys" and ensure that you have "Lock modifier keys when pressed twice in a row" checked.

I did this and it wouldn't allow me to talk in runescape so i had to turn it on and off but it would randomly just shut down is there a way to fix it?

The only way to keep doing the hold down ctrl key and type at the same time would be do have the automatic hold on and then also be holding it down... :wall: But that is only if you still have it on. Really if you want to talk you can either drop all the logs and then turn it off, or just turn it off. Other than that I don't think there would be a way to do that... :|

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on AoW. ::'

That looks wonderful, but ack, my Macbook can't do it.

I turn mousekeys on, but it's like it expects me to have a number pad. I should be able to use the 789UIOJKL keys, but when I use them the cursor just disappears.

I´m on a laptop and have no numirical stuff on the right, also I don´t have a num lock button because of this, could anyone help me out?

Does this work on a macbook? See, because it is a laptop, you don't have the keys on the right, and the regular numeral keys do not work with mouse keys turned on. What buttons do you use? I know that 7, 8, 9 and a couple letter move the mouse, but they don't move the mouse enough for it to be efficient. You literally have to hold the button down, and a regular mouse would be much more efficient. I know you have no experience with this, Wakka, but I was hoping someone may have been able to solve this problem on their macbook.
I'm not sure what your trying to say. If you are referring to the mac mouse that is a single click, yes you'll want to get one that has right and left click. the ctrl key on a PC is the modifier key that allows the mousekeys to function, if you don't hold it down the number keys should still type numbers. All I did with my keyboard is relocate some of the keys on the normal keyboard to a spot that was more easily accessible for me to use. It can still be done on all computers.

I understand what you did on your keyboard, and on my mac laptop, I have a two click mouse. My problem is that since it is a laptop, the keys you would normally use for mousekeys, on a regular PC, are on the right side of the keyboard. On a laptop, these buttons do not exist, there are only the numeral keys that are above the letters on the keyboard. When I turn on mousekeys, and hit control on any of those numbers, there is no reaction. I read in earlier posts that you have to hit the fn button, which I did. When doing that, the 7, 8, and 9 button move the mouse, but not in the method you described. It moves the mouse ever so slow, therefore it is not efficient. I tried to hit every single key, and none of them really seemed to skip to the right spots, like described, they just slowly move the mouse.

Has anyone encountered this and know how to make mousekeys work on a macbook laptop?

Check back in your settings. I'm not familiar with using a laptop for this but I can't imagine it wouldn't work.

:( :cry: :evil: :wall: :x

Alright I have the same problem as both of these guys but to a certain extent. I'm on a laptop but I do have the num lock button, just its used by clicking the [fn] key. I also don't have a numerical keybad on the right side of the keyboard since my laptop isn't that huge size, only the numerical buttons near the top. I'm not on a Macbook, I have an HP with Vista on it. I activate mouse keys and all but when I hold down either the control key or the [fn] key and after a right click, there is no response by any keys that i press. Not 2, not 5, nor 7, 8, or 9. If someone could provide a very detailed explanation on how to achieve the proper results when you have a laptop without a numerical keypad on the right, I'd really appreciate it. I've long been wanting to know how to use mouse keys to be more efficient in RuneScape. If it is not doable on a laptop or at least in my case, I will be very upset that I don't get the advantage that pc users enjoy. Of course that is no one's fault so my frustration won't have a just cause.

I guess I'll have to repost this and hope again that someone can help me fix my problem where I can't use this ownage method. Just take a look at when i posted it originally and today's date.... Honestly wtfh are you guys doing putting this up on AoW when no one can provide an answer to problems that me and a few other people are facing.

Andrey138.png

Well to be fair, us laptop users (and to an even lesser extent, us Macbook users), are quite in the minority, so no one cares about us. :P

It seems like mousekeys are just programmed into the OS without thought to the technical limitations of working on a laptop. Mousekeys expect you to have a number pad to the right of your keyboard, even if your machine doesn't.

