Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

stevepole

Today is Big day for all PS3 owners with the release of the highly anticipated game Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot. For me its the reason why I got my PS3. The Metal Gear Solid series is one of the oldest and top selling PlayStation series.

So who out their is besides me is going out to get the game?

What MGS4 is about-

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is a story-driven adventure game, with seasoned hero Solid Snake drafted for one final mission. Set across stages including the Middle East and South America, the now aged Snake has been asked to assassinate his old adversary, Liquid Ocelot. To do this, however, he must make his way through a series of battlefields, using his legendary stealth abilities and all-new OctoCamo suit to avoid detection and to reach his target. With series favorites such as Meryl Silverburgh, Raiden, Hal 'Otacon' Emmerich, Eva and Roy Campbell returning, and with all new gameplay features including a remote-controlled Metal Gear Mk. II and enhanced CQC (Close Quarters Combat) system, Metal Gear Solid 4 rounds out the Metal Gear saga with a fittingly cinematic and gripping final outing. [iGN]

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots UK Review

The ultimate Metal Gear game. Without question.

by Dave McCarthy, IGN UK

Gamespot Review (No Review yet but has a Critic score, and User score)

MGS4 Trailer on youtube

tFtfA.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought it earlier and gotten somewhat far, 3rd act

the game is top notch

what more can you want in a game?

by far the best visuals i've seen in a video game

one of the most compelling and deepest storylines in gaming history

takes stealth to a whole new level with the octocamo

gun battles good as ever

only done one boss fight so far, and if you've played mgs 1-3, you'll know it's epic

metal gear online

only thing people might not like are the long cut scenes, it's like a movie .i'd think it'd be mostly those people who didn't play through metal gear and mgs 1-3 that don't fully understand the storyline that wouldn't like to listen to every single bit of it.

if you own a ps3, there is no reason why you shouldn't pick up this masterpiece. people who don't own a ps3, you're missing out big time :o

What?

m_theory11.png

I guess my mom's PS3 DOES have a use after all.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Im planning to get my PS3 later in the year when in the UK and I might get this game.

I say might cause, I think I have number 1 or 2 maybe for the PS1 and never finished it cause it scared the crap out of me for some reason. Guess ill have to check it out later but it does certainly look very good.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

You should see all the rabid fanboys after EDGE's review of the game. They gave it an 8/10 and kids were going crazy over it. Sort of funny, really.

Anyways I don't have the game, nor a PS3, but just wanted to chime in on that.

You should see all the rabid fanboys after EDGE's review of the game. They gave it an 8/10 and kids were going crazy over it. Sort of funny, really.

halo 3 was given a 10/10 by edge and gave a 8/10 on bioshock lol

anyways that's just one review

it got a few 100's, 10/10, etc by alot of other reviewers also

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... hepatriots

i'm up to the last beauty and the beast and got stuck

What?

m_theory11.png

It's better then I anticipated. Im currently stuck at [hide=]Act 2, trying to find Naomi. Something about a mansion and there is a wall. Do I wait for the truck to crash through it, or what? That is like the only possible way inside.[/hide] Thanks

RangedCrave

newsigwu9.png

I'M SO EMO HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah I don't know why and how halo got a 10/10 from EDGE, usually they are pretty good.

And 10/10's really are just starting to mean nothing these days. All the major titles are being given it without any thought.

Yeah I don't know why and how halo got a 10/10 from EDGE, usually they are pretty good.

And 10/10's really are just starting to mean nothing these days. All the major titles are being given it without any thought.

I completely agree with you that 10s are starting to become meaningless. They may all look nice at first glance but when reviewers start to hand them out as frequently as they have over the past year it somewhat hinders the industry.

tFtfA.jpg

It's better then I anticipated. Im currently stuck at [hide=]Act 2, trying to find Naomi. Something about a mansion and there is a wall. Do I wait for the truck to crash through it, or what? That is like the only possible way inside.[/hide] Thanks

RangedCrave

[hide=]I got stuck on that part too, there's a mansion. go to the roof and there is a place you can drop down.[/hide]

I'm impressed how kojima tied down all the characters from metal gear to metal gear solid 3 so perfectly :o

What?

m_theory11.png

Completed the game, took me 19 hours. :) I have to say, the game is amazing, one of the best games I've played in a long time. Act 4 was the best level ever 8-)

Ending was a complete plot twist. :shock:

Liked:

The graphics ~ Very nicely done,

The controls ~ Easy to pick up and play, and thank god for the camera.

The boss battles ~ These were very interesting and were very enjoyable, makes you think outside the box too.

The characters ~ The characters were awesome this time round, with some very good personalties. Drebin is easily my favourite

Didn't like:

The cut scenes ~ They were too long. It was 20 minutes of gameplay then a really long cut scene, it feels more like a film than a game, but however, some of them though were really impressive.

I won't spoil the ending ;)

Phaper_Plane.png

I just beat it too, 20 hrs lol

got eagle at the end for all my head shots :lol:

epilogue was like an hour long

most cut scenes were really long but you can't really complain because it told the story pretty well

every secret revealed in this game

i'm very bad at cqc, i opt for gun battles so i died like 10 times in that cqc fight :x

game was awesome

shame it was snakes last

What?

m_theory11.png