I've got this money...

Georgelemmons

and I don't know what to do with it :ohnoes:

So, I'm looking for suggestions for 1 Wii and 1 PC game to buy.

I own a Wii and a nice PC (it should be capable of most anything).

Wii games - Twilight Princess, SSBB, Metriod 3, NFS Carbon, Gh3, every Zelda game from the shop \' ,and Super Mario Galaxy.

PC - nothing good -.-

-No M-Games. :wall:

-I like pretty much any genre.

Recommendations ploX? <3: (thanks in advance)

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Can't you try to reason with your parents to let you get an M-rated game, and tell them that it is a suggestion, not the law, and you are mature enough to handle these things.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Can't you try to reason with your parents to let you get an M-rated game, and tell them that it is a suggestion, not the law, and you are mature enough to handle these things.

No. It's really not negotiable. It's not about the selling law, it's just about the content, which is dumb. I have tried many times, though :wall: :thumbdown: -.- :(

1ekn0o.jpg

Try Guitar Hero, any version for the Wii. Also try ANIMAL CROSSING: CITY FOLK as it's highly addictive and contains a very awesome singing, guitar-playing dog. Also Mario Kart: Wii is pretty fun.

Oh and also there are many great games on the Wii Shop Channel, you coule download Super Mario Bros, a Kirby game (Kirby's adventure FTW, also lots of other ones), or Legend of Zelda (A Link to the past and Ocarina of time are good) Also you could try Tetris Party (Wii Ware).

For PC try maybe Spore, Warcraft III is pretty nice if you want a strategy game (this is not WoW, this is a game based off Wow fyi)... Um... Lego Star Wars is great... Any Lego game honestly.

Also I've yet to find an M rated game that I would enjoy. I enjoy fantasy/adventure role playing games... So yeah if there's one I doubt it. IMO M rated games are generally a) violent b)stupid because of overly violent.

Try Guitar Hero, any version for the Wii. Also try ANIMAL CROSSING: CITY FOLK as it's highly addictive and contains a very awesome singing, guitar-playing dog. Also Mario Kart: Wii is pretty fun.

Oh and also there are many great games on the Wii Shop Channel, you coule download Super Mario Bros, a Kirby game (Kirby's adventure FTW, also lots of other ones), or Legend of Zelda (A Link to the past and Ocarina of time are good) Also you could try Tetris Party (Wii Ware).

For PC try maybe Spore, Warcraft III is pretty nice if you want a strategy game (this is not WoW, this is a game based off Wow fyi)... Um... Lego Star Wars is great... Any Lego game honestly.

Also I've yet to find an M rated game that I would enjoy. I enjoy fantasy/adventure role playing games... So yeah if there's one I doubt it. IMO M rated games are generally a) violent b)stupid because of overly violent.

#-o This is sad, I forgot I had Gh3.

Yeah, I've been considering Mario Kart. Will probably get it. ::'

Does anybody know about Starcraft? I've heard that's very good.

1ekn0o.jpg

mario kart wii was brilliant, but i would not suggest online play as it is LITTERED with hackers and cheaters. you'll probably be frustrated but if you have friends that played mario kart, invite them for a multiplayer.

as for PC: i would recommened real-time stradegy games like warcraft. if you go online and play custom games, i guaranteed you'll never get bored. \'

Yes, I forgot you can play Warcraft online with others. It's pretty great...

Erm.. Fire Emblem for Wii? idk how it is though, otherwise you could try whichever sports game you like (NHL2K9 FTW)

http://www.nintendo.com/games/guide#qhardware=Wii has every Wii game availible in the US or set to be released soon. So you can use their game sorting system thing to find ones you'd particularly like.

Also try Super Paper Mario or Wii Music. They do have a Final Fantasy game on Wii Ware if you're into that.

Also try Super Paper Mario or Wii Music.