Just posting this as a prior message - I've managed to get MouseKeys working on my laptop. (HP 6735s - Vista).

It was a bit of fiddling, but i'll go back through and get a reasonable post up about how to do it, for now - just posting to say it IS doable! ::'

Edit: Okay...

Well, i'll describe my situation first and foremost. I have a standard Desktop PC, my primary use for Runescape, and have been using MouseKeys for some time on it brilliantly. Having recently bought a laptop for Uni' next year, I arrived at the slight predicament of setting up MouseKeys with the standard laptop keyboard layout.

The layout is your standard keyboard layout, without the right - numpad section. Instead, the Function (Fn) key is used to activate Num Lock (Fn+Scroll Lock). The num keys however override 7,8,9,0,u,i,o,p,j,k,l,;,m,. and / keys following standard numpad layouts. As such - simply activating MouseKeys and using those for the movement, well - not to mention it's a bit of a stretch, but it also makes it very difficult to type properly. :lol:

So, the solution I've came up with is as follows (Note: This solution is used primarily for banking, dropping etc - not sure how well it applies to other uses of MouseKeys, but you can always try it.):

I'm not a fan of StickyKeys, using it results in the constant need to 'double-tap' the respective button to turn it on and off, generally making it more 'fiddly' to use than the ability it contributes. Instead, I use the standard Control (Ctrl) Key on the left side of the keyboard whenever needing to Bank / Drop. However, as prior mentioned, the Numpad keys on a Laptop aren't good either. My solution to this is remapping the Windows key on the left side of the keyboard, and the left-alt key to Num-5 and Num-2 respectively. This allows me to simply hold Ctrl down with my left 'pinky', using my index and middle finger to apply the Num-2 and Num-5 keys for ease of banking / dropping. To do so, I found a free Key-Registry editor named "Sharp-Keys". I'm not sure if I can post links or not, so I won't - but it's freely available and a quick google-search will find it.

It's a simply to use Key Remapper. An Image of my current Settings can be seen here: Sharp Keys

Now, as for my MouseKeys settings, they are as follows:

Turn On Mouse Keys - Checked.

All Keyboard Shortcuts - Unchecked.

Hold down CTRL to Speed up and shift to slow down - Checked.

Use Mouse Keys when NUM LOCK is: OFF (Important for a laptop).

Display Mouse Keys Icon in Taskbar: Checked.

These settings in combination with the Key Remapping allows you to have the NumLock turned OFF, whilst still being able to use MouseKeys on a Laptop - resulting in no hindrance to typing.

Ofcourse, the Key Remappings can be played around with to find the option best suited to you - the keys suggested are simply my preference.

If i'm not clear (as I quite possibly may not be :?), please do post a reply and say so. I'll try and explain in more detail as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Ronan. (Piesofdoom)

Further Edit:

My apologies, when reading through I meant to remember to mention about Mac OS Laptop Users. Personally - I've got absolutely no experience with a Mac unfortunately :( , however from the understanding of this I'd imagine that if Macs contain the same feature, then if you can find a Keyboard Remapper with support for the Mac OS then the guide could apply to you too - simply replacing SharpKeys with the appropriate Keyboard Remapping tool. Good luck!

Magicplayak had this to add:

For those having problems (either moving too far or too short). You may need to change your GHz.

Go to your desktop.

Right click > Properties > Settings > Advanced > Monitor.

Change your Screen refresh rate to something else. All I know if that if your is 60Ghz, change it to 75. I am not sure with those with higher.

If you are still having a problem, where it goes to examine on the second click:

Go to Start > Control Panel > Mouse (under Printers & Hardware cateory) > Pointer Options

Check off the 'Enchace pointer precision' option. It will feel very strange at first, but you'll get use to it.

Hope this helps.

