@@ !! [ xp3nsiv's lil' book to f2p pures * Last Vol.*] !! @@

Tsunami_Ice

70hp1sw.png

KILLED: 89

DIED: 4 (aww...)

ENEMIES WHO RAN: countless...

I'm usually World 1/3 edgeville pking...so if you're around my level, come and visit me :twisted:

NOTE: It's up to you in the end of this guide to decide what you want. I am NOT criticizing anyone else's viewpoints, I'm just showing my own. :wink:

Oh..but feel free to rate, hate or relate.

STATS

- These stats only apply to FREE TO PLAY pkers only, which basically applies to 90% of whatever questions are asked on this message board anyway...

MELEE STATS

Attack ***

- The Attack stat increases your chance of actually hitting the opponent, meaning that it would basically decrease your chances of hitting 0's.

- Although it sounds very important, an f2p pker would most likely be challenging other f2p pkers, most of which have a very low defence level.

- Hence, the recommended level for attack should be 40 and KEPT at 40. This is primarily for rune weaponry.

- Although some people believe you should have 50 or 60 attack for challenging defence pures. However, an important principle that I follow is that you do NOT fight a defence pure with melee.

- Magic and Ranging are the skills you would use to fight defence pures, NOT melee. Note that Magic and Ranging can be levelled up very high WITHOUT the gain of combat levels, unlike Attack. Magic also has the advantage over metallic armors, capable of hitting MORE OFTEN than normal with an attack such as fire blast.

- Hence, I suggest that all WARRIORS, MAGES and RANGERS aim for 40 attack.

Defence ***

- Defence is one of those stats that are argued about quite often. Defence is the chance of forcing the opponent to hit 0's or miss. It DOES NOT lower the damage you take from each hit.

- Note that the objective of a pure is to have the OPTIMUM offensive advantage over those of the same level as you.

- Obviously, to have such an advantage, you will need to sacrifice your defence.

- In the wilderness, an inventory full of lobsters should be capable of supporting any damage you take for a long time - avoiding the need for defence levels - and hence minimizing your combat level.

- Note that for "black pures" 1 defence and 10 defence is VERY similar, but make a HUGE difference to your combat level. If you are challenging someone with a rune scimitar or a decent bow and arrow, a 1 defence and 10 defence would make NO difference.

- Hence for WARRIORS - I suggest leaving your defence at 1, and supporting yourself with plenty of food.

- For MAGES - same, leave at 1 defence - besides any armor you wear will lower your magic attack anyway, and f2p robes don't require defence levels.

- For RANGERS - I strongly recommend you keep 1 defence as well. The only decent body that f2p have for a ranging advantage is green dragonhide, and this requires 40 defence. This level is FAR too high and will greatly affect your combat level. Besides, the defence it provides is fairly ineffective against another pker at the same level as you, but with a significantly higher offensive ability.

Strength ***

- Simply put - the higher the strength, the higher your maximum hit.

- I suggest all pkers maximize this stat as much as possible, disregarding ANY combat level gains. Also take into consideration that this stat is the key stat to giving you an offensive advantage (for obvious reasons)

- The minimum for this stat should be 60 to be of any effect in the wilderness. A 40-1-50 iron pker does sound tempting, but I have experimented with this kind of pure, and it is very ineffective due to the insane number of pure mages out there.

- At a higher level, you WILL be using this stat ALOT. Either a MAGE or a RANGER, eventually you will be forced into utilizing strength, either for a final blow with an r2h, or for an advantage of having a higher maximum hit than any f2p mage or ranger.

Hitpoints ***

- Hitpoints are...your hitpoints, life total, HP, whatever you call it...

- I don't see why people try to minimize this stat...because for ANY pker, this is the ONLY stat that will ensure that you will survive in the wilderness...

- For ANY pker, I strongly suggest that you MAXIMIZE this stat as priority #1. If you see a genie lamp - use it on HITPOINTS. If you are training MAGIC - make sure you train with a skill that offers HITPOINTS exp. This is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

- DISREGARD any combat level gains due to Hitpoints. They WILL not hinder your effectiveness in the wilderness.

- JUST REMEMBER - if you see a HUGE difference between your hitpoints and your combat level, YOU have the upper hand against EVERYONE else at your combat level. For example, my pure is level 53 and has 70hp, and your average level 80 main has 66 hp, so WHAT AN ADVANTAGE!! Just think about what other level 53's would have...