This is the part where the screen goes black and white and a guy stands in the foreground telling you that it's never too late to stop someone from buying Wii Music.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I've played it. It....I really can't describe it. It was just bad. I couldn't tell when what I was trying to do was coming out right, and some of the instruments just sound tremendously horrible. A barking box? Seriously? Plus the song selection is just public domain stuff and a few Nintendo themes. Maybe alright for younger folk. And if he can only get 1 Wii game, he can really do better.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

I've played it. It....I really can't describe it. It was just bad. I couldn't tell when what I was trying to do was coming out right, and some of the instruments just sound tremendously horrible. A barking box? Seriously? Plus the song selection is just public domain stuff and a few Nintendo themes. Maybe alright for younger folk. And if he can only get 1 Wii game, he can really do better.

I play saxophone in real life. This game expects me to hold to Wiimote like a trumpet and press 1 and 2 to play notes. This game is good if you have no musical talent whatsoever.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

How much money, may I ask?

I can't really help with Wii games (Haven't touched mine in so long, and I only have 5 games, having played only 2), but PC...Hm.

If you can't get an M game, I suppose strategy games are your best bet. If you want sci-fi, go for Starcraft, the battle chest is about $20. If you want fantasy, I guess go for Warcraft (III? I've heard II is better?). If you want historical...You have a lot of choices. Age of Empires: Collector's Edition is an amazing deal (First two with expansions for only $10, don't bother with the third), or you could look for Civilization IV: Complete (It's actually at half price off Steam right now...). Rome: Total War is also great, if you like big battles.

For the record, Civ4 is turn-based (And doesn't focus a ton on fighting like the others), and Rome: Total War is mainly turn-based, with real-time battles. The rest are all real-time.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Pc - Team Fortress 2? GTA IV? Tomb Raider Underworld? Left 4 Dead?

#-o

He said he couldn't have M games.

I highly recommend Mario Kart Wii. It is an amazing game, and the online is great. I think I have only come across a hacker of two in my whole time playing it.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I play saxophone in real life. This game expects me to hold to Wiimote like a trumpet and press 1 and 2 to play notes. This game is good if you have no musical talent whatsoever.

GASP! IT MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE WORLD.

Yeah I obviously did not know this or I would have never suggested it.

I, too play the saxophone.

Oh btw if you're planning on getting Warcraft, go for the battle chest, it's like $60 on Amazon though you can get it at Best Buy for the same price. It comes with WC3, the expansion pack Frozen Throne, and the strategy guides/walkthroughs for each one.

Portal is a T (or so says wikipedia). It's a truly excellent game, and there's a lot of free content you can download (map packs, mods etc) once you've finished it.

If that's not your thing, then Red Alert 3 is coming out on Steam in January (without Securom) if you can buy stuff on steam and don't mind waiting. CnC: First Decade is also good if you don't mind something a little older.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Wii Music will be the biggest waste of money in your life. You could burn money worth twice than what Wii Music would be worth but Wii Music will still be the biggest waste.

So I'd be burning a dime, then?

Which one has more games, the C&C First decade or the C&C Saga? Saga is about $20 on Amazon I think, that's something I've been meaning to get for a while now.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

If you've ever played Super Mario Strikers for the GC, you'll love Mario Strikers Charged on the Wii. It's pretty much an improved version of it. Also, on the Virtual Console I would definitely pick up the original Paper Mario for the N64. It's gotta be one of my favorite games of all time. Mario Kart Wii is also a nice game.

If you like RTS games on the PC, I would say an Age of Empires game or maybe Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge would be ideal. I've had them for ages and I still have fun playing them every once in a while.

Yeah, Portal is an excellent game, I've only played it on the 360 but it sounds even better on the PC. Very addicting.

Erm

If you're going to get an RTS for the PC- World in Conflict! :D

Tomb Raider underworld isn't M :P

I know that, but 3 of your 4 were M.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Pick up something from Steam. They got a crazy holiday deal going on right now on a lot of games, real cheap.

Portal is $5, for example. Sadly most of the awesome deals (L4D for $37, TF2 for $10, UT3 for $10, ect.) are all M rated games.

Pick up something from Steam. They got a crazy holiday deal going on right now on a lot of games, real cheap.

Portal is $5, for example. Sadly most of the awesome deals (L4D for $37, TF2 for $10, UT3 for $10, ect.) are all M rated games.

What annoys me is that there isn't anything actually bad with those M games, just swearing, blood, and gore.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg