PSP vs. NDS

Abelmisi

Which is your handheld of choice?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your handheld of choice?

• Nindendo DS
    • Playstation Portable

With all the handheld related threads turning a psp-nds fight, I think it's about time we have a thread where we can discuss the handhelds, without being off topic.

Which handheld takes the cake? Do you like the PSP or the DS more? Why? Post away, but please stick with the rules and don't let a good discussion turn into a flamewar. ;)

rickastleywh7.png

Well, I couldn't help it--I picked the PSP. It' the only handheld I'll play because I modded it, and it's just amazing now.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

DS. I like the touch screen and the fact it has most of the games I want to play on it.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Haha, I should've picked the DS too :lol:

I wish I new how to play homebrew on the DS. If I could figure that out, then I'd probably be playing my (EDIT: Meant DS lol) more than I usually do lol.

Despite the fact that I didn't carry on with my plan of getting one, I would still get a DS over a PSP any day. The homebrew is just so much better, as are the Official games.

However, if you did not know about the flash carts, I'd say that the PSP and DS are on even ground, because a PSP can be used for more than just games out of the box, versus a DS which you need the knowledge of Flashcarts to bring it to it's full potential. Also, I'd say that modding a PSP is much more well known than a DS flashcart.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

PSP, because you can play music/browse the interwebs/do lots of other stuff without needing to mod it.

And also, because the 333 MhZ processor/16 Mb of ram (I think it's that much) runs Linux better.

64 mb ram.

Despite the fact that I didn't carry on with my plan of getting one, I would still get a DS over a PSP any day. The homebrew is just so much better, as are the Official games.

However, if you did not know about the flash carts, I'd say that the PSP and DS are on even ground, because a PSP can be used for more than just games out of the box, versus a DS which you need the knowledge of Flashcarts to bring it to it's full potential. Also, I'd say that modding a PSP is much more well known than a DS flashcart.

Homebrew is so much better? Your wrong there "pall". Indeed DS have a few but great homebrews but the PSP have a lot of homebrews and a greater amount of good ones than the DS. Although the official games are better "overall" (IMO).

Ds. The homebrew slays psps on the spot.
I was thinking of a last look around in offtopic and I see this [cabbage]? Failure.

I'd go for a PSP over the DS not just because my type of games (The library isn't really big though) are on the PSP and the large homebrew communty but because It's practical (Music, movies, picture browser, decent internet, skype). Some might say that it doesn't matter because "they're made for gaming" (etc.) but some people actually find it useful (I'm one of them). Custom firmware is also a good addition, Play games from your memory stick (Some might call me a pirate but everyone with a flashcart can be considered to), Homebrew (Without a expensive flashcart *Input weird smilie*) such as emulators for old goodies and completely new games.

igsig.png

The PSP doesn't have:

Mario Kart DS

Animal Crossing: WW

Starfox Command

Pokémon D/P

Advance Wars

...and countless other good RPG games.

Well that argument isn't worth a [cabbage]. I could count up quite some games only on the PSP as well.

"Monster hunter 1-2nd G

Metal Gear AC!D 1-2

Dynasty warriors (Don't come up with that it's pointless, I hate Pokémon D & P)

Legend of heroes 1-3

Field commands

Warhammer 40k

Prince of Persia"

"...and countless other good games"

I hate ignorant people with ignorant arguments. People that have thier own opinion on the other hand I respect but if they add pointless arguments to "boast" their favourite console I do not.

igsig.png

I was talking about games I liked. It wasn't an argument, but a statement of preference, which is exactly what the topic asked for.

If you like those games, good for you. I'll be happy on my DS, you'll be happy on your PSP, and everyone's getting along nicely.

I too, dislike ignorance.

The only thing about the ds that bugs is some of the games that cause ds owners to inadvertantly decimate their ds. Yoshi touch and go is an example of a touch screen executioner.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

DS for sure. PSP has better games (some are like PS2-quality), but I can give that up for portability. There's no point in getting a handheld if it doesn't even fit in your pocket comfortably.

Ive never understood this. What kind of shoddy trousers do you people wear that dont allow you to put a PSP in them, yet can fit a DS? The PSP is far slimmer and barely that much wider.

knkcopy.jpg

The only thing about the ds that bugs is some of the games that cause ds owners to inadvertantly decimate their ds. Yoshi touch and go is an example of a touch screen executioner.

wii_in_tv__2.jpg

Let's face it, the DS doesn't compare with the Wii for decimations.

[hide=Click 4 Pic]

Let's face it, the DS doesn't compare with the Wii for decimations.

Couldve been worse. It couldve been that 60" TV youve been waiting your whole life to own.

02.jpg

Oh, right..

[/hide]

I just wanna know why people are letting go of the controllers. -.- You're not supposed to swing it too hard, yet people do anyway, probably to sue Nintendo or something...I remember when people were complaining, though. Now, there's no excuse because of the more secure strap.