- If your combat level is HIGHER than your hitpoints, and you are creating a pure - then you know youve done something WRONG.

Prayer ***

- Ahhh...prayer...I hate talking about this stat...

- Prayer is basically...well...like performance enhancing drugs really...(some of em ppl really oppose and some of em ppl use excessively).

- In my own opinion, I recommend that prayer should be kept at 1 and I will explain why, giving advantages and disadvantages...

ADVANTAGES OF PRAYER

- Prayer offers an extra 1-2 to your maximum hit.

- Prayer can help you keep an item that you treasure.

- Prayer can also help you with protections (hey...it's an advantage)

DISADVANTAGES OF PRAYER

- Prayer raises your combat level by 3-5 levels, minimizing your advantages in the wilderness.

- Prayer is usually levelled to either 13, 31 or 43. We do not have any prayer pots available to us, so prayer lasts for perhaps a good solid 20-40 seconds and then just runs out - enough for you to finish one fight.

- It's just so annoying having to drink a potion and turn on prayers and wat not...Potions are more than enough for strength bonuses.

- You must continuously visit an altar to recharge after 1-2 fights, a pointless waste of time.

- Prayer is expensive and time consuming to level up.

So..in my own opinion, I believe the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. I would recommend that prayer is kept at 1 for f2p pures, main reason being that it drains too quickly, and if it depletes, you'd be severely disadvantaged due to your increased combat levels, which would serve no benefit if you have no more prayer.

Ranging ***

- Ranging, although much weaker in the f2p worlds than p2p worlds (from what I have heard) is still a necessity for all f2p pures.

- Most ppl would consider the absolute minimum for ranging to be 40 - basically for the dragonhide chaps and vambraces, however as I said before - HITPOINTS are a valuable skill you MUST raise.

- Ranging is one of the best ways to raise hitpoints with minimal effect to combat levels, as ranging levels rarely cause a combat level gain unless you're priority is the ranging skill.

- Ranging is also highly effective against defence pures at high levels. It can substitute as your main offense against high defence pkers instead of magic and ESPECIALLY melee.

- The rapid ability combined with a high ranging skill is deadly in the f2p wilderness, and is a very underestimated aspect to f2p pking. Most of the time when you see a ranger hitting 13's in the wildy at level 50-60 with rapid arrows...you'd go omg!!! and yeh...even I have.

- EDIT: RANGING is BLOODY good against armor at high levels. Since your ranged "accuracy" AND "strength" is judged by your ranged level...it is VERY effective against rune pkers...perhaps even more so than magic...

- Hence, I would recommend that the ranging skill has NO limit. Level it up as much as you can basically...

Magic ***

- Magic is important...I mean VERY important.

- Magic's ABSOLUTE minimum should be 59 - primarily for binding and for fire blast, a key ability against defence pures. There should be no reason to get 50-60 attack with this spell.

- Magic, like ranging does not affect your combat level as most likely - it will be your melee skills that would be the priority.

- Magic, like ranging is very effective for raising hitpoint levels. Make sure that you DO NOT raise your magic levels through teleportation, curses or high level alchemy. This will avoid hitpoints levels and may disadvantage you in the wildy.

---

Basically...the key ideology that I follow is - DO NOT IGNORE HITPOINTS!!!

Also remember that in the end...there's no such thing as an effective pure melee, ranger or mage at levels 50-60 - you should be starting to develop your other offensive skills - not just focussing on one.

THE [P E R F E C T] F2P PKER

ATTACK: 40

DEFENCE: 1

STRENGTH: 90

HITPOINTS: 90

MAGIC: 60

PRAYER: 1

RANGED: 85

COMBAT: 65

TRAINING LOCATIONS

- These locations only apply to FREE TO PLAY pkers only, which basically applies to 90% of whatever questions are asked on this message board anyway...

Melee ***

- Very often I have players coming up to me and saying..."omg u can hit 16's natural...why dont you train on hill giants? More melee and prayer exp : "

- It may seem strange, but for training my pure's strength, the best thing I've trained on for melee and probably for the rest of the game until 99 strength is on level 21 guards and I'll explain why...

- There are a few key rules I think of when I notice a potential training spot...