First of all, you don't "change your Ghz!". Although it sounds extremely entertaining, it's incorrect. The proper way to phrase this would be "change your monitor's refresh rate", where refresh rate is the number of times per second your display hardware (monitor) displays the data sent to it.

Also, if your refresh rate is 60 GHz... you have a SERIOUS BUSINESS MONITOR FROM THE FUTURE. There's no monitor in the world that refreshes 64,424,509,440 times per second, sorry. By the time we have the technical knowledge to make that physically possible, monitors will be obsolete and more ancient than the Egyptian pyramids. What you meant to say was 60 Hz (Hertz), not 60 GHz (gigahertz).

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

I wish I wasn't that [developmentally delayed]ed #-o

so that I could understand how to work with it. :roll:

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

This would be the most saddest thing on this thread.

I can't find my accessibility options and I can't open mousekeys via Alt+Shift+NumLock. :cry:

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

This would be the most saddest thing on this thread.

I can't find my accessibility options and I can't open mousekeys via Alt+Shift+NumLock. :cry:

Press shift 5 times, one after another.There should be a box.Press Settings.Have fun.

Nothing happened, I must've had StickyKeys turned off. :x

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Nothing happened for me. :x

zuzmo.png

collio.png

I got them to work but i goes at a weird diagonal angle and doesnt work for dropping ores..ive been messing around w/ the speed but it still doesnt work....

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

The / and * keys(from the numberpad) switch between right/left click.If I remember correctly, * is for left clicks.You can also click with +.

What would it be for a laptop? i dont think there's a left click one for laptops...

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Wow!

This guide is awesome this will really help in training! :thumbsup:

One question though, would jagex think this is autoing cause its so fast? :?:

Edit: Ok I have one more question, same thing as abbydog95. That question is the one right above my reply. I can't seem to find a button for left click, "5" right clicks on my laptop but nothing right clicks the "*" just moves the mouse. look at question above it's the same thing. /\

Edit 2:

-Clicking "use" on bones rather then "bury" when trying to use on your Gilded Alter. I remember how frustrating that was

They have a "offer x" option on alters now, just thought i'd point that out cause I don't know if you added that before that option or not.

Edit 3:

I'm not a fan of StickyKeys, using it results in the constant need to 'double-tap' the respective button to turn it on and off, generally making it more 'fiddly' to use than the ability it contributes. Instead, I use the standard Control (Ctrl) Key on the left side of the keyboard whenever needing to Bank / Drop. However, as prior mentioned, the Numpad keys on a Laptop aren't good either. My solution to this is remapping the Windows key on the left side of the keyboard, and the left-alt key to Num-5 and Num-2 respectively. This allows me to simply hold Ctrl down with my left 'pinky', using my index and middle finger to apply the Num-2 and Num-5 keys for ease of banking / dropping. To do so, I found a free Key-Registry editor named "Sharp-Keys". I'm not sure if I can post links or not, so I won't - but it's freely available and a quick google-search will find it.

I have a laptop but I have a really hard time trying to figure out the remapping thing can u help with the code to move those keys to where you have them?

Look up a program named SharpKeys

It allows you to easily remap keys through your registry.

Is it a downloadable program or is it built into the computer when you buy it?(I have windows vista) :?:

SharpKeys isn't packed with any version of Windows as far as i'm aware.

It's a third-party downloadable piece of software. ;)

Edit: Sorry, didn't check back on this thread as much as I should have. I'll get the specific key-codes that I remapped now. :)

Further Edit: Actually, silly me - I actually saved a screenshot of my settings that I use in SharpKeys, so once you've got SharpKeys installed, to use the same settings as I have, it should look like this: sharpkeys.jpg

Nice guide. I'm trying to use these for making bolts, but its failing horribly though. My mouse position keeps slowing moving upward with the mousekeys until its eventually only clicking on either the bolts or only the feathers. Is there a reason that it moves up every so slightly each click?

Other than that, I enjoy it for dropping. :thumbsup:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.