:arrow: Is the opponent worthwhile to train on?

- I consider the NPC's Hitpoints to its combat.

- Note that the amount of exp given to you is not related to the strength of the NPC, but the amount of damage that YOU do to that NPC.

- This is a mistake that alot of players still don't understand. When I see people training on demons at such low levels I ask them why they train there...and they say its good exp - when in reality I know that they constantly hit 0's and basically torture themselves to death.

- It's a common misconception that one would believe that fighting a "green-levelled" monster is a bad way of training - which in fact is completely the opposite in the scope of an f2p pure...

- Generally, it's 4 exp for each 1 point of damage - so if its fighting a level 1 rat or a level 92 greater demon - 1 point of damage is ALWAYS 4 exp points.

- Hence, it would be more worthwhile training on a monster that has a low combat skill, hits low, yet has a high hitpoints total so that more damage can be dealt to it...offering more experience as a whole.

:arrow: Is the opponent aggressive?

- I avoid all NPC's that are aggressive, and avoid all forms of "AFK" training - which in my opinion - cant even see how it works...

- You do not want to end up surrounded by NPC's starving for your blood, having 1 defence and no more food. That would leave you VERY vulnerable to these NPC - avoid at all costs.

:arrow: Does the monster have a good respawn rate?

- Training is simply slow if you are left standing for a monster to show up.

- However, as a downside - most players would be aware of the "good" training locations and will generally crowd them.

- Take into consideration that there are MANY places that I know of that are NOT crowded, I'll release these secrets a little later too

- Also note that in worlds that are crowded (World 1 in particular) are the sort of worlds that MOST players would not train in, due to the idea that since its a crowded world, there must be no NPC's available.

- However, you should be making the most out of this. Note that when there are more people in the server, ALL NPC's will spawn faster to compensate for it. Being in an empty room full of NPC's to train on in a crowded world is the BEST training spot.

:arrow: Are you close to a bank?

- Admit it...our defence is shocking so we gorge through alot of training food.

- What good is it if you have to walk half way across the map to get more food?

- This is why I avoid ALL dungeons and caves for training. I generally train in towns or the outskirts of towns. That's it.

MY TRAINING SPOTS (MELEE)

- Again, These are MY training spots and they have worked for ME. If you disagree, then disagree but do not flame on...

*** Level 1-40 *** Level 2 Men in Edgeville.

- Yes, that's right, Men in edgeville. It satisfies all the demands for any training location.

- The level 2 Man has 7 hp, so its still high enough to level to 40-1-40...believe me.

- Your maximum hit will be 7, so there will be NO caps of damage due to the NPC's hitpoints.

- You are only a few metres from a bank so stock up on food is very easy.

- There are at minimum 12 men wandering around there when its deserted. The respawn rate is also extremely good.

- Men are not aggressive. (What would lumby be like if they were? )

- The men are ALL in that room. Confined. Stuck. Cant wander around. Perfect.

- In reality however, I actually trained to 40-1-50 on Men since it was so effective.

*** Level 40-60 *** Level 13 Goblins in Goblin Village.

- You probably notice by now that I obviously have killed alot of low levelled NPC's.

- Still, keep in mind that its the AMOUNT of damage you do to ANY opponent, NOT the strength of the NPC that determines your experience.

- Goblins in Goblin village are bloody everywhere and their respawn rate is insane.

- They have 16 hp, again - your max hit will be about 15 at best.

- You will NOT be standing around idlely waiting for an opponent to show up. Since this place is in the middle of the mountains and its strictly a quest town, its generally VERY empty. (Especially in World 1 believe it or not)

- Goblins are so pitifully weak that your natural Hitpoints growth will compensate for the little 1's and 2's they occasionally pull off. I actually supported myself with the kebabs I got from drunken dwarves...

- Goblins are NOT aggressive. Important.

FINALLY...the biggest training spot of all...

*** Level 60-99 *** Level 21 Guards in Edgeville.

- They have a maximum hit of 3...minimal threat.

- Food is just as close as it is for the Level 2 Men.

- In crowded worlds, this place is empty and the respawn rate is very good.

- Guards have 22 hp, yet again, your maximum hit naturally will not reach this in a long long time.

- Guards are not aggressive.

- What can an iron chain and bronze med do to stop your attacks? :roll:

- If you happen to notice someone with your combat level wandering into the wilderness...pay him/her a little visit...

- That's it for Melee..simple..effective..and its the regime im sticking too..

Magic ***

- When I see anyone training magic whilst getting hit...I laugh at them. Levelling this skill is so bloody simple I got it to 70 for the fun of it...

- There are a key rule that I suggest that you follow if you have difficulty training magic...

:arrow: TAKE MY ADVICE.

- I try to help people who train whilst getting hit...but they dont listen.

- A person actually died trying to mage at the guards in edgeville...who the heck needs to move around to close and open a fence for MAGIC?

MY TRAINING SPOT (MAGIC)

*** Level 1-99 *** Level 28 Hobgoblins Next to the Crafting Guild

- These guys are strong, very strong against 1 def pkers.

- What good are they though when theyre across on a peninsula staring at you whilst you smack them with fire bolts.

- Theres like 20 of em walking up and down a thin peninsula...that's basically lining up for you to shoot em. Plus they respawn awfully fast.

- The water protects you. There's NO need to pick up ANYTHING.

- Level 1 or Level 99 - every magic will HIT them and quite effectively.

- Yes you will get bored but wait for a beginner to pass into the peninsula and get destroyed by the 20 hobgoblins... :

Ranged ***

- This is probably the hardest combat skill to properly raise in f2p. (excluding prayer - which I suggest you avoid)

- Shortbows have a low range unfortunately, so it can get a little tacky trying to shoot at hobgoblins that are relatively far away.

- Either way...my suggestion is that to train ranged the fastest...you will need to sacrifice the ability to PICK UP ARROWS.

- For lower levels, it is still effective to use ranged as if it were a melee skill. But at higher levels this is a different case.

- The main things I look for when I search for a ranging spot are:-

:arrow: Safety

- Are you in a safe place away from the range of the NPC.

- I.e will they hit you back.

- For godsake...dont be stupid and train on ranged opponents. That's just pathetic.

:arrow: Respawn Rate

- Basically, As soon as you kill one, you should be able to instantly shoot at another.

MY TRAINING SPOTS (RANGED)

- Only 2 Ranging spots...effective..simple..maybe not fun...

*** Level 1-40 *** Level 2 Cows Next to the Crafting Guild

- Cows...thats it...cows...alot of cows...

- Level 2 and 8 hp..

- Good enough for picking up your arrows.

- No need to protect yourself unless your scared of em for some reason.

AND NOW...THE REALLY SECRET RANGING SPOT!!!! (i mean they seem to neglect and underestimate this spot alot...)

*** Level 40-99 *** Level 20 Fortress Guards at Black Knight Fortress.

- You'll be high up that cliff with the snow, so you're safe.

- They are like 3-4 pixels away from you..and they dont drift off far..so shortbow problems are no more.

- They respawn VERY quickly since they are a quest-related NPC.

- There are plenty to go around for yourself basically..so utilize the CROWDED worlds.

- The place is completely empty unless someones doing a quest..

- Well that's it for now...those are the ONLY training spots I used to make my pure...and it's what I will follow for the rest of my training to 99 ranged and strength.

METHODS OF MERCHANTING

- Simply put, there is NO way to merchant without having something to merchant to begin with.

- Also, merchanting becomes significantly easier once you have MORE to begin with. So the main reason why someone would give up merchanting is that they have nothing to begin with...and that is true amongst a majority of failed starting f2p pkers.

- That is why my methods for starting from 20gp to 4mil+ has always involved CHEAP items. The effectiveness of merchanting (excluding rares) is BULK. Simply put, the CHEAPEST, and LARGEST bulk of an item will give the best profit in the long run.

- My recommended amount of gp to start merchanting is 10k - which is probably the hardest part of all this... Not 100k, just 10k.

EDIT: The LOW LEVEL RUNE business DOESN'T work as well...too many people do it, and the new essence upgrade has severely lessened the prices of low-level elemental runes.

LOW LEVEL ARROWS ***

- Simply put...this is the BEST merchanting method which I have tried.

- Bronze Arrows are 6gp maximum. Iron Arrows are 18gp maximum in the archery store.

- IN BULK - 1000+ - Bronze arrows are 20-25 gp each. Iron arrows are 30-35gp each.

- Do you see the ratios? (Double ur money as a worst-case scenario) :roll:

- Do NOT try steel, mith, addy. They are TOO expensive in stores.

- Low-level arrows are in VERY high demand. Not like eyes of newts or watever...

IMPORTANT TIPS

1. It does NOT matter what order you train your stats in. I actually trained magic to 59 first to get the feel for pking without training any other stat (besides hitpoints of course).

2. Yes, the PKing Triangle is true, but be clever and take a little bit of all 3 styles with you when you pk. However, note that magic can be substituted for ranged at higher levels - faster attack rate, accuracy is judged by your high ranged level, save some space.

3. At low level pking in general, magic is the only way to go. A 40-1-40 pker is completely ineffective and a ranger with 50 ranged is even worse - completely weak and ineffective. Magic is the only way to go in combat levels 45 or less. Of course, everything changes once combat levels of 50 or so occur... :roll:

4. People seem to ask me about what to use against what armors and whatnot. Note that in f2p pking...if you're up against a 1 def pker - who cares about what armor theyre wearing - because its probably NOTHING.

The best possible defence is dragonhide chaps and vambraces, and I have absolutely no problem hitting them with melee, ranged or magic. If you're up against a pker with decent defence, then youll have to consider a different approach.

5. The ONLY reason you would wear dragonhide chaps and vambraces is if you are RANGING. NOT for defence bonuses. Note that no matter how much you think vambraces and chaps give to your "defence-bonus"...your defence is still terrible. If you are meleeing only, wear iron armor, or a skirt - it DOESNT matter, you WILL always get hit often and thats what a low-def pker must sacrifice for incredible strength.

6. Don't teleport...it's just a rune scimitar :roll: If you're really that scared of losing money, AVOID all "expensive" armors such as chaps and vambraces unless you are ranging. Your defence is your defence...terrible...A few pieces of armor will not help you if your initial defence is that low....

7. If you're pking, dont 3-item...you just look stupid...besides - a true pker would attack first anyway.

WHAT I WEAR!!!

Alot of ppl ask me this...and I keep telling them it doesnt matter. But if you really want it in a guide form...fine... :wink:

WHEN I AM...

:arrow: MELEE ONLY

HEAD - Nothing (You could wear an Iron helm, but it took up a bank space so I dropped em all :lol: )

BODY - Iron Chain (cos it looks cool now :wink: )/Iron Plate (I usually have some in my bank from other kills :roll: )

LEGS - A skirt? (it definitely grabs the attention of other pkers)/Iron Legs if you want to complete that "iron look".

WEAPON: Rune Scimitar

SHIELD: Nothing/Iron Shield (Too much of a hassle when u switch to an r2h)

AMULET - Amulet of Strength. (NOT POWER - no need for the defence bonus)

CAPE - Red Cape - like a signature to me.

ARROWS - Well...none...

GLOVES - Leather Gloves/Nothing

BOOTS - Leather Boots/Nothing

INVENTORY - 1 Rune 2 Handed Sword, 1 4-dose Strength Potion, 26 Lobsters.

:arrow: RANGE ONLY

HEAD - Nothing (You could wear a coif, but they look horrendously ugly...)

BODY - Nothing (You could wear a soft leather body, but they also look horrendously ugly)

LEGS - Dragonhide Chaps (duh...)

WEAPON - Maple ShortBow (without question...)

SHIELD - duh..

AMULET - Nothing. (Power aint worth it...I'm usually ranging + melee, so I'd normally wear a strength amulet)

ARROWS - 250 Adamantite Arrows

GLOVES - Dragonhide Vambraces (duh...)

INVENTORY - 27 Lobsters. 1 Free space to collect addy arrows.

:arrow: MAGIC ONLY

HEAD - Wizard Hat (Blue preferrably...black just doesnt work with its robe counterpart)

BODY - Wizard Robe (duh...)

LEGS - Blue Skirt to complete the look.

WEAPON - Fire Staff (Fire Blast)

SHIELD - Anti-Dragon Breath Shield/Nothing (Makes little difference...)

AMULET - Amulet of Magic. (duh...)

ARROWS - Why would you take any?

GLOVES - Leather Gloves/Nothing

INVENTORY - 60 Death Runes, 240 Air Runes, 26 Lobsters.

:arrow: MY CURRENT PKING METHOD (MELEE + RANGE)

HEAD - Wizard Hat

BODY - Iron Chain

LEGS - Dragonhide Chaps

WEAPON - Maple Shortbow

SHIELD - Nothing

AMULET - Amulet of Strength

CAPE - Red Cape

ARROWS - 250 Adamantite Arrows

GLOVES - Dragonhide Vambraces

BOOTS - Leather Boots

INVENTORY - 1 Rune Scimitar, 1 Rune 2-Handed Sword, 1 4-Dose Strength Potion, 24 Lobsters, 1 FREE space for arrows.

Good luck to all the f2p pkers out there - and have fun :roll:

RSN: xp3nsiv

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd consider it to be more of a "main" than my real one...

I do all of my merchanting and training on that account..

I learnt that if you're staying f2p...its bloody boring to raise ur "skills"...killin others for satisfaction is much more exciting :wink:

:arrow: EDIT!!!!

People still keep asking me this...so here's your answer...

The "order" in which you gain your levels is irrelevant. As long as you reach your goals, it doesnt matter what order you go at. However, for the "quickest" way to level up...

(ATTACK - DEFENCE - STRENGTH)

Start by going for 5-1-1

Then 5-1-5

Then 10-1-5

Then 10-1-10

Then 15-1-10

Then 15-1-15

Then 20-1-15

Then 20-1-20

Then 30-1-20 (go for addy ASAP)

Then 30-1-30

Then 40-1-30 (rune, and you're set)

Then 40-1-?? (As much as you like)

The reason why I focus on attack more is that at low levels, you hit low damage - basic concept. 20 strength or 40 strength, theres very little difference. Going for 40 attack however gives you a MASSIVE boost of "strength" from your rune scimitar as well as a good hit % - crucial for fast training. After the ability to wear rune weaponry, gain strength as much as you like.

the perfect pure f2p pkers for me are these:

- 99 ranged, 99 defence, hp?, strength 1, attack 1, magic 1, prayer 1

- 40 attack, 99 strength, 80+ magic, hp?, 31 prayer, 1 ranged, defence 1

- 40 attack, 99 strength, 80+ magic, hp?, prayer 1, defence 1, ranged 1

- 99 ranged, hp?, magic 80+, defence 40, attack 1, strength 1, prayer 1

Nice guide! You inspired me (started trainign my pure again)

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

It's 11pm here, so I didn't read it all, but you obviously know what you're talking about!! I never even thought of becoming a pure, I hate doing the same skill even for 3 days, I like to keep changing. Just a thought, but my bro (f2p) has 75 range and he trains happily at the ice giants, just find a relatively empty world and he gets 20k+ xp an hour, which is good for range, but mage xp isn't good at all there! And if you're not after drops or bones anyway, deadly red spiders give awesome xp and they're not too far from a bank.

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

Where are you supposed to sell the arrows that you buy because everyone that buys only buys for about 20 ea

Although im f2p, you are able to view the official runescape forum, (i.e. the one on runescape.com). Go to the fletching section of their marketplace and u can notice a significant amount of ppl interested in purchasing low-level arrows in massive amounts. You wont be able to post in that forum, however you can always PM the person selling. (Although it gets annoying saying...

"meet me in seers" - "sorry, im f2p... :( "

The forums here are not as active (i.e. its not a post every 2 or 3 seconds..) but there is a better chance to see other f2p players interested in buying bulk here.

that is without doubt one of the best guids i have had the oppertunity to lay eyes on. i thank you for that.

there are but a few things that could get cleared up (to make it perfect)

1.)

THE [P E R F E C T] F2P PKER

ATTACK: 40

DEFENCE: 1

STRENGTH: 90

HITPOINTS: 90

MAGIC: 60

PRAYER: 1

RANGED: 85

COMBAT: 65

there is ONE thing to make it better for your strategy. keep magic equal to ranged at all times. it raises your hitpoints, which i agree are very valuable to anyone so with 85 mage you will have a few more hp. it maybe will up comabt to 66 but you will have the "edge"

2.)whilst training as a f2p melee person. i would recommend dragonhide vambraces if you have the required range. if not then regular leather vabraces work fine too. i do believe that they have slightley higher defense bonuses than those regular gloves. it's almost insignificant, but better nontheless.

3.) another way to make money (cheap) you can run ess for the air runes. it's fast and easy and its above all -free- so you will never need an air staff or wahtever. just a little thing.

4.) also another EXCELLENT way of making money is to get 67 logs (ridiculousley easy...) and 67 iron (or steel or wahtever) bars. get s friend to make you 1000 arrows with it. its free fletching exp and a bit of free smithing exp too. also its a cheap easy way to get those extra arrows for the money making.

once again, excellent guide. i laud your efforts (maybe i'll make a f2p pker myself) i am currentley training ranged and magic on my main for the very reason of no comabt levels and those extra hp =)

i, for one, like prayer, but only because t is so very hard to up. i think that it is not as good as i thought (especially in pking-only takes off like 1/2) but it is helpful nontheless if you don't care about your combat level.

so, i will refer to this giude a lot. (i'm making a defense/prayer pure for the heck of it but i have another account i made and don't know waht to do with...)

EDIT: also in micorsoft word is 13 pages =)

tipitlessersigea3.png

cheers for the comments :wink:

there is ONE thing to make it better for your strategy. keep magic equal to ranged at all times. it raises your hitpoints, which i agree are very valuable to anyone so with 85 mage you will have a few more hp. it maybe will up comabt to 66 but you will have the "edge"

It's good to see someone who follows my HP views :roll:

However taking into consideration that its for f2p, 85 mage doesnt seem all that useful, although it does allow you to have a much greater advantage IF you choose to become p2p.

Initially I believed that magic was the "best" way to raise hitpoints out of the "safe ways to fight". However, after finding the spot with the fortress guards, I noticed that its much better to train ranged constantly for further hitpoints levels. Also, since I utilize ranged alot in pking, its a win - win situation :) .

At the moment, I've decided to stop training magic at 70, however I used Fire Bolt to train it, and its helped quite alot with hitpoints with its 12 hit maximum. However, when training with bronze arrows and a maple shortbow, I hit 9's maximum, with a significantly faster firing rate. (Almost like wind bolts, but with a greater speed). Also, using ranged is a much cheaper option - when your ranged is high enough, you'll hardly ever miss against level 20 fortress guards.

OH and also...

If anyone has any requests for anything that might be helpful in the guide, enlighten me :lol:

RSN: xp3nsiv

The higher your magic level, the higher your magic defence. So having a magic level that is equal to your ranged not only helps your hp, but also your magic defence. Nice guide.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Where are you supposed to sell the arrows that you buy because everyone that buys only buys for about 20 ea

Although im f2p, you are able to view the official runescape forum, (i.e. the one on runescape.com). Go to the fletching section of their marketplace and u can notice a significant amount of ppl interested in purchasing low-level arrows in massive amounts. You wont be able to post in that forum, however you can always PM the person selling. (Although it gets annoying saying...

"meet me in seers" - "sorry, im f2p... :( "

The forums here are not as active (i.e. its not a post every 2 or 3 seconds..) but there is a better chance to see other f2p players interested in buying bulk here.

Thx For the help and nice guide and im p2p also so that problem is solved :D

First off, very nice guide. I also share your view on hitpoints. :wink:

After your tip, i went to train strength at goblins, and found the exp pretty slow. I'm still a fan of zombies in edgeville dungeon. It's actually fairly close to a bank, and although you use alot more food, i'm willing to make that sacrifice for better exp. They max hit 2 and have pretty high hitpoints. You should go check it out sometime.

pixelsigwg5.png

I'm still a fan of zombies in edgeville dungeon. It's actually fairly close to a bank, and although you use alot more food, i'm willing to make that sacrifice for better exp. They max hit 2 and have pretty high hitpoints. You should go check it out sometime.

I use the same place, it's great exp and I can stay in the dungeon for just about half an hour using salmon.

I got to 40 ranged on the guards near black knights on my main :P

Oh, and:

If you raise your mage up, it -will- help.

Magic defense is your mage and your defense averaged out :)

Those mages will waste less of your food ;)

And you'll have higher hp.

--------------

I'm currently making a pker for f2p, although not a pure-i'm aiming for 40-60-40 with 60+ ranged and 59 mage, and am trying to keep my hp down to compensate :)

If i keep my hp above the point that I can be 1 hit, but below the average, I still gain more offensive capabilities without losing an edge-i'm a practiced no-prayer dharvoker :P

It's not good if you lag